Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  (Read 52996 times)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:38 AM

Betting $50 servers are down again tonight sometime.  No way they got this patch right
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: April 12, 2012, 06:17:56 AM

Initial thoughts after 15 minutes:

- much improved response at the fleets
- where did my bottom center quickbar go?
- going to need to seriously re-tweak the UI
- my legacy level unlocked most everything for purchase, but I can't afford to buy any of them except the unarmed stuff.   sad

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #142 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:36 AM

My initial thoughts... oh boy, I needn't have worried about the commando grav round nerf.

My demo round crits for over 6k now when I charge it up, and full auto is both much better (and almost always available).  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, Mortar Volley is now a thing of beauty, and the Voidstar WZ ends immediately in the second round if the attacking side gets further in. I love this patch already.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:41:32 AM by Jherad »
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: April 12, 2012, 06:51:34 AM

and the Voidstar WZ ends immediately in the second round if the attacking side gets further in. I love this patch already.

Thats a sweet change, sucks to just keep playing once you already lost :P
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #144 on: April 12, 2012, 07:04:10 AM

- where did my bottom center quickbar go?
- going to need to seriously re-tweak the UI
In the UI preview video, they said they were resetting the UI. Both the default UI and the one most people used (all hotbars) are set up as presets using the button on the hotbar by your portrait (in the default layout).

I'm with you on not being able to afford any legacy unlocks. I'm perpetually broke in mmo.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: April 12, 2012, 07:51:19 AM

Players can now leave comments on entries in their Friends List in the Social Window.

That will be nice!

Over and out.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: April 12, 2012, 08:01:10 AM

Rank II speeder piloting, now only 150k, woo!

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: April 12, 2012, 12:43:41 PM

The new customization is indeed fairly nice, but the initial setup is kinda annoying.

Everything is JUST, KINDA, SORTA, "wrong" until you nudge everything back in place.

You can manipulate the action bars pretty nicely though. Lengthen them, shorten them, stack them, make cubes or rectangles out of them.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #148 on: April 12, 2012, 04:25:59 PM

Title edited for accuracy.

Now quit talking about cancelling your preorders and post your goddamn interfaces.

I still wish they would've built the engine with a proper mod api from the beginning but letting me at least move my hotbars around is a start.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:21 PM

Here's my work of art  why so serious?

My companion bar opens up to a similar double row of 6 above the companion party frame.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: April 12, 2012, 05:16:17 PM

The new UI is pretty awesome all around, though there are three little things that still irritate me.  Warning: these are very minor nitpicks, and one is just a bug.

1)  In all the MMOs I've played, I always detach a window for guild/whispers so they don't get lost in the shuffle of general/party/ops/whatever.  Well, the window I detached in this UI has a very annoying bug that keeps resetting the font size back to 14.  I even tried editing the XML itself and changed all the chat window font sizes to 12 manually, but still no joy.  It must be a bug in the coding of creating a new window or something.

2)  I too move my chat windows to the bottom of the screen, because having them up top where you're constantly clicking on them by accident when you're trying to target a mob on that part of the screen is retarded.  But I can't find a way to have chat scroll down from the top of the window instead of up from the bottom.

3)  I can't detach and resize my buffs/debuffs.  It would be even better if I could just indicate a select few proc buffs that I could grow about 1000% bigger and stick right in the middle of my screen with say 33% alpha or so, so I don't have to stare at that tiny little bar to see when they go off.

Other than that, the UI is about as customizable as I could hope to ask for.  So kudos to that.

On on unrelated note, I was finally able to drop a mission that I'd been stuck with for months.  So I'm happy about that, too.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #151 on: April 12, 2012, 05:35:41 PM

Sure, take a screen shot while I curse. People will think I'm uncouth!

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: April 12, 2012, 06:02:05 PM

I'm pretty sure you have natural couth repellant.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Mystery patch tonight, patch notes "to be posted after."  Head scratch

Sploitz?

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #154 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:34 PM

Now quit talking about cancelling your preorders and post your goddamn interfaces.

Yep, that's a 600 man queue.

Dammit Fabricated, get to Fatman.

Oh, also they didn't add any of the warzone changes they said they would. I am sad. I am really tired of queuing with only 4 people and having to re-invite every time.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:34:17 PM by bhodi »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #155 on: April 12, 2012, 07:25:29 PM

Okay, there is a huge bug for people who run in windowed fullscreen mode.

Apparently the game is changing the refresh rate of your windows desktop to match the max FPS in-game while the game is running. Unfortunately, if you tab out, or crash, that refresh rate/resolution suddenly gets fixed to a lower/higher/different rate that may not be supported by people's monitors. Possibly, it's happening from people who are re-selecting windowed fullscreen mode, then the game blank, so they tab out and kill it, and then all of a sudden they're fucked.

The bad news is that this is changing the windows settings itself, so it persists across reboots. Hope people know how to hit F8 and go in and re-install drivers!

Basically, this is second only to CCP's boot fuckage. There is an emergency patch at 3am, if it doesn't address it I'm sure there will be another very quickly. There "Fix" is to edit a configuration ini file.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:27:57 PM by bhodi »
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #156 on: April 12, 2012, 07:35:39 PM

Ahahahah, that's awesome. Weird, I thought that refresh rates were tied to each individual application by the graphic card drivers.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #157 on: April 12, 2012, 07:36:34 PM

I am watching Sjofn tab back and forth in windowed full-screen mode so there must be something more to it than just that.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: April 12, 2012, 07:47:38 PM

Dam, 250 people in the republic fleet on my server.  Havent seen it over 150 in a while
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #159 on: April 12, 2012, 07:51:48 PM

Kinda glad I run full-screen non-windowed really. So far I'm decently impressed with the patch from a technical standpoint hilariously-terrible bugs I'm not experiencing notwithstanding. The UI customization is better than I thought it would be. I can also get around the fleet with like 200 people on it with better FPS than I got when it was like 30 people.

Mortar Volley actually fires instantly now instead of like 4 fucking seconds after I cast it, I can actually make stuff to reverse engineer and know I won't waste stacks of mats on nothing, etc.

I don't PVP however, so there is that. Hopefully they get their shit straightened out and get the WZ queuing working.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:39 PM

New RE rates seem to be 20% for greens, 10% for blues.  In 15 minutes I got schematics I hadn't obtained with 30+ tries before.   Heart

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: April 12, 2012, 09:16:24 PM

Ironically, because the UI modding is IN the game, and not tied to a bunch of downloads from outside... I've actually customized my SWTOR UI far far more then I ever changed my WoW one.

Which isn't a lot still by any means, but there's that!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #162 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:19 PM

I am watching Sjofn tab back and forth in windowed full-screen mode so there must be something more to it than just that.

It's sexier when I do it.

God Save the Horn Players
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: April 13, 2012, 04:42:19 AM

I dont know wtf they are thinking with PvP.  Losing a WZ now you get about half the comm's as before, so if you arent in a pre-made you can lose all night long.  Since launch the level 20 and 40 gear is now over 4x higher then launch prices and this Warhero gear is RETARD pricing.  I mean they are making PvP to be a stupidly massive grind.  As for testing feedback, all that fell on deaf ears.  Where is my GW2?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #164 on: April 13, 2012, 05:28:01 AM

Dam, 250 people in the republic fleet on my server.  Havent seen it over 150 in a while

The extra 100 are people checking out on free time, of course.  How bad is it that I don't feel inclined to do even that?  I'm so sad, had many hopes for this game.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: April 13, 2012, 05:29:50 AM

Anyone know a good site where they are puttign up custom UI's I can import?  I am terrible at that kind of thing but would like to use someone elses custom healing UI. 
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: April 13, 2012, 05:38:28 AM

Anyone know a good site where they are puttign up custom UI's I can import?  I am terrible at that kind of thing but would like to use someone elses custom healing UI. 

http://www.swtorui.com/addons.php
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/uifileshare/

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: April 13, 2012, 08:25:25 AM

Servers down again for a patch to fix the patch that fixed 1.2 and made much of 1.2 disappear.

Heart

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #168 on: April 13, 2012, 08:29:02 AM

Quote from: Shatter
I mean they are making PvP to be a stupidly massive grind.

It WAS a massive grind. It's not now.
War Hero gear isn't harder to get than the original Battlemaster stuff or even the Champion stuff when you had to randomly find it in bags (and you could find doubles).
And it's only temporarily hard, consequence of the fact we can't aquire ranked WZ comms. It'll be a breeze when we will.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:30:35 AM by Falconeer »

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:17 AM

Quote from: Shatter
I mean they are making PvP to be a stupidly massive grind.

It WAS a massive grind. It's not now.
War Hero gear isn't harder to get than the original Battlemaster stuff or even the Champion stuff when you had to randomly find it in bags (and you could find doubles).
And it's only temporarily hard, consequence of the fact we can't aquire ranked WZ comms. It'll be a breeze when we will.

You can (allegedly) currently trade warzone comms for ranked warzone comms so you can still get War Hero stuff even now.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: April 13, 2012, 08:58:46 AM

You can (allegedly) currently trade warzone comms for ranked warzone comms so you can still get War Hero stuff even now.

You can, but only at a 3:1 ratio.

It'd take about 90 warzones (averaging a little over 100 commendations a go, which is rather optimistic) to afford your chestpiece - assuming you already have battlemaster gear.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #171 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:19 AM

My UI is just the extended hotbars one. I didn't have much of an issue with it before.

Kinda got bummed out about the skill reset, I forgot how I had everyone set up and didn't really feel like spending my limited gaming time last night monkeying with it.

Also cruel that they give legacy alt options this far into the game when I have no character slots left open.

All the new end game stuff is group content, so Komoto stays on a sunny beach sipping tequila for a while longer.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:54 AM

Servers down again for a patch to fix the patch that fixed 1.2 and made much of 1.2 disappear.

Heart

A note from the management : Those responsible for patching the patch, have been sacked.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:30 AM

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Oops.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #174 on: April 13, 2012, 10:09:50 AM

Especially funny with the patch notes as fixing only a char deletion issue and stuff about support tickets. Why would they even have to touch the content data for that?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  
Jump to: