Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  (Read 43355 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #140 on: February 22, 2012, 03:14:59 PM

Definitely hit some heroics, not too worried about planet quests with the nerd group. Shoulda named my knight Pharrel. What level is the next FP, we can always give it a shot (and hopefully I remember to grab the daily)

I've done nothing since we last fully grouped excepting the class quest to the end of Coruscant. I really need to catch up on crafting, even.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #141 on: February 22, 2012, 03:17:04 PM

Hammer Station opens up at 13 or so I think, then Athiss at 17? I'm not sure which ones you've done so far.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #142 on: February 22, 2012, 05:46:28 PM

Eventually I will remember that Tuesday is patch day, therefore I should not wait to the last second to log in to nerd night on Wednesday...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #143 on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:50 PM

We should holocron hunt more often!  why so serious?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 06:00:00 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Apparently Slack's ping is so bad, the game fails to recognize that he is trying to move forward and jump at the same time. So he just does this sort of... stutter, hop, aaaaaahh splat! thing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:57 AM

Is it his ping or the toaster he's playing the game on?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:34 AM

That might have been the funniest thing I've seen in a game. I could not stop laughing. I wish I had a way to record a video of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQbPgouUYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPB84Plv8tc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ5Z1jXms7A

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #147 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:20 AM

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #148 on: February 29, 2012, 05:19:39 PM

I'm out this week. Have been in to work at 6am and home at 7pm all week and need to continue tomorrow. I'm beat and goin' to bed.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #149 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:36 AM

So are we planning to try for this week, or does everyone think they will be too enwrapped in to ME3?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:11 AM

Still on the fence, might get ME3 on xmas sale. Happy with TOR as my gaming fix, and hopefully Trippy will update the minecraft server soon.

Blowing $225 on Maiden tickets and setting aside money for gas, motel and merch HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #151 on: March 05, 2012, 08:44:45 AM

I won't be getting ME3 for at least another week or two. I'm game for Wednesday.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #152 on: March 05, 2012, 08:47:18 AM

Will probably need a break from ME by that time anyways, so I should be there. Figured the way spoilers are flying around, getting it now was my only chance to enjoy it spoiler free.

Plus my Maiden ticket was only $59.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #153 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24:30 AM

So......are we all in tonight?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:35 AM

The concept is in committee for re-evaluation. Would the time be better spent just doing FPs with whatever characters need them?

Since I don't want to share class quests and we are skipping over most planet stuff, heroics are easy to find groups for...seems like the main need for grouping is FPs.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #155 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:54 AM

While I enjoyed doing it, trying to guarantee I'll always be available is tough. Perhaps a more wideopen, Wednesday night is flashpoint night theme, where everyone looking to do FPs just tries hooking up Wed. nights.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #156 on: March 14, 2012, 02:58:07 PM

Seems the better idea. I'm out either way as I'm letting my sub lapse.  I'm just not having fun with it, which depresses me because I really enjoy the game over-all... I just feel weak as shit vs. mobs and that's an instant turn-off.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:34 PM

. I just feel weak as shit vs. mobs and that's an instant turn-off.
MMO in general has an issue with that. The more you play, the tougher mobs get...seems rather backwards imo.

I'm doing an Ilum solo quest where I just died three times in a row in a solo instance to the same encounter. I mean, I enjoy leveling alts and I know the end game isn't my thing, but that's ridiculous. Stuff like that is WHY I enjoy playing alts through the leveling game. I haven't even finished the Ilum planet quest lines, this isn't  a daily...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #158 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:06 AM

Might explain why I'd enjoyed WoW for so long.  Your power vs. mob power in the greater world is always about even, unless you fell way behind in gearing by skipping areas.   

I expected difficulty in raids and dungeons, (and tbh the Flashpoint mobs seem too squishy) but out in the world?  I should feel like the hero I supposedly am there.  If I'm well-geared for a level I should be ripping through them like butter, even as a tank.  That doesn't happen in TOR, but does in WoW and LoTR.

/sadface

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:38 AM

And unfortunately well-geared at 50 is a giant grind. I'm still waiting on that fix for RE to even try making the level 49 purple crafted set. Which would be useless if I played 'as intended' and used oranges.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:12:05 AM by Sky »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 15, 2012, 07:32:22 AM

And unfortunately well-geared at 50 is a giant grind. I'm still waiting on that fix for RE to even try making the level 49 purple crafted set. Which would be useless if I played 'as intended' and used oranges.

With the changes to pvp, you can gear up in centurian purples quite quickly. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:50 AM

Our definitions vary. Also, I'm not sure a poorly-geared lvl 50 participating in pvp is something I'd file under 'fun'. Especially when it's something I'm doing just so I can have gear to lessen the slogfest of doing dailies just to fund my alts.

When I just want to twink the alts. It's a lot of work to do before I can play the way I'd prefer to. I've done the same in some other games so I expect some 'work'. But the insane pricing on things in TOR, I've never been so broke for so long in an mmo. Four nights of playing my newly under-powered BH to buy one recipe, and now three months into the game I'm flat broke across all my characters. Let alone all the million credit things I just laugh at because I'll never be able to afford them. By the time I can, there will be 10 million dollar things.

It's almost as if mmo are created for people to sink tons of their time into, which I reserve for non-gaming things. Ah, well. I knew going in that being an mmo would be my biggest problem with the game. Not the multiplayer aspect, I've grouped more in TOR than every previous mmo combined. But the stock activities that pass for standard mmo fare; dailies, geared pvp, etc. It's the turd on top of the glorious chocolate cake that is pre-endgame TOR.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:51 AM

I'm doing an Ilum solo quest where I just died three times in a row in a solo instance to the same encounter. I mean, I enjoy leveling alts and I know the end game isn't my thing, but that's ridiculous. Stuff like that is WHY I enjoy playing alts through the leveling game. I haven't even finished the Ilum planet quest lines, this isn't  a daily...
I don't know why devs think this is good design.  The occasional heroic fight?  Fine, we need a challenge.  As you go up in level though, you should be fighting hordes of trash.  Stuff which makes you feel heroic to wade through.

I don't know why one side doesn't just let the other have Ilum and send their stationed troops to dominate the rest of the galaxy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 15, 2012, 09:42:17 AM

It's almost as if mmo are created for people to sink tons of their time into, which I reserve for non-gaming things.

It's exactly this.  More time = longer subscription = more $$$

MMO's are a primary hobby for me.  I sink more time into them than I do about anything other than travel/hiking.  I imagine most mmo enthusiasts treat the game as a primary hobby as well.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 15, 2012, 10:57:09 AM

I'm having a hard time understanding your issues Sky simply because SWTOR is the exact opposite for me - I've never been this rich in an MMO. I usually struggle to be able to pay for things, not having that trouble at all in this one.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 15, 2012, 11:18:24 AM

I don't play nearly as much, nor with a dedicated duo partner.

I'm just venting about stuff, don't mind me. I'll take a few purple crystals and limited edition speeders if you're burdened with too much money, though!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 15, 2012, 04:18:10 PM

Fordel is the one who is truly made of money if you need Space Welfare.  awesome, for real

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 15, 2012, 04:29:39 PM

ME3 tanked my implant sales, I can only afford 3 space yachts now.

I am the space 1%.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 15, 2012, 06:51:37 PM

ME3 tanked my implant sales, I can only afford 3 space yachts now.

I am the space 1%.

I bet you are really the space 20%....

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:24 AM

I went to play my Sage on another server (slots full and whatnot), some newb asks in Rep Fleet General about what the best crew skill is for him. A couple people say the usual (synth or artifice or bio or cyber) and some dude chimes in about not listening to anyone and there were a lot of asterisks - *all* crew skills are good for *everyone*. I break off of discussing biochem to say that a JK (the newb asking the original question) wouldn't do very well with armormech.

Dude says "Yeah...except for all the *armor* they wear *facepalm*.
Me: "Synth makes armor for force weavers"
Dude: "Yeah..if you want a specific *light* armor"
and before I can respond
Dude: "And cyber can't make strength mods"
several people correct him at this point
Me: "You've yet to say anything correct"

He then rails on about how I'm trying to force people into picking crew skills for certain classes (me, by name) and how he's going to label anyone with a narrow world view and tyrannical viewpoints "Haruspex Syndrome" and how much better the world is with me on ignore. Because I was lowering the place into Barrens chat. Someone makes a Norris reference at that and dude replies with a volley of Norris jokes. Then starts insulting the few people trying to help the newb with crew skill questions.

Whole thing went on for about 15 minutes, I was laughing the entire time. Somehow our server isn't all that bad. Maybe it's just been timing or whatever, but I've never seen that level of stupid on our server and folks are generally helpful when people ask stuff in general.

Then I went and spammed SLAP for a bit and logged off to play more guitar.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: March 16, 2012, 08:02:13 AM

Try the fleet on a pvp server. The amount of  swamp poop is astounding.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #171 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:25 AM

It's because as awful as Shien might seem at times that RP in front of it truly does filter out the biggest fuckwads.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  
Jump to: