Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:26:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread  (Read 43706 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 10:50:50 AM

I've always been planning to play this game, probably a month or so out the gate of course,  I've no doubt I'll get the box price out of it at the very least.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 10:53:03 AM

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried going for lots of gear with Presence on it and seeing how much of a difference it makes to yours pet? Actually, is there much gear with Presence on it along with other stats that would benefit your character?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 11:33:40 AM

So basically, all classes are pet classes and you will still need to LFG at high levels. That sucks.

I know you're a giant douchetroll, but I still don't understand what you were expecting here. 

All classes are not pet classes.  Every class operates independently of their companion.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 11:36:49 AM

Can you tank, heal and make sure your companions are attacking the same target?
So folks who played pet classes in other games have a slight advantage, I guess. Directing a pet around is a skill, even if these guys make pets from other games look a bit one-dimensional.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 11:47:01 AM

So basically, all classes are pet classes and you will still need to LFG at high levels. That sucks.

I know you're a giant douchetroll, but I still don't understand what you were expecting here. 

All classes are not pet classes.  Every class operates independently of their companion.

I'm not trolling here and you're being obtuse.  Whether every class in this game needs a pet to solo or be effective, every class in this game still HAS a pet.  If you can't effectively run high end stuff with them as though they were another player then they are just there for an added bit of dps/healing or tanking. Thy are in fact pets like in every other mmo.  An eq necro or enchanter could solo just fine without ever using their pets, but they were still pet classes.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:50 AM

You don't need to use your companion, it will just be tougher on you at times. 
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:00 AM

Early on at least you pretty much have to use your companion to get past any gold elites, unless you wait and outlevel them by a bunch I suppose.  But that doesn't bother me personally since I like the whole companion system.

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 11:54:12 AM

Don't get me wrong I will use my companion whenever possible.  You just don't have to.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 11:57:13 AM

I'm not trolling here and you're being obtuse.  Whether every class in this game needs a pet to solo or be effective, every class in this game still HAS a pet.  If you can't effectively run high end stuff with them as though they were another player then they are just there for an added bit of dps/healing or tanking. Thy are in fact pets like in every other mmo.  An eq necro or enchanter could solo just fine without ever using their pets, but they were still pet classes.

Yes companions act like a pet in any other MMO, but the classes aren't pet classes.  No one is defined by their companion.  There is a difference here.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:38 PM

I teamed up with another Sage and we tried to do Hammer Station duo.  We managed to finish of most of it (and found a level 50 pants, heh) but the nature of the last fight made us give up.  We were slightly over the suggested levels.  That loss may have been due to fight mechanics because the boss guy kept leashing and healing.  We WERE able to beat the multiple gold named guys by spreading them out.  Tough but possible. 
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 12:55:40 PM

Cool, they patched in teh gay?  why so serious?

Sweetie, no self-respecting friend-of-Dorothy would be seen anywhere in mismatched gloves and shoes. But I think they took out the chest coordination button because it also changed the color of your lightsaber, and, as everyone knows, matching *everything* is worse than not matching your accessories. The only class that can get away with it is the Booty Bounty Hunter because he's well, you know, flaming.

And that background chick looks like a meth'd up tranny mess.

You are awesome.  Thumbs up!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 12:34:58 PM

So, let's try and balance out the picture to post ratio here.

What I'm sure all of us will be doing Tuesday morning...

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:06 PM

Not enough in-game shots to load up a thread yet. Or shall we start an image association game in the thread?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:28:47 PM by Sobelius »

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 12:32:01 AM

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 09:56:48 AM

Walkers. With sunglasses. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 16, 2011, 09:57:20 AM

lol.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: December 16, 2011, 10:19:04 AM

I hadn't actually seen a screenshot of the game. But it's absolutely amazing that this long after SWG they managed to make a game that looks like SWG with updated shaders.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 16, 2011, 12:14:56 PM

From the forums:

Guy kills mob. Mob falls to unreachable place. Mob taunts him with big purple loot middle finger.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 12:31:30 PM

Thaaaaaat sucks.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:41 PM

That's what he gets for being an elitist early accesser trying to take all of the purpz.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 12:35:35 PM

That's what he gets for being an elitist early accesser trying to take all of the purpz.

Well played, Sir.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 02:21:10 AM

Took this screenshot shortly after starting my new Jedi character....

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 06:01:10 PM

These NPCs were standing here in Tattooine in this position.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #58 on: December 19, 2011, 07:47:42 AM

There are a number of those kind of little flavor set pieces all over...and some (like that one) are daaaark.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: December 19, 2011, 09:37:21 AM

There's a number on Nar Shadaa, too.   If I had my new rig I'd take a picture but it will look like shit w/ this one since everything's on low.

Someone get a picture of the golden shower girls at the hutt statue on the Promenade.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2011, 10:19:47 AM

There is a Wookiee winning a chess match VS. a droid on Hutta in the cantina. You can tell, because the droid is missing arms.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2011, 02:37:57 PM

There is a Wookiee winning a chess match VS. a droid on Hutta in the cantina. You can tell, because the droid is missing arms.

You mean the Wookiee is losing or lost ;)

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 04:59:47 AM

awesome, for real

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 20, 2011, 05:32:16 AM

Image size fail.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011, 01:54:14 PM

Luckton, please. You'll poke someone's eye out with those. Please practice safe image linking.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 02:01:04 PM

Well it looks fine on my 30"  tongue  DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 20, 2011, 02:09:11 PM

Well it looks fine on my 30"  tongue  DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?

Size queen. :p

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 21, 2011, 03:06:55 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 11:56:12 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 12:20:45 PM

My own alignment is a mess. At 19th level, I believe I'm at a net of +100 lightside. Here's hoping for that Neutral gear they said may come...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Awesome/Funny Pictures Thread  
Jump to: