Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ideas to improve LoL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas to improve LoL  (Read 21977 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: October 06, 2011, 08:24:31 AM

1) SO with Dominion with people want shorter games.  For me I want shorter lopsided games.  Slaughter rule: when every there is an ace or baron goes down or an inhibitor goes down, the game counts player kills and turrets kills x 2 if the difference between the teams becomes extreme say 20+ the game ends.

2) Flash should be split into to 2 skills.  Assault:  flash close to a enemy turret or player.  Small AP and AD boost with a offensive mastery.  Retreat:  Flash anywhere but you can't damage or CC players for 15 secs. Small AR and MR boost with a utility mastery.  These skills use the same timer or only one can be equipped at a time.

Please post your ideas to make LoL better.

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:49:51 AM

1)  Per character keybinds.
2)  Stat tracking for normal games.  If there's a way to see more stats and get a better gauge for your winning percentage, k/d/a ratios, etc, I'm not seeing it.  This would be nice and helpful.  Match history doesn't go back far enough.
3)  Replay function in client.  Ability to save and watch replays.
4)  Flash gone or as an escape tool only.

-Rasix
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:01:27 AM

Getting rid of flash, or allowing people to ban a summoner spell in draft mode might be interesting to see. Perhaps turn Flash into an instant recall?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:02:51 AM

1) Some kind of multiple-keybind system (Maybe saved sets instead of per-character)
2) Adjustment of camera-scroll speed that is separate from general mouse scroll.
3) Ability to adjust game client settings in the front end client.
4) Allow Dominion surrenders earlier (I got stuck in a 4v5 from the beginning yesterday, could not surrender even though we had no chance of doing anything).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:07 AM

Getting rid of flash, or allowing people to ban a summoner spell in draft mode might be interesting to see. Perhaps turn Flash into an instant recall?

If it were as simple as getting rid of flash it would have been done awhile ago; simply cutting it out would cause people (High level) to play even more passively than before, and destroy the capabilities of certain champions.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 09:26:43 AM

Flash as it is, is fine. The problem is so many other spells are fairly useless. Perhaps work on buffing others up and you wouldn't see people always picking flash

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:38:45 AM

Man, I remember when flash had a huge ass range.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:48:22 AM

1) Zoom out.
2) Integrated 'build' system: able to set, per character, multiple keybindings, masteries, recommended items.
3) Zoom out.
4) Flash only usable when out of combat for 3 seconds.
5) Automated group matching (to describe: you pick three roles you're willing to fulfill, and champs for each that you can play: the game auto matches you into a group with one tank, one ad, one support, one ap, one wildcard) pre picked, and you go.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:21 AM

2) Integrated 'build' system: able to set, per character, multiple keybindings, masteries, recommended items.

This would be great

Wouldn't this render flash functionally useless?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 11:01:38 AM by K9 »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 10:56:15 AM

Well, it could facilitate escapes still...you know when you are running your ass off and the guy is close, but not THAT close. Then flash to safety.

I mean, I'd just take ghost instead.....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 11:16:13 AM

Wouldn't this render flash functionally useless?

Actually, I prefer: hasn't taken damage in 3 seconds. Basically, I think Flash would be really well suited as an initiation tool: you can flash in on people. Sometimes it'll be useful defensively, but you can't guarantee a defensive flash unless you flash early/juke/get some distance.

I've heard the counter argument that this would be a bad bad idea, because defensive flashes let people play a lot more aggressively. I'm not sure I buy it.

I think there are some summoners spells that need buffs (Rally, Fortify, etc), but that bringing everything up to Flash will require a lot of work. Also, I think nerfing Flash will increase the number of teleports, and teleport ganks are awesome and fun.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 12:20:15 PM

Probably just what-came-first bias, but I think re: Flash that DOTA had it right. Just make Flash an item that you have to farm. Early game ganks become far more effective, cutting into the super-tedious 'farm period' of most high-level games; late-game initiation and crazy-skill-flashfests remain in the game, with heros who depend on Flash for effective play prioritizing the item, while others pass it over in favour of a faster build to something else, etc.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 02:48:48 PM

Man, I remember when flash had a huge ass range.

Imagine playing a current game with Old Flash/Old Cleanse.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 02:50:42 PM

Flash encourages gimped/sloppy play and positioning - I'd just as soon see it gone, as people escape from me with it far more often than I use it myself.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 02:57:12 PM

Flash encourages gimped/sloppy play and positioning - I'd just as soon see it gone, as people escape from me with it far more often than I use it myself.

Step 1, nerf flash so that it can't cross terrain (like Vayne's tumble).
Probably wouldn't need a a step 2.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 03:06:46 PM

I'm actually OK with Flash crossing terrain, and wish Vayne could do so with her tumble since her range sucks and she's so fragile.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 03:26:55 PM

Yeah, flash is pretty much a requirement to play.  If not for attacking, then for counter flashing to get away from heroes who try to flash in on you.  In all the games I play, almost every single person takes flash.  Its become a standard part of the game.  So either let everybody get it for free automatically, or get rid of the damn thing.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 03:42:52 PM

I think at this point the main problem with adjusting flash would be having to balance so many champions in response to that change.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 03:54:18 PM

Its no surprise really.  Almost every single competitive game I can think of highly values mobility because it has a very high skill ceiling.  There is a reason, for example, why TF2 leagues see pretty much only demomen, scouts and soldiers (in addition to medics for obvious reasons).  The same reasoning applies here, Flash gives you an edge in mobility over someone that doesn't have it, and keeps you even with someone who does.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 06:25:54 PM

1. Replay function,
2. Change Flash into a buy-able item, with a 3s no-damage conditional. Up range slightly,
3. Allow a player's Runes and Masteries to be viewed in-game,
4. Rework Ignite somehow,
5. Stop releasing every melee champ with a gap-closer, an aoe and a defensive skill. Especially the gap-closer part.

* Edit, because I forgot a couple.

6. Rebalance wards. Put a limited availability on them, restocking by 1 every x minutes. Increase regular ward price and decrease stealth ward price and reduce their sight radius slightly,
7. Courier.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:50:47 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 06:56:19 PM

They'll just have CC reduction instead  awesome, for real
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 08:12:15 PM

Editable item builds per character would be the bees knees. Also a summoner skill to allow build items to be delivered via creeps or something. So you don't have to return to base. Course it would make consumables and wards a bit more powerful.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 08:17:33 PM

Something in the ui which informs you when your daily 150 is going to reset.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 09:43:21 PM

Latency monitor in AIR client.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 06, 2011, 10:25:42 PM

To be honest, I'd love to see runes removed from the game. Alternatively, the game would be improved by having them free for all players so that it really was about customizing your character and not grinding for a minor advantage. If Riot needed to make sure there was a good IP drain so that the average player didn't buy every new champion and nobody ever had incentive to buy Riot Points, they could just increase champion IP costs a little bit. This would be preferable to leaving runes in the game.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:20:09 AM by Rokal »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:29 AM

Hats

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 08:38:44 AM

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:19 AM

Aside from the 'can't use flash 2 or 3 seconds after being attacked, I would like to see some sort of diminishing returns on ccs, of the same type at least. Getting chained stunned is about as much fun as it is in any other game, which is to say zero.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 01:38:38 PM

Its kinda funny in a forum where a good number of people are nostaglic over DAOC and half plays EvE that you guys are terranovabad at making suggestions for a competive game.

The first and only thin worth address is the "remove/nerf" flash suggestions that make no sense and ranege from  swamp poop to  ACK!. From the prespective of a mid level player, and knowig most of you are either mid to low level, flash impact is negliable. People are generally ignorant when it comes to this subject because flash is either blamed for the reason they died, or the reason they failed to get the kill. In either case, flash true relevance is in higher level games where the infrequency of ganks and team fights allows flash to be off cooldown in half off all engagements. This is NOT the case in mid level games at all, which combined with a lot of other things that plague low to mid level games, makes flash "just" another summoner skill in the long run no more responsible for the reason people lose or win a game.

But you will argue that flash allows for bullshit escapes, bullshit ganks, but do realize that mid level games are plagued with several problems that high level games, where clutch decision making happens less often, don't suffer from. To name them;

1. Ignorant/Bad champ picks
2. Bad team composition, due to bad champ picks or selfish picks
3. Horrible laning composition (how many games you played where champs like master yi and trynademere are laning together. if you had several of those games, your elo is possible in hell)
4. Bad position, ignroanc of the minimap, which plagues low level games and mid level games alike.
5. Ignorance of champs strengths and weaknessess in skirmish situations, accounts for plenty of deaths in mid level games
6. Poor/non-existant communication
7. Low reaction time

Because high level play doesn't suffer from bad champ picks and understand what laning composition means, the super passive bot lane farming phase hapens in relative peace because there is nothing major to take advantage of usually. Mid level games in comparison, there are ALWAYS weaknessess is the other teams composition to exploit, last hitting takes second seat to plain harassing the other team and zoning them out of the lane. Bad positioning, which hasn't gotten much better at the mid level, accounts for far more deaths and failed ganks then the use of flash. Where ganks are far more important at the higher levels of play due to low number of kills and team fights, how many times have you watched a 10:2 game in the first 10 minutes term into a fustrating lose for the team leading in kills early. If you been in that game, you are mid level player.

The point being is that the difference in skill level ad the style of play makes most suggestions to deal with the "flash" problem benfiet no one. Mid level play doesn't change, players will continue to die and lose games because of the various problems i listed. High level games however? Might as well remove SR and make Dominion the "real game". The game is far too passive to remove the one thing that encourages players to move beyond the river.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 03:18:49 PM

Hmm, think you might be wrong DLriley.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 03:50:32 PM

Hmm, think you might be wrong DLriley.
Do tell.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 03:51:03 PM

He's actually not this time, not entirely. Most of the non-QoL suggestions in here are pretty bad; I only agree with 1) zoom out and 2) buff some of the shittier summoners.

In high-level games, if you gank someone and they get away with Flash, that is a successful gank because now they don't have Flash. Flash is what allows you to extend, initiate, and punish overextensions safely and effectively. It's a tool and a valuable resource, and knowing and managing what resources the enemy has at their disposal - which includes summoners, wards, jungle buffs, creeps, even teammates - is how high-level teams win games.

I don't know if this actually addresses people's issues or not, because nobody's actually said why they see Flash as a problem.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:28 PM

I don't have a problem with flash; I have a problem with people writing incoherent, incorrect, walls of text.

DLRiley's post quite clearly does not say what you just wrote. I'm not advocating what other people suggested either, I'm just pointing out that DLRiley's wall of text is full of shit. Flash is much more important at higher levels but it still affects a huge chunk of the playerbase. "Flash impact is negliable". How wrong can that statement be? How can he argue about problems with positioning when flash is the easiest solution to poor positioning (aside from its CD). What about "Low Reaction Time"? Is everybody who's not a high ELO player drunk?

If there is one "problem" with flash, it's that flash is nearly inherent in the game. Without it LoL would be a different game.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 04:44:45 PM

Lolz high level games at this point revolve around flash in a way that mid level games dont. Play a game of Sr and count the number of kills. Now count the number of kills in any pro gaming SR match. If the number of kills is only twice as many as a pro game, Im wrong and your right.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 04:45:11 PM

Strangely enough, not everyone said to get rid of Flash either.

I am sure having Flash from level 1 is not the only reason that early game competitive play is so incredibly boring -- but it's surely one of them. I agree that Flash is part of what makes the gankier mid-game more exciting, and allows for initiation and over-extension and all the rest. Mobility is great, it makes the game more exciting. Thus my suggestion to convert Flash into a buyable item -- the early game becomes more dangerous/ganks become more likely to succeed, and the mid-game remains much the same for the champs who really need it. But it also introduces some variety, since generally not every member of a team will buy it. Champs who are already mobile can either farm Flash to play to that, or parlay their advantage into buying a different item. Variety adds tactical interest.

Obviously I am inspired by DOTA, which uses this method and has been balancing and rebalancing the Flash Dagger for more or less ever. The difference in early game excitement between the competitive LoL and the DOTA 2 tourney I watched was really noticeable (though DOTA often has its own annoying farm-tastic lull in the mid-game, which tends to end in part when major initiators get their Flash Dagger -- which is an interesting data point as well, obviously.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ideas to improve LoL  
Jump to: