Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:33:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 43748 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 12:53:52 PM

Some of the orange gear I got says "Forbidden to light1 and above" instead of "Requires dark1" so it's essentially neutral.  I'm going to hoard any orange gear I get just incase I flip or go neutral.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 01:04:35 PM

Some of the orange gear I got says "Forbidden to light1 and above" instead of "Requires dark1" so it's essentially neutral.  I'm going to hoard any orange gear I get just incase I flip or go neutral.

I've seen that as well. However, I'm no SWTOR itemization expert and couldn't tell you if that means there is high-end gear in this "forbidden" bracket, or if that's only lower level stuff. It's still possible high end "affinity gear" is better than anything you can get if you're neutral.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 01:10:20 PM

I got a green saber crystal that says forbidden to dark 1 and above so there is more than just orange gear with it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 05:53:10 PM

Note some of the gear which says "forbidden to X" does that as result of mods placed inside. E.g. a lighsaber with red crystal (that's forbidden to light 1+) will say it's forbidden to light 1+ as well, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean the lightsaber model itself can't be used by light 1+ character, once you pull the offending crystal out.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 23, 2011, 08:27:04 AM

Cantina romances are in...

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 24, 2011, 06:30:50 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 05:46:26 AM

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 06:26:36 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #78 on: January 16, 2012, 02:21:40 PM

Today's Penny Arcade seems oddly familiar to me somehow:

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 02:24:18 PM

I don't know what you're talking about.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 04:26:35 PM

Whom is playing Gabe and whom is playing Kara in your version?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 04:33:43 PM

While I did not get jealous when Ingmar flirted with Random Female NPC (HE got mad when I'd win a roll where he had a [flirt] option, though why so serious?), I did relentlessly tell him what a terrible Jedi he was for nailing his padawan.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:57 AM

I would seriously love to be a fly on the wall in your home one day.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 18, 2012, 04:41:55 AM

If there's a flirt option I'll willing pass on the roll.  I'm not getting in the way of anyone's space booty.

Speaking of flirting, I know I'm a bit biased, but are almost all the options for women unappealing?  The first guy I even considered decent enough to be worth my time was on Alderaan, and that was part of the Inquisitor storyline.  Everyone else has been scum of the galaxy types.  Playing with a male character in a duo they're getting to mack on females who don't make me want to stab them as my first thought.  Not necessarily nice or sane, but not "You, out the airlock.  Now!" levels of eye-gouging either.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #84 on: January 18, 2012, 05:01:49 AM

Depends on your opinion of Captain Quinn as a Sith Warrior, I suppose.  He's the only companion I've seen that I can't imagine women not wanting to airlock.

Do BH females even get a romance option?  If it's Galt.. wow.. sorry 'bout your luck.  Torian seems too much on the "kid" side of things to be any sort of comfortable option.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #85 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:53 AM

Skadge.

ACK!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:26 AM

Depends on your opinion of Captain Quinn as a Sith Warrior, I suppose.  He's the only companion I've seen that I can't imagine women not wanting to airlock.
Boot-licking, unthinking, Imperial lap-dog.  I didn't even want him on my ship.  Not worthy of a good airlocking though, this is true.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 18, 2012, 07:51:58 AM

I'm surprised you're having a difficult time finding an appealing male partner.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 18, 2012, 08:00:23 AM

I said I might be biased. tongue

The options aren't even people I'd consider having around as friends.  Nor am I speaking of just companions.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 18, 2012, 08:13:13 AM

What's not to like about Khem Val?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #90 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:32 AM

My SW is hardcore Sith Empire all the way and appreciates the Toadying and obsequious behaviour of Mr. Quinn and wishes Vette would know her damn place.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:43 AM

The options aren't even people I'd consider having around as friends.  Nor am I speaking of just companions.
I've gotten a bit tired of the gloom of the Empire that people so prefer, all the red and black and eeeeevil crap.

Playing my JC has been soothing and relaxing, it's probably my favorite at least through the Prologues I've played through (BH/SW/SI/JC/JK).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:25 AM

Do BH females even get a romance option?  If it's Galt.. wow.. sorry 'bout your luck.  Torian seems too much on the "kid" side of things to be any sort of comfortable option.

It's Torian Bieber.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 18, 2012, 11:31:53 AM

This page needs more pics  Ohhhhh, I see.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #94 on: January 18, 2012, 04:23:55 PM

I would seriously love to be a fly on the wall in your home one day.

It's probably more entertaining to hear about here, to be honest.  why so serious?

As for appealing dudes, I am a big, big, big fan of the scoundrel-y manwhore type (not so much in real life, mind you), so a lot of the dudes I get to flirt with as my smuggler (that AREN'T FUCKING CORSO WHITE KNIGHT RIGGS) make me happy. From what I hear, Doc (JK companion) will also please me in that regard. I only just met Andronikus as my manquisitor, he sounds too much like Oghren for me to consider. Lt. Boyfriend is boring, but nice enough. And since my consular is also boring, it's an adequate match.

They have generally seemed to go out of their way to make sure there are a wide variety of "types" for people, it just sort of sucks when the class you're playing is stuck with a type you cant' stand. There are women out there who think Corso is fucking awesome. I think those women are insane, but I don't really doubt they actually find him appealing. There are also ladies (often the same ones, I suspect) who think Doc is nothing but a slimeball. Meanwhile I am despairing because he is still SO FAR AWAY for my lady JK.

Meanwhile, there are female love options I think are 100% gross/unappealing/terrible/annoying that I know dudes are hot for. I find Kira nails-on-chalkboard-annoying. Ingmar actually likes her. Go figure!

EDIT: Oh, and I would indeed pass on [flirt]s for Ingmar, it was just ONE TIME I didn't remember he HAD a flirt option there and accidently cockblocked him. He didn't really miss anything, the line is just asking the lady out for dinner and her being open to the possibility, THE END.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:29:36 PM by Sjofn »

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #95 on: January 18, 2012, 04:42:01 PM

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 18, 2012, 04:57:32 PM

It really is part of the fun of MMO's though. Once content is introduced the players will react to it in extreme and interesting ways. Taken as a crowd it's an amazing machine for optimisation and exploitation of any weakness.

Although in this case it sounds like the flaw was identified and reported on the test server, so it's just the developers not realising that a persistent game is very sensitive to exploits and imbalances.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 05:29:38 PM

This scene still makes me laugh every time I see it.  Not just for the over the top hutt statue but for the girls dancing around in what appears to be urine.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30:09 PM

If your urine is that color, see a doctor.  ACK!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #99 on: January 18, 2012, 07:10:51 PM

Or you take b-complex pills.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #100 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:37 PM

What a class.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:48 AM

Or you take b-complex pills.

Personally, it would be greener... Like lemon/lime Gatorade. But yeah, That pic made me say the same thing.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #102 on: January 19, 2012, 04:30:53 AM

You all fail at the understanding of the relationship between a liquid's color and the depth of said liquid.

Also:
Same tone and at 30-36" deep with ambient light vs. through-lights to give it a darker shade would be of similar color.   Geez.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #103 on: January 19, 2012, 04:41:39 AM

This is now a truly jumentous thread. Mine is generally the colour of a good Chardonnay although without the refreshing bouquet or lively spritz on the tongue.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 19, 2012, 04:43:15 AM

Mine is generally the colour of a good Chardonnay although without the refreshing bouquet or lively spritz on the tongue.

How, exactly, do you know how it tastes?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread  
Jump to: