Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453555 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1610 on: July 15, 2020, 11:07:32 AM

BV just feels too awkward to play. Gave up on it.

Block boy hit 93. Trying to craft a bleed/block staff to try that. I've yet to actually hit the "60% chance to do 100% more damage" craft with seeds. Feels like I need to go back to fossil crafting and hope I can isolate the mod. That'll be fun...

Tier 3 wild seeds are fucking brutal. Glad I leveled before taking those on.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1611 on: July 16, 2020, 05:43:05 AM

Yeah BV is shitty to play.

My chaosslinger is messing around with white maps right now just completing the Atlas. I can already see single target issues but the gameplay is smooth.

Mathil was playing a big dick Sunder build. I was messing around with Sunder a week or two after league start and it felt fun. Seems like he made it work with a good explodey chest.
Rasix

Reply #1612 on: July 18, 2020, 12:27:56 PM

Got a Bottled Faith drop off my first Cortex kill. Only died once. It's beneficial in that fight to just be tanky as all hell. The dps requirements aren't bad.

Now do I sell it or make a build around it? I don't currently have a crit based character. Hmmm.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1613 on: July 20, 2020, 07:11:32 AM

I saw an expensive RF/Exploding Chestpiece/Ash build the other day. Looked fun.
Rasix

Reply #1614 on: August 06, 2020, 01:11:41 PM

Finally hit 24 challenges for the cloak. I don't think I can hit 36, however. There's around 4 that I simply will not be able to do and a few more that would either be too long, too expensive, or just too difficult.

Leveling past 95 is just too awful. I suppose I could buy a bunch of tier 15 beachheads, but I really don't have the currency for that. It's not dying (my gladiator is really tanky), it's having to play extremely risk adverse and just how little exp you gain per hour even in juiced tier 16 maps.

I may be (close to) done. The amount of seeds I seemingly need to farm to change my current builds is just a bit too staggering. I used most of my remove/add resist crafts trying to get rid of shitty suffixes. I'm doing OK with gearing up a bladeblast assassin, but anytime I spend on that character is a time not getting the proper level of seeds farmed.  Ohhhhh, I see. I kind of want to see what this character can do at 90. The damage/playstyle is interesting and very fast paced as opposed to my gladiator.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1615 on: August 08, 2020, 07:48:22 AM

I was done a week ago. Just bored.

Been playing Last Epoch the last few days.
Rasix

Reply #1616 on: October 21, 2020, 01:21:45 PM

Sub 40c exalts this league. Yikes. No lifers (kinds that can run 30+ grand heists a day) are abusing the fuck out of grand heists and the trinket that converts some regals into exalts. This also stacks with the follower broaches that have a low percentage to double currency drops. They're using facetted fossils do copy grand heists with favorable reward layouts and pulling down more exalts than they know what to do with. Apparently there was also a huge bot ban wave that killed off the IRL exalt selling market.

If the above was nothing more than gibberish to you, I'd understand. This is a very specific abuse of the league mechanic that's torching the in game economy. Folks that play 8+ hours a day are probably pulling down hundreds of exalts daily.

League is also mostly stable now. It's not good per se, but at least it's not crashing as constantly or bugging out as much.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1617 on: October 21, 2020, 05:39:03 PM

The game has turned to shit.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1618 on: November 23, 2020, 05:13:34 AM

Ok so the after-league shit has been released.

Extra 3 weeks of Heist? Fuck that.

ENDLESS DELVE? WHY IS THIS NOT THE BASE GAME?? AND WE GET ONLY ONE WEEK??

I would love to just play endless delve forever. Base game is shit. Maps are shit.
Rasix

Reply #1619 on: January 19, 2021, 08:44:36 AM

New league is really quite lovely. Outside of the server instability, this one has been pretty bug free as well. Just started the Atlas expansion content. Good so far, but I can see how this is going to require a dedicated bosser. At least for me, I'm going to need to build a really tanky character.

My starter build is OK. I did a Cobra Lash Pathfinder. It didn't struggle, but it wasn't exactly fast. Didn't help that I stopped to do the Ritual content in every single zone. The low amount of life nodes on the right side means I probably will drop this one sooner rather than later. The one shots are expected when you're sub 4k HP at 79.

-Rasix
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1620 on: January 20, 2021, 03:12:52 AM

I've been enjoying the new league quite a bit. As a bonus I've been playing thru Geforce Now on Nvidia Shield and I've been pleasantly surprised as there's really nothing to complain about (the lack of copy&paste from browser for trading is a minus but I've stuck to SSF this league so far).
Rasix

Reply #1621 on: January 20, 2021, 10:24:23 AM

Switched to Toxic Rain. Maven arenas are just too awkward with the Cobra Lash. The damage also kind of feels like poop on Conquerors. So, now I have around 10-20 dead points that I need Regrets for. Yay. It's a decent build, I just don't think I enjoy playing it. I figure I'll play this Toxic Rain PF until I can get all of the Uber Trials done.

Man, it's great to have Harvest back. Really feels great to have it proc in a map. 10 storage slots is a bit small, but I'll manage.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1622 on: January 20, 2021, 03:30:44 PM

I'm still deciding whether I like Ritual but the Maven content is fantastic so far. Usually I hit an inflection point somewhere in yellow maps where I run out of uncompleted maps, run out of Conqueror-influenced areas, and run out of easy gear upgrades all at the same time, and I lose all my momentum. Now there's a Maven encounter and some new atlas skill points every handful of maps and the feeling of progression is just great. Some of the atlas skills don't feel as immediately impactful as they should, but that's fine. I'm sure they'll power-creep up there soon enough.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1623 on: January 22, 2021, 07:54:03 AM

I'm playing slow this league.

Started off with an Inquisitor spellslinger with lightning spell trying the new hydrosphere and the new 75 more speed/area node. I didn't like the mechanics of it so I rerolled.

Now I'm playing a melee wild strike elementalist, 4 golems, 3 heralds, mostly crit and it's really fun but I'm jsut about to clear act10 so god knows how it scales or if it sucks.

Really enjoy this league so far during the leveling process.
Rasix

Reply #1624 on: January 22, 2021, 11:18:20 AM

Ohh yah, I was super slow this league. But, I always get to maps really slow. Usually takes me the first 3 days of the league before I'm past Kitava. I did Ritual on almost every single zone, which contributed greatly to this. I didn't do Merc lab, but I was lvl 72 by the time I finished off Kitava. Usually I'm in the lvl 65-68 range. I also had a 5 link and nearly capped resistances, which is somewhat out of the ordinary for me.

Still only 3/6 uber trials. I haven't seen a single one for 2-3 days. I'm afraid that I'm going to need to go to global 820 to actually get this done.

Need to make a bosser. My current build might work but it puts way too much shit on the ground, and I'll need a lot of investment before it's sturdy enough not to one shot by endgame content. Plus the piano flasking that's part and parcel of being a pathfinder is not my thing. It gets tedious, but also it's nice to have auto regening flasks. If they'd auto trigger or require only a single button for a group, that'd be much better.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:20:31 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1625 on: January 22, 2021, 04:29:35 PM

I'm enjoying this league a lot, too. I like the Tribute mechanic of Ritual, even if the mechanics of Ritual itself are (surprise, surprise!) not really intuitive; the best strat for maps seems to be to rush to the boss and do the ritual there (if there is one) then work backwards so you get the extra Tribute from the boss multiple times.

My main is an Explosive Trap Saboteur; first time making it to endgame with traps, I think. Blew 100c on a Thread of Hope, still need another few hundred chaos for the rest of my build. I think I'm level 84ish, still working on white maps and taking my time to fill out the Atlas. Also futzing with Heist since it seems less of a buggy disaster than it did in it's own league.

Also have a frost blades toon that's going to be an Ice Crasher, once I get the Hollow Palm Jewel; playing that character in a duo with a buddy's miner.

How do you store things in the Harvest stash? I didn't really fuck with that league much.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

Reply #1626 on: January 22, 2021, 04:40:52 PM

Button to the left of the craft. You can place a Horticulture Station in your hideout.

Personally I just do the Ritual shrines as I find them. I can almost always afford what I want.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1627 on: January 22, 2021, 05:01:24 PM

For me, trying to game the tribute stuff isn't worth the time it takes: I'd make the same amount of tribute and more drops by just moving on to the next map. I haven't had good luck with tribute rewards anyway.

I've had great luck otherwise, though. Tabula dropped from a random mob in Act 2.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1628 on: January 22, 2021, 07:04:16 PM

Not sure I like the way wild strike is scaling in maps.

Thinking about hexblast something g maybe?  Dunno.
Rasix

Reply #1629 on: January 25, 2021, 09:37:40 AM

Skeleton mages are basically a laser light show. It's pretty wild. Damage is pretty nutty, but this new character is still in the acts.

This might actually end up being a build that works? I dunno. Going spectres or carrion golems may be better for bossing. I still need something for actually keeping mobs off me as this build takes a ton of gem slots so it'll be hard to layer defenses.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1630 on: January 27, 2021, 07:15:57 AM

I've been messing around with my own home brew. So after not like wild strike, I rerolled into a Chieftain RF build to pair with the Searing Bond totem but I didn't dig the play style but it might be a thing.

So I went back on to my elementalist and decided to try Static Strike CoC Hydrosphere with a slow 2H Staff. This build is fun but the static strike thing was slow bc of the slow weapon and I didn't end up liking the mechanics, but it's defintely something funny that you can play. The Hydrosphere is just all over the place. This thing would be more fun if SS didn't have such a short duration. A temproal chains reflection build might be a thing, but who knows.

So I swapped out Static Strike with Blade Flurry - CoC - HydroSphere - Phys to Lightning - Critical Strike Chance - Trinity with the Vaal sword with all the elements on it. It's pretty crazy. I just love watching the sphere bounce around and go boom. DPS probably sucks but I'm having fun. My issue now is that I can't unlock the different map regions. Still working on running T3's just to get into the corners of the Atlas. So I'm over leveled (82ish?) and I just blow everything up. Looking forward to testing this thing.

I'm thinking about scaling golems and their buffs. Since elementalist can now recast golems after they die, it might be worth scaling their buffs because there is no micro manage anymore. Probably going to pick up some more primordial gems, with the 30% golem buff increase and go from there. Already have 7 golems right now that do nothing but buff me. Their damage is dogshit though.
Rasix

Reply #1631 on: January 27, 2021, 11:45:52 AM

For damage, people are pretty much just running mass carrion golems. They were nerfed, but not nearly enough to matter. You add in stone for the regen, chaos for the phys reduction, and one of the other remaining for damage, and you've got a fast clearing and great single target army.  You could also throw in a host chieftain and carnage chieftain spectre for power and frenzy charge generation. Just make sure to link them to blood magic so they can spam their buffs. Quinn did some sort of ice crash 2hander ele build, but his builds are usually comically low on DPS.

Still running a mix of spectres and skele mages on the new necro. Shifting to just spectres once I can afford a 7link helm or +2 wand. Getting a Brother's Stash card helped with that. Also picked up a 6 link Astral Plate with 4 white sockets and +1 spectres for 125 chaos, which feels like a steal. Survivability on this so far is ass, but the DPS is very good. Maybe I can tweak this build and add in another defensive layer or two. Also finally got all of the goddamn uber trials done. Only took having an 88 and 79 to make it happen and I still had to get one off global 820.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1632 on: February 01, 2021, 06:55:20 AM

I'm still running my elementalist slowly.

Blade Flurry - CoC - Hydrosphere with Trinity/Crit Chance as support

7 golems and if I can snag an Anima Stone - 9. Running each golem I want the buff and a bunch of stone for the taunt. The clear is better than an explodey chest. Super fast and fun.

https://pastebin.com/40Hyvrvq
Rasix

Reply #1633 on: February 01, 2021, 08:23:54 AM

I am so bad at the Sirus fight. Die beam kept one shotting my spectres. I would do OK until that mechanic took out my dps.

Ohh well.  Time for another max block glad.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1634 on: February 02, 2021, 05:31:37 AM

Hitting a wall with my Explosive Traps Sab; I can gain XP and make good loot in heist, but T13ish maps are really pushing my shit in. I've got about 5ex worth of currency but there really aren't any big upgrades left for me that will get me over the hump. I'm debating either finishing the Ice Crash toon who is stuck in Act 8 or trying a CoC Bow build.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1635 on: February 02, 2021, 06:10:56 AM

Still playing my HydroFlurry build and I'm having great fun with it.

If I end up getting to another build, it'll probably be max block character of some sort or a trapper.
Rasix

Reply #1636 on: March 11, 2021, 08:34:06 AM

GGG just managed to piss off the entire (reddit at least) player base: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3069670

TL:DR Harvest crafting is too powerful, so we're nerfing the shit out of it. No more targeted annuls, no more targeted divines, and augment crafts will only work on non-influenced bases. Funny enough, this makes their newest chase currency, the Maven orb, nearly worthless. It's a 50/50 shot to brick your item.  Only good change is that Oshabi isn't a surprise encounter, you can summon her and not have to deal with crappy map mods making a dicey encounter even worse.

In the above crafting manifesto, Chris and the dev team sound like people that don't player their own game. Who the fuck actually wants to use an exalt slamming an item? It's not fun praying that you hit the .5% chance of not bricking your crafting project. This also puts high end crafting out of the hands of the normal player and good crafts will even more be limited to the people that make infinite currency (or buy it).  

Dumb change. I'm done spending money on this game for a while.

As for my builds? I'm not really liking my general's cry berserker. I'm too bad to play squishy builds. Ohh well.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1637 on: March 14, 2021, 06:36:34 AM

I was attempting to start a BV poison character but ran out of steam around level 40 or so. May pick it up if I get bored.

As for the whole Harvest thing, it's fucking hilarious. The devs certainly do not play their own game, Chris Wilson had to be fed answers to the League Q&A (few days before release) because he obviously didn't know what was being released in his own game.

Harvest crafting was the best for leveling. I loved making my own gear during a league start. But they took that away.

I loved harvest crafting at least in white/yellow maps but as of 3.13 you didn't have enough passives to reliably get Harvest so I never used it anymore. I never played enough in higher tier maps to make use of it. It seemed too rare to me to bother.

Their nerf doesn't really do anything for me because I will never really use it anyway because I don't play characters long enough to give a shit. But holy shit, do they not know how people play their game.

If actual LOOT dropped from fucking monsters in maps, no one would care about harvest to this degree. Harvest is the only way most people had clear progression for their characters once skill points slowed down. Once you hit level 85/90 the only meaningful way to make your character was praying for currency to drop so you can buy things from trade in the form of gear or clusters.

POE needs a few things to really get better:
1) Better loot drop system. The current iteration is fucking god awful and they know it too.
2) Different ways to progress your character other than gear at higher levels. The new map passives is a good idea. They need to expand on it.

The only reason I play this fucking game is because I love building characters. Path of Building and all the skill interactions is top tier. The rest of the game is garbage.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1638 on: March 14, 2021, 07:03:46 AM

It's probably foolish to dream but I really hope PoE2 features some kind of loot cleanup where less shit drops but the drops are of higher quality. Make it so that picking up and identifying rares is actually worth your time.

The harvest nerf I'm not a fan of but I could live with it, if not for the apparent rationale behind it. That line about closing your eyes and praying while using an exalt is just so hilariously out of touch. Exalts are currency you trade to get better gear, only the absolute 0.01% ever use them as anything but currency or benchcrafting. To say nothing of thinking chaos orb spamming is something anyone does when fossils and essences exist and are a million times more efficient no matter what you're trying to craft. Really makes you wonder how much they actually understand about their own game.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1639 on: March 14, 2021, 07:24:45 AM

The close your eyes comment is hilarious. We all have phones right?

POE2 is not coming out for a few years. There is a good chance the game will be half way to dead by that time. I have no confidence that the team knows what they are doing. There is a extremely good chance Last Epoch is pretty decent once it's released. It's a fun game right now except it doesn't have much staying power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1640 on: March 14, 2021, 07:25:38 AM

It's probably foolish to dream but I really hope PoE2 features some kind of loot cleanup where less shit drops but the drops are of higher quality. Make it so that picking up and identifying rares is actually worth your time.
I share this foolish hope; I want to use drops that I find, not play awful RNG crafting games like I'm in a KMMO. The easiest solution would be for items to just drop identified; that way, you could build a loot filter to look for only potentially good items. I'm sure we've all left a ton of expensive items rotting in maps because we're not IDing every single ring that drops or whatever. There's too much loot that drops, and far too much of it is shitty, for anyone to filter through all the chaff. The chaos and regal recipes are probably designed to mitigate this to a certain extent, but they just make the "post map selling" take so much longer and require a ton of stash space anyway.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1641 on: March 14, 2021, 07:36:35 AM

That's what Last Epoch does and it's glorious.

You can filter by stat/class/TIER of stat etc. It's pretty amazing. You can tailor your filter so that anything that drops is worth it to you.
Rasix

Reply #1642 on: April 13, 2021, 10:39:48 AM

New dev balance manifesto is out. All nerfs, baby. They're mostly spot on, although Champion seems to be dodging the nerf bat.

Won't know perhaps what's specifically dead until the patch notes are out.

Lots of QOL and reward rebalancing coming in for this one with a fairly unambitious league mechanic. Should be a good time.

-Rasix
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1643 on: April 13, 2021, 06:25:08 PM

I share this foolish hope; I want to use drops that I find, not play awful RNG crafting games like I'm in a KMMO. The easiest solution would be for items to just drop identified; that way, you could build a loot filter to look for only potentially good items. I'm sure we've all left a ton of expensive items rotting in maps because we're not IDing every single ring that drops or whatever. There's too much loot that drops, and far too much of it is shitty, for anyone to filter through all the chaff. The chaos and regal recipes are probably designed to mitigate this to a certain extent, but they just make the "post map selling" take so much longer and require a ton of stash space anyway.
I gave PoE a spin for about 2 days, and quite frankly the stash space thing straight up kills it for me.

The fact that you only have 5 inventory tabs, and everything else requires premium currency for which there is 0 ingame method to obtain it is crazy.  Especially with the fact that there is easily enough crafting and consumable materials alone to fill probably 2 of those tabs entirely.   Like, I get that this game is free to play, but jesus the inventory management system is bad.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1644 on: April 13, 2021, 06:32:00 PM

A currency stash tab and a premium stash tab together cost less than $15. The former will hold most of your consumables, the latter lets you trade with other players. Another $15 gets you a Map tab, which will make life really easy at endgame, and the rest are superfluous. They're also all on sale fairly often (once a month IIRC) so you can get them for even less than that. If you're not willing to shell out $30 on an ARPG I don't know what to tell you.

As a new player, what are you even trying to save in your stash? Spoiler alert: 99.9% of everything you find leveling up that isn't currency, is worthless.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: