Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  (Read 71018 times)
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #245 on: March 14, 2012, 09:41:55 AM

Hmm, I wonder what they're going to do with Tracer Missile (and I presume Grav Round). Just sticking a cooldown on it will cause problems, but there absolutely should be some diversity in abilities used for those specs.

I am amazed at how powerful my trooper was whilst leveling compared to my other classes (once I got my healing companion), so I could see the writing on the wall somewhat. Of course, now I'm leveling a DPS sage, and so far I'm finding the same thing again - all the DPS of the trooper, but with none of the ammo problems.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: March 14, 2012, 10:33:27 AM

so how would the sage/sorc outfits look on a male character? I certainly hope it's a different model  swamp poop

All the current outfits that show up on female chars as belly-t's are full torso jackets on male chars.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: March 14, 2012, 11:25:18 AM

How about some ability consolidation instead?
Agreed.
Perhaps I'm just slowing due to my age, but I find playing my Immortal Jugger' is at the very limit of my "make use of all your abilities at the right time" range. If we get any more buttons to press I'll fall way back.

Seconded x1000.  My Shadow had a ridiculous number of abilities I used frequently, pushing my old-man APM to the limit, even with a fancypants mouse.  Exacerbated by the fact that some of them were only useful when procs happened, which meant I needed to keep an eagle eye on those tiny buff boxes.  Definitely one of the two main reasons I stopped seriously playing (the other was travel/trash to questing ratio from the warrenlike zone layout).  Fixing the spam, either by thinning out abilities or allowing Rift-style conditional macros, would make the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

I've been messing with a bounty hunter lately to chat with some old EQ friends playing TOR now, and he seems a lot less spammy (and WAY more powerful, though I really miss having stealth to skip omgthetrash).  Though he's only lvl 20, and I don't remember if the shadow had gotten annoying at that point.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:19:38 PM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:49 PM

Yeah another quick slot bar doesn't really interest me because it feels like I have too many abilities to track as it is, and I'd rather have some ability consolidation.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: March 14, 2012, 02:00:00 PM

I've been messing with a bounty hunter lately to chat with some old EQ friends playing TOR now, and he seems a lot less spammy (and WAY more powerful, though I really miss having stealth to skip omgthetrash).  Though he's only lvl 20, and I don't remember if the shadow had gotten annoying at that point.

It's the AE, both kinds of BH get half a dozen ways to AE mobs from like level 10.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: March 14, 2012, 02:21:51 PM

The difference between our BH / Sorcerer duo and our Assassin / Warrior duo is rather staggering.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:30 PM

Well the Assassin/Warrior is some combination of tank/tank/dps/dps, where the BH/Sorc duo at least has someone who can heal, if not both of you depending on the kind of BH.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: March 14, 2012, 03:26:18 PM

I can already feel the difference between the Vanguard/Gunslinger duo and the Marauder/Operative duo.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #253 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:27 PM

Shit died WAY FASTER in our gunslinger/guardian duo than the guardian/sage duo. I think next up, but who knows when it will actually happen, will be the commando (that's the healer one, right? I can never remember.)/gunslinger duo. Unless Ingmar suddenly feels compelled to EMPIRE IT UP.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:35 PM

Commandos are the Healers/Ranged DPS yes.

Vanguards are the Tanks/Melee DPS.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: March 15, 2012, 09:11:10 AM

Well the Assassin/Warrior is some combination of tank/tank/dps/dps, where the BH/Sorc duo at least has someone who can heal, if not both of you depending on the kind of BH.
DPS/DPS in both cases.

The Assassin and Marauder are much more single-target, whereas the BH and Sorc have good damage area attacks that also do crowd control, and protective bubbles.  Throw in the option of up to two good healer companions, the difference in capabilities is huge.  Groups go much faster, and single targets aren't much slower.  Plus the original duo couldn't stand up to champion mobs well at all.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:36 AM

BH and sorcs are stupid easy to level.  Operators are a bit more challenging.  Snipers are a pain until they get Loken. 

The same holds for the pve endgame.  My op and sniper are dead weight in comparison to those two classes in hard mode/raid runs.  I think they let me tag along because nobody else can use the cunning drops.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: March 15, 2012, 05:35:59 PM

Sniper is fantastically useful because of the barrier, but being a turret means I wouldn't play one myself I think.

For Operatives though, I do think I'd be more useful to my raid as a DPS Sorc.  I could still interrupt (which is the big issue with Merc) and off-heal and I both have a much longer max range and I can stay at it.  Maybe a bit less mobile though for current fights as there's not a load of long movement phases.  Solo'ing would be a lot less fun and we'd be in a worse way for crowd controls in KP, but I'm not sure how much that will be an issue going forward.

Downside is that leveling one is like leveling a Warlock, which isn't fun at all.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:17 PM

Legacy preview

It should be noted that while you still can't romance same sex companions (yet?), apparently there is nothing stopping legacy gay marriage between your own characters.  So in a way, Bioware has patched in some gay.  cheesy

Over and out.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: March 23, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

Thats cool

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #260 on: March 23, 2014, 09:16:46 PM

Hot frownie on frownie action.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: March 25, 2012, 11:05:29 AM

I saw a dev post the other day saying they are working on a LFD, but was reassuring some asshat who was complaining about community that it'll be server only.

I wonder how many months it'll take them to realize that is a shitty option and the majority of people just want to play the game regardless of who they are playing with.  It only took RIFT like 3 or 4 months to switch it to x-server.

Ya but rift devs dont wear their pants on their heads. Except the bard dev.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  
Jump to: