Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453610 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1470 on: January 27, 2020, 04:56:58 AM

So I haven't played in 3-4 days but I got my mana guardian up to level 70ish. I've got basic gear but damn this shit is tanky as hell.

Damage is ok.

Apparently there are better spectres I can get from delve level 100 or some such.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1471 on: January 27, 2020, 06:58:44 AM

Necro kind of feels like cheating. It's just too good of a bosser.

Character link? I think I'm doing something wrong on mine.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1472 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:45 AM

Necro kind of feels like cheating. It's just too good of a bosser.

Character link? I think I'm doing something wrong on mine.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rasix13/characters?characterName=ok_doomer

Summon skeletons is the main DPS. This is pretty good for all content. Even if your zombies/spectres die, you can still keep spitting out skeles. Physical reflect maps kind of suck as your zombies will suicide continually and they're a pain to re-summon.

-Rasix
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1473 on: January 27, 2020, 08:40:55 AM

Make a Cyclone Summoner, that way you can at least pretend you have to work the mechanics.

Anyway, for no particular reason last night I decided to farm up Oni-Goroshi.

Three hours later to level four Scions to 7 on that first map, it shows up on my third or fourth run through at level 7. Uber-Hillock was something of a surprise, but now I have a sword that talks to me. There needs to be more things that talk to you. I think getting it that "fast" used up all of my luck for this league.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:48:53 AM by dd0029 »
Rasix

Reply #1474 on: January 27, 2020, 10:56:47 AM

Hey buddy, I cyclone.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1475 on: January 27, 2020, 12:19:28 PM

I almost played the cyclone build but picked the mana guardian.

You got an Oni in three hours? I think that's pretty good. I remember doing it once a while ago.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1476 on: January 27, 2020, 12:26:58 PM

The three hours was just to level the characters to drop range. Once I dinged 7, I only had to kill him three or four times. Crazy luck.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1477 on: January 27, 2020, 03:59:02 PM

It took me like 20 runs to get one back when it was new, before they nerfed the droprate to hell.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

Reply #1478 on: January 27, 2020, 10:22:33 PM

Got a Farrul's to drop. Now what to do with it? This is the first league where all 4 bestiary bosses have dropped for me.

The amount of RNG in spawning conquerors is starting to get to me. I'm burning through 10+ maps before the conqueror spawns and that's after getting the influence.

-Rasix
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #1479 on: January 28, 2020, 12:15:36 AM

The amount of RNG in spawning conquerors is starting to get to me. I'm burning through 10+ maps before the conqueror spawns and that's after getting the influence.

This is really the only issue I have with the new system. They need to slap some sort of bad luck reduction system on it where you've got a steadily increasing chance of getting a conqueror taunt until it's guaranteed. As is the deviation is ridiculous. Might take you 3 maps to spawn a conqueror. Might take you dozens.
Rasix

Reply #1480 on: January 28, 2020, 10:31:26 AM

Something is really off with their RNG in regards to all matters with maps. All Horizon orbs reroll maps into only certain other maps. I have sitting in a stash tab 7 blighted plateau maps compared to only one of another tier/variety. People are reporting extreme skews with shaper and elder guardian distribution.  Even after all of their attempts to fix organ distribution, a majority of people are still going to be starved for eyes.

/shrug

-Rasix
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1481 on: January 28, 2020, 11:06:56 AM

For spawning conquerors, the best bet really is running white maps. I have no clue why.

People say just open the map and kill the first couple of packs to see if you get the taunt, then back out if you don't. Not getting the taunt is so rare on influenced white maps that I don't even bother with the in and out. I might get something out of the map and they are really quick.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1482 on: January 28, 2020, 03:37:46 PM

So should I just alch and vaal red maps once, for Atlas completion, then run them white as necessary for Conqs?

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1483 on: January 29, 2020, 01:31:16 PM

You run reds to spawn the conquerors influen then run the area white - alch and go at your discretion - to spawn the citadel. Until you have all 32 watchstones, be sure to pay attention to where you should target to spawn watchstones.
Rasix

Reply #1484 on: January 29, 2020, 04:11:08 PM

Trying a max block bleed-quake gladiator. Kind of odd, but really tanky and pretty effective so far. Cheap to get started as well. Most I spent was on a shield. This thing could probably beat Sirus on less than 5ex.

Probably my last build. Necro can beat everything. This was easy to start by just respeccing my flicker strike champ.

-Rasix
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1485 on: January 29, 2020, 04:28:47 PM

My Oni Slayer is rolling along and is really starting to ramp up.  Playing with a legit non-Tabula six link from the beginning is really pleasant. As an added bonus, the duelist animation for leap slam is all kinds of goofy. I bounce everywhere just because.
Rasix

Reply #1486 on: January 31, 2020, 09:03:58 PM

Easy enough now to just level my gladiator on maps and proc bosses along the way. Switch to the necro and clear them all out.

Gladiator is missing some damage right now, but it's just obscenely tanky.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1487 on: February 05, 2020, 10:44:51 PM

OK, did my first uber elder of the league. Finally got the right shaper fragment to drop. 

And.. drumroll... he drops a double clarity (es conversion and mana cost) / wrath watcher's eye. This is probably a 50-100 ex jewel.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1488 on: February 06, 2020, 08:15:45 AM

I wish I had your perseverance to push through this game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1489 on: February 06, 2020, 08:55:50 AM

Me too, but I'd use it for good.  awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1490 on: February 07, 2020, 05:02:35 PM

I'm hitting a wall with my Scourge Arrow Pathfinder. I can do maps up to tier 12 effortlessly, but 14-16s I die every 2 or 3 maps which means I'm making 0 progress XP-wise. Took me a week to get from 91 to 92, with little hope of ever seeing 93+. I tried Sirus in a duo with an RL friend, but he was pretty underleveled and neither of us knew the fight. I got him down to about 5% before dying and called in a random to finish him with our last portal. I'd kinda like to try him again, solo, just to see if I can do it, but otherwise I'm not sure how much more of this league I've got in me. I've tried upgrading my gear, but I'm at the point where everything costs several Ex for a very marginal upgrade (or I just light currency on fire trying to craft something myself). I'm at 116/154, and 14/154 awakening. 1 more challenge gets me 24 for the weapon effect, that seems like as good as any a place to call it.

Rasix

Reply #1491 on: February 07, 2020, 07:57:51 PM

I'm hitting a wall with my Scourge Arrow Pathfinder. I can do maps up to tier 12 effortlessly, but 14-16s I die every 2 or 3 maps which means I'm making 0 progress XP-wise. Took me a week to get from 91 to 92, with little hope of ever seeing 93+. I tried Sirus in a duo with an RL friend, but he was pretty underleveled and neither of us knew the fight. I got him down to about 5% before dying and called in a random to finish him with our last portal. I'd kinda like to try him again, solo, just to see if I can do it, but otherwise I'm not sure how much more of this league I've got in me. I've tried upgrading my gear, but I'm at the point where everything costs several Ex for a very marginal upgrade (or I just light currency on fire trying to craft something myself). I'm at 116/154, and 14/154 awakening. 1 more challenge gets me 24 for the weapon effect, that seems like as good as any a place to call it.

If you got him that low in a duo, you can probably solo him. Unless your friend was an aurabot build, an additional person is just going to make it harder.  If you can post a pob or account link I can see if you're there or are lacking something. I couldn't kill him with a bow build. This guy requires some major defensive layers or for you to dance like it's WoW's Heigan.

This is a dangerous league. My necro is stuck at 93 due to being my bosser. My gladiator might hit 94 or 95 max. I still make a fair amount of mistakes and shit's dicey when you have to facetank everything.

Me too, but I'd use it for good.  awesome, for real

Imagine if I had a job I liked.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Sold the jewel for 45ex. Probably could have held out for 60-70, but I'm probably done with this league once I hit 36 challenges (34 now).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:04:56 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1492 on: February 07, 2020, 08:11:54 PM

If you got him that low in a duo, you can probably solo him. Unless your friend was an aurabot build, an additional person is just going to make it harder.  If you can post a pob or account link I can see if you're there or are lacking something. I couldn't kill him with a bow build. This guy requires some major defensive layers or for you to dance like it's WoW's Heigan.

This is a dangerous league. My necro is stuck at 93 due to being my bosser. My gladiator might hit 94 or 95 max. I still make a fair amount of mistakes and shit's dicey when you have to facetank everything.
Here's my profile page, I believe I set it so you can see my characters but if not, let me know. Airu is the one in question. I literally died as soon as we moved into his arena because I was all like "Oh is he in this swirling black death? Oh no he's not, death is in there," so I lost a life there. My duo partner died twice so that was 2 more portals. From there I got him down to 5% before dying (2 portals left), then died trying to get back to him because he fired his death beam in between two of the black death clouds and I had nowhere to run. So I called in help from some dude in chat because I didn't want to do all the bullshit to reactivate him. Did like 6 maps tonight but didn't even get any Conquerer taunts so I'm nowhere near fighting him again, meanwhile I'm still at 0% xp because of the random deaths.

Rasix

Reply #1493 on: February 07, 2020, 08:42:08 PM

Your gear seems fine. Since you're evasion based, it's going be rougher. If you're not at or above 6k life, you probably want to pump that. Might want to ditch Mirage Archer for single target, but I haven't read up on all the particulars of that build. Didn't you used to be Toxic Rain?

Might want to get a Dying Sun flask as it looks like you're only firing a single arrow. You can also get another arrow on your quiver for relatively cheap.

I tend to have to run a lot of maps for conqueror proccing. Seems to help if I'm not running a master mission.  undecided

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1494 on: February 08, 2020, 06:16:21 AM

I'm at 6.6k life; Sirus wasn't one-shotting me but metamorphs frequently do. I don't want to just skip them because they're good loot, but over half of my deaths come from them I'd say.

Multiple arrows don't really help Scourge Arrow, because the number of pods it makes is fixed. 2 arrows would each have 3 pods, instead of 1 with 6 which isn't really a big upgrade. I might have been leveling with Toxic Rain, but Scourge Arrow was always the goal.

Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1495 on: February 08, 2020, 10:50:30 AM

A helmet with - chaos res and a quiver with chaos multiplier seem like the most likely and least costly upgrades. The helmet should be easily spammable with some aberrants/pristines/prismatic fossils and a quiver with decent stats should be around 5ex if you get a trade alert for it and snag something slightly underpriced.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1496 on: February 08, 2020, 05:53:47 PM

Lucked out with a completely random alt/regal on a jewel. Second alt got tier 1 max life and elemental damage. Then the regal got a t1 all ele res. It was early, I wasn't really paying attention and almost vendored it before checking poe trade on a whim. Saw the 1.3-1.7, but missed the ex part. Almost vendored again before the desperate neuron finally caught my attention and I realized that something didn't look right. Checked again, noticed the ex instead of chaos this time. Sold it for 1.7 exalts. At this point, I realized I actually had a decent bank and some other cash in gear on another character I didn't enjoy. Now I have one of those Cast on Crit Ice Nova Assassins. Without the necessary gear, this thing is a train wreck as I figured out with just the cospri's. Once I sorted most everything else, this is a smooth and enjoyable mapper. After playing a necro, boss damage is comparatively low, but the clear is something else.

Fourth Sirius attempt was a failure though. Lost two portals to some bug where I didn't get out of the maze thing in time but didn't die. The game hard crashed here. Lost two more on derps with clouds. Final death was him doing his porting thing and I couldn't find him to figure out where to dodge from so I dodged right into the middle of the You Die beam. Go go red/grey/red readability.
Rasix

Reply #1497 on: February 12, 2020, 07:50:59 AM

I tried to finish crafting my gear but all I managed to do was burn through around 5-10 exalts worth of fossils and alterations, including some pretty awful exalt slams and low odd annuls. Seems like I used up all my luck crafting amulets earlier in the league.

So, I bought a Bottled Faith, The Saviour, a really nice foil, and an explodey chest for way too much. So far the build (repurposed my league starter) that I put it into is pretty bad.  awesome, for real The dps is awesome, but it doesn't have enough HP right now so everything blasts it. The Saviour is fun to mess around with and the interaction with a fast tectonic slam is neat.

In any case, that doesn't matter since my 2 other builds can do whatever. Just about done with the league, then it's time to play something else until 3.10.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1498 on: February 13, 2020, 08:31:01 AM

Things I loved about this league: Minimap icons for bosses. Metamorph fights on each map (yay loot explosion). The idea of the new atlas.

Things I didn't love: new atlas is better than the old atlas. Needs more QoL to make it more enjoyable. Ultimately it's way too much work to smoothly play. The atlas needs to work more like Delve, click and go if you have resources. The Atlas, Storage, Crafting and Using Maps all need to be on the same screen. I hate the inventory management of the whole thing. I have better thing to do with my time, like pick my ass.

Another thing I didn't love is the lack of real changes to the game. I love new leagues for new builds, new skills etc. The items added this time around were lackluster imo. Personal preference, but I want to see more fun interactions with skills. I guess I'll have to wait for POE2 most likely.

Rasix

Reply #1499 on: February 13, 2020, 11:46:42 AM

Seems like I can't play anything that isn't insanely tanky anymore. Stuff that's just supposed to take hits to the face doesn't do very well in this league. Either that or my lazy attempts to cobble together builds from previous ditched characters just ends up making shitty builds that I don't know how to play (strong possibility).

Obviously, I liked this league. However, I don't think any of it needs to go core. The visual clarity issues with metamorphs are to the point where I can't do it unless I'm playing a build that effectively ignores it (gladiator/necro). The new Atlas and how rewarding it is tier 14+ is good enough for me. They do need to heavily unfuck the RNG in it. It's way to easy to go 20 maps and somehow not get any influence is awful. It's so bizarre that I'm sure there's some sort of really obvious thing they fucked up. Plus the fact that horizon and harbringer orbs are completely bugged in a related "RNG is broken" manner makes it all the more glaring.

Challenges were super easy this league as well. I could easily get 38/40 as 2 of the ones I have left are just pure grind. "End Game Grinds" is probably out of reach for me and in like 7 kills I still haven't finished the Sirus achievements. I nearly had it 2 days ago but a die laser f'd it all up at like 10%.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1500 on: February 13, 2020, 12:28:37 PM

I do not like the changes to the Atlas at all; the whole system is overly complex and not explained well in-game at all. I'd rather just grind maps than have to fuck around with the stupid waystones to try to get my region at just the right level to potentially get good maps to drop. I like the Conquerer fights themselves (and Sirus, despite my lone attempt), but the metamorph mechanic isn't great because the balance was all over the place.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #1501 on: February 25, 2020, 09:52:11 PM

New league teaser is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fapKac1eA6Y

Not at all certain PoE actually needed a system that adds another 280 notables to the passive web, but I'm there for it. Guess this is kind of how they're going to sneak in changes to the passive tree they want to make for PoE2? Who knows.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1502 on: February 26, 2020, 10:05:34 AM

This is GGG just live testing pieces of new design that will be central to POE2.

I'll play the new league but it doesn't seem very interesting.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1503 on: February 26, 2020, 11:07:37 AM

I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with that type of build complexity if I am being honest. I have been playing PoE since the very beginning and I think they may have finally made it too complicated for me to enjoy.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

Reply #1504 on: February 26, 2020, 12:39:37 PM

Just build something that already works and go from there. It shouldn't be too bad. If anything this may help with some of the ridiculous traversal certain builds have to do in order to meet basic needs (ie dex character getting life).

First character is definitely going to be a max block something (or the vortex occultist I never roll) with just how rippy this league sounds like already. I'm kind of worried this is going to be a clear speed meta, which will benefit every asshole that can get a headhunter and leave the rest of us grasping for scraps (hello Legion).

This is GGG just live testing pieces of new design that will be central to POE2.

I'll play the new league but it doesn't seem very interesting.

Honestly, metamorph wasn't that interesting outside of the new atlas. Apparently they're updating temple, which will be a welcome change. I don't think I ran a single one all of metamorph.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: