Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453750 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1505 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:32 PM

Temple was fine when it was it's own league; when they popped constantly, it didn't matter if you got a bunch of shitty rooms because a new one is around the corner. With it being more rare, doing 12 fucking incursions and ending up with a bad temple due to RNG really sucks.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1506 on: February 26, 2020, 02:55:40 PM

Well now you end up with 100+ temple master missions at the end of a league due it not being worth running unless you're hunting double corrupts. Even then, it's still a shitshow of RNG.

BTW, you can block Sirus die-beams with a max block gladiator pretty reliably. It's kind of funny. You only really die to degens, being dumb, or really bad RNG.

-Rasix
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1507 on: February 26, 2020, 04:58:07 PM

They must have changed that, my max-block+ gladiola got assploded by the beams quite handily.
Rasix

Reply #1508 on: February 26, 2020, 06:28:23 PM

Hmm. I guess I could spawn him again and record it. I pretty much ate every die beam and only died due to jumping on a corridor laser (I am a badass).

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1509 on: February 27, 2020, 05:46:58 AM

I like the idea of the new passive tree thing. It makes builds more fluid which is an interesting twist as opposed to following a guide through the tree. However, it's probably going to be shit because it's tacked on to the existing tree.

Because of that, it's more likely going to force you to go around the edge of the tree to unlock the jewel slots for it, or the passives aren't going to be worth investing in.

The mechanic itself, the fog and all, looks fine. I mean who really cares? The game is about exploding a lot of mobs at once. It's not terribly interesting, just a lot of grey and FPS killing mechanics. The best part about metamorph was that you had one fight at the end of the map every time. It was fast and simple. AND you had a minimap icon leading you to mobs which was the best part of the league.

The end game needs to be better. The UI seems like it's a move in the right direction, but it still will need more. POE should take a page out of Wolcen's book. The expedition UI is essentially what POE needs in my opinion.

Also, the only thing worth playing in any new league, for the most part, is new skills/supports. We'll see if the new skills are interesting, so far the the blade explodey/animate weapon looks boring but the rune one looks kinda cool.
Rasix

Reply #1510 on: March 26, 2020, 02:17:59 PM

Both of my builds this league feel bad. For my Vortex CI build, I can't find trigger socketed spell enchant, so it feels clunky as hell. And I die if I stop moving.

So, now I'm playing a hollow palm technique champion. I tried infernal blow and that feels great for leveling through the acts and for clearing, but the single target was scaling for shit. So now it's cyclone and that kind of feels like poop. The AoE while unarmed is small and I can't say that the cyclone play style is really that fantastic. And I die if I stop moving.

As an added bonus, my luck dried up hard. I've got almost no currency. I might just stop playing this league I don't find a build that's somewhat enjoyable with this league mechanic. I do like the sense of challenge, but I don't like dying while trying to get into an Alva portal or when I need to pick up something off the ground.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1511 on: March 26, 2020, 04:43:07 PM

I got to maps with my Storm Brand toon but I'm just melting. Found 2 Ex, spent one on gear and it really didn't help much. I can do the low tier ones fine as long as I don't touch the Delirium mirror, but if I'm going to ignore the league mechanic I should just go play Standard. I was gonna reroll into an EQ Jugg because I just wanted something durable, but the DC server seems fucked and I lag like ass while connected to Texas. Might give it another go, but if the performance is still bad (thanks coronachan) I might just be done with the league.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1512 on: March 27, 2020, 08:03:32 AM

I tried an unarmed Cyclone, made it to maps, but it's just not fun. Part of it is shitty drops, part is as Rasix said how small the AoE is even with stuff to increase it.

Two toons to 70 so far, and not really feeling either.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1513 on: March 27, 2020, 09:36:35 AM

I got stormbind into yellows and the gamr crashes too much.
Rasix

Reply #1514 on: April 01, 2020, 10:58:47 AM

All of the herald notable abusing builds are getting significantly nerfed soon (thank god), they should still be fantastic, but might not be 30m DPS and invulnerable at the same time using whatever skill they want. This has driven people to try monk builds, so the goddamn boots I want keep getting more expensive.

Chieftain tectonic slam monk build is going OK. Only 5k life, so I get stomped pretty easily. I need to try to fit in some more defensive layers, but all of this delirium stuff is so damn tanky. I'm at like 400k/800k tool tip DPS, which means I'm well north of a million and stuff still shrugs me off like I'm tickling it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:30:04 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1515 on: April 01, 2020, 01:30:21 PM

Still playing stormbind when I have time. It's still a fun build.

I can shred yellows pretty well. Slowly working my way up. End game is always a mess. Need more watchstones i guess.

My build: https://pastebin.com/mjuMrTB9
Rasix

Reply #1516 on: April 01, 2020, 02:21:18 PM

Next patch has a bugfix for the problem with conquerors spawning in areas that have already spawned them pre-Sirus. That damn bug hit me at least 3 times. Pretty weird being at Awakening Level 2 and getting no watchstone before beating Drox.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1517 on: April 01, 2020, 04:32:26 PM

My atlas is shit. I have T9s but I'm stuck just finding all the maps.

I have like 5 stones though I think.a
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1518 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:29 AM

I hate trading and I need a bunch of white maps just for completion sake. If anyone has any of these laying around they don't care about, mind trading/donating them to me?

alleyways

ancient city
arena map
belfry map
cemetery map
dunes map
mesa map
overgrown ruin
primoridal pool
relic chambers
toxic sewer
waterways

arachid tomb
colonade
defiled catherdral
estuary
geode
plaza

arid lake
canyon
castle ruins
chateau
marshes
tower
tropical island
Rasix

Reply #1519 on: April 03, 2020, 11:00:19 AM

Yah, I'll check when I play next and just dump them in the guild bank.  You can also just spam any Zana missions you have left and check what she's selling. White maps are probably only going to cost you chance orbs.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1520 on: April 03, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

I've been unlucky.

Updated list, found a few:

alleyways

ancient city
cemetery map
dunes map
mesa map
overgrown ruin
primoridal pool
relic chambers

arachid tomb
colonade
defiled catherdral

geode
plaza

arid lake
chateau
tower
tropical island
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 11:42:23 AM by Draegan »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1521 on: April 03, 2020, 05:55:37 PM

Dumped a bunch from your list into the guild stash.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1522 on: April 04, 2020, 08:44:37 PM

Thanks. Melting red maps like butter.
Rasix

Reply #1523 on: April 06, 2020, 08:34:17 AM

Made a storm brand hiero. I wanted something that was going to be able to finish the Simulacrum. Just got to act X. Shit's pretty powerful, but managing a storm brand that costs 1800 mana is a bit of a chore. Also my first time playing brands. It's like totems that don't die.

Gearing this is going to be different. It's hybrid life/es with MoM. Not a lot of my current gear fits the bill, but I could borrow gear from my "monk". That character is on hold for now. May switch it to a different ascendency. Chieftains just kind of suck.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 08:49:44 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1524 on: April 06, 2020, 08:51:16 AM

I tried to convert my hiero stormbind to ES and it sucked.

I can go LL once I can six link my ivory tower. huge dps gain if I can.

Not sure If I feel like playing more on this build.

All the interesting builds require huge EX, with all the new cluster war cry or aura jewels.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1525 on: April 07, 2020, 09:20:09 AM

Went back to stormbind. https://pastebin.com/8ajV2fr0

Pulling decent dps numbers, I really need to 6L Ivory Tower because Chaos damage gets me every time. Then I can go LL + Auras.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1526 on: April 07, 2020, 10:02:45 AM

Pulling decent dps numbers, I really need to 6L Ivory Tower because Chaos damage gets me every time. Then I can go LL + Auras.

That looks like a pain in the butt. Although, I don't know if I have room to comment, I am playing a split arrow miner.

Edit: How did you level that before 28, and how quickly did you run over to Ancestral Bond on the tree?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:04:20 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

Reply #1527 on: April 07, 2020, 11:13:55 AM

You can put brand recall on your LMB and storm brand becomes somewhat of an autobomber once you get your brands out. It's pretty hilarious. You can just zip around with shield charge and everything auto dies.

I feel a bit shitty about choosing an overpowered cheese build, but Delirium is a bit rough in parts and the hollow palm build wasn't going to pan out with the route I had gone. And I'm not playing cyclone.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: April 07, 2020, 12:00:55 PM

That looks like a pain in the butt. Although, I don't know if I have room to comment, I am playing a split arrow miner.

Edit: How did you level that before 28, and how quickly did you run over to Ancestral Bond on the tree?

It's pretty simple to play. You drop totems like any other totem build. There is a slight delay to runes growing, but dropping two totems at once allows runes to show up quick-like. Then you just run around rune blasting. It's essentially instant so there is hardly a delay when you cast it. The screen explodes when you do.

Key Aspects:
You need enough AOE so there is enough overlap. This allows for 9 explosions if you have a boss surrounded by runes. I don't know what the minimum threshold is. If I can get an awakened area of effect gem, my radius is nearly 40.
You need to keep moving.
Arcane Cloak is disgusting
Get enough of a base build and grow your build through crit multi.
You can't do reflect mods. The damage that is being done is considered to be DONE BY YOU! So on crit/on kill/leech works like any other spell.

Ancestral Bond isn't necessary in my opinion but it's nice. I like being able to have two sets of totems with Delirium mobs all over.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1529 on: April 07, 2020, 12:02:06 PM

You can put brand recall on your LMB and storm brand becomes somewhat of an autobomber once you get your brands out. It's pretty hilarious. You can just zip around with shield charge and everything auto dies.

I feel a bit shitty about choosing an overpowered cheese build, but Delirium is a bit rough in parts and the hollow palm build wasn't going to pan out with the route I had gone. And I'm not playing cyclone.

I started building an ED Trickster last night, but ended up going back. I only hit Act 5 or whatever.

I might just try that storm brand build though before the league ends. Seems fun.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1530 on: April 07, 2020, 12:59:10 PM

I'm also seriously considering using a flask macro because fuck this game design.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1531 on: April 07, 2020, 06:21:28 PM

Rwsix are you using a specific guide?
Rasix

Reply #1532 on: April 08, 2020, 08:53:25 AM

Rwsix are you using a specific guide?

No, I'm pretty much just aping builds on poe.ninja. I'm doing the hybrid life/es MoM variety that uses Cloak of Defiance. It was able to clear a lvl 82 Syndicate hideout at lvl 73 and Desert Springs at lvl 77. Outside of my 6 link, the gear isn't anything special.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rasix13/characters?characterName=DudeYerGettinADel

edit:

Similar to https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2793186 but I do some things different.

I would really recommend you get the Seeker Runes, Grand Design, and maybe Holy Conquest or Brand Loyalty cluster jewel notables.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:21:08 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1533 on: April 09, 2020, 04:53:45 AM

I've decided to play a glacial hammer build because I hate myself.

Also, I want to use it to farm up more currency for some of the more expensive builds.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1534 on: April 09, 2020, 03:29:43 PM

I'm having a hard time sorting out the transition to shield/ES on storm brand. The gear gets so specific with ES setups and its expensive. Right now I'm just durdling around making almost no progression playing through white maps and occasionally checking trade to see if any deal jumps out. Its not NOT-FUN but its not exactly exciting.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rasix

Reply #1535 on: April 09, 2020, 03:40:35 PM

Hybrid life/ES MoM really isn't hard to gear up for. Still has respectable damage and survivability.  6 link Cloak of Defiance is 2.5ex now that Ivory Tower is so popular, and that's the most expensive piece you'll need.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:44:05 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: April 10, 2020, 05:19:54 PM

There is a good video guide for the atlas by some guy named badger that's worth a watch.
Rasix

Reply #1537 on: April 11, 2020, 11:57:05 AM

Sirus down. Umm.. they really made some interesting changes to this fight. I’m not sure if I ran into some bugs or if they really want this fight to be quite so damn punitive and random. He literally phased like 8 times. There were 2 spinning lasers at the same time. I got teleported off screen into the maze.

It’s just really kind of fucked up. This fight should not exist. It just doesn’t make sense, especially in the last phase.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1538 on: April 12, 2020, 02:16:44 AM

I've decided to play a glacial hammer build because I hate myself.
I did that last league. It was less terrible than I expected, but I play bad builds exclusively so my bar is real low.

Get the gloves that triple your effective damage for ailments and you'll be freezing map bosses easy peasy. It's actually annoying against bosses that phase because you have to stop hitting and wait around for them to unfreeze before the game will let you continue doing damage.

Metamorphs, on the other hand, are immune to freeze and shat all over me, which kind of ruined the experience (meanwhile my build this league can perma-stun metamorphs but not yellow map bosses; I don't get it). I don't know if Delirium bosses are freezable or not but you may want to check on that if it matters to you.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1539 on: April 12, 2020, 04:42:15 AM

It's ok I already gave up on him because the boss damage was meh. I also didn't feel like buying a 1 ex neck for him.

Decided to play a meta Blade Vortex poison build.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: