Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns?  (Read 19685 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 10:48:00 AM

Yeah, I really feel the rules for this should simply be "Make an elf team and join the league."  Its not like the H&H league where everybody is taking the exact same players on every team and just skilling them differently.  Restricting rerolls is just going to make it less enjoyable overall given all the other balancing factors.

Though I do kind of like lucktons no blocking allowed idea.  Passing and elegant dodging for all!  why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 10:56:56 AM

On reflection, I think I'll play in this one. I really hated the Horns and Hooves, but I've been meaning to try a Dark Elf team, and what better way to do that than against other fruity elves?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 11:26:56 AM

Yeah, this league will be nothing like H&H (though I loved H&H).  One shouldn't decide against joining based upon that experience.  

All beastman Chaos teams essentially just butt heads until someone wins.  All Elf competitions, I imagine, are pretty much the opposite of that...unless you play against Gruntle, apparently.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:30:18 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 12:55:16 PM

Yeah, this league will be nothing like H&H (though I loved H&H)

Fixt.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 01:42:41 PM

Why would anyone get shadowing?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 04:31:20 PM

It tends to fuck over pieces that try to dodge away often (like elves)?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 04:02:15 AM

Also if someone isn't paying attention and clicks for the whole move rather than one square at a time, they suddenly find that they need to make a whole lot of dodges instead of just the one.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 04:34:47 AM

'

Blodge+SideStep+Tackle+Shadowing on a GR/Elf Catcher? You have a pretty insane marker right there which forces multiple roles from the opponent, and really the only way to make an agi team fail is to sack the thrower or force dice-rolls (or simply knock them all out).

I once had a Block + 2MV (8) + Shadowing + Stand Firm Orc Blitzer, he was pretty mean and added a new dimension to the team :)

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:47 AM

'

Blodge+SideStep+Tackle+Shadowing on a GR/Elf Catcher? You have a pretty insane marker right there which forces multiple roles from the opponent, and really the only way to make an agi team fail is to sack the thrower or force dice-rolls (or simply knock them all out).

I once had a Block + 2MV (8) + Shadowing + Stand Firm Orc Blitzer, he was pretty mean and added a new dimension to the team :)

Yeah, but shadowing is only good if the shadower has higher MV than the shadowee.

When you have the same MV shadowing only works 40% of the time. Ok I guess. But best with a MV advantage, so mostly for Wood Elf catchers I would think.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 04:39:45 AM

Ruvaldt made his case to me about allowing teams from this League to be imported in the main one.

I have nothing against it, but admission to the Main League will still follow the usual rules, 1300 TV, no money, NO GAMES outside of the f13 ring. WHat is gonna happen here is that the ElfBowl is becoming part of the f13 ring, so teams playing in it are eligibile for Main League consideration by the usual  Feeder League rules.

Objections?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 04:47:59 AM

All Elf competitions, I imagine, are pretty much the opposite of that...unless you play against Gruntle, apparently.

Or me, should I choose to join (still deciding). Remember, I play my elves like they're Norse.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:37 AM

Highly tempted to join, mostly only if reroll rules aren't mucked with. I mean, what's the point of an elf-only league if not to maximize elf bullshit? Though I'd probably go the kill-the-fey-bastards route myself.

No blocking is a much more interesting prospect, though it means that if you're up in the second half and can pick up the ball, you have a guaranteed victory just by not moving your ball carrier and stalling out the game. Unless they have a wizard, I guess.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 05:13:56 AM

Or it's just a normal league with elves.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 08:21:31 AM

Or me, should I choose to join (still deciding).

One of THE BLUE STEEL's linebackers getting fitted for his uniform:

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

I'll join if I can think of a decent theme. Pondering...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 01:17:11 PM

I might go Dark Elf and play them as if they were Orcs  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 26, 2012, 02:49:29 PM

I get the distinct feeling that is what everybody is planning on doing.

-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 02:54:46 PM

Or me, should I choose to join (still deciding).

One of THE BLUE STEEL's linebackers getting fitted for his uniform:

I'm seriously sad THE BLUE STEEL played a match versus proudft's stupid humans and are thus ineligable.  Heartbreak

I could recycle my Gilbert & Sullivan theme idea into elves but meh. A Rodgers & Hammerstein theme could work, and I would actually be happy when my elves died, because fuck do I hate Rodgers & Hammerstein. Hmmmm.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 03:06:15 PM

Just delete it and recreate it.  That wouldn't take any more than five to ten minutes.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 04:19:15 PM

No way, the SPP on that team was hard earned.  ACK!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 11:16:46 AM

I'll give this a go.

Community pack has a bunch of new hi res textures for elf teams BTW.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:52 AM

Sign me up as well will think of a team name when this is ready to go, will play wood elves since I at least have a little experience with those.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 12:04:06 PM

When does this start or am I too late to join?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #58 on: February 13, 2012, 03:10:36 PM

You are not too late, and it starts shortly after Bleatbowl II has been played.  Which is likely to be done relatively soon.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:22 PM

I actually have to duck out. Too much school for me to take on another league, I'm afraid.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 06:25:22 PM

If you wind up with an odd number I'll join and then whine endlessly about how I suck at elves and I don't know why I even play Blood Bowl.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 07:15:46 PM

That's the spirit!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:07 AM

Decided to start fresh with a Wood Elf team.  Submitted this morning to the Feeder.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 07:53:43 PM

Rules updated.

You have until March 2nd to sign up or pull out.  I'll be creating the league on that day so that folks have all weekend to get their team in.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 03:44:08 PM

Yeah, I kinda failed here and didn't apply with a new elf team for Feeder league but I have a premade Dark elf team if it's too late to submit a new elf team.

Bring on the pansyness!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 04:04:17 PM

I am not in.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:13 AM

Wood Elf Team "I Break Easy" created and ready for submission to the league. If you guys don't manage to decimate, destroy and kill this team I will be VERY disappointed.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #67 on: March 02, 2012, 09:17:32 AM

The Pale Horses, a Dark Elf team, await the league for a signup.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:40 PM

This is for new teams right?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 03:30:34 PM

Yes.  New teams only.  I'll be creating the league within an hour or so and give information on it here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns?  
Jump to: