Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ideas to improve LoL 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideas to improve LoL  (Read 21980 times)
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 27, 2011, 03:00:14 PM

Remove the surrender limits. No reason why it should take 20 minutes to decide whether a game is over. I shouldn't have to listen to people bitch and whine for 40 minutes only to maybe win 6 minutes later  awesome, for real If someone disconnects for more than 1-5 minutes, allow for a 3:2 surrender vote that results in a draw. Also if someone surrenders before the 10 minute mark, the game is a draw.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 03:58:43 PM

That would get abused so hard by your typical draft dodging type it isn't even worth considering.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 04:43:58 PM

I admit, the ability to control DCed champions is one thing from DOTA I find myself missing rather a lot. Even if it was part of a whole constellation of troublesome other capabilities. In terms of LoL I would at least like to see them adopt the mechanic where all the non-DCed champions receive boosted gold income (i.e. the passive gold gain on the DCed champion.)
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:39 AM

That would get abused so hard by your typical draft dodging type it isn't even worth considering.

Considering I have no problem with draft dodging...
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 29, 2011, 01:30:27 PM

Also if someone surrenders before the 10 minute mark, the game is a draw.

No.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 01:59:05 PM

Looks like some of you guys are getting your wish in relation to Flash and other summoner spells.

Flash is getting reduced range and increased cooldown. Heal is getting a buff to be better in the late game. And other stuff.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 06:47:04 PM

I'm not sure an outright nerf is whats needed, but eh, I guess we'll see how this goes.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 07:49:13 PM

People will either stay with flash, or take ghost in its place.   Its not going to change the fact that movement is more important than other effects.  Nerfing the stats like range or duration doesn't solve the real problem, it just makes them less desireable.   

Doesn't really matter though, whatever is the new best will be used and people will complain those are now OP or too good or whatever.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 05, 2011, 02:08:35 AM

I like the addition of promote to SR, it always felt like it would fit better there than in Dominion. I'm less thrilled about the change to CV, this seems to be aimed more at high-level play than normal folk, unlike flash which is pretty ubiquitous.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 05, 2011, 03:25:38 AM

Riot realized a while ago that they are only medicore at balancing a game and figured that the community won't notice, because they are for the most part flaming retards or carebears. Latest attempts at changes doesn't disprove that.  Promote is just a laning phase skill, lolz, and it does nothing for the mid to late game or help end games at the mid game. Which was the whole point of any suggestion to bring promote back in the game in the first place. And lord the problem with heal is not the late game scaling but its crappy debuff that prevents teamplay revolving around this. So essentially none of the changes make the game end any faster, nor do they encourage team fights. But more laning, more farming, more sitting at rivier. Good Job Riot.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 05, 2011, 07:59:01 AM

I like the addition of promote to SR, it always felt like it would fit better there than in Dominion.

Promote was originally in SR but was removed for being too good.  Your team took 5 promotes and a pushing team, then around 5-10min or so you all grouped up mid.  You used all your promotes, and pushed the lane almost all the way to nexus.  It was almost unstoppable if done correctly.  I'm assuming it will be more like Dominion promote now where you can only promote a nearby cannon minion or something to prevent this strategy.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 05, 2011, 08:09:35 AM

Dl, seriously now, deep breaths. 

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: November 05, 2011, 03:43:46 PM

Well, similarly, there was a period ages back where the SR metagame was dominated by heal/poking comps, which is why Heal has such a significant debuff in the first place. Of course there was also an item nerf involved (can't remember its name offhand) so probably they could un-nerf Heal quite a bit at this point.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 05, 2011, 04:58:09 PM

Well, similarly, there was a period ages back where the SR metagame was dominated by heal/poking comps, which is why Heal has such a significant debuff in the first place. Of course there was also an item nerf involved (can't remember its name offhand) so probably they could un-nerf Heal quite a bit at this point.

Removal of Innervating locket?  Nerfing Executioners Calling into near uselessness?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: November 05, 2011, 05:01:14 PM

Spirit Visage was nerfed a couple of times iirc, which would have made heal more powerful.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 05, 2011, 06:06:15 PM

Removal of Innervating locket? 

Yep, that's the one.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 06, 2011, 08:54:12 AM

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: November 06, 2011, 09:18:57 AM

Blame Guardsman Bob.  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Ideas to improve LoL  
Jump to: