Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 152597 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #735 on: February 26, 2012, 11:50:43 PM

Sure and I wasn't there 2hrs prolly.  But did Swamp have >1 Heroics?  fair question. Sumthin broke sumwhere.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: February 27, 2012, 01:38:22 AM

I'm mostly enjoying playing with my healers - I just solo any 2s along the way and leave most of the 4s (unless I know it's something I can solo) in my quest log, then go back and do them in one go when they're grey. That way I don't miss out on any content or cool oranges. I've completely given up on doing anything multiplayer in the game since one buddy I was duoing with quit and the other one I just can't match up with. Any time I've tried to get something going in trade it's been a disaster so I just don't bother anymore.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #737 on: February 27, 2012, 06:53:07 AM

I probably grouped a dozen times over the weekend doing heroics here and there. Meant to do a BT run with my sorc and forgot; but there is still some decent grouping to be had if you want to. While LFG tools might be good for FPs, for heroics I just glance up at chat every now and again and then look at my quest list. Not sure how it gets easier than that, since I've been able to complete all the heroics on my last two characters without any effort. Hell, half the groups have been pretty good.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:50 AM

Maybe it's a server thing, it's not that the pugs fail, there just aren't any. I did the whole of tatooine on my sorc yesterday - bonus included, there literally wasn't a single PUG. I asked twice for some 4s, but noone was around. I'll just come back and do them when they grey out, in the meantime my skirt doesn't match  Heartbreak

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #739 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:07 AM

Some servers are definitely emptier than others. I haven't had much problem pugging group quests on any of the lengthier planets but I imagine Quesh and some planets people hate (like hoth for some reason) are pretty desolate.

I guess that's the problem of segregating zones into planets. In most MMOs you at least have to pass through other areas on the way to where you're going which is where some spontaneous grouping and PVP can happen.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:53 AM

Annoyed they sent me last months bill this month.  So it looked like I hadn't canceled.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:26 AM

I had to spend $170k credits last night to heal my group for two hard modes. 70k for the spec to heals and 98k for the respec back to dps so I could pvp. 

Not. Happy.  Mob

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:50 AM

Dual spec truly can't come fast enough.  Our healers are flip flopping specs all the time.  I've been giving them money I feel so bad.

I'm getting more and more annoyed with these bugs in the flashpoints.  Last nights foundry run was wiped 3 times by HK-47 not responding to us clicking the 4 little buttons that controls his super charge ability.  After a few minutes of Google surfing to figure out wtf was going on.  You have to alternate your clicks not all at the same time. So we assigned each person a time to click and staggered them all by 1 second.  Really crappy that you can be too efficient at this.

The night before that, it was Battle of Ilum and the boss that spawns the adds while stunning you.  Had shields on the boss that would not drop, adds that spawned waaaay to fast to be normal and other stuns that didn't spawn anything... Oh and we found them after we beat the boss.  There was 30+ of them stealthed at the bottom of the ramp. I found them out when I started running up the tunnel and they all smashed my face.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:31:00 AM by Raknor »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: February 27, 2012, 10:41:39 AM

I'm getting more and more annoyed with these bugs in the flashpoints.  Last nights foundry run was wiped 3 times by HK-47 not responding to us clicking the 4 little buttons that controls his super charge ability.  After a few minutes of Google surfing to figure out wtf was going on.  You have to alternate your clicks not all at the same time. So we assigned each person a time to click and staggered them all by 1 second.  Really crappy that you can be too efficient at this.

The night before that, it was Battle of Ilum and the boss that spawns the adds while stunning you.  Had shields on the boss that would not drop, adds that spawned waaaay to fast to be normal and other stuns that didn't spawn anything... Oh and we found them after we beat the boss.  There was 30+ of them stealthed at the bottom of the ramp. I found them out when I started running up the tunnel and they all smashed my face.

For Foundry: Have one person do all 4 boxes.  If they're quick, it works flawlessly. 

Battle for Ilum, Directive 7, False Emperor, and Foundry are all buggy as hell.  It can take a fun night and turn it into a frustration fest.  At least now we can loot the chests after we get wiped by bugs... that's a step in the right direction.  swamp poop

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: February 27, 2012, 11:14:55 PM

I have never had a problem with False Emp or Battle for Ilum.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: February 28, 2012, 01:13:19 AM

Can't preview how a weapon looks on the paperdoll.  swamp poop

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: February 28, 2012, 01:34:02 AM

That I totally agree with.

Though the tiny picture of the weapon is usually accurate, if not terribly useful.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: February 28, 2012, 02:47:48 AM

yesterday I equiped a perfectly good boe orange lightsabre just to check if the hilt was cool. It wasn't. Then again, I have 3 characters with maxed slicing, so I have credits coming out of my ears  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:51 AM

Things that the icon of the weapon doesn't tell you:

- Whether you're going to be gripping that lightsaber by the hilt, or by the plasma.
- The sound it makes.
- The color of the crystal (for green or blue weapons).
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #749 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:01 AM

- Whether you're going to be gripping that lightsaber by the hilt, or by the plasma.
- The sound it makes.

The sound is particularly important for me - with lightsabers it is probably the main cosmetic effect I look for, and assault cannons to weed out the piddly 'plink plink' ones.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #750 on: February 28, 2012, 06:12:47 AM

- The sound it makes.

The sound is particularly important for me - with lightsabers it is probably the main cosmetic effect I look for, and assault cannons to weed out the piddly 'plink plink' ones.

Here, take my hat as well. My BH has been trying to find the blaster model that "sounds" right for me. I am about to drop a bunch of coin on green blasters with the same icon image and see which makes the pew pew noise I like the most then find an OJ blaster with that icon.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #751 on: February 28, 2012, 06:26:16 AM

- The sound it makes.

assault cannons to weed out the piddly 'plink plink' ones.

Speaking of peeves, why do these even exist?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:22 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one picky about the sound of their saber.  I've turned down hilts I liked the look of much more because it sounded wrong when it lit up.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:17 AM

Wait, they sound different? I just use whichever orange one I get first.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: February 28, 2012, 11:21:04 AM

Yep.  Draw a green saber you're going to sell or RE some time.  You'll come across a few different sounds.  All the initial sabers sound appropriate though.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #755 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:23 PM

All the initial sabers sound appropriate though.

Yeah, I always end up going back to the starting orange JK saber, as it has the perfect 'ooh starwars' ignition sound. Some of them have quite annoying tinny buzzes.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: March 03, 2012, 06:12:13 AM

Dueling epic KotOR staples and cantina music when you log into a cantina...   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: March 03, 2012, 07:44:51 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one picky about the sound of their saber.  I've turned down hilts I liked the look of much more because it sounded wrong when it lit up.
Oh yeah, I forgot to curse you for this post. Now I'm picky, too. Turns out the hilt on my JK was some wimpy little hiss, and one in the bank was a full on snap-hiss, as Lucas intended. Then on my SW I sat switching between two trying to figure out which ignition sounded cooler.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: March 03, 2012, 08:58:54 AM

You're welcome! Grin

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09:32 PM

My tinfoil hat theory is that some swords actually turn on about twice as fast, and the sound is time-compressed too, resulting in a higher frequency and a shorter sound.  There is a slight difference between activating it with your holster weapon button and with an attack (like force-jump).

Some sabers have a thinner blade too.  For whatever reason.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #760 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:24 PM

The color crystals seem to be what does it, oj and yellow blades are much fatter than blue or green (I never use red crystals so not sure about them).

God Save the Horn Players
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:08 AM

That may be true, but I prefer blue and I've put it in all the swords and there are differences still.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: March 17, 2014, 04:26:53 PM

Sigh.

--Galactic Trade Network still highly unsortable. 

--Crew mission dialog and message windows are often inaccurate.  For example, I got this fun sequence today:

"I failed sir please don't deactivate me"
Mission is a failure window pops up.
Items from mission are placed in inventory, so it wasn't a failure. (I knew the items were from this failed mission because it was in the chat log)

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #763 on: March 17, 2014, 08:31:02 PM

Both of those things are being addressed in 1.2, although I fully expect the GTN to continue to be stupid and unwieldy for a long time.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: