Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  (Read 43830 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #105 on: February 03, 2012, 08:54:28 AM

Makes more sense to me than caring about whether the Voss join up. It's a POS planet in Hutt space. The mystics can beat each other off in their dreams for all the sense it makes. They serve no strategic importance.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 03, 2012, 08:59:28 AM

Empire Belsavis is all "the Republic are idiots, they did this stupid thing now go stir it up some more and free our dudes".

Empire Voss is retarded. No major spoilers...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #107 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:05 AM

As Empire, my main gripe about Voss was

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #108 on: February 03, 2012, 10:13:00 AM

Yeah, totally of the same mindset, Sky.  The way things played-out I suspect they were going to include that but simply ran out of time.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:56 PM

Voss cracked me up on my Inquisitor. 

Voss/Inq story spoilers: 

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #110 on: February 03, 2012, 03:23:48 PM

Yeah, Belsavis as Republic is fucking retarded. Voss as Republic is fine story-wise (especially if you're a jedi consular  why so serious?). Yes, it is bizarre and weird and wtf, but that's why I like it. Belsavis is just "what the fuck were you fucking morons thinking" over and over and over.

And the mystics do serve strategic importance, their force users are really fucking good at it, which they tell you a couple of times. If nothing else, you're trying to make absolute certain the Sith don't get their nasty hands all over them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:27:37 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #111 on: February 03, 2012, 07:56:00 PM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #112 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:57 AM

Today is my daughter's birthday. The earliest I'd possibly be able to log on is likely 9pm CST/10pm EST. I finished my class crap on Coruscant over the last week, so let me know where you guys end up if you go ahead without me.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #113 on: February 08, 2012, 09:30:34 AM

I wasn't able to finish up my class quest.  I'm 14 and the bad guy I have to whomp is a L16 Sith Marauder who eats-up my lizard man in like 3 hits and does more DPS than I can do HPS at this level.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #114 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:59 AM

Voss Republic side kinda confuses me.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #115 on: February 08, 2012, 09:50:32 AM

Also, have you guys done any of the raids?

I'd say go and hit normal mode Eternity Vault because I guarantee it's easier than the hardmode 4-mans.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #116 on: February 08, 2012, 10:58:16 AM

The normal mode 4 mans are mind-numbingly easy, I think we were going to try a hardmode one tonight. I'm not sure if we have 8 50s yet for a raid.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #117 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:37 AM

If you can get enough people in at least 49-50 gear you should be good. EV is a pushover on normal and would be moreso if they fixed all of the various bugs. Soa is arguably the hardest fight there and the last bit is only challenging because they didn't include a ground reticle to let you know where to kite him without looking up. Well, he also has semi-tight DPS requirements for the last phase since you have very short windows where you can actually hurt him.

Eliminator, Gharj (if your tank can remember like 5% of how to position mobs from WoW), Pylons, and Council are free loot.

Edit: Also, loot works in a weirder way than I recall it being described in raids.

Basically, there's 3 lootpiles:

-Commissions/Crystals. Everyone gets these. Basically the badge system.
-Individual loot. Everyone has the potential (yes, you can likely get nothing from a boss fight outside of commissions/crystals) to get a piece of loot that's just theirs. Specific slot tier tokens or a small selection of individual items from the loot pool for that tier of difficulty (normal loot pool for example is whatever you can buy with Tionise Commissions/Crystals, Hard is Columi, Nightmare is Rakata) for each boss. Gharj I think can potentially get you an offhand token or a belt/relic.
-Global loot. Basically you get a pile of the equivalent of WoW's Chaos/Frozen Orbs and crafting recipes that EVERYONE gets to roll on. Considering that there is no /roll function, enjoy the need/greed arguments.

I've ran EV twice and I've gotten 5-6 pieces of loot out of it to no one's detriment. It's really nice, but depending on luck you could literally fill up on epics in 1 run of EV and the Hutt raid. Hope they can crank out content!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:44:47 AM by Fabricated »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 08, 2012, 11:42:41 AM

Today is my daughter's birthday. The earliest I'd possibly be able to log on is likely 9pm CST/10pm EST. I finished my class crap on Coruscant over the last week, so let me know where you guys end up if you go ahead without me.
We can take a week off if you need to. RL > TOR.

I did maybe one class quest on Wei, so I'm probably way behind.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #119 on: February 08, 2012, 11:54:48 AM

She's turning 6, so bedtime is around 9pm CST. I am hoping that she'll zonk in the car on the way home from dinner. But yeah, if we want to skip we can. I am also happy to help folks through their class quests as I fear no spoilers.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #120 on: February 08, 2012, 03:49:58 PM

Gor no power here, so I wont be available tonight.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #121 on: February 08, 2012, 05:33:21 PM

Right then, skip a week it is.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #122 on: February 09, 2012, 06:25:07 AM

Gor no power here, so I wont be available tonight.

I am very confused as to why "Gor" would be in my phone's dictionary. Yes, I did read many of them in my youth, but still...

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: February 09, 2012, 10:02:55 AM

Voss as a male IA

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #124 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:19 PM

Are we all in for tonight?

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #125 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:33 PM

Oh yea, its Wednesday. Sure, I can put the hockey game on in the background.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 15, 2012, 06:31:33 PM

Oh shit, I totally forgot. Logging in now.

I was at the Phantom Menace 3D at the theater :p
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 15, 2012, 06:42:47 PM

I was at the Phantom Menace 3D at the theater :p

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:17 PM

Let's not do class stuff on nerd night, please.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #129 on: February 15, 2012, 07:47:09 PM

Mostly my fault, I was farther behind then I realized. Though to be fair, you were an hour late  awesome, for real

We would have skipped mine and done other stuff if you'd been on. The plan had been to just help Radience through her last fight in her class quest, then do group stuff, but since you weren't there - we started on my class stuff.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #130 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:57 PM

Based on my read of the non-Coruscant quests (space, etc.) that I currently have, we could all do well to focus on perhaps the Heroic level quests on Coruscant next week. Or, we could just do all of the planet missions. Either way works for me.

If a class mission is too hard to finish solo, maybe we can just schedule times to get those done on a day other than Wednesday.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #131 on: February 16, 2012, 05:52:38 AM

Yea, I do think this experiment showed that trying to run through a planet and do all your class missions without doing anything else is a little silly. I was just too underleveled at the end to have soloed most of that. And it felt really weird skipping so many quest givers. "Sorry, too busy - catch you on my way back!"

Next week if we want to run Sky through his class stuff, hit a couple side missions on the way, and a couple Heroics should have us where we should be.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 16, 2012, 06:31:28 AM

It has brought up an odd part of the quest system. If you don't want to spoiler class quests for other classes, we have to regularly have people break off to go solo an instance. The skipping quest givers is bizarre. So I guess integrating class stuff is probably for the best.

I guess maybe more thought should have been paid to the idea of a regular group without story spoilers for other classes, especially for folks like me where the only 'end game' is rolling alts.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #133 on: February 16, 2012, 09:29:21 AM

Hmm, can we do the instances, but just have people worried about spoilers (you and I) just skip out of the conversations?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #134 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:10 PM

The way Ingmar and I usually handled it was we'd do all the quests in an area, then split to do the class stuff seperately. Probably gets messier with four people, and I dunno how good you various people are at soloing that stuff. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Towards the end he started helping me with class stuff (and I helped him, but I am really good at tuning out the voice parts and while I know the final boss fight for JKs and vaguely what happens in Act 3, I don't know any DETAILS, like why it happens, because any "just talking" class shit I wasn't present for).

Now we just duo everything, because without context I barely know what's going on in the smuggler quest anyway, and I'm playing a class he's already done so he doesn't have to care either. :P

God Save the Horn Players
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #135 on: February 22, 2012, 05:16:04 AM

It's Wednesday you old, forgetful men.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #136 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:23 AM

It's too bad that tier bonuses don't apply to companions because they don't have the same skillsets, because I seem to be awesome at winning the same tokens I already have.

Dorne just got her Columi boots, shield, leggings, and gloves.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: February 22, 2012, 06:59:27 AM

It's Wednesday you old, forgetful men.
WHATWHO

I did manage to finish Wei's Coruscant class stuff. I think. I forget.

I blame the Black Lager and picklebacks, it was Sunday.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:01:43 AM by Sky »
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #138 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:18 AM

So tonight, should we try to do Heroic quests and then some of the more interesting planet quests on Coruscant? If we can each hit 16ish, I think we could make it over to the next set of planets without being underlevelled.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #139 on: February 22, 2012, 01:56:23 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  We could even jump to NS if we really wanted to.  4 people doing planet quests, we'll still mow through them.

I'm good either way and just need to know what planet to show up on.

ed: Actually we can run the next FP can't we?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  
Jump to: