Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  (Read 71035 times)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: March 09, 2012, 01:43:23 AM

A single server XP-off bracket is never going to pop, ever.

WoW's XP-off brackets didn't work even across a battlegroup of a dozen servers. Not until they got rid of battlegroups entirely and had the PvP brackets span every server in the region.
Like I said, I don't see a downside to that approach. why so serious?

(I was never fond of the idea of pvp twinks in sub-max brackets fighting non-twinks)

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: March 09, 2012, 08:07:17 AM

I saw a dev post the other day saying they are working on a LFD, but was reassuring some asshat who was complaining about community that it'll be server only.

I wonder how many months it'll take them to realize that is a shitty option and the majority of people just want to play the game regardless of who they are playing with.  It only took RIFT like 3 or 4 months to switch it to x-server.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #177 on: March 09, 2012, 11:43:02 PM

meh
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: March 09, 2012, 11:53:37 PM

I saw a dev post the other day saying they are working on a LFD, but was reassuring some asshat who was complaining about community that it'll be server only.

I wonder how many months it'll take them to realize that is a shitty option and the majority of people just want to play the game regardless of who they are playing with.  It only took RIFT like 3 or 4 months to switch it to x-server.

I prefer them to go single server for as long as possible.  Unlike most i've made alot of friends through pvp, and it's fun to know who you are fighting and be civil with them afterwards.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: March 10, 2012, 10:12:26 AM

I prefer them to go single server for as long as possible.  Unlike most i've made alot of friends through pvp, and it's fun to know who you are fighting and be civil with them afterwards.

Same here.  Met some great people doing warzones (and Ilum, though not so much Ilum anymore >.>).  As a matter of fact, 5 of us just got the +10 datacron on the Republic Fleet last night.  Thumbs up!

Over and out.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: March 10, 2012, 10:20:07 AM

I;ve got no problem with that in theory, but if they want to do that here then they need bigger servers, if necessary instancing the fleet.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #181 on: March 11, 2012, 12:18:54 PM

Logged on last night to get enough money for maybe 1 or two of the fire sale items. Hate the way they're doing that, it completely bones the casual players, but whatever. Running my first gauntlet of belsavis dailies and some guy wants to group for a 2+. We run in there with 2 heal pets (he's a marauder) and I almost die on the first encounter, had to use all my CDs and a medpac. Guy looks at my gear and almost bails. Then he says 'just run through all the dailies every night for a week or two and you should be geared up'. That sounds atrocious, just run through the same content every night for a week...so I can be geared to run through the next bit of content I'll have to repeat ad nauseum? Crazy.

At least repeating content with an alt I might see the same thing once a month, not every night.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: March 11, 2012, 12:55:54 PM

At least repeating content with an alt I might see the same thing once a month, not every night.

Welcome to my world Sky.  You can either grind it out, start pugging hardmodes until you get some better gear, pvp a few days to get a centurian set, or start leveling an alt.
I've leveled two toons to 50 and found it pretty enjoyable as long as a) I don't let the quest grind make me insane between storyline quests and b) have someone to chat with on vent/skype. 

I may have to go back to leveling my toon on your server.  Would be nice to chat again.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:18 PM

I wasn't really grinding out daily comms so much as getting money for the stupid 1.2 fire sale.

I am happy doing my alt thing, it just sucks having scrub gear forever, with all the cool gear backloaded for when the game is essentially over.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: March 11, 2012, 02:39:09 PM

It would be nice if there was something better for 50s to do.  Getting a pug was hell when I quit.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: March 11, 2012, 04:57:44 PM

Maybe it was a mistake centering nerd night around newbies - it's the end game where it's tough finding groups :)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #186 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:19 PM

Maybe it was a mistake centering nerd night around newbies - it's the end game where it's tough finding groups :)

Haven't really played lately, but if we did a Flashpoint night on Sunday or Monday I'd be up for it (only days that would really work for me since I'm a West Coaster that usually works evening shifts).
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: March 12, 2012, 05:04:00 AM

Of my many complaints about this game, gearing up really isn't one of them.  There are a whole bunch of reasonable options for solo/small gorup folks to gear up (pvp, hardmodes, dailies, normal ops).  I run an 8 man f&F guild and there is always something to do even if only a couple of folks are on.  PvP is great for acquiring a nice base set of gear, three days of dailies and completed weeklies will be enough to buy your champion weapon, which is pretty great for PvP and PvE.

Compared to some of the grinds in other games I am just not seeing it (oh the relic grind in LOTRO was the worst).  If you never want to see the same content (or only on a limited basis) I think you are up against a genre problem, not something particular to this game.

One other point:  This game is really one of the best I have ever played for small f&F guilds (like mine).  The 4 man/ 8 man requirements mean it is reasonable for us to see all the endgame content.  For the first time I have a core group of friends actually playing regularly, even considering all the shitty implementation, because the devs actually designed something we could all hang out and participate in.  So good on them for that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:06:29 AM by amiable »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: March 12, 2012, 06:41:05 AM

Good for you.

We're having a hard time getting together for a couple hours one night a week, and it's the most available night for the 4 people involved.

Also, doing the heroic 2+ daily showed me how much they shit on the solo dailies. A purple mod + 3 comms vs a single comm? Yeah no.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #189 on: March 12, 2012, 07:42:46 AM

The way we're doing it now, yes, totally.  I had originally thought "nerd night" was so we could see the other class' stories without having to run every class up to cap on our own. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:49 AM

The way we're doing it now, yes, totally.  I had originally thought "nerd night" was so we could see the other class' stories without having to run every class up to cap on our own. 
Yep, that's the opposite of what I had intended, since the class stories are the main thing I'm savoring.

I move to put the concept back into committee for re-evaluation!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: March 12, 2012, 08:15:43 AM

Also, doing the heroic 2+ daily showed me how much they shit on the solo dailies. A purple mod + 3 comms vs a single comm? Yeah no.
Kind of my thoughts.  I went to Ilum to see if I could do any of it to bump my gear up.  The non-heroics were a total slog (with one's trigger "not available at this time" or such).  I went to the 2+ heroic and logged off in despair.

Really all I want is the creds to buy her purple saber crystals.  Fuck it if it's going to be that painful, especially since I wager were I decked out in the good mods, the content would probably be trivial.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:51 AM

Yes. The marauder I was with tanked the 2+ without a problem (I'm a shieldtech)  Ohhhhh, I see.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:08 AM

The heroic 2's are a joke if you have stealth.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:24 AM

The heroic 2's are a joke if you have stealth.

Not on Republic side, since you have to kill the stuff anyway to complete them.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #195 on: March 12, 2012, 11:01:10 AM

Kind of my thoughts.  I went to Ilum to see if I could do any of it to bump my gear up.  The non-heroics were a total slog (with one's trigger "not available at this time" or such).  I went to the 2+ heroic and logged off in despair.

Really all I want is the creds to buy her purple saber crystals.  Fuck it if it's going to be that painful, especially since I wager were I decked out in the good mods, the content would probably be trivial.

They're adding dailies on Corellia in 1.2 that might be easier than Ilum; Belsavis also has easier dailies (albeit with a smaller cash payout per-quest.) How much are the purple ones?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:36 AM

$125k iirc. A couple nights of running dailies I almost have enough for one.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #197 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:22 AM

Looks like the Republic generally loses the "retarded looking tier set" lotto this round, minus the trooper.

ooof. Gonna be a LOT of people paying the creds to rip the mods out of the new stuff.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: March 12, 2012, 11:22:08 AM

$125k iirc. A couple nights of running dailies I almost have enough for one.

Ohhhhh, I see.

If you never did the Voss bonus series, that's a large chunk of cash at 50 and you don't have to do any 'repeat content'.

Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:47 AM

I don't mind that set so much.  It's not very "Starwars" but meh. A lot of the art in this game makes me unhappy. My current sith inquisitor set is horrible. PVP set has feathers for a hat that makes me look like i tried to put a turkey on my head for Halloween and the Columi/Rakata is a pope hat.

With regard to dailies, if you do them all on Ilum and Belsavis you should net around 160k, 4 purple mods which you can sell for 75k easy, and 25 daily coms.  Spend 8 of those for a barrel/hilt and speed up the next days run.  Although I'm pretty well geared it takes 1.5 hours with a buddy. We eat a death on both heroic 4's but doesn't really matter, quest gives you 10k credits and death is 5k repair.  Lights Out H4 we click and die. The other we run to the boss and die behind him. Trash resets and we quick travel out after we are done.

If dailies are too much trouble and you prefer mindless activities, you can run Boarding Party regular at level 50 and just loot the chests. Selling all the drops you get and money for killing the 2-3 groups/bosses will net you around 40-60k credits. I timed myself yesterday and it took 12 minutes start to finish. Reset and go as many times as you like.

Neither of those is overly entertaining but neither are HM's after the 20th time you've run them.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:14 AM

I largely like that new set, minus the Smuggler stuff and the Knight's shoulder antennae. The Consular's sorta-toga combined with that hood is kind of  Ohhhhh, I see.  but I still kind of dig it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: March 12, 2012, 12:01:13 PM

Neither of those is overly entertaining but neither are HM's after the 20th time you've run them.
Apparently I'm not 1337.

As far as the armor goes, subtract a pair of earmuffs, the shoulder fins and the out-of-place sage hood and I think it's quite nice. Although the sage's outfit make her legs look fat, so no woman will wear it. Also bordeline on the robe strips on the knight, I guess.

Not like I need to worry about it, see comment #1.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: March 12, 2012, 12:03:22 PM

Does that knight chestplate have cutouts for his nipples?  ACK!

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #203 on: March 12, 2012, 12:12:00 PM

The Trooper has a school bell on his arm.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: March 12, 2012, 12:14:24 PM

What does the empire armor looks like?

I am the .00000001428%
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #205 on: March 12, 2012, 12:17:21 PM

Ah, sorry. Here they are.

Bad, but still. Bounty Hunter looks good though.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #206 on: March 12, 2012, 12:18:31 PM

Wait, empire has warlocks now?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: March 12, 2012, 12:21:47 PM

I like how it looks like the agent is trying to pretend she doesn't know these people.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #208 on: March 12, 2012, 12:23:25 PM

I like how it looks like the agent is trying to pretend she doesn't know these people.
That kinda fits with the canon if you've ever played an agent in TOR.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #209 on: March 12, 2012, 12:23:59 PM

The JK armor chestpiece should be called "The Situation"

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.2 - Legacy etc.  
Jump to: