Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:29:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand). 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand).  (Read 35936 times)
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:29 PM

MuffinMan figured it out based on some info Sand posted.

I am now curious.

Also, I assume that this means Broughden was posting from behind a proxy the entire time? swamp poop
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:12 PM

No, just a random IP. Both Sand and Broughden had one. Or they were randomizing it, whatever. Anyway, Sand posted a picture of his dog. MuffinMan connected the dots back to a picture of Broughden's dog via Facebook.

Basically, Sand/Broughden can only go so long without yammering about himself. He's like a racist, bigoted, hateful, republican Geldon.

It is amazing that he managed to change his tone enough for some of the staff to only have minor notions that they may be the same person. We've chatted about it before, but Sand was JUST untwatty enough to maybe not be him.

We were wrong. So, props to him for that.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 12:21:30 AM

No, just a random IP. Both Sand and Broughden had one. Or they were randomizing it, whatever. Anyway, Sand posted a picture of his dog. MuffinMan connected the dots back to a picture of Broughden's dog via Facebook.

Basically, Sand/Broughden can only go so long without yammering about himself. He's like a racist, bigoted, hateful, republican Geldon.

It is amazing that he managed to change his tone enough for some of the staff to only have minor notions that they may be the same person. We've chatted about it before, but Sand was JUST untwatty enough to maybe not be him.

We were wrong. So, props to him for that.

I always assumed it was a case of "everyone know's it's him, but he's not being a complete douche every single post yet, so - here's some more rope."
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 12:32:23 AM

We were simply never 100% sure. I don't understand why anyone would want to be at a forum where they're unwanted.

Unless, you know, they're getting promoted to admin. Ohhhhh, I see.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 12:40:33 AM

Is that your next Christmas gift?  Bruce to be the next admin?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 02:32:12 AM

I was wrong, kinda funny, he spent a while talking to me on pm's when I was trying to figure out who he was.

Are the online magic cards any use to f13?  Think I have an old account.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 04:34:15 AM

I was wrong, kinda funny, he spent a while talking to me on pm's when I was trying to figure out who he was.

You actually threw me off the track.  That shows me for not trusting my gut.

That he managed to find a way to seriously piss off Schild is impressive.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 05:11:01 AM

The whole living in Kentucky and business owner thing should have been the giveaway.  Like others I figured he wasn't banned simply because he wasn't being as douchey as he was when he was Broughden.

The Magic card price guide shows me I was right to simply trash my collection.  90% of it was Fallen Empires.. whose most expensive card is $4.   awesome, for real   Fucking worthless expansion. Wish I'd bought that box of Legends when I had the chance, it was only $150 at the time.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 05:13:19 AM

You actually threw me off the track.  That shows me for not trusting my gut.

Yeah my bad sorry, Broughden was trolling up a storm on the huffington post at the time I was trying to figure Sand out, so I didn't think it was him.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 05:52:34 AM

Yeah, I took Arthur on faith when he said 'Nope.'  Before that I was sure it was him.

Especially when he showed us his knuckles after he punched that shark.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011, 07:09:41 AM

Yeah my bad sorry, Broughden was trolling up a storm on the huffington post at the time I was trying to figure Sand out, so I didn't think it was him.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 07:16:09 AM

I initially thought it was the same guy, but he really seemed much more muted so I stopped worrying about it.

On/off topic; had no idea 4th was so worthless. Quick scan shows only four cards in the set over $5: Land Tax, Sylvan Library, Nevinyrral's disk, and Wrath of God.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:33 AM

Is that your next Christmas gift?  Bruce to be the next admin?

As destructive as that would be, it would be immensely funny for a few hours minutes seconds until he managed to piss off 90% of the posters in whatever thread he would post in. It would also be scary to time how long it would take him to post once the ban was removed. Maybe we could run a Festivus pool.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #48 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:17 AM

Really? Is Bruce still skulking around the scene? His name hasn't come up in years. Are there pics of him cornering people at PAX or something?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: December 20, 2011, 07:56:17 AM

AFAIK, Bruce does not ever go away.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 08:25:59 AM

Google tells me he's trolling reddit these days.   If you haven't been initiated to Bruce, scanning his previous week's posts gives you a really good idea of what kind of a creature he is.   (wincest.. really?)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 08:34:39 AM

I have some old Magic cards, no clue what edition they are.  Got them from a GenCon ages ago.  I'd be willing to hand them off to someone else (Schild) if only to get them off my bookshelf.  They're probably completely worthless and/or a series that is no longer used.  I'll look when I get home tonight, just for giggles.

And thanks for the gift, boss!  Heart

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #52 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:37 AM

AFAIK, Bruce does not ever go away.

Like herpes...

and where the hell is this year's Festivus thread? Did I completely miss it?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:00 AM

Sand is now banned. I think Arthur Parker might have to turn his title over to MuffinMan now.
Heart Heart Heart ALL HAIL GREAT LEADER! Heart Heart Heart
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 09:08:58 AM

I have some old Magic cards, no clue what edition they are.  Got them from a GenCon ages ago.  I'd be willing to hand them off to someone else (Schild) if only to get them off my bookshelf.  They're probably completely worthless and/or a series that is no longer used.  I'll look when I get home tonight, just for giggles.

And thanks for the gift, boss!  Heart

No, thank you! I will take Gencon cards without question!
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:20 AM

I'll get a list of what I have tonight and send it to you somehow (PM here, I guess) to see if you want any of the cards.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #56 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:47 AM

Wow. This is the only forum I know that sacrifices posters as Christmas celebration.  ACK!

Is it still ok to dislike Origin though?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #57 on: December 20, 2011, 11:02:33 AM

Wow, he must have REALLY shit up that thread, huh?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: December 20, 2011, 11:07:26 AM

Eh? Sinij shits up every thread related to Steam. He's simply an idiot.

Sand was just an obnoxious ass but never obnoxious enough to ban, until I found out he was actually dodging a ban, which is immediate cause for a ban. Despite reasonably good behavior compared to his dickhead, shitheel, unlikable, egotistical, self-flagellating retard past-self.
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:27 AM

I'll get a list of what I have tonight and send it to you somehow (PM here, I guess) to see if you want any of the cards.
PM works, or Steam. PM is easy though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #60 on: December 20, 2011, 11:11:47 AM

I had to go up to my "archives" and make very damn sure that I no longer had any MTG cards.  All I found was lots of first-edition Middle Earth: The Wizards, including an unopened starter.  Too bad only ten people play this now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: December 20, 2011, 11:17:47 AM

I had to go up to my "archives" and make very damn sure that I no longer had any MTG cards.  All I found was lots of first-edition Middle Earth: The Wizards, including an unopened starter.  Too bad only ten people play this now.
You have "archives?" The Library of Yegolandria?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:37 PM

Ok, was Sand actually Broughden (like, you tracked him by IP address or something and know for sure)?  Or are we just running with the assumption?

Did the colostomy give him away? 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #63 on: December 20, 2011, 02:17:20 PM

His ass problems are especially funny given this quote:

You are a kool aid drinking FUCKING MORON!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Die of flaming ass cancer you schmuck. No really, die.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011, 02:37:21 PM

I had to go up to my "archives" and make very damn sure that I no longer had any MTG cards.  All I found was lots of first-edition Middle Earth: The Wizards, including an unopened starter.  Too bad only ten people play this now.

Sure.  Sounds better than "the closet where I found a cloth map from UO".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 03:32:31 PM

Sure.  Sounds better than "the closet where I found a cloth map from UO".

I still have my UO cloth map and pewter pin, too! Mine's in a box in a self-storage warehouse seven time zones away, though.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 20, 2011, 06:22:18 PM

In retrospect it's nearly inconceivable that two different people would have such similar and awful taste in movies.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:10 AM

I am rather surprised to hear that you've proven the Broughden/Sand connection.  I disliked Broughden as much as the next guy, but Sand didn't bother me all that much.  The reason I ultimately decided they couldn't be the same person was because I couldn't imagine Broughden being able to ever shut up about his (questionable) military and police experience.  Huh.  Good work on his part, I guess.

And WUA...come on people, that guy is hilarious.  He might be nasty as all fuck and a giant troll, but jesus christ he was funny.  And a talented writer.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #68 on: December 21, 2011, 12:28:43 AM

His ass problems are especially funny given this quote:

You are a kool aid drinking FUCKING MORON!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Die of flaming ass cancer you schmuck. No really, die.

I can't tell if he's angry or drunk from that post. But that was gold. And the emoticon completed the wtf.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 21, 2011, 01:33:21 AM

Google tells me he's trolling reddit these days.   If you haven't been initiated to Bruce, scanning his previous week's posts gives you a really good idea of what kind of a creature he is.   (wincest.. really?)

SirBruce was around before I found F13, but I did see his name pop up on reddit a while back and wondered if it was him. The guy was even SirBrucing all of his posts. Kinda funny. But not really. Like seeing Mr. Mxyzptlk show up in Hellblazer.

edit: Or, "gone" before I found F13, anyways. Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:35:52 AM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand).  
Jump to: