Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns?  (Read 19700 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 04:13:59 PM

f13 Elfbowl *Season 1* has been created.  There is no password for the league, simply apply and I'll add you.  Only new teams, and the teams must be elven.  Aside from that, build them however you like.

I will announce the divisions once everyone is signed up.  There will be two divisions, and I'll be using the official f13 rankings developed by Falconeer to guide how I assemble the divisions, but I may also pay some attention to the distribution of different elf teams depending upon what everyone picks..  There will be six games in the regular season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 04:29:01 PM

I will be heading the high elf squad, Haute Couture! 

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #72 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:36 AM

Applied with Labor Day but no feed back from Cyanide fail UI.

Let me know if Labor Day High elves app wasn't sent
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #73 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:25 AM

Yeah, apparently there is a UI issue.  If the league doesn't have a password you can't apply from the League Search window, you have to view the league, and from the league page apply with your team.  So....I've added a password.

The password for the league is "elfbowl".  Yeah, it's stupid, I know, but it's the best way to get around that ui bug.

So far we have a high elf team, a dark elf team and a wood elf team.  Looking diverse; hope that keeps up.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:59:46 AM by Ruvaldt »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #74 on: March 03, 2012, 01:08:39 AM

Les Tigres have applied, JUST IN CASE. They are a bold, beautiful high elf team. I went back and forth between high elf and pro elf, but I don't think I have the patience to grow a little pro elf team.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:10:27 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #75 on: March 03, 2012, 01:29:02 AM

No just in case about it, you're team #14.

Thank you for volunteering in case of an odd number of teams.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 02:55:25 AM

I Break Easy have applied - wood elf team.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:18 AM

Dawn Revont applied.  awesome, for real
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 10:16:22 AM

You never signed up in the thread, Bann!!  

Maybe we won't need Sjofn's new Les Tigres as an alternate.   sad

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 03, 2012, 10:57:44 AM

Riiiight, right. We were to busy.... climbing trees and eating bark to reply to the thread. Please accept our grassy apologies.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 05:02:39 PM

You never signed up in the thread, Bann!!  

Maybe we won't need Sjofn's new Les Tigres as an alternate.   sad

See? That's why I said JUST IN CASE. I knew there would probably still be shuffling of numbers. :P Hell, a fifteenth might emerge from somewhere!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #81 on: March 03, 2012, 11:11:34 PM

Considering Bann's team were dwarves, you're still probably in, Sjofn.    awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #82 on: March 03, 2012, 11:32:26 PM

Ha!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 12:00:29 AM

Pony elves II applied. Lets hope they go better than the last Pony Elf team did!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 08:44:43 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Just to be clear, not looking to play in the elf league, just wanted to give ruvaldt a chuckle.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 08:53:21 AM

You definitely succeeded there, pal.  They were very briefly in the league.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 11:45:20 AM

In with High Elves.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #87 on: March 04, 2012, 02:11:34 PM

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 02:07:37 PM

Still not able to high elf it up  Heartbreak

I'm not getting a password dialogue...
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #89 on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:13 PM

Are you trying to sign up directly through the League Finder?  If so, instead, use the League Finder to search for the league, select it, and then press "View League" at the bottom right-hand side of the screen, and from the actual league page try to sign up your team from the bottom of the page there.  I've noticed that signing up for leagues that way tends to be a little less error prone.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #90 on: March 05, 2012, 02:16:03 PM

Also, Scadente, Ginaz and Teleku need to bring their teams in.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 02:59:51 PM

The work around for me was to search for the league, then bring it up details of the league in the main window.  Once there, I just hit the team drop at the bottom-center and clicked in my Wood Elfs.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #92 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:53 AM

Hey, sorry, been distracted from anything BB related lately.  I'll try to get a team together and in tonight.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #93 on: March 08, 2012, 12:01:25 AM

Applied with Chris Dane Owens Fan Club.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:17 AM

The work around for me was to search for the league, then bring it up details of the league in the main window.  Once there, I just hit the team drop at the bottom-center and clicked in my Wood Elfs.

This worked for me btw
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #95 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:04 PM

PMs and emails have been sent to the remaining two coaches.  If I don't get a team from them by Monday, 3/12/2012 we'll be starting the tournament without them.  We have 12 teams right now, which is more than enough, but having the last two to make 14 would be even better. 

Also, I'm a little surprised by the team choices.  I really thought that more people would choose dark elves, but high elves have been the most popular choice so far (2 Wood Elf, 2 Pro Elf, 3 Dark Elf, 5 High Elf).  I'm glad there will be enough variety to make things interesting.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: March 09, 2012, 01:55:48 AM

Seems diverse enough.  Everyone's probably still reeling from the brutality of H&H and considered the slightly higher armor of the High to save them  awesome, for real.

Looking forward to this.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #97 on: March 09, 2012, 05:19:20 AM

For me it was because High Elves were the only flavour of Elf I'd not played much before.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #98 on: March 09, 2012, 02:13:12 PM

Same - I already have a DE team I am considering migrating to the main league.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #99 on: March 09, 2012, 03:58:49 PM

PMs and emails have been sent to the remaining two coaches.  If I don't get a team from them by Monday, 3/12/2012 we'll be starting the tournament without them.  We have 12 teams right now, which is more than enough, but having the last two to make 14 would be even better.  

Also, I'm a little surprised by the team choices.  I really thought that more people would choose dark elves, but high elves have been the most popular choice so far (2 Wood Elf, 2 Pro Elf, 3 Dark Elf, 5 High Elf).  I'm glad there will be enough variety to make things interesting.

If you still need a team by Monday, I'll sign up to fill in a slot.

* So are we still down a team or two?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:19:54 AM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:25 AM

I'm only playing in case of an odd number of teams, so if you submitted one I think that means I get the season off (which is fine by me, I suck at elves).

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:46 AM

What Sjofn said.  Sorry I didn't reply sooner; I'm in Mexico City at the moment.

Go ahead and submit a team, Megrim.  As soon as you do I'll draw up the divisions and get this thing started.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 11:53:31 PM

Everyone has signed up and the divisions have been made.  Behold, the division-fu, which has placed exactly the same amount of each team type in both divisions while also bearing parity in mind.

Keebler Division:
Gruntle -  Elf Hatred - Dark Elf
Haemish - The Pale Horses - Dark Elf
Llyse - Labor Day - High Elf
Ruvaldt - Haute Couture - High Elf
Ulysees - I Break Easy - Wood Elf
Eldaec - Guild of Fools - Pro Elf

North Pole Division:
Teleku - Chris Dane Owens Fan Club - Dark Elf
Megrim - Spiderland Reavers - Dark Elf
Strazos - Here Be DWAGONS - High Elf
IainC - Considerably Elfier - High Elf
Luckton - Morningwood Packers - Wood Elf
Comstar - Ponyelves II - Pro Elf

I'll start a fresh thread to begin the high-scoring hillarity and announce the schedule tomorrow.  In that thread will also be an elaboration of how the tournament will proceed.  Short version: there will be five regular season games followed by a post season in which I hope to include everyone in some way and reward play that emphasizes scoring lots and lots of TDs.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:55:36 PM by Ruvaldt »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 13, 2012, 04:06:38 AM

I'm so investing in a Treeman, just on the off chance that I could pound some elfs into submission  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl: Are You Ready for Some Touchdowns?  
Jump to: