Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  (Read 431420 times)
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: November 27, 2012, 06:23:18 AM

Just a note -- the Season 7 chick with the glowing phaser? Everytime she comes up on the launch screen, I think of Harry Potter. It's like they ripped her straight off a movie poster and just photoshopped in a phaser over the wand.

I'm waiting for her to shout "Expelliearmas!" or whatever.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about that picture because of the gratuitous T&A, but I love gratuitous T&A, so I have no issue there.  It's really just an awful picture in general.  Is she falling or running?  Why is her hair blowing in the same direction as her movement?  Why is she not looking where she is firing?  What is with that stoned/ditzy look on her face?  Why does she look more like a space elf than a Vulcan?

Sir T, I got the temporal destroyer for my Klingon engineer, and I love it, mainly for its looks.  It's a solid ship too, but really, it is gorgeous.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: November 27, 2012, 09:28:42 AM

Cool. I'll start gathering my ECs for one. My tac has a Kar'fi and my Engineer has a Bortasque, so it would be good to get a Mobius for the Sci. Though I have to admit that Fekri fighters coming out of a Recluse carrier looks freaking awsome.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55:59 PM

My Federation engineer is merely confused at all those rare ships, since I just fly a stock science vessel.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: December 08, 2012, 09:11:28 PM

This game runs...weirdly. Sometimes it seems fine for days, then I run smack into constant server disconnects and "no response from server" issues for ages.

it's annoying.

Also, apparently I was totally cheating on a race. *eyeroll*. I followed everyone ELSE the first few times I ran it. It's hardly my fault that you can jump there and bypass a chunk of the course. Heck, i didn't realize that wasn't the right way to run it until I got some nasty grams.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:40 PM

Yep, Q einter wonderland has a race section where the Devs ran an event and he said 5 times "do it right, lets see who can win honestly, and everyone bar 3 people jumped over a cliff to skip a large section of the course, right in front of him. :D

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:35 PM

Yep, Q einter wonderland has a race section where the Devs ran an event and he said 5 times "do it right, lets see who can win honestly, and everyone bar 3 people jumped over a cliff to skip a large section of the course, right in front of him. :D
In all fairness, I suspect at least some of them thought that was the way the race was supposed to be run!

Everyone else jumps there, you can survive that jump, and it's not terribly clear that the raceway continues off to the side. It wasn't until my second run through that I noticed the track off to the side, and if I hadn't gotten nasty IM's and looked it up, I'd still not know it was 'cheating'.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: December 09, 2012, 10:41:26 AM

Are you guys talking about getting the ships off of the lobi merchants? How are you doing that without opening lockboxes? Is there another way to earn Lobi?

As for the race, I ran it naturally myself then saw people jumping the cliff and started doing it too. It makes me LOL when people whine about cheaters. The maximum reward from this race is some stuff to turn in for a non-combat pet but these people act like you're pissing on a vintage Captain Kirk uniform or something.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: December 10, 2012, 06:49:25 AM

Are you guys talking about getting the ships off of the lobi merchants? How are you doing that without opening lockboxes? Is there another way to earn Lobi?

Both the lockbox reward ships and the lobi ships are tradeable.  You can buy them off of the exchange.  There are some good equipment sets that you buy with lobi that are no-trade, but pretty much everything else is buy-able with ec.

I will admit to benefiting from the track shortcut.  What I like about it is that most people are still thinking, "hey this shortcut will let me win the race lol!" and not actually learning HOW to race the track.  I'm getting first place every time.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: December 10, 2012, 01:11:35 PM

The The temporal science vessel are avalible on the exchange under reward packs. As are the winter coats if you have a mind to not spend your time sitting at a snowball pile pressing F. And I have to say my characters look DAMN good.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:02 PM

Some of us are broke. :) I only have like 900k. And about 25k dilithium. been upgrading with fleet stuff lately.

Better phasers and the like.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: December 10, 2012, 06:57:27 PM

Also, unless someone objects, I'm gonna make a Bat Quadrant Emblem and uniform. :)

Anyone care what the color scheme is?
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: December 11, 2012, 06:14:18 AM

Go for it.  I tried looking for something that had a vaguely bat-shaped image or maybe a dude with sunglasses and/or smoking something and found nothing.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: December 11, 2012, 06:21:15 AM

The The temporal science vessel are avalible on the exchange under reward packs. As are the winter coats if you have a mind to not spend your time sitting at a snowball pile pressing F. And I have to say my characters look DAMN good.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm sure they are but I don't have millions of credits. I think I have 500k or so. As for the coats, those are so easy to get naturally it's ridiculous. Do enough snowman fights to earn one of the snowball guns. Then you'll be able to get coats and scarves in probably 2-3 hours. Everyone switches instances constantly during the snowmen fight and you can get 4 or so in if you're lucky. My main has both coat models in black and the scarf I wanted. My first alt now has the long coat and I'm working on the short coat.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: December 11, 2012, 07:35:53 PM

Also, unless someone objects, I'm gonna make a Bat Quadrant Emblem and uniform. :)

If you could get a cloak as a fed it would be perfect :(

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:00 PM

Mother-goddamn-fucker.

I finish up an Omega project (for the mark x engine). I claim it, and my project IMMEDIATELY snaps back to the empty version of the Mark X assimilated engine. It's taking up a damn project slot. i file both a bug AND a trouble ticket, and I've been told (via the ticket) "Yeah, that seems to be a bug. You should file a bug report on that. Can't help you there".

I don't want to do the damn thing again (it's 450 Omega marks), I've already got the fucking engine!

edited to add: Screwing around with the Emblems, I managed a Greek Q ontop of funky-cross shaped axes that look a bit like wings. Color scheme was fairly arbitrary. Then I got bored and wanted to play with uniforms, but I have to apparently make and save one, then load it. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:48:57 PM by Morat20 »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: December 13, 2012, 07:10:17 AM

I believe last time we needed a uniform was CoX. It was black with green detail.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: December 17, 2012, 06:39:21 AM

Well done with the patch and uniform, by the way.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #367 on: December 17, 2012, 11:29:17 AM

So, how can I find all of you in-game?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: December 17, 2012, 04:52:37 PM

Well done with the patch and uniform, by the way.
Thanks.  It was fairly fun to play with. I could only wish you could use unlocked uniform parts, but I think I read some of the later starbase/embassy unlocks open up a few different uniform bits.

Anyone seen stats on that winter Breen Starship?

Strazos: I'm jayna@morat1. (Or Janya -- but I think it's the first).

I've started futzing with my Klingon Alt. K'Lang's a hoot.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: December 17, 2012, 05:39:56 PM

Anyone seen stats on that winter Breen Starship?

Available here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=777921

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:12 PM

Hmm. interesting. I've got a ton of lockboxes I need to sell. I seem to be getting Cardassian and Ferengi ones again. Is the Temporal thing over?
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: December 18, 2012, 05:52:54 AM

Not over, they're just doing a rerun event over the holidays, having all the previous boxes drop as well as the temporal one.

I've got a ton of lockboxes I need to selldelete from my inventory because unopened boxes aren't worth anything.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:30 AM

I need to get back into this again.

What are the current big-ticket starbase donations needed?

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:35 AM

Dilithium, fleet marks, duty officers , in that order.  I'm currently only really trying to develop the embassy at the moment.  The starbase is about as far as it can go with a fleet our size.  Over the long term, we could probably get it to tier 3, but that's loooong term.  As it stands I will keep posting provisioning assignments to keep the stores stocked and the occasional xp assignment to thin out any doff surplus I accumulate.  I've promoted all the f13'ers to senior officers, so anybody who is interested in a particular assignment can queue it up if they desire.  The embassy I can get to tier 1, and long term I think we can get to tier 2, but that's about as far as I think I can go.  The dilithium cost for the tier 1 embassy - and that's just the project once you have the xp, not inculding the projects you have to do to get there - is somewhere around 350k dilithium.  I'm afraid of what the tier 2 stuff is going to cost.

Now, the only reason dilithium is such a problem is that I pretty much funnel all I make into the special projects that pop up every two weeks.  Now that the embassy has its own special projects as well, that means a new special project every week, 200k a pop.  They stopped adding new ones over the Christmas holiday, but it starts back up on the 17th, so I'm saving as much as I can while also trying to move the embassy forward.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: December 18, 2012, 01:50:13 PM

I'm trying to save up dilithium, but I'm also still tooling up my ship. The new fleet mark 12 phasers are nice. :)

They're also 10k dilithium a pop, so I only have 2. I also had to 'waste' 14k dilithium on my second stupid assimilated mark x engine, because of a flipping bug.

I have been trying to donate marks, doffs and the like when I have them. :)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:35 PM

I am getting irritated. I cannot seem to find part 9 of "Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar" (Inflitrate Deep-Space Ketrecal White Facility). It just never shows!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:14 AM

According to the sto wiki it can only pop up in the Rotor Nebula or the Zena expanse. Try there.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Infiltrate_Deep_Space_Ketracel-White_Production_Facility

Hic sunt dracones.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: December 19, 2012, 06:44:53 AM

I'm trying to save up dilithium, but I'm also still tooling up my ship. The new fleet mark 12 phasers are nice. :)

They're also 10k dilithium a pop, so I only have 2. I also had to 'waste' 14k dilithium on my second stupid assimilated mark x engine, because of a flipping bug.

I have been trying to donate marks, doffs and the like when I have them. :)

You know what's sad?  That's two more mark 12 phasers than I have.  One of these days I'll actually buy this stuff!  I'm actually looking more forward to the upgraded kits that you can buy when the recruitment at the embassy is upgraded.  I want that Phaser Turret IV.  I also just got to tier 4 rep with the Romulans, so I'm planning to get a bunch of those mk 12 Romulan plasma cannons for my D'kora.

My last couple of posts may have sounded like a donation drive.  Don't take it that way.  I know you have pretty much started from scratch as f2p just a couple of months ago, right?  Everything you earn has to go towards your characters' development.  I get that.  I've played since beta and have nine alts, half of them exist solely for resource generating purposes.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:15 AM

Yeah, I feel your pain. I have 3 kling alts and I'm using them all to build up my fleets kling base pretty much solo. I have finally gotten it to level 2 and frankly that about all I can do. I#m turning to beefing up the embassies now because some of those consoles you can get from there are great. But yeah, that's where most of my Dil has gone and I have a grand total of zero fleet equipment on my ships. Madness.

One of these days I'll turn around and splash out and say sod this to them, but hey.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: December 19, 2012, 09:39:22 AM

I figured out early on that I wouldn't be able to develop a Fed AND a Klingon starbase and maintain my sanity, so my Klingon characters just joined some random large fleet that invited me.  They have a decent tier 3 starbase, and I've contributed enough to it to have full purchasing rights.. and I still haven't bought anything.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: December 19, 2012, 02:51:32 PM

I figured out early on that I wouldn't be able to develop a Fed AND a Klingon starbase and maintain my sanity, so my Klingon characters just joined some random large fleet that invited me.  They have a decent tier 3 starbase, and I've contributed enough to it to have full purchasing rights.. and I still haven't bought anything.

What does the bolded part refer to? Do you have to contribute X to a starbase to be able to use the vendors? Or do you just mean you feel bad buying from it if you haven't contributed?

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:47 AM

The specifics vary from fleet to fleet, but you generally have to be promoted to a certain rank within the fleet before you have permission to buy from fleet stores.  Nobody wants some newb who just joined and hasn't contributed anything to clean out the stock.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: December 20, 2012, 08:29:23 AM

Ok. I'm pissed.

I've just spent like the last week or more grinding out a Bartender for the starbase. My thinking was - Bartenders generally give the best prices when you sell stuff to them, if I have a Bartender at the bas I can just load up on worthless loot and then transwarp to the base and offload them and then pop back and get back to missioning. Its a lot better than bouncing to first city all the time then travelling back.

So I finally get all the crap sorted and wait 20 hours for the Bartender to be ready. Then I happilly skip to the bartender....

Only to find he gives the same prices as just discarding the loot. AAAARGH!!

80000 dilithium down the drain :(

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #383 on: December 20, 2012, 08:51:28 AM

So what's the point of all the hassle for a bartender according to them?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: December 20, 2012, 09:18:51 AM

It gives some doff missions and sells drinks. Much like the one that's sitting in your ships lounge that you can access for nothing.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Star Trek Online : A New and Unbroken Thread!  
Jump to: