Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand). 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand).  (Read 35937 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 19, 2011, 02:31:17 PM

Sinij has been banned as a gift to Steam users and to generally support Steam.

Don't say I never did anything for you all.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Happy New Year.
-schild
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:37:41 PM by schild »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 02:32:38 PM

Like banned from the Steam forum or banned from the site?

Either way,  Thumbs up!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:33:02 PM

The whole site. Permaban. I'm not big on making bannings public, but this was community service, imo.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 02:33:26 PM

I'm sure he still has a rosy future as a poster on Lum's comments section.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:34:07 PM

He and Geldon can be the retarded stalker cumswapping duo for all I care.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:35:07 PM

Thank you Great Leader Schild!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:35:45 PM

I agree. I shall post my feelings on this in smiley form

Preban

Beating a Dead Horse Ohhhhh, I see. Beating a Dead Horse Mob Popcorn Tinfoil Hat Head scratch Argh!

Postban

Love Letters Yahoo! Rimshot

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 02:37:34 PM

Three people have asked me on Steam in the last 3 minutes what game I would want as my gift:

DO NOT BUY GAMES ON MY WISHLIST. I DO NOT WANT THEM. THEY ARE JUST THERE FOR THE VALVE GIVEAWAYS.

Instead, if you have Magic cards, you can send them to me. Yea, I just said that, again, in another forum and another thread.

Seriously, don't you fucking buy me a Steam game, I own 300 or something, I don't need more. In fact, if I win "every game" on Steam, I may ask if I can give it away on f13 because giving it to me would be stupid.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 02:46:42 PM

I have some 4th edition cards I've kept in plastic holders since 7th grade.

Any of those something you might want?

Just list some stuff you might need from that and I'll look.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 02:48:50 PM

Man, you really hated Sinij.

(are you sure it's 4th edition?)
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 02:49:39 PM

Why do you say that?

EDIT: I'll look when I get home.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:53:33 PM by Paelos »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 03:00:57 PM

So I guess my planned lobbying effort to unban windupathiest just so that he had someone to play with is now moot?
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 03:02:05 PM

The sinij ban was my own choice, completely independent of anything said by any staff member.

The Windupatheist ban had zero to do with me, but I didn't say no.

You putting the two together to create some shitstorm is just weird. But yea, while that may have been funny, it's sort of irrelevant now.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 03:05:26 PM

So I guess my planned lobbying effort to unban windupathiest just so that he had someone to play with is now moot?
He wasn't banned, he rage quite the forum (though I guess the stuff he said leaving probably also got him a ban).  Then again, he already did that once before!

Are 4th edition cards finally worth something?  I remember when I got in, that was the edition that was out (and what I got a bunch of) but none of them seemed to gain any value unlike all the alpha/beta/revised editions before it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:23 PM

I should really get my beta cards valued. I'm sure the basic lands aren't worth shit, but hmm....I have very few expansion cards, so 90% of my cards are unlimited or older. I have lots of black borders is all I'm sayin'.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 03:08:16 PM

They're not only worth nothing (4th edition), but there's nothing of note in the entire set, hence why I am having Paelos check. I don't actually care about the value of something if I need it. I do stupid things like riffle shuffle my Imperial Recruiters and foil 7th Edition Birds. I'll riffle shuffle a $4,000 deck, I don't care. 4th edition is just a unique snowflake in that I can't even trade any of it away if I wanted.

Slack, you're a lawyer, what are some Magic cards going to net you? You should really just donate it all to f13 and if I sell any of it it'll go to the server.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 03:45:31 PM

I agree. I shall post my feelings on this in smiley form

Preban

Beating a Dead Horse Ohhhhh, I see. Beating a Dead Horse Mob Popcorn Tinfoil Hat Head scratch Argh!

Postban

Love Letters Yahoo! Rimshot

I second this interpretation.  Thank you, dear forum leader  awesome, for real

Does this mean slog is 'on notice'?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:48:02 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 03:46:55 PM

The sinij ban was my own choice, completely independent of anything said by any staff member.

The Windupatheist ban had zero to do with me, but I didn't say no.

You putting the two together to create some shitstorm is just weird. But yea, while that may have been funny, it's sort of irrelevant now.
Shitstorm?  I wasn't serious.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 04:03:27 PM

They are in fact 4th edition, as I suspected.

I guess that means they are worthless.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 04:36:11 PM

He wasn't banned, he rage quite the forum (though I guess the stuff he said leaving probably also got him a ban).  Then again, he already did that once before!
No he was banned by me awesome, for real

Initially it was a temp ban for fucking up the Battleship thread and then it was a perma-ban when he decided to nuke the bridges.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 05:01:44 PM

I kinda miss WindUpAthiest, he was a pretty good shitposter.

Whereas Geldon was not.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 05:37:34 PM

I should really get my beta cards valued. I'm sure the basic lands aren't worth shit, but hmm....I have very few expansion cards, so 90% of my cards are unlimited or older. I have lots of black borders is all I'm sayin'.

Basic islands from beta can be worth a few bucks....  $4 an island per Anycraze.  If you want to check values, there are a few sites to do it at (anycraze.com or starcitygames.com, or Schild probably has a better link as he's an active trader).  Beta anything has some value as it is demanded by the crazy collector types.

Some sites/stores buy collections.  The problem is that you'll see a fraction of your value unless you piece it out yourself, or it's BIG stuff like Power Nine.  DON'T EVEN THINK OF LETTING YOUR KID/S PLAY WITH THEM IF THEY GET INTO CCGS.  I've seen more old cards get trashed, lost, or traded away for nothing than I care to comment on.

That being said, I've been sending my old stuff/non-nostalgia stuff to Schild as I'd rather it went to a good home then sat in my closet waiting for the day my water heater explodes or something.

On the other things:

I was kind of surprised that WUA came back after the first time he was chased away by the name change to "WindUpNutsack", but he was a solid and constructive poster for a while after his return.  I always get worried when noticeably worse behaved posters go away, as I can be an asshole for no particular reason for periods of time.

Honestly, next time make it a ban for dollars as a server fund-raiser.  I suggested it with Geldon, and I still think it's a good idea.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 07:13:18 PM

Now Broughden just needs to be banned and all will be right in the world.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:15:43 PM by MuffinMan »

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:03 PM

Man, Broughden was banned 2 years ago. He tried to get all his money back from the PayPal subscription and claimed that I gave him nothing. I showed PayPal the sign up page. They sided with me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 08:38:04 PM

Sand is now banned. I think Arthur Parker might have to turn his title over to MuffinMan now.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 08:53:16 PM

AP can be Internet Detective Emeritus awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 08:56:45 PM

Man, Broughden was banned 2 years ago. He tried to get all his money back from the PayPal subscription and claimed that I gave him nothing. I showed PayPal the sign up page. They sided with me.

Dear God, that may be the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 09:23:11 PM

When did this happen? I thought he was just taking a break. Link to post?

As for sinij, I guess he should have taken his own advice.

I never got into magic, so I don't have any cards. Sorry schild.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:58 PM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:57 PM

Ok, was Sand actually Broughden (like, you tracked him by IP address or something and know for sure)?  Or are we just running with the assumption?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:26 PM

I guess this is why I don't post in the politics forum or bother people on Steam?  Although, as someone who never visits the politics forum, I'm often clueless about why, exactly, people are getting banned.  C'est la vie.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 10:20:47 PM

It's best not to worry about it.   You'll get wrinkles.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:49 PM

Ok, was Sand actually Broughden (like, you tracked him by IP address or something and know for sure)?  Or are we just running with the assumption?
MuffinMan figured it out based on some info Sand posted.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:44 PM

So, what would be the cheapest way to get a small sized packet to you from Europe, Schild? I really don't think my old cards (started with Ice Age, quit soon afterwards) would be worth much of a postage, but if there is any way to get it to you for cheap they are yours.
schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:00 PM

Hit me up on Steam (we can find out relatively quickly if it's worth the postage).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Merry Christmas (sinij is banned) (and Broughden/Sand).  
Jump to: