Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  (Read 43947 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #70 on: January 27, 2012, 06:05:47 AM

Yea, that was quite a bit easier than I remember the first Imperial FP being. At this level, no ones class has really come in to it's own yet. My ability to hold agro was laughable at best once you dps machines started in.

Eventually we may have to actualy discuss tactics beyond the "blow shit up" approach we used on this one.  awesome, for real

I have to ask, was everyone really hitting space every time on the second run through, or does the game just take that long to jump between dialog in a group, even when you all skip?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 27, 2012, 06:50:07 AM

Even if you spacebar as fast as possible it still takes a little bit of time.  Especially the last "Waiting for party members," which happens AFTER the NPC and everyone's done talking, and the system is just waiting to release your control back to you, that always takes a few seconds, from what I've observed.  I think they're dumping the high-rez-texture scene and loading the regular lower-rez (but with more NPCs) environment that you're going to be fighting in, and it's hiding this loading time with an artificial wait period.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #72 on: January 27, 2012, 06:56:09 AM

I hit the space bar every time until the light-side scene won at the end, which we hadn't seen before. 

Could it be that some of the length was because of the quality of someone else's connection or computer? I know I got in a waiting queue quite fast a few times and had zoned or started the convo after everyone else.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #73 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:49 PM

I've watched our PCs side by side on some of those things and it definitely appears to be affected by how fast a particular computer is, etc. So whichever one of you is playing on a toaster is probably to blame.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #74 on: January 27, 2012, 01:14:46 PM

Dammit, Slack!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 01:19:57 PM

It's not a toaster, but it does bear a striking resemblance to a Telefunken U47

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 01:21:25 PM

You play SWTOR on a vibrator?  shocked

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 01:29:37 PM

Slack updated his facebook gallery with a pic of him carrying his pc to a LAN party.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 01:32:53 PM

You play SWTOR on a vibrator?  shocked
[redacted for TMI]

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:57 PM

Slack updated his facebook gallery with a pic of him carrying his pc to a LAN party.

It's cooled with mountain-brewed goodness!

EDIT -- Not that Keystone is actually good. And mountain-brewed is probably part of some Coors trademark.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #80 on: January 29, 2012, 07:11:27 AM

So for this week, think it's possible for us to faceroll our way through everyone's class storyline and get all 4 group members into ships before the end of the night? Keith Stone needs to get his Camaro back. I assure you that it is a bitchin' camaro.

ETA -- I haven't done any of the Courscant content, but we could probably get to the next set of planets without being underlevelled by simply doing everyone's class chains and whatever HEROIC quests we decide to do.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:13:41 AM by CmdrSlack »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: January 29, 2012, 07:46:16 AM

Facerolling through at least the class quests sounds like a good idea.  It won't get us there on the later levels but for right now it should do us a good bit of the content.  It sounds like an even better idea after all the "omg so much running" complaints I've seen about Cosuscant.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 29, 2012, 08:40:07 AM

Evil Miyagi agrees with this line of thought.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #83 on: January 29, 2012, 12:01:36 PM

Facerolling through at least the class quests sounds like a good idea.  It won't get us there on the later levels but for right now it should do us a good bit of the content.  It sounds like an even better idea after all the "omg so much running" complaints I've seen about Cosuscant.

I personally find Drommund Kaas more annoying running-wise, but that's just my opinion.

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #84 on: January 29, 2012, 01:25:19 PM

I haven't done CS yet so I can't compare but I didn't find DK all that bad... *other* than the goddamn broken flight points.  Mob

Corellia, on the other hand, is sucking the will to play out of me.   I can't run around for more than 1/2 hour or so before I get sick of it and play another character.  I don't think my BH is ever going to cap.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #85 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:03 PM

I just feel the quest flow is better. "Get class quest to go to hub, do hub's quests, go back to main base, repeat four times" is just less finicky than "get class quest to go to hub, get feeder quest taking you to a spot that will eventually send you to class quest spot, but you'd have no idea that will happen unless you've done it before" type shit.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:36 PM

I haven't done CS yet so I can't compare but I didn't find DK all that bad... *other* than the goddamn broken flight points.  Mob

Corellia, on the other hand, is sucking the will to play out of me.   I can't run around for more than 1/2 hour or so before I get sick of it and play another character.  I don't think my BH is ever going to cap.

My BH is getting very stale on Voss.  I have to heal after almost every fight and it's becoming a grind. 
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 06:01:12 PM

Sonofa....left work a bit late, and am now patching.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:28 AM

As well as the absurd running I also hate voss for the wall to wall silver mobs which pose no offensive threat but take an age to kill.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 09:58:56 AM

I hate everything about Voss. The density, the quests, and the ridiculous storyline. The Republic should just firebomb that planet.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #90 on: February 02, 2012, 11:01:10 AM

I liked both Voss and Corellia. It is the B planets I don't particularly care for (Balmorra, Belsavis.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: February 02, 2012, 11:26:36 AM

Seconded, especially freakin Belsavis. I also didn't really get wtf the deal was with Qesh, but at least it was over quick.

Voss was pretty cool imo... Corellia was ok (I didn't like how you had to fight your way through those tunnels since the robots would dismount you otherwise... was a pain getting around sometimes).

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 02, 2012, 11:41:23 AM

I think Taris is my favorite planet.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #93 on: February 02, 2012, 11:48:06 AM

I think Taris is my favorite planet.

Yep... You are a fucking weirdo.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 02, 2012, 12:03:38 PM

You're all nuts.  Empire was the best movie and Hoth is the best planet.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:29 PM

You're all nuts.  Empire was the best movie and Hoth is the best planet.

This statement has a lot of truth in it.

I'd like to join in on Nerd Night - what level do I need to be by next Wednesday?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #96 on: February 02, 2012, 12:17:13 PM

Hoth has Ortolans. Therefore it wins.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #97 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:10 PM

I must be the only person that dislikes those little fucks.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: February 02, 2012, 01:19:19 PM

I must be the only person that dislikes those little fucks.

You are a bad person who is mean.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:16 PM

I'd like to join in on Nerd Night - what level do I need to be by next Wednesday?
We have a set group (first post) of Me, Slack, Merusk and Bunk. I just went by order of responses.

There is interest in setting up an Imperial version, but nobody has stepped forward to run it; I'm not going to invest more than one evening a week in the project.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: February 02, 2012, 02:41:18 PM

I hate everything about Voss. The density, the quests, and the ridiculous storyline. The Republic should just firebomb that planet.

Voss' storyline is fun, you're weird. The running around + mob density isn't great, though. But the story? Mm, fever dream. Much better than stupid fucking Belsavis.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 02, 2012, 10:11:41 PM

Just wait till your manquisitor arrives, gets killed by the quadruple elite class quest, is told no med probe for you, and has to run for ten minutes avoiding endless silvers to retry, only to be gone long enough that your instance respawned.

Death to all Voss.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 02, 2012, 10:18:39 PM

Yeah....yeah, that sucked. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #103 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:12 AM

Voss' storyline is fun, you're weird. The running around + mob density isn't great, though. But the story? Mm, fever dream. Much better than stupid fucking Belsavis.

Belsavis is a giant prison. That storyline at least made some sense. Also, Voss may make more sense on Empire, but the storyline on Republic was really really stupid.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 03, 2012, 08:46:20 AM

Belsavis was one giant chain of "ok, so we did really fucking stupid thing X*, fix it for us or we're all going to die, kthx", culminating in one of the biggest wtf moments I've seen while levelling.

* without getting too spoily, it basically goes through the 101 Things You Should Not Do As An Evil Overlord list. It starts off with "ok so we left the rifles that can breach our HQ's shields in a random shed outside", and ramps up, ends with (Belsavis end spoilers)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:52:58 AM by Zetor »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  
Jump to: