Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  (Read 43805 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: January 19, 2012, 09:50:53 AM

Team Republitard:
Sky - Wei, Jedi Guardian/dps
Merusk - Radience, Jedi Sage/heal
Slack - Derrida, Gunslinger/whore
Bunk - Baenca, Vanguard/tank

9pm-12am Wednesday

Tentative:

Team Hempire:
AD - Powertech tank
Binary
Sjofn - BH or IA
More Slack? - BH
Bandit

TBA

(original post below)

This might be something to shoot for with a bunch of people's alts once people reach max burn out. Find a day or two a week which everyone is on or can make time for and just remain in group progression. Once the group ends, go back to your other characters.
Can we pull this off?

I would be willing to set aside one character purely for group progression. Any interest?

Wed night Eastern time would work out best for me, maybe Tues nights. My cut-off is midnight on week nights.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:55:13 AM by Sky »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:50 AM

I'd be up for it Wed. EST.  The problem is there's so many damn PST players!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:11:34 AM

I am on CST, but generally play more PST-esque hours during the week to avoid family aggro. I do have a lv 1 BH that I need to get out of the pre-10 levels, etc. I also need to add him to the guild at some point.

So long as I can work out the times, I'm up for this. Belsavis seems really sparsely populated these days. It would be nice to game around people.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:32:54 AM

I'd devote something on Wednesdays. I'm PST but work an early shift, so Im generally on between 9:00 and 12:00 EST.

So are you talking rolling a character from scratch and devoting them to just advancing through group stuff as much as possible?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:08:20 AM

So are you talking rolling a character from scratch and devoting them to just advancing through group stuff as much as possible?
As Slack mentions, probably best to finish the starter planet off and start the group journey at BT/Esseles. We could do either faction imo, doesn't necessarily have to be SLAP/BC folks, though it might help a bit to have guild chat.

The idea is we ONLY play these characters during the group sessions, so it would mean giving up a character slot (which this early on hopefully isn't too big a deal for anyone outside Phred or Sjofn). You could freely log in for crew skills, but any other advancement would probably be verboten. Maybe an exception if someone misses a night so they can catch up to the group? Or if two people can't make it, we scrub the night. Dunno, I'm not exactly a 'planner' type! New realm for me.

My Jugg is already 14 and has done a bunch of Kaas stuff, but my Agent is almost done with Hutta. On the republic side my JC just finished Tython and I have unplayed newb Trooper and Smuggler. I've kind of been reserving my SI for non-guild stuff but she's 11, too. Have one slot open for a DS JK at some point (left open because I skipped the intros when reserving names day 1, so I use it to watch the other class intros).

Wed 9-12 work for everyone? If there is more interest, others could set up another set group/night. Hell, I wonder if you can zone into a group instance as a raid?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:10:25 AM by Sky »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:12:59 AM

I have a few open slots.  A Trooper at 10, a Jedi Consular I haven't started playing and a Sith Inquisitor at level 13.

I'm thinking rolling Rep-Side if it's just BC folks would let interested parties all see some new quests.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:28:44 AM

I'm interested. I don't have any particular preference between Republic/Empire, and Wednesday nights work just fine for me. If we go Empire I'd like to use my Powertech who is sitting at level 11 having just arrived on DK, or my Consular/Shadow who is level 6 but I can get that character up to Esseles in no time. If we do all the group stuff along with solo stuff we'll be outleveling everything drastically, so I assume we're going to do mostly group stuff? We still have to do class stories and such though.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:04 PM

Yep, that works for me. Everyone speak up if they have a preference for which side, I can go either way. If we make a decision before this weekend, everyone should have time to get a character to the end of newbie planet.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:23:02 PM

Yep, that works for me. Everyone speak up if they have a preference for which side, I can go either way. If we make a decision before this weekend, everyone should have time to get a character to the end of newbie planet.

ACK!

I am going to get the blame when this explodes all over the wall aren't I? That said. I am in. Wed 9p EST seems to work for people. I can go either side, highly neglected my imperial roots so I would lean more that way, but republic is good with me as well. If I were voting, it'd be for the imp side though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:58:20 PM

I have nothing left for Republic side (my lowest there is ... 24 I think), but I could roll around as a BH or IA (my SW is reserved for Ingmar Time). Or I can just wave at you guys when you all log into Republic for your weekly nerd meeting!  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:07 PM

Do we have enough 50s to try raid content?  Or have a group pvp night? That way levels wouldn't matter until they patch in 50s pvp.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:54:38 PM by Furiously »

Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:48:38 AM

I have nothing left for Republic side (my lowest there is ... 24 I think), but I could roll around as a BH or IA (my SW is reserved for Ingmar Time). Or I can just wave at you guys when you all log into Republic for your weekly nerd meeting!  why so serious?

That is 2 for Imperial.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:02 AM

I'm going to go by response, so tentatively:

Team Republitard: Sky, Merusk, Slack, Bunk
9pm-12am Wednesday

Team Hempire: AD, Binary, Sjofn
?

Team Level Cap: Furi

Willing to hear idears for level cap activities. My tanking will be nerfy until I get some decent gear though.

I'm now leaning toward my new JK for Team Republitard. Thinking of going DPS, whatever the dual saber AC is. I've got to deny the tank option on at least one AC that can tank!

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 11:13:20 AM

If we're going to take Republic, I'll have to figure out what to roll up. The JK story was a bit "meh" up to lv 8 or 9. I'd roll smuggler, but then we'd likely end up with a full smuggler group.

Also, if the days differ, I wouldn't mind playing the BH alt that I rolled with the Hempire group.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 11:17:13 AM

My guild has run into the WTF is everyone a smuggler issue as well.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 11:30:39 AM

I'm going to go by response, so tentatively:

Team Republitard: Sky, Merusk, Slack, Bunk
9pm-12am Wednesday

Team Hempire: AD, Binary, Sjofn
?

Team Level Cap: Furi

Willing to hear idears for level cap activities. My tanking will be nerfy until I get some decent gear though.

I'm now leaning toward my new JK for Team Republitard. Thinking of going DPS, whatever the dual saber AC is. I've got to deny the tank option on at least one AC that can tank!

Empire is good with me. I'm planning on tanking with my Powertech if anyone wants to roll a healer AC. Or we could just have Mako do it.

Level cap stuff, I have Miaka (DPS Sentinel) on Republic side and Ilyasviel (Healing Sorc) on Empire side. We could do the Ilum/Belsavis group dailies, Warzones/Ilum, or some Flashpoints (HM or otherwise). I doubt we can scrounge enough for an operation, but that would be fun too. Miaka's gear is shit but Ilyasviel is rocking full PvE epics.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 11:35:56 AM

We're edging close to have enough 50s in raw terms Republic side to attempt an Op, but I think our role distribution is not really right yet. We've very thin on actual DPSers I think.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

We can run an op with 4 healers and 4 tanks. Or beg for dual spec.

As for nerd meetings, I have things in all sorts of level ranges on both sides. Pretty much all healers of some sort.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06:02 PM

I'd planned on running my Smuggler solo, so I think I'll roll something else for this. I'd been planning on doing a FemShep Trooper anyway, so maybe I'll try that.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 12:09:40 PM

Hm, might be tight without a heal-spec JC. As the Head Tuna of TOR, I would be willing to roll a SECOND JC (heh) and spec Sage....but know that I would probably be a horrible healer.

That would allow for a couple Troopers (a Vanguard tank spec + a Commando dps, maybe?) and a dps Smuggler for Slack.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:49 PM

I considered the Healer, but I've never run one in any form and wouldn't want to subject you guys to that. Or find out I hated it half way through, and then want to bail :)

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:36 PM

I considered the Healer, but I've never run one in any form and wouldn't want to subject you guys to that. Or find out I hated it half way through, and then want to bail :)

For what it's worth, shooting sith in the back with healing bullets is actually hilarious.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:24:12 PM

We're edging close to have enough 50s in raw terms Republic side to attempt an Op, but I think our role distribution is not really right yet. We've very thin on actual DPSers I think.

There's a Balance DPS spec I'd love to try if they ever patch in dual specs.  I like my tank spec (despite bitching about a couple of specific things) too much to sacrifice it for a DPS spec in a single spec world, though.

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 01:32:43 PM

There's a Balance DPS spec I'd love to try if they ever patch in dual specs.  I like my tank spec (despite bitching about a couple of specific things) too much to sacrifice it for a DPS spec in a single spec world, though.

My Sage was full heal tree till 50 and I decided to try out the balance tree. It is pretty nice how fast shit gets dead, and the instant CC 3 thing is incredibly helpful now that your pets don't reset their AoE. Pick shit off one by one in record time. This said, I was a pretty good healer in the flashpoints I ran through...hell I was even the appropriate level at the time. So switching back to heals is open, but I am getting a nice rotation down right now with balance tree abilities.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 01:38:38 PM

I'd actually consider switching Kayce to DPS, given the current state of JK tanking, if I wasn't already fairly well along the tank gearing path and if I hadn't heard that DPS guardians are in about the same state.  tongue

I may do it anyway just to try it out, I have a ton of spare orange gear I could repurpose into a DPS suit.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 02:51:02 PM

For just leveling, any of the healers are actually fine, as long as the person healing wraps their mind around the resource mechanic of said class. Consular is just easiest to "learn" because it's the same as it's always been.

For Team Hempire, I don't mind being the healer, but it would be BH or IA healing!  why so serious?  I'd prefer the BH, I think, but if IA provides more VARIETY I can play that instead. And if it matters for "augh stop talking with my voice" purposes, my BH is a lady and my IA is ALL MAN.  why so serious?

EDIT: And for level 50 stuff, Siala is a healy sage, and will remain a healy sage. Jassan is level 41 and I am ready to start leveling him again, and would be fine respeccing him to deepz if needed, although I think we have a couple of DPS troopers pushing 50 now anyway.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:58:47 PM by Sjofn »

Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 03:52:56 PM

For just leveling, any of the healers are actually fine, as long as the person healing wraps their mind around the resource mechanic of said class. Consular is just easiest to "learn" because it's the same as it's always been.

For Team Hempire, I don't mind being the healer, but it would be BH or IA healing!  why so serious?  I'd prefer the BH, I think, but if IA provides more VARIETY I can play that instead. And if it matters for "augh stop talking with my voice" purposes, my BH is a lady and my IA is ALL MAN.  why so serious?

EDIT: And for level 50 stuff, Siala is a healy sage, and will remain a healy sage. Jassan is level 41 and I am ready to start leveling him again, and would be fine respeccing him to deepz if needed, although I think we have a couple of DPS troopers pushing 50 now anyway.

I got no problems rolling up another healer on the empire side. I'd go full sorc healing spec if we are seriously going to doing this. I liked playing WHM, erm, healy sage on Repub side. That said, I have no desire to roll anything IA.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 04:27:46 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think I want to play my lady BH. Can't have you dudes stealing Joshua's ladies. Ohhhhh, I see.

EDIT: My SW is possible if Ingmar doesn't mind, I guess!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:31:18 PM by Sjofn »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:42 PM

I never have, either. Running short on time to level up a new guy, I'm no Nebu.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:28 PM

If any near-GMT people want to do this (there seem to be at least half a dozen of us on in BC most days), then make a post and we'll make a plan.

You guys on the fence about class, should seriously think about inquisitor/consular. You'll pick up a tonne of social points doing this, and social points are the only route to nice looking orange light armour.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:47 PM

Sadly my manquisitor is level 30, otherwise I totally would've hitched him to Team Hempire without a second thought for just that reason.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 05:59:28 AM

I never have, either. Running short on time to level up a new guy, I'm no Nebu.

Oh hey, I'd have jumped in yesterday if I wasn't so swamped at work.  I'll run as JC and be Healbitch.  My trooper has the ability too, but since all reports are that they're weak as heal I'll just go with the strong one right now.

Go ahead and play smugglertrooper, Bunk.

ed: Erf we should play one of each type else we run into story instance things.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:01:50 AM by Merusk »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 08:04:50 AM

You only have to flick a switch in preferences to be able to have 2 of the relevant class in a story instance. But it does mean you'd have to repeat the same shit twice for that class. Also loot is easier if you just have one strength/willpower/aim/cunning guy.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48:21 AM

Wednesday is the night I run my Pathfinder campaign, so I'll have to pass unfortunately. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 09:12:35 AM

I can join on Wed nights, I just don't know what level to be.  I can be a dps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: BC Weekly Nerd Meeting  
Jump to: