Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: The slippery slope is behind us now (LOTRO Store) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The slippery slope is behind us now (LOTRO Store)  (Read 34302 times)
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:10 AM

Unless it levels up with you, a la Heirloom items in WoW, I can't see it being worth the money. 

I started playing again after cancelling my swtor sub, and rolled a new Minstrel on Saturday.  By Sunday night, I was level 24.  I'm about as far from leveling efficiently as you can get, so I can imagine that someone that focused solely on leveling could have gotten even further.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 10:19:49 AM

Leveling isn't the point of this game anymore.  It serves to guide you through the content and stories, and so is pleasantly fast.  Does slow down a bit past 35 or 40 but recent changes may have ameliorated this.  I'd be fine if levels were eliminated, to be honest, so I could do some of those damn quests that I can't duo. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 07:18:38 PM

Sapience has posted an official response the uproar.

* It’s a slippery slope. Next thing you know end game armor & weapons will be for sale in the store!

We’ve gone through a lot of changes in the past year but one thing we can still say is we’re all passionate about LOTRO, too. We don’t want to wreck it either. We want everybody to have as much fun as possible, but we don’t want to do it by breaking the game. Anybody who’s participated in an end of beta event with us knows how fun an unbalanced game can be – but it can’t last. We’re all travelling to Mt. Doom with you and nobody wants the trip cut short, so please trust us on this. To make it perfectly clear:

We will not sell end-game gear.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 06:56:24 AM

Define "end-game gear".  /clinton

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 04:22:04 PM

I'm not comforted by that statement. 
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 05:56:05 PM

Leveling isn't the point of this game anymore.  It serves to guide you through the content and stories, and so is pleasantly fast.  Does slow down a bit past 35 or 40 but recent changes may have ameliorated this.  I'd be fine if levels were eliminated, to be honest, so I could do some of those damn quests that I can't duo. Ohhhhh, I see.

Indeed.   Give me the option to buy and I-Win button please, if only for those stupid old deprecated instance like Carn Dum which nobody goes except for the Vol.1 Epic. 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: The slippery slope is behind us now (LOTRO Store)  
Jump to: