Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:35:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my!  (Read 23406 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:11 AM

Are they going to fix the fucking problem where the computer decides at the start of a game who gets to play and who doesn't ?

Cause that's a fucking cock problem right there.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 08:04:32 AM

I'm sure I'll try out the daemons, but I've played the chaos dwarves in regular play and wasn't too happy with them.  Chaos and humans are my best teams and I anticipate sticking with them.  I just hate to say goodbye to the Presidents and the Emperors.  I would've been interested in Chaos Pact or maybe Slann.  Underworld just doesn't suit me, but they are an interesting team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:01 AM

I wish they'd add some more of the star players.

Yes, this. They're criminally underrepresented right now.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55:38 PM

Beats me why they can't put them all in and use existing high level player models.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 06:20:10 AM

If they did then they couldn't release a fourth version a year and a half from now with updated star players and Chaos Pact, whose models are also already in the game, for the most part.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 07:16:46 AM

Did read something about this being the 3rd of 3 games cyanide is contractually committed to deliver with Focus.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 09:50:35 AM

Chaos Edition discount for current players

Coaches,

We are happy to inform that all owners of Blood Bowl will be able to purchase Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition for about €10,00! (exact price is still being debated, but this number is pretty accurate)

This price is a special offer for all players who already have one of the previous editions of the game such as Blood Bowl, Legendary Edition or Dark Elves Edition.

For those who don’t already have the game and want the full experience, Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition will be sold around €30. Pass the message along to your friends so they join the community in September 2012!

Works out to around $12 for us dollar folks. 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 09:59:55 AM

Does that apply if you have it on Steam, or is it only by buying directly from them, I wonder.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:09 AM

Does that apply if you have it on Steam, or is it only by buying directly from them, I wonder.

They could get away with both.  Direct sales is easy enough since they can verify your info via you multi-player login.  Steam sales could be handled via the new coupon system; just give everyone that has a BB edition in their library a pass.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:51 AM

It was available on steam when they did the same deal for upgrades from DE to LE.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 11:46:50 AM

It was available on steam when they did the same deal for upgrades from DE to LE.

I suspect they won't use the same system, since the old one was exploitable (if you had DE edition, you could buy multiple copies of Legendary and gift them to people).
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 14, 2012, 01:37:52 PM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 02:16:33 PM

They really need to release the roster for the Khorne team so we can see how badly they're fucking things up.

EDIT: Was that Barik Farblast? Why would they give us him before Flint Churnblade.  angry
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:39:28 PM by Ingmar »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 07:56:12 PM

And by teaser you mean why the fuck would they bother producing that?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 02:09:19 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 02:13:32 AM

And by teaser you mean why the fuck would they bother producing that?

The trailer or the Khorne team?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 10:03:02 AM

Christ, almost 1/3rd of that video was nothing more than logos. That was particularly useless.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:58 PM

For what it is worth, I'm kind of expecting Khorne to look along these lines (choas with frenzy all over the place and less armour)..

0-1 Big Fucker         150   5 5 2 8   Frenzy Horns MightyBlow Loner WildAnimal             MS/GAP
0-4 Medium Fucker   110   5 4 2 7   Frenzy  Horns                                                    MSG/AP
0-16 Little Fucker       50   6 3 3 7   None                                                                G/MSAP

Rerolls : 60

Starting Roster, 4 Medium Fucker, 7 Little Fucker, 3 Reroll. Or 1 Big Fucker, 3 Medium Fucker, 7 Little Fucker, 2 Reroll.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 01:10:55 PM

expect lots of either blood lust or wild animal
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 01:22:50 PM

That could be an interesting team.  Especially if it had mutation access.  Sort of a Chaos Norse squad.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 01:13:03 PM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 01:19:28 PM

Transferrable teams is good, but it would be *really* nice for our purposes if LE people could play against the new teams without upgrading.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 01:22:32 PM

Transferrable teams is good, but it would be *really* nice for our purposes if LE people could play against the new teams without upgrading.

Good god, man, it's a feat of strength alone for them to make the LE teams transferable.  What do you think they are, miracle workers?  I suppose you want a bug-free usable and robust UI as well?  A side rack of ribs to go with it? 

why so serious?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:49 PM

My god, the Burrowing Beetles may yet arise from their dwarf-induced grave.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: August 28, 2012, 01:36:08 PM

It does mean I could inflict another season of str 5 linedwarf on you all, but I don't think I will anyway.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 28, 2012, 01:38:02 PM

Wow, they've figured out a way to export a team from sqlite? WOW.  awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: August 28, 2012, 02:54:02 PM

Wow, they've figured out a way to export a team from sqlite? WOW.  awesome, for real

It's CYANIDE. You know they're going to fuck that up royally. Like "hey you exported that team and you can't use it in the new edition because FROMAGE oh and it corrupted the file on the LE servers and we would fix it but we are LE TIRED" fucked up.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 28, 2012, 03:04:13 PM

To be fair to cyanide, DE to LE also included the switch from LRB5 to LRB6 rules and rosters so they couldn't easily transfer teams without messiness.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #63 on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:03 AM

Being able to transfer The Mutiny just made it about a billion times more likely I will pick this up and start playing again.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 03, 2012, 03:02:47 PM

Quote from: le Blood Bowl dev
Legendary and Chaos will be compatible. It means that a Legendary player will be able to play with a Chaos player but only with a Legendary team. He will see the new races but won't be able to choose a Chaos Dwarfs team.

Concerning your team, you should be able play with your team on Chaos edition, so you won't have to restart a new team if you don't want.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 03, 2012, 04:15:16 PM

/monocle pops out

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: September 03, 2012, 05:15:42 PM

It's like Cyanide WANTS me to grind IainC's various elf teams under my bright pink Norse boot again.

God Save the Horn Players
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: September 04, 2012, 12:31:51 AM

Heartbreak

I thought we were friends...

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012, 04:24:07 PM

Quote from: le Blood Bowl dev
Legendary and Chaos will be compatible. It means that a Legendary player will be able to play with a Chaos player but only with a Legendary team. He will see the new races but won't be able to choose a Chaos Dwarfs team.

Concerning your team, you should be able play with your team on Chaos edition, so you won't have to restart a new team if you don't want.

Crazy.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #69 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:13 PM

What they don't tell you is that there will be twice the amount of bugs, with their powers combined.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my!  
Jump to: