Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 155779 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 06:26:40 AM

Elevators. Seriously, what is with this fucking galactic civilization and elevators? Especially elevators that constantly go up and down rather than wait to be moved with the press of a button?
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 06:50:40 AM

Agree with most everything cited so far.

Mine are:

Not being able to sell back a commendation purchase if I accidentally purchase the wrong thing -- perhaps give me a confirmation window, but even then, I've bought a couple of things I didn't realize were not usable by a companion.

Stop closing ALL the windows when I stop using a craft/vault/shop window -- let ME decide which other windows I want to close.

When I have the companion paper doll screen open, please compare items against the companion's gear, not mine.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 07:01:56 AM

When I have the companion paper doll screen open, please compare items against the companion's gear, not mine.
In the interface options you can turn it on to compare your companion's gear as well as yours. It's not exactly what you're saying but it's good enough. Also, there is an expanded tooltip option so that it breaks down modifications too. I have no idea why these both aren't turned on by default.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 07:19:57 AM

Minor one: you loot an item, and can click on it or highlight it in the chat window to see it's stats - but it won't bring up the comparison screen, or will only compare it to you, not your companion. You have to open up inventory and look at it from there instead to get the full comparison.

Not being able to preview Schematics.

No inbetween setting for Shadows. Low and Off are essentially the same, where High drops me from 40 fps to 9 the moment I walk in a building.

Having to retoggle shield other everytime I use my speeder.

Random graphic glitches during cutscenes that make the terrain looking like Asheron's Call, or Vette suddenly having no eyes and yellow skin.

And on a total pet peeve level - all the Imperial Officers' Uniforms, with those little pen like thingies in the little tiny pockets on their chests, that they so clearly did not bother working in to the model, but instead rely on some rather crappy bump mapping to make them appear to have depth. Distracts me every cutscene.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:07 AM

-  Takes too long to go to and from your ship.  Would be nice if there was the option to quick travel to it (is there?). 

-  Bugs with companions saying they want to talk, but they don't.   There seem to be a lot of little bugs everywhere.

-  Seems like a lot of stuff that isn't explained very well.   

-  UI.  In general, it needs to be more flexible.  Is there a way to turn on moving panels?

-  I'd prefer group quests to be solo-able but scaled and instanced (with better rewards) if you group.  Most of these are really story light (but reward heavy), so this is has become only a relatively minor issue.

- Skill upgrade pricing is a little nutty early on.  Stuff in general is a bit pricey early.  If I didn't know the mount pricing, I would have spent my way out of getting it by now.   

-Rasix
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:23 AM

-  UI.  In general, it needs to be more flexible.  Is there a way to turn on moving panels?

awesome, for real

You're a funny one!

(For no explained reason, moving frames IS IN THE GAME! But only for two of the frames. What the shit. You can move the chat window (which has nowhere to go since you can't move anything else), and you can move the raid frames)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:40 AM

The items in the INV change shade when you have your companion tab open.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 08:17:03 AM

The graphical glitches in cutscenes are hilarious.  From memory here's what I've gotten.

No eyes on anyone, or cyborg silver eyes which have a darker silver pupil.
Pistol whipping people with invisible blasters.
Wookies and droids turning black.
My humanish character with gerber baby food skin tone suddenly developing a normal Caucasian skin tone.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 08:19:01 AM

The graphical glitches in cutscenes are hilarious.  From memory here's what I've gotten.

Have you seen any where the scale of people is way off?  The Jedi Knight story has one cutscene where your mentor is the size of a small dog.  Also, the sniper cutscenes had a number where I was holding an invisible rifle.  It was funny to see myself shooting things with nothing in my hands.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:34 AM

Have you seen any where the scale of people is way off?  The Jedi Knight story has one cutscene where your mentor is the size of a small dog.  Also, the sniper cutscenes had a number where I was holding an invisible rifle.  It was funny to see myself shooting things with nothing in my hands.
Hehe I had two class starter world quests like that.  The one you are speaking of where the top jedi master woman from the box art and cinematics was four inches tall and then even funnier was the trooper storyline where you have the cliched tough as nails Sergeant barking orders at you - he was also four inches tall.  I can't imagine how that bug comes about.

First time I saw it was on the trooper quest and I had to actually figure out if this alien race is just really small...  Especially since all the head movements of the other npcs actually adjust to the height and angle their heads down to look at him.

The jedi one happens as you are leaving the planet and would probably piss off a hard core jedi role player because it's important too.  Half the dialogue is with a camera panned to an empty chair since she is too small to be seen.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:59 AM

In the interface options you can turn it on to compare your companion's gear as well as yours. It's not exactly what you're saying but it's good enough. Also, there is an expanded tooltip option so that it breaks down modifications too. I have no idea why these both aren't turned on by default.

I'll look for this -- thanks.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 08:35:13 AM

The funniest cutscene bug i saw is in the Esseles -- when you're about to board shuttle to return to your ship after beating the big bad, the twi'lek you're with can trip over as she's attempting to leg it.

The less funny kind is the way my consular frequently kills people with turned off lighsaber. It's like something from the Mortal Kombat movie.

"... this is where you fall down."
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:25 AM

Hehe I had two class starter world quests like that.  The one you are speaking of where the top jedi master woman from the box art and cinematics was four inches tall and then even funnier was the trooper storyline where you have the cliched tough as nails Sergeant barking orders at you - he was also four inches tall.  I can't imagine how that bug comes about.

I think the model is probably getting accidentally flagged as the handheld holocommunicator version since they seems to be roughly that size.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012, 08:50:55 AM

The only real, as in unpleasant, negative I've encountered so far was the size of Coruscant.

The slow jogging pace that lowbie toons can move at makes Coruscant seem interminable, just to get from the quest givers to the action.

When I first arrived there, at level 10, I hadn't even noticed how slow I was moving, because the starter planet didn't make it so obvious. There were flight points at each quest hub, and the quest hubs weren't all that far apart to begin with.

But from level 10 through 14 in Coruscant, I felt like I was being punished for something. I mentioned it in guild chat, and my guildmates were all "you get sprint soon, it gets better". One guy actually told me that running slow would make me appreciate sprint more. I told him to take that attitude back to 2004.

Which is when I remembered that I'm playing a game whose MMO elements were designed copied in 2004  swamp poop

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 09:10:24 AM

Yep. There's no real justification for not simply making sprint passive at level 1. Just make everybody runs 1/3 faster out of combat. Done.

Saves a button on everybody's interface (which is a problem in SWTOR) and makes the first 10 hours or so of play more enjoyable, increasing retention. Win/win.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 09:39:29 AM

Meh, i regularly play with sprint off when solo because the frantic animation pace looks quite weird if not out of place and messes up the capes, somewhat. The kvetching how "oh god i don't have sprint on this char yet" occasionally showing up in chat feels always rather bizarre.

Then again, i did play EVE for a few years.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 09:52:21 AM

Cooldowns on gift giving.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 09:58:55 AM

The window closing thing is the worst when it involves the Galactic Market. Let's see, I've got everything inputted that I need--yes, level range, type of armor, rarity of item, companion window opened, let's go, OH FUCK CORSO JUST GOT BACK FROM THAT 30 MINUTE SLICING MISSION EVERYONE MUST DIE.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:52 AM

He waits for me until i scroll through 50 pages and spot something i like, *then* reports back.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:08 AM

Meh, i regularly play with sprint off when solo because the frantic animation pace looks quite weird if not out of place and messes up the capes, somewhat. The kvetching how "oh god i don't have sprint on this char yet" occasionally showing up in chat feels always rather bizarre.

Then again, i did play EVE for a few years.
Someone else posted that they don't use their vehicle because they don't like how they look and runs around on foot, I think you two would make a good, if very slow, team.

I saw someone walking on a starter planet, not jogging but actually walking, and assumed they hit the slash key by mistake and didn't know how to toggle running back on so I sent him a tell.  He replies that no, he's doing it on purpose and plans to walk everywhere, good luck with that.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:43 AM

They still haven't fixed that?! It's been a bug for more than a year!
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 10:10:09 AM

The number of things that were reported very early and very often that haven't been fixed are pretty astonishing. Like, why is it so hard to get Ivory NOT be on the smuggler ship before he's supposed to be?
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 10:13:30 AM

He waits for me until i scroll through 50 pages and spot something i like, *then* reports back.
Yeah, that's really annoying, but at least the GTN remembers my settings when I open it up again...  Ohhhhh, I see.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 10:15:23 AM

Someone else posted that they don't use their vehicle because they don't like how they look and runs around on foot, I think you two would make a good, if very slow, team.
Yeah, i don't use the speeders either why so serious?

Although that actually has a benefit of your companions remembering the toggles on their abilities, apparently.

edit:

I saw someone walking on a starter planet, not jogging but actually walking, and assumed they hit the slash key by mistake and didn't know how to toggle running back on so I sent him a tell.  He replies that no, he's doing it on purpose and plans to walk everywhere, good luck with that.
The walk with sprint toggled on is just about right walk pace Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I actually do that pretty often, it gives me time to catch up on the codex, set the companion quests, plan objectives ahead and whatnot in the time it takes to get to destination.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:18:03 AM by tmp »
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 10:21:57 AM

i am a crazy person
*backs away slowly*
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:57 AM

*backs away slowly*
Your walk toggle is on.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 10:27:59 AM

The little thing that bugs me is that after I take a taxi or use recall, my evil lord of the Sith gives this cheery little wave to nobody in particular.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 10:33:52 AM

Excessive fucking walk/sprinting everywhere.  I mean what the fuck.  Imperial Agent.  Watcher X.  He's way the back in a fucking friendly complex.  Could he be by the taxi?  Fuck no.  Every time you have to talk to him you have to run all the way the fuck back there. 

And god jesus, I had to go talk to Darth Daddy's Girl.  She's on Dromund Kaas.  All the way the fuck back there.  But you have to taxi from the docks to the front of the city, then trek halfway into the city to hop another taxi.  And then trek all the way back to the pit of the building.  Ok fine.  Then she sends you on a mission, on another planet.  Back to the docks.  Fly to system, land, and trek to the beck end of nowhere.  Finish up, and "use your holoterminal on your ship"  I have a fucking portable one right here!  Ok back to ship.  Darth Daddy's Girl wants to see me again.  In person.  Fuck you you angsty slut!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 09, 2012, 10:40:48 AM

If that helps, she gets her due in consular storyline.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 09, 2012, 10:41:00 AM

The little thing that bugs me is that after I take a taxi or use recall, my evil lord of the Sith gives this cheery little wave to nobody in particular.
Heh... now that you mention it.  Brilliant.

Sith Lord or...
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 09, 2012, 11:23:04 AM

Yeah, that's really annoying, but at least the GTN remembers my settings when I open it up again...  Ohhhhh, I see.

It never remembers the settings for me. Always have to start from scratch. I hate the GTN so much, it's such a pain to search for things.

- I hate elevators. I hate dying to elevators (it happens more than I can to admit).
- They desperately need a quicktravel to your ship.
- So much travelling. Too much. I spend way to much time on the journey and not enough on the doing.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 09, 2012, 11:33:23 AM

Excessive fucking walk/sprinting everywhere. .... [snip -- paraphrasing here: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck]...Ok fine.  Then she sends you on a mission, on another planet.  Back to the docks.  Fly to system, land, and trek to the beck end of nowhere.  Finish up, and "use your holoterminal on your ship" ...[snip -- more fucking]

Yeah this is kind of strange given the emphasis on story. Not much story going on while you run place to place. The binding terminals should either have no cooldown or a 15 minute cooldown at most.

I wouldn't mind some of the running if the environments were more varied. I'm a total explorer at heart, so I'll get on the ride and run as long as the scenery is interesting and varied -- and isn't the same thing repeated over and over and over. Nar Shaadaa -- just Coruscant in neon lipstick. Taris -- interesting at first, but then the same huge ruined buildings show up *everywhere*.

And I SWEAR somewhere in their design documents someone approved the concept of mirroring every major non-combat area. The symmetry is everywhere and at times feels like being in a house of mirrors. I know it cuts down on graphic complexity and such, but really? AoC had its problems but Tortuga and the Stygian city were not mirrors -- I could easily tell where I was just by the lay of the buildings/streets.  Anchorhead? Nope. All too similar. The Fleet (Caddick Station on Repub side) -- nope. Jedi Temple? Nope -- mirror of a mirror. It feels super lazy from a layout/design standpoint.  

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 09, 2012, 11:36:20 AM

The little peeves appear to be really growing.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 09, 2012, 11:37:07 AM

Everything is bigger in the US. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 11:46:24 AM

Expect less on these forums? Of course not.

And yes you walk everywhere... this ain't star trek... what you want, a transporter.

Oh wait...Belsarvis...  Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: