Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  (Read 204295 times)
caladein
Terracotta Army

on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:43 AM

Pretty sure we can just run one of these for all LOLSTORY discussions.  Onward to page 2... of the thread list!

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:38:03 PM

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:02 AM

I kept hearing the Consular story was poor, but I kind of like it. It's hard to make a proper jedi interesting (they're basically shit happens let's all try and be calm types. Boooring. Every movie plot jedi was a SHIT jedi, order rules wise), but I think they did a great job of letting me be both humble and compassionate.

Smuggler line is goddamned AWESOME though. It's just the right mix of hilarious and serious/pissed off.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 08:11:54 AM

Bounty Hunter - one of those class quest lines...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:14:53 AM

Sith inquisitor starter planet spoilers, near the end:

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:48 AM

I played the agent story line up to getting to the fleet. For a secret undercover agent picked for your ability to be autonomous, you had your hand held tighter than a mother leading her toddler across a parking lot.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:25:34 PM

This isn't particularly spoily, because I am going to be vague:

The inquisitor starting companion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> consular starting companion. Also everything that comes out of my inquisitor's mouth is solid fucking gold.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 06:23:45 PM

The inquisitor starting companion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> consular starting companion. Also everything that comes out of my inquisitor's mouth is solid fucking gold.

FemInquisitor is indeed the best. In the first fifteen seconds she's goddamned awesome/hilarious.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 09:24:07 PM

Manquisitor for life, baby. He is (also) a huge snarky bitch, and I lurve him.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 10:30:41 PM

I made it up to Nar Shaddaa on an Imperial Agent and up to getting my ship on my Inquisitor. I liked the Inquisitor story a lot more.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 10:43:18 PM

Speaking of Nar Shadda, I really enjoyed that planet. I'm ... not entirely sure why. But I did!

Vague Nar Shadda Consular Spoilers, I guess:

Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 04:16:33 AM

Adding another BH one to the mix since I just finished the class line on Kaas:

edit: fail spoiler, -50 dkp.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:10:19 AM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 04:52:33 AM

Funny, I hated Khem and found him an much weaker tank than Qyzen.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 04:57:53 AM

Hey, back off of Khem. You try to tank in a loincloth, see how that goes for you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:59:33 AM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 05:02:57 AM

I will not.  If you are going to act all badass and talk about eating masters and shit you better back it up.  Oh, you are weakened right now?  How about you shut your cake hole then?  Also, the real problem with both is the jibberspeak while you are out smashing stuff. 
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:08 AM

Khem rocks out force armor. Of course, I called him Crackle since that is all he seems to do. Updating his armor with some drops helps tremendously as well as giving him a new weapon. I outfitted him with DK comms gear and he worked much better. Still, there was that bug with tanking companions having no armor bonuses or something to that effect.

and...

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 10:51:58 AM

Khem seems stoic and pissy, which is okay for his theme.

Qyzen is just really fucking annoying with his constant scorekeeper nonsense, and the entire reason he's with you seems reaaaaallly sketchy for a jedi to go along with to me.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:50 AM

FemInquisitor is indeed the best. In the first fifteen seconds she's goddamned awesome/hilarious.

"I still pretty much don't care." is another great, Saharan-dry delivery, one liner to that twat of a soldier who begs for  her help. Utterky impassive evil. I love it.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 11:18:34 AM

Double-post delete

Facepalm
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:24:57 AM by VainEldritch »

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:23 AM

I am not sure you can consider either companions reason for hanging around with you especially compelling.  You beat Khem in a fight and he spends the rest of the game screaming about eating people AND he swears revenge on you?  Qyzen lost his honor and considers you the herald of his deity because you rescue him?

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 11:22:15 AM

I am not sure you can consider either companions reason for hanging around with you especially compelling.  You beat Khem in a fight and he spends the rest of the game screaming about eating people AND he swears revenge on you?  Qyzen lost his honor and considers you the herald of his deity because you rescue him?

That is nut-sack simple but accurate.

I think Khem finds you interesting - and convenient. He's in a new world, and maybe he sees more of his old Master in you that he lets on, either to you or to himself.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 11:31:43 AM

Companion motivation chatter:

So for which is better mechanically, Qyzen seems to outdamage Khem. Khem gets some life drain stuff going on, but I'm not sure how much it really matters.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:05 AM

The point being that saying one of those stories is somehow superior and the other nonsense is baffling.  Why would you travel with a thing THAT WANTS TO EAT YOU?  The intention in this system is having companions with ideas and motivations that might not jive with what your own character believes, that's why.  
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:57 AM

I kept hearing the Consular story was poor, but I kind of like it. It's hard to make a proper jedi interesting (they're basically shit happens let's all try and be calm types. Boooring. Every movie plot jedi was a SHIT jedi, order rules wise), but I think they did a great job of letting me be both humble and compassionate.
The male voice actor is so good in that role, at least following the light side path. And for release, I'll have to use the same avatard as I did in the 367 weekend, since that's what the voice is connected to in mah brain.

I liked Qyzen, he reminds me of my SWG character Sarsippius. Pez, not because you rescue him, but because you show him the path to return to honor and rack up a good score. I thought it was pretty well done.

I hope the Knight at some point gets a companion who is down with the dark side. T7 just didn't like me, and Kira likes my snarky replies, but not my habit of chopping people up and being generally unhelpful on unimportant (as I see them) missions. If it doesn't have anything to do with destroying the Sith Empire, it's a waste of his time!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:32 AM

Quote from: Sky

I hope the Knight at some point gets a companion who is down with the dark side. T7 just didn't like me, and Kira likes my snarky replies, but not my habit of chopping people up and being generally unhelpful on unimportant (as I see them) missions. If it doesn't have anything to do with destroying the Sith Empire, it's a waste of his time!

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

Adding another BH one to the mix since I just finished the class line on Kaas:

edit: fail spoiler, -50 dkp.  swamp poop

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 03:41:00 PM

The point being that saying one of those stories is somehow superior and the other nonsense is baffling.  Why would you travel with a thing THAT WANTS TO EAT YOU?  The intention in this system is having companions with ideas and motivations that might not jive with what your own character believes, that's why.  

Because for now, he'll eat other people for me. In theory. Really, I just like that I can go "fuck it, Khem, could you eat this motherfucker?" in exasperation. Qyzen doesn't even have that going for him.

And put me down for liking the consular story (what I saw, anyway). The male voice actor is very good. Fordel hates the lady one, I am hoping he's just being too hard on her, the little I played of a female consular didn't put me off, though. He hears "bored," I hear "mellow." They're just mellow in general, both of them. Which makes spiking a huge rock off someone's face all the more satisfying.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 03:59:12 PM

Trooper Companion Overview (In order of Appearance!) :

STOP READING SJOFN, GO AWAY! SHOO!

The First -

The Second -

The Third -

The Fourth -

The Fifth -

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 04:02:51 PM

FINE BE THAT WAY

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 04:19:24 PM

FINE BE THAT WAY

GO AHEAD, ROOOOOIIIN THE STORY FOR YOUR SELF. I WASH MY HANDS OF IT!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 04:30:36 PM

I might, just because I know trooper is going to be one of my last classes to play through, and it seems rude to expect people to maintain radio silence on stories THAT long.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 05:12:47 PM

I eagerly await the first fake story spoiler in the guild motd.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:37 PM

Satele kills Dumbledore?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:45 PM

I eagerly await the first fake story spoiler in the guild motd.

I await the one people think is fake but is actually 100% legit.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 06:57:54 PM

Satele is your father.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Storylines (Annotate your spoilers!)  
Jump to: