Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 152614 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #700 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:21 AM

Why is the pvp daily to win 3 matches?  Even if you win 3 in a row, that's close to an hour invested.  It's as long (if not longer) than the FP dailies IF and ONLY IF you go 3 for 3.  I've pvp'ed for several hours before to get a single win.  It seems overly harsh. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:55 AM

I think he was making a joke about peripheral European countries and debt.

Would possibly have worked better if Helm was Greek instead of German.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I thought it was a good joke  Ohhhhh, I see.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #702 on: February 22, 2012, 07:13:46 AM

Why is the pvp daily to win 3 matches?  Even if you win 3 in a row, that's close to an hour invested.  It's as long (if not longer) than the FP dailies IF and ONLY IF you go 3 for 3.  I've pvp'ed for several hours before to get a single win.  It seems overly harsh. 
I do my part by ignoring the end game.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:06 PM

God I want a gay patch so poor Captain Kalah can get together with someone who isn't Corso Riggs.

I'm sure Lantyssa can give Kalah some tips on creative uses for lightsabers in the meantime.

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: February 22, 2012, 01:08:32 PM

I almost spit water on the keyboard for that one.  Good show.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #705 on: February 22, 2012, 03:14:10 PM

Bwahahaha! Oh man.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Medic975
Terracotta Army

Reply #706 on: February 22, 2012, 09:33:32 PM

That the mail system doesn't autoenter your characters name in if they're not in a guild. And if you try to friend yourself, the system says the name doesn't exist.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #707 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:24 AM

Still sub'ed but not playing much.  Love the game and it is well done, but I think the whole bit of being pretty much a single player game until high level gets to me after awhile.  I haven't attempted PvP yet mainly due to reports it isn't good (correct me if I'm wrong.)  That would probably keep me playing longer, dunno.

I really want to love it more...  I'll keep a sub for awhile in hopes my feelings change, but more because my kids like to play on my account on other servers, so it is still value added.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: February 23, 2012, 07:10:27 AM

I just cancelled over their poor customer service.  I have a minor issue with a stuck quest, and it's really minor and silly, but they just refuse to keep a ticket open until the issue is resolved, and I refuse to accept "the devs are looking at it so we'll close this ticket, check a future patch" with no further indication of whether the devs are actually looking at it or whether anything is being done.

Gonna finish Fallout NV and start / play Skyrim, and give Bioware a few unsubscribed months to fix bugs and improve their game.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #709 on: February 23, 2012, 11:39:01 AM

So you want them to leave thousands of tickets open in their CRM system for every bug that has been reported? That would pretty quickly make their support environment basically unmanageable.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: February 23, 2012, 02:41:42 PM

So you want them to leave thousands of tickets open in their CRM system for every bug that has been reported? That would pretty quickly make their support environment basically unmanageable.

I think he wants the CS rep to fix something THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX. Instead of doing nothing other than saying, "Check back later!"

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: February 23, 2012, 03:22:27 PM

I think he wants the CS rep to fix something THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX. Instead of doing nothing other than saying, "Check back later!"

I can agree with that sentiment.  Though I'm not unsubbing over it.

Over and out.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #712 on: February 23, 2012, 03:56:01 PM

Since they gave players the ability to reset quests themselves I imagine the cs tools are pretty limited in what they can do.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: February 23, 2012, 04:53:33 PM

If I want to return something to a store it's not my problem if they have a hard time processing the return.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: February 23, 2012, 04:54:15 PM

Since they gave players the ability to reset quests themselves I imagine the cs tools are pretty limited in what they can do.

Except you still can't reset a lot of bonus missions that can't be completed, so you're stuck with them in your log until forever or some future patch lets you remove them.  Whichever comes first.

But yes, it seems pretty clear that the CS tools are basically nonexistent.

Over and out.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #715 on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:57 PM

You know, I don't mind EVE's Customer Service, or WoW's, or even Everquest 1's (such as I remember it).  They take forever to even respond to you, but at least you get the feeling that someone looked and tried to help, or investigated and made a decision not to reimburse or whatever.

I believe Bioware is looking into the stuck quests issue.  But their ticket system is doing its best to piss on the customer.  The ticket system is a communication-with-the-customer tool as much as it is a tracking and bug-sorting tool, but their level 1 CSRs seem only interested in having good "tickets closed per day" stats.  Yes they do get paid based on that, but damn, they're not even trying to put up an appearance of some sort for us.

I've never been contacted by level 2, there doesn't seem to be an escalation path we can follow, and there's no feedback that anything is being passed to the devs, other than idiotic code words like badger or Saturn.

I've unsubbed over it.  It was a mistake on my part to play this MMO at release; I usually don't do that.  I waited 6 months with WoW.  I'll give them a few months to fix this bug and others, and I don't have to be subbed while waiting.  My characters will be there when/if I return, no biggie.  It's a solo play game anyway, it's not like I need to keep up with guildies and maintain raid attendance.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #716 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:02 PM

But yes, it seems pretty clear that the CS tools are basically nonexistent.

Shades of WAR. Again.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:22 PM

That's kind of disheartening to hear since I had excellent interactions with CS in beta, up to and including having one talk with me for the better part of an hour while we tried to hash out the causes of a pretty nasty bug.

Shame that it didn't seem to really translate once the CS staff ballooned for launch.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: February 24, 2012, 05:35:09 AM

Ok, last night may be the peeve that gets me to unsubscribe.

First we get a group and head to do the Foundry [Hard Mode] FP.  HK47 bugs and won't unbug.  We leave. 

Second we decide to do Directive 7 [Hard Mode] instead. We're rolling through that until we get to the infiltrator boss (the guy that makes the clones) and he bugs repeatedly. 

In a 4 hour play session almost 3 months after launch, I am unable to complete an objective.  It was VERY frustrating.  Particularly in that it had nothing to do with the ability of the group to complete the objective.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #719 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:40 AM

Weird. I thought the latest patch was supposed to fix the HK-47 thing. Directive 7 is just terrible in general so yeah.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: February 24, 2012, 06:56:33 AM

It's really weird on who it bugs on. I have done it with an IA and two other Bounty hunters, since those are supposedly the classes it bugs on. Didn't bug bug on any of them. On my Bounty Hunter (Mercenary specifically) he still bugs every time. Although after the patch instead of spitting out Bounty Hunter clones he now spits out Sith warriors. Even if we don't have one in group. We always try it once then I sit the fight out. Which would probably make it impossible without at least a decently guild group.

Edit: talking about D7
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:44 AM

Although after the patch instead of spitting out Bounty Hunter clones he now spits out Sith warriors. Even if we don't have one in group. We always try it once then I sit the fight out. Which would probably make it impossible without at least a decently guild group.

Edit: talking about D7

This is EXACTLY what happened.  Group was two BH, my OP, and an assassin tank.  After we killed the first 3 clones and had him to 20% health, he spit out 4 warriors.  We tried 3 more times and the same thing happened each time.

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #722 on: February 24, 2012, 08:02:45 AM

Ok, last night may be the peeve that gets me to unsubscribe.

First we get a group and head to do the Foundry [Hard Mode] FP.  HK47 bugs and won't unbug.  We leave. 

Second we decide to do Directive 7 [Hard Mode] instead. We're rolling through that until we get to the infiltrator boss (the guy that makes the clones) and he bugs repeatedly. 

In a 4 hour play session almost 3 months after launch, I am unable to complete an objective.  It was VERY frustrating.  Particularly in that it had nothing to do with the ability of the group to complete the objective.   

The hard mode bugs are exactly what ended up breaking my sub will. I feel your frustration.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #723 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49:36 AM

I have two 50's, two in the high 30's, and a bunch of 20-something alts.  I've certainly gotten value out of the game.  No complaints there.

I'm just saying that if they want to continue taking my money, they're going to need to fix some of the more obvious breaks in the game. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #724 on: February 24, 2012, 08:57:55 AM

Well what broke my will was when the buddy of mine who beta'd the game for a long time unsubbed. When I asked him why, he said "Remember all those bugs we had with hard modes? Those have been around for months before the game launched."

It's not like any of this is a shock, really. However, when one of their responses when asked about bugs was to talk about the inherent difficulty in fixing bugs? That's a problem. Even more to the point, that's a YOU problem, Bioware. Nobody gives a shit how hard things are on you when we're the paying customers. Put up or shut up.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #725 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:43 AM

I missed most of the 4-man FP bugs by going almost straight into raiding because the guild wanted another warm body for a 16-man EV.

So far I've only really run Kaon and False Emp in their entirety and those were fine in terms of bugs. Directive 7 I tried on hardmode before I raided and I punched out on Bulwark. Yeahno.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: February 24, 2012, 09:43:49 AM

I've completed all of the hard mode 4 mans, multiple times.  It's just a complete crapshoot when things will work.  I think that's the rub.  You start out all optimistic and end up all jaded-as-shit.

-  Mark Twain
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #727 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:35 AM

My favorite bug was Cademimu or whatever where you'd enter the final boss' room, burst into flames and die.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #728 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:14 AM

My favorite bug was Cademimu or whatever where you'd enter the final boss' room, burst into flames and die.

On our first run AFTER the boss was dead and we were standing around looting and suddenly we just started burning and dying.  why so serious?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #729 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:18 AM

My bugs list:

The last boss on the Esseles - sometimes he throws twice at the same person. Sometimes the circles kill you when you're outside of them.
Second boss on False Emp - The gunship doesn't respond to being shot at, keeps firing faster, and kills everyone.
HK on False Emp - yeah, we know this one's bad.

There's the spawning guys boss, there's the bugs on Bulwark's enrage, there's just a lot of bugs at the high level content that are completely hit or miss. It's a dice roll on whether you are going to have fun or not.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: February 24, 2012, 11:22:03 AM

Which one has HK and the two turrets (Assault on Ilum, maybe?)?  We've had that one bug where HK shoots people out of stealth for 20k damage.  It's a hoot!  swamp poop

-  Mark Twain
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #731 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:13 AM

My bugs list:

The last boss on the Esseles - sometimes he throws twice at the same person. Sometimes the circles kill you when you're outside of them.
Second boss on False Emp - The gunship doesn't respond to being shot at, keeps firing faster, and kills everyone.
HK on False Emp - yeah, we know this one's bad.

There's the spawning guys boss, there's the bugs on Bulwark's enrage, there's just a lot of bugs at the high level content that are completely hit or miss. It's a dice roll on whether you are going to have fun or not.
Weird, I never had a problem with HK...

False Emp I had a pretty hilarious bug happen that was sort of in our benefit. The ship/BH boss guy blasted me off the ledge...but I didn't die. I just landed, standing out in open space. Then he grappled me back onto the platform, then immediately punched me off again. He was still aggroed on me so he just missile blasted me to death while the rest of my group burned him down. Was pretty funny.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #732 on: February 24, 2012, 12:46:06 PM

On our first run AFTER the boss was dead and we were standing around looting and suddenly we just started burning and dying.  why so serious?
You rolled a 20 on the wandering damage table.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #733 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:13 AM

I'm taking a break probably.   I'm still playing for the few SLAP people on and the hope I can play again with my brother who is several time zones away.  But I could delete the whole thing and not feel any need to play.  This forum is literally the only source of attention to get me to play.  None of the people I know who game regularly (and for a living) mention SWTOR.

Here's what broke me:  "QUESH: 1"

A whole night and a whole zone with only myself in it.  Any other game this might make sense, but even LotRO has general chat so I can have some human entertainment.

A whole zone empty for 2-3 hours and no cross zone/shard nothing.  No LFG, no chat, no cross character inventory sharing even.  Stupid.  /shakeshead
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: February 26, 2012, 04:42:54 PM

Quesh is so short you can be done with it in 10 minute or an hour or two depending on if you want to just do your class mission or clear the whole thing.

People look at the individual worlds and panic when they only see 10 or 12 (or less in the case of Quesh).  How many people do you see in, say, Swamp of Sorrows at any given time?

Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: