Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  (Read 52947 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:36 PM

Wouldn't let me spoiler for some odd reason, just deleted my wall of text.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:24:53 PM by Fabricated »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:08:32 PM

That's really hard to read.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056 Direct Link to notes.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:52 PM

hah yeah I was trying to clean it up ><
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:15 PM

"Tactical Advantage no longer triggers a "grunt effect" when it occurs."

No!  My uncontrolled giggling, gone forever.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:12:46 AM

The Jesus patch at last.  Looks decent enough...hope it goes live soon.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:26 AM

"Tactical Advantage no longer triggers a "grunt effect" when it occurs."

No!  My uncontrolled giggling, gone forever.

I'm a little sad, to be honest, the male IA has a lovely chuckle.

God Save the Horn Players
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 07:15:35 AM

Seriously, can someone /spoiler tag the OP, please?

Also, a lot of these notes I'm seeing are things they could have probably squeezed out in their weekly patches weeks ago.  Not that I'm bitter or anything, just sayin'  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 08:41:02 AM

Seriously, can someone /spoiler tag the OP, please?

Also, a lot of these notes I'm seeing are things they could have probably squeezed out in their weekly patches weeks ago.  Not that I'm bitter or anything, just sayin'  why so serious?

Perfect timing for the 3 monthers...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 09:05:45 AM

Kaon Under Siege
    The health of KR-82 Expulser's probe droids has been increased significantly.

Who the fuck thought making the hardest fight in Kaon that no one does even harder was a good idea?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 10:19:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't see any fixes to the problem I have with tanking on the JK.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:55 AM

"Wall of Text" is an understatement for those patch notes...

In-game rewards will be available to players who participate on the Public Test Server. Players will receive a title if they attain level 10 on PTS, and another if they complete Chapter 1.

Hmmm...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:47 PM

Unfortunately I don't see any fixes to the problem I have with tanking on the JK.

So, it turns out that taunting when you have aggro increases your threat in SWTOR. Work taunt into your rotation, threat problems go away, apparently.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:39:00 PM

So, it turns out that taunting when you have aggro increases your threat in SWTOR. Work taunt into your rotation, threat problems go away, apparently.

Yeah I alternate my taunts in when I'm tanking.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 12:46:14 PM

That's what they believe, heh.  Problem is, all the talent and tanking guides have been saying "Use your Taunts, Luke" since before release, so I'd guess people were already doing it, and still getting bad results.

They've moved some of the rather important talents around, and they're apparently changing the power curves (and caps?) for the secondary stats, so hmm, I guess we'll see what happens.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 12:53:09 PM

That's what they believe, heh.  Problem is, all the talent and tanking guides have been saying "Use your Taunts, Luke" since before release, so I'd guess people were already doing it, and still getting bad results.

They've moved some of the rather important talents around, and they're apparently changing the power curves (and caps?) for the secondary stats, so hmm, I guess we'll see what happens.

My main problem was I was taunting anyway. Apparently I'm terrible at tanking in this game.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:28 PM

I wasn't using mine, I was assuming incorrectly they'd work like WoW taunts - they'd do nothing when you didn't have aggro. I have mostly been playing my gunslinger recently, I'll have to try tanking again and see if taunt spam helps at least solve the issues I was having personally.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

Hahahahaha, wow. Some of those are hilarious. Especially the hats.

God Save the Horn Players
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

Why the heck would they take an axe to BH/Trooper healers but leave Sorcs/Sages relatively unchanged?
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:57 AM

Why the heck would they take an axe to BH/Trooper healers but leave Sorcs/Sages relatively unchanged?

They key word there is "relatively". Sorcs not only lost 6% dps and some crit (so less procs unless you change your gearing), they really took the bull's piz' up the marmite motorway with the healing changes. The hybrid dps spec is as dead as a can of spam unless you go higher in lightening and pray for LS to proc insta CL - but doing that you gimp your control. Sorc has no burst whatsoever now while still being subject to 6k+ HULK SMASH PUNY SORCERER from Juggs/Guards and Maras/Sents while at the same time having weaker healing and less control over their Force pool (without cutting their own throats, killing themselves).

GZ tried to calm things a little by suggesting that there were certain "changes under the hood" that made extrapolation of the patchnotes actual effect on gameplay impossible to judge by - you know - reading the patch notes... "Like, really guys, it's not as terrible as it looks... honest."

He may be right, but as I can't get onto PTS I have to watch the tears wash in while I cling to my orange crate and paddle for sanity.

Lot of p.o.'d people in my guild on both the empire and republic side.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:40:35 AM by VainEldritch »

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 08:50:57 AM

Hahahahaha, wow. Some of those are hilarious. Especially the hats.
I feel really sorry for JK's, that armour is just  swamp poop
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

All of it is ugly.

All
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 10:55:58 AM

The PvP gear outside of Trooper is not good, but I like the PvE gear.  Smuggler's a little... odd and I really hope the other colors are better for Agent, but I like them.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

Holy crap, the hats. And the sorc pve armor is just kind of hilarious on it's own.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 11:07:21 AM

Darth Hater has some highlights of the legacy perks.

Looks like Legacy level 10 to unlock most of it, with almost all perks being available by 15.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 12:46:48 PM

I'm up to 20, so hurrah!

Sjofn what's your legacy level.  why so serious?

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:12 PM

They probably have to patch in her legacy level.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 02:48:28 PM

Some clarification on the credits thing for broke folks like Sky.

Quote from: Georg Zoeller
You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:
The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').
Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 03:19:02 PM

Is it just me or do these two things seem contradictory?

Quote from: Georg Zoeller
The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

So if I want, say, a Chiss scoundrel, is it free because my legacy level is over 8, or is it that level 8 has unlocked it and now it is 1.5 million spacebux?  Basically, what counts as "other things" vs. "some things" for that second explanation.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I thought it was:

Get Legacy to level 8.  Additionally, either pay the space bucks or get a character of that race to level 50.

Edit:  I guess it could be getting to level 50 unlocks that race regardless of anything else, or you could get to Legacy 8 and pay the space bucks.

Over and out.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 05:26:56 PM

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 05:45:54 PM

Have to agree... those armor models outside of Trooper look horrid. WTF is the sorcerer get up doing with all the sickle stuff?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 05:52:28 PM

That JK hat and Sorc...I am just amazed. Do they even focus group this stuff?

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

I think part of what upsets me most is that they're not even trying to make these outfits look even vaguely Star Wars-y. No one in any of the films looked as fucking silly as this, not even the senators or ambassadors or Queen fucking Amidala. And they especially didn't have to fight in it.

They're trying too hard to appeal to a WoW demographic with this crap. One of the reasons I left WoW behind (beyond how bad the game had become in general) was the distancing between my aesthetic preferences and the current dev team's. The appearance transmutation option was a welcome addition that came far too late but WoW has 7 years of gear history to fall back on. SWtOR simply doesn't have the range of gear to choose from and of course, there's only a tiny selection of OJ, moddable gear to tweak from that.

Silly fucking shoulderpads, all over again.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 07:51:28 PM

The two things I want to see:

Legacy bank (guild bank doesn't cross factions)
Character slots (8 more per server, thanks)

Some nice things in the quality of life dep't, but not a ton of meat. And the BH nerf. Happy to have (maybe) RE fixed and some appearance options.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Patch 1.2 is out.  
Jump to: