Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [EVE Online] Bat Country Recruitment Thread 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [EVE Online] Bat Country Recruitment Thread 2012  (Read 58845 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 08, 2011, 02:15:00 PM

Endie: I have no desire to play EVE. But I have to offer a tip of the hat for yet another fabulous and entertaining recruitment post. Bravo, sir!

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 02:17:52 PM

Indeed. I'm not really tempted, but you get an A for effort.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 02:18:36 PM

What's your space name, Ghambit?

"Siulung"
Looks like I have an old jump clone where all my stuff is. hehe... aaannnd we dont own that space anymore (ava memorial now?).  nice.  Seems the russians have taken over.   awesome, for real   Wow, I thought all my stuff got spaced.  It's still out there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:22:04 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:29 PM

They just added additional 5% tracking to Railguns and 5% damage to Blasters ontop of the planned changes if you haven't caught the drift yet.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:03 PM

This.  I  Heart EVE from a concept point, on paper, and looking at it from the outside.  But every single goddamn time I get in, I feel like my time would be better spent pounding sand.
That's why you should join Bat Country and GSF, where other people take care of the sand pounding for you. awesome, for real

Honestly, I wish I could contribute to this thread, but I think everyone else has basically said what needs to be said. The only thing I can really add right now is that the cloud ring and fountain wars have been some of the best times I've had in EVE, to the point of being logged in and doing thangs from I got home till I went to bed. I don't even really have to grind up isk, and I definitely do not need to do so once I started joining the GSF Crack Finance Team, where we can literally make bank by even threatening to play with a market.

And, with the plethora of subcap changes that are coming very very soon, it's looking better and better for subcap pilots as well. In fact, with the tier 3 battlecruisers, I'd say it's looking awesome, and I doubt you'll find a better place to be. That is, unless you're one of those people who play eve online with nothing but a super serious face on, and you don't suffer fools easily, because if there's something we do, is goof around.

Having said that:

z
r

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 02:49:03 PM

They just added additional 5% tracking to Railguns and 5% damage to Blasters ontop of the planned changes if you haven't caught the drift yet.

So they finally admitted railgun tracking is retarded?   5% sounds kind of weak though.    Is there a dev blog about this latest change?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 03:01:06 PM

Can any of you guys that are playing comment on the current status of PvP?  Is it still a POS clusterfuck, or is it mostly small gang stuff right now.  I have no interest in playing much if it's POS or ratting.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 04:20:27 PM

This is disturbingly tempting particularly given after x months of inactivity, you finally threw me out--well one of me.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 04:27:17 PM

Can any of you guys that are playing comment on the current status of PvP?  Is it still a POS clusterfuck, or is it mostly small gang stuff right now.  I have no interest in playing much if it's POS or ratting.

The answer is yes.  There are large scale fleet ops, training ops, shooting POS with dbrb and his dog, and small gang ops run that typically are roams or rarely a bit of gate camping.  The  small roams are a bit exciting since you have to actually almost pay attention to the game as opposed to a large fleet op in which the most challenging aspect of the op is Will The Titan Pilot fuck up and jump itself instead of us this time (again).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 05:48:41 PM

If I decide to resub I probably won't have a lot of interest in the huge ops. 
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 05:55:10 PM

They have their time and place, but in terms of excitement and bang for the buck, the small gang roams are a lot more exciting.  Especially when you do things like piss of a corp to such an extent they decide to bring out a titan to elite pvp you.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 07:01:50 PM

That's pretty awesome. awesome, for real
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:02 PM

Eve with -BAT-/Goons is about as fun as the game can be. And from a game design perspective there's nothing quite like it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 12:22:57 AM

Pretty certain that's a-ok, we've got a fairly large contingent of small gangs fights. Personally I'm more for the large ops, myself, but I think you won't be wanting for small gangs if you want.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 04:59:29 AM

How can anyone not want to fly in large fleets after watching this video I don't know.

Eve Online: Russian retard summercamp.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 07:00:24 AM

Upon perusing the place, if you cant find something to do whilst in BC/Goons then I dont think you ever will really.  Game just wont be for you.  There's some kinda shit goin down every day/night it seems (sometimes multiple times per day). 

Hardest thing is deciding which direction to go.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 07:02:20 AM

Last night 18 Bat Country took on over 90 IRC and killed about twice as many as we lost (it's hard not to lose the odd ship when their fleet could split into four and alpha one of your ships with each part if we let them).  Tonight there is another roam, assuming that everyone got back from last night's, which I gather ended up in sauve qui peut...  There's a frigate roam on Saturday.  There was a gatecamp op on Saturday from a beginner FC.  All of these are just corp ops.

Just to stress this point, last night saw nearly 20 Bat Country people form up at a couple of hours' notice (I didn't spot it) midweek while half the corp was still at work and take on everything that a 3,500 man alliance could throw at us.  And sneak a win.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:03:51 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:35 AM

When I last played my youngest son had just been born, so I had a serious lack of time.  I may give this another go for a bit as I'm getting bored with Star Trek Online.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 01:22:40 PM

I have to say, if anything makes me want to play Eve, its your ads.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:59 PM

I am very close to resisting this.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 01:49:39 AM

Last night 8 Bat Country members jumped into vagas with a rapier, two scimis and a cynabal and ran around Syndicate picking fights.  We killed a few agony unleashed then skirmished with a fleet of twice our numbers in identical ships.  Nearly killed one of their three cynabals (soooo close) but eventually had to bail with no losses or kills.  Really fun, edge-of-the-seat stuff though.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 07:16:09 AM

The comm. organization was actually fairly impressive, and quite disciplined.  And when it wasn't you were treated to classic british snarkery.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  (I didnt even undock, I just listened in)
Is the late-night crowd as entertaining?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 08:54:59 AM

I don't know.  Smushsmush, George Ocean and others do informal US timezone roams and general fucking around

We have a drunken frigate op on Saturday run by a member who wants to learn to FC.  Then we have a pro skirmish op on Sunday with lacheses, huginns, sabres, scimis and nanodrakes for DPS: drakes with a nano in the low slots can be trained up in a matter of weeks and are quite easy to learn, and we use them instead of canes for dps ships quite often.

Last night's vagabond run was because numbers were lower after the previous night and the people who were there were generally very experienced.  We need and want more newbies to apply dps though.  You can be in a stabber in a couple of days and come along to learn in what amounts to a ghetto vagabond.

Twitter - Endieposts

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 11:03:30 AM

If you can get old pre-learning skill vets like me to come back they can pretty much plug their refunded SP into whatever BC/Goons wants instantaneously.  I went from a Gall PvE-rattanker to a Min-ganker in about 2 mins, leaving me still in position for the eventual gall/hybrid revolution.   awesome, for real   Perhaps add that to your ads.  I bet half the people here fall into that category.  For me it worked out to about 3.5m SP.

Shit, I'd pay $10 just to get to reapply those points.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 05:12:05 PM

Alright, Endie, I'm going to resub.  What do I have to do to get Goon reinstated?
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 05:35:48 PM

As always, an awesome recruitment post.  Makes me want to re-sub.  Then I remember that I'm apparently too damn stupid to be even marginally successful at this game.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 11, 2011, 08:17:54 PM

Ok I've been mulling this in my head about whether to post this, but I figure what the heck.

I will say that if you are going to try eve online, try it with Bat country. Its almost the best way to enjoy the game.  BUT and its a very big and subtle BUT, I would be a cautious of goon culture. There are politics running under the seams in Goonswarm, and for all their talk of not taking the game seriously they have unspoken rules that they take VERY seriously, and woe betide you if you break them. As an example of the politics, Bat countries predecessor LOVEU inadvertently got used in one factions plans to rip goons apart for the luls, and as a result got booted out of goonswarm. So I will say be cautious, don't talk on the forums till you have a sense of the culture, and basically enjoy the experiance but keep a little distance till you are sure of your ground.

There's more I could say but I'll leave it at that.

Oddly, my best memory of being in Goons was one night when we were bored and I recited the American Deceleration of Independence over coms.  Heart
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:20:23 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 12:40:06 AM

Of course there's politics, it's an organization of several thousand people.  You make it sound much scarier than it is, especially the LOVEU thing.  Half the reason LOVEU was kicked out was because of regular, consistant drama within its directorate including, but not limited to: directors claiming whole systems for themselves and shooting Goons trying to rat in them, a director attempting a coup against the CEO only to be caught and summarily kicked out of the corp (but not alliance), the guy from the first example hacking the CEO's account and stealing most of the corp's assets, and the corp's founders resubbing after more than two years of inactivity to demand control of the corp and posting loudly about it on the alliance forums.  This was all in about 4 months.

Bat Country proper has never had this kind of leadership drama, and the only reason there has been any change at the top recently is because our previous CEO stepped down due to a lack of availability.

Irek Dabry is #1.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 02:38:31 AM

I'll just pipe in with this. Reading the story of LOVEU, and being in LOVEU during the final delve/querious debacle, the politics were a lot more visible for the lineman in those few months than anything I've seen in the close to 1.5 years since then. Literally the biggest piece of drama was when we took on a few Antares Shipyards people, one of which was one guy with a silky smooth baritone voice which apparently got arkhamina and her girls all aflutter. I haven't seen anything even close to the LOVEU level of "kick <corp>", it's barely even said in jest. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I have to keep in mind is not unironically posting fuckstupid things like toonies, iskies, mommyship etc.

In short, don't be an asshat and you'll be fine.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 08:26:31 AM

... the only reason there has been any change at the top recently is because our previous CEO stepped down due to a lack of availability growth of facial hair and a discovery of girls.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 07:47:59 PM

Isn't being an asshat an entry requirement?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 08:22:51 PM

Isn't being an asshat an entry requirement?
I suppose I could qualify that further into "don't be an asshat to people in the corp/alliance/coalition; we don't give a fuck what you do to neuts/reds."

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 01:29:08 AM

Everything in this thread, from the brilliant first post to the conversations makes me want to join you. Except it's EvE, which I have no interest in.  Heartbreak

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 09:35:36 AM

Everything in this thread, from the brilliant first post to the conversations makes me want to join you. Except it's EvE, which I have no interest in.  Heartbreak

Very few people who play it do either. I really think it would be a great game for you Az.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:59 PM

Okay peeps.  Who here can get me back into the corp?   awesome, for real
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: [EVE Online] Bat Country Recruitment Thread 2012  
Jump to: