Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 158028 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:37 AM

Nah, of course not.

I'm just still on the fence about dropping money on this game - I really want to, but I'm also aware that it's really probably not for me.

You chaps on here keep me honest about that, since most of this thread sounds like stuff that would make me Stabby.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: January 09, 2012, 12:05:50 PM

most of this thread sounds like stuff that would make me Stabby.
SWTOR is pretty shitty except where it's like KOTOR. All the non-MMO stuff is cool.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #72 on: January 09, 2012, 12:41:28 PM

The little peeves appear to be really growing.
If you're the type to let this kind of thing ruin a game for you, you should probably not play any mmo. Is there an mmo f13 actually likes? Eve?

While there are certainly a few things I'd like to see fixed at some point, I find the game enjoyable and would rather talk about the positive stuff than dwell in the pit of negativity that f13 so loves to wallow in.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 09, 2012, 12:52:07 PM

You chaps on here keep me honest about that, since most of this thread sounds like stuff that would make me Stabby.

The best way to play the game would be to:

a) do the class quest line for the story.

b) do the flashpoints for the story.

c) pvp when you get behind the leveling curve due to avoiding the "kill 10 space rats" quests

I'm leveling an alt this way and it's pretty enjoyable.  I get stabby only when I grind out the non-storyline quests.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #74 on: January 09, 2012, 12:55:06 PM

The actual main planet storyline quests are worth doing as well IMO from a story perspective.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 09, 2012, 12:56:14 PM

The actual main planet storyline quests are worth doing as well IMO from a story perspective.

Good point.  The first 10 levels feel a lot like Tortage in AoC... and I liked Tortage.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #76 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:07 PM

The companion characters coming back from missions with epics and complaining about fails really bugs me.

Also, slicers should be able to actually slice items so you can put augments in them.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:14 PM

These are the quests you can't abandon, correct?

I can't leave a planet with a quest in my log, so I've done a few of them and outside the Revanite quest chain - I've enjoyed them for the most part.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 01:56:44 PM

I've never tried abandoning them, I dunno. Typically you can spot them because the quest givers are in instanced areas and they run through the whole planet instead of being confined to just one quest hub.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 02:00:28 PM

The ones you can't abandon are usually if you did like Kill 1/200 on a bonus, it won't let you drop the quest anymore.

I haven't had any others it keeps me from abandoning. The main plotline quests are usually the ones that feed you area by area through the planet and have nice rewards at the end. So instead of "go find billy", it's "go find billy. And look, an evil alien has him, you should go find the alien. Oh look, the alien is working for the sith, go kill them!"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:52 PM

I have about 12 quests that I can't abandon.  I've been meaning to go back to the zones and finish them, but I haven't had the motivation yet.

If you ever plan on going to Ilum, make sure to have about 6 open quest slots.  There are pvp object quests that start and complete upon entering and leaving the open pvp areas.

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #81 on: January 09, 2012, 02:05:02 PM

Is there a way to figure out if a quest is a heroic 2 or 4 BEFORE all the talky talky? Because sometimes I'm not in the mood to go through the whole shebang just to realize it's a heroic 4 and I have no shot.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #82 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07:20 PM

Typically those have little story to them at all.  Ohh noes, 1 minute of my life wasted.  Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #83 on: January 09, 2012, 02:07:39 PM

In my ideal world, the triangles would be color coded for shit like that.

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:17 PM

Typically those have little story to them at all.  Ohh noes, 1 minute of my life wasted.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm sorry you don't like my LITTLE PEEVES.

Don't judge me evil skull.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #85 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:31 PM

In my ideal world, the triangles would be color coded for shit like that.

Colors are unfair to some!

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 09, 2012, 02:08:54 PM

Yeah it should be a symbol!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #87 on: January 09, 2012, 02:11:26 PM

It'll weed out the weak, colorblind people. It's fine.

God Save the Horn Players
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #88 on: January 09, 2012, 02:20:11 PM

It'll weed out the weak, colorblind people. It's fine.

I get the airlock control panel.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #89 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:08 PM

Here's another, I'll try to leave out all those fucks.

I'm on Tatooine.  I'm running mission, and one requires me to shuttle up to the Imperial Fleet.  Turns out the mission is a flashpoint (I wasn't entirely paying attention) and I was looking for an exit.  I may be blind but I couldn't find one.  So I logged off and back in and boom, back with Imperial Fleet.  Ok, that's cool.  So now I need to get back to Tatooine to finish up missions.  Where's the shuttle back down?  Oh there isn't one?  Those shuttles are one way?

So I have to grab the elevator back to Main level, run to another elevator to Dromund Kaas.  Rundown to docks, run all the way across the dock area into the space port itself, then run down to imperial agent hangars to grab my ship, then fly back to Tatooine. 

Ok, so lesson learned. Sigh.  I really like the missions and storylines, but damn I'm getting tired of this shit.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 09, 2012, 02:44:45 PM

Why didn't you just get on your ship on the Fleet? It's the easiest hangar to get to...?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 02:50:58 PM

I was looked for it.  There's a interfleet hangar but none of the ships would let me on.  the FP level was just flashpoints and elevator, main level only had other elevators to Dromund Kaas, Hutta, and that other planet I couldn't remember.  I dunno, either it wasn't labeled on my map or I haven't unlocked that or something.  (Or again, I'm blind)

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 09, 2012, 02:54:02 PM

I'm gonna go with blind.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 09, 2012, 02:54:30 PM

I was looked for it.  There's a interfleet hangar but none of the ships would let me on.  the FP level was just flashpoints and elevator, main level only had other elevators to Dromund Kaas, Hutta, and that other planet I couldn't remember.  I dunno, either it wasn't labeled on my map or I haven't unlocked that or something.  (Or again, I'm blind)

Not really blind... On your map the symbol for the Hangars are hidden behind the VIP vendors. If you switch your map filter to anything but vendors, you'll see the different class hangars. They're all on the level overlooking the cantina.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 02:56:29 PM

Nope, still going with blind.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 03:05:38 PM

ok yeah, pretty blind.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 03:05:47 PM

I'll double check on that next time I log in.  I appreciate the tip.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #97 on: January 09, 2012, 03:22:27 PM

Oh yeah that's a pet peeve -- LET ME TURN ON MORE THAN ONE FUCKING SYMBOL ON THE MAP AT A TIME
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:18 PM

I can agree with a lot of the above and can't think of many things to add to what's already been said, but...

NO FOLLOW.

I don't mean following another player. I generally have very little need to do that, in fact I don't honestly think I've had a player on /follow since fucking DAoC raids.

No, I mean following a mob. I mean the ability to simply [Next Target] and [Follow]. 2 key presses that would eliminate almost every issue I have with melee combat in this game, which is unflinchingly sided against melee from the outset with a multitude of KBs, KDs, slows and snares. None of which any ranged class (which generally also has a metric fuckton of AE) I've played has had a single issue with. Half the time I'm facing the wrong goddamn direction, though thankfully so long as I'm in melee distance of a mob, my char will actually turn to face them when I select an attack. But with no mob follow, I end up overshooting a lot and just generally getting immensely flustered, especially trying to juggle the response madness of Sentinel.

City of Heroes has it, Guild Wars has it, both are melee friendly, multi-target games. Why not SWtOR?

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 09, 2012, 06:27:59 PM

"All Level" warzones.  Getting kind of silly now that there are geared 50s.  

Pugs vs Premades...yet another thing WoW addressed long ago.   No penalty for holding the huttball the entire game.

no guild bank

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:29:50 PM by Crumbs »
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 06:38:35 PM

Elevators. Seriously, what is with this fucking galactic civilization and elevators? Especially elevators that constantly go up and down rather than wait to be moved with the press of a button?

Um how about elevators with buttons are a recipe for griefing?
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 06:51:37 PM

Have you played TOR? They don't work that way, the buttons just teleport you to the next level.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 10:45:13 PM

The tip about turning on item comparison for companions worked -- thanks again. That's one peeve down.

Does everyone know about the Fleet Pass? 18 hour cooldown, but instant transport to fleet from anywhere is handy. You have to add it from your General skills tab.

Peeves are just that -- annoyances. Won't stop me from playing. But I like that I can discuss/read them on F13 without the eye-stab-inducing-pain of official forums.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

Have you played TOR? They don't work that way, the buttons just teleport you to the next level.

I thought the complaint was about the moving elevators that constantly go up and down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:05:01 PM by Phred »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 12:09:27 AM

Why can I only have 25 quests at a time? Seriously, is the database really that stretched?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: