Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 09:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer  (Read 114487 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #385 on: December 01, 2011, 01:08:10 PM

It's 2004 all over again:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Thorgrim/simple

Wish they would finally get around to re-adding the pose changing in the armory.

Biggest disappointment: can't currently use the guild logo cloaks for transmog.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:09:42 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

Obtained Thrall's Gratitude.

17 hours ago

Did you swallow ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:14 PM

When does thrall ever become an aspect? as far as it looks, thrall is still just a very powerful shaman. fuck spoilering bad stories. It just looks like to defeat deathwing all the dragons used up their power, they didn't just quit being aspects for shits and giggles.
From what I understand, Thrall does not actually become an aspect, rather, he acts as the "stand in" for the Aspect of Earth (since Deathwing is all batshit-insane-oldgod-possessed and all) during the ritual, oweing to the fact that him being the most powerful shaman on Azeroth supposedly gives him the next closest thing to an "aspect level" connection to the forces of Earth Deathwing would normally have had dominion over.

Of course, everyone is just butthurt over the fact that a Horde character is saving the world, or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:49:38 PM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: December 01, 2011, 01:48:49 PM

Of course, everyone is just butthurt over the fact that a Horde character is saving the world, or something like that.

No, in this case it's pretty much limited to Metzen's green Mary Sue.

Over and out.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: December 01, 2011, 02:09:32 PM

whatever you want to say about the lore, the fight is really cool. It's chokfull of different shit to dps, different healing phases, prolly a tad bouncy on the boring/MAGADIMMABEONESHOTIFOFFTANKDOESNTTAUNT side for tanks . It's one of the more interesting fights I've done in recent memory and there are a lot of different ways to deal with mechanics based on your composition and what order you use the aspects in.

Actually the whole instance is full of interesting fights. Are they undertuned so everyone can do them? Of course they are, we're not used to clearing a normal tier on the first reset, but I'm not butthurt over that, we have heroics to look forward to.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:20:25 PM by Wolf »

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #390 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:33 PM

How'd you do that, Ing?  My chars aren't showing their x-mutes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alleria/Morriand/simple

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #391 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:57 PM

I didn't do anything special to make it happen, I dunno!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: December 01, 2011, 03:32:54 PM

When does thrall ever become an aspect? as far as it looks, thrall is still just a very powerful shaman. fuck spoilering bad stories. It just looks like to defeat deathwing all the dragons used up their power, they didn't just quit being aspects for shits and giggles.
From what I understand, Thrall does not actually become an aspect, rather, he acts as the "stand in" for the Aspect of Earth (since Deathwing is all batshit-insane-oldgod-possessed and all) during the ritual, oweing to the fact that him being the most powerful shaman on Azeroth supposedly gives him the next closest thing to an "aspect level" connection to the forces of Earth Deathwing would normally have had dominion over.

Funniest thing about the cinematic:
Intended reading - WC3 Medivh retread, with the "You no longer need us any more" thing.
My reading - "So N'zoth just managed to permanently depower the other three Titan-appointed Aspects for the piddling sacrifice of his pawn? Great job handing the world to the Old Gods, Thrall!"

Hey, at least this (hopefully) means Thrall's done. 'Saved' the world, got the girl, and babies ever after in Nagrand (or wherever) while Warchief Hellscream can just get on with winning everything.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:54 PM

No, in this case it's pretty much limited to Metzen's green Mary Sue.

It can be both!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #394 on: December 01, 2011, 04:46:52 PM

She is much harder than any of the other bosses in End Time, if you ask me. Healing it was a huge, messy, ugly pain in my ass. She's a boring non-entity in Well of Eternity. Although I laughed out loud when she "ran out of arrows." So useless.
Actually, now that i have done her a few times, the only real difficult part is that haste buff she gets at 80 and 50% health.  As a tank, i can interupt every one of the stardust casts untill she has 2 stacks of the haste buff.  That cuts down on alot of the damage.  The rest of the group damage is largely avoidable untill she hits 30% and starts dropping the rain of death on the group.  Of course, pugs are notoriously bad at avoiding avoidable damage.

There is often so much shit falling from the sky or whatever, I have a hard time seeing where I can safely stand AND healing my group. I am sure the fight is simple enough as a DPSer or tank, but it's a bitch to heal right now.

EDIT: As for the cinematic, I pulled an eyerolling muscle at Alexstraza lovingly carressing Aggra's womb. Just ... Christ. We just saved the world, can we have five minutes where we're not getting a fucking update on Thrall's homelife?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:51:25 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:41 PM

How'd you do that, Ing?  My chars aren't showing their x-mutes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alleria/Morriand/simple

I think it just takes time. Mine took a few days to update after the patch.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #396 on: December 01, 2011, 05:57:55 PM

I wonder if it's like the armory in general, where you have to log to the char select screen to make it update.  I'd quit out directly a few times.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #397 on: December 01, 2011, 06:37:56 PM

This is my favorite of my dudes so far.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:42:59 PM by Sjofn »

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: December 01, 2011, 11:02:34 PM

She is much harder than any of the other bosses in End Time, if you ask me. Healing it was a huge, messy, ugly pain in my ass. She's a boring non-entity in Well of Eternity. Although I laughed out loud when she "ran out of arrows." So useless.
Actually, now that i have done her a few times, the only real difficult part is that haste buff she gets at 80 and 50% health.  As a tank, i can interupt every one of the stardust casts untill she has 2 stacks of the haste buff.  That cuts down on alot of the damage.  The rest of the group damage is largely avoidable untill she hits 30% and starts dropping the rain of death on the group.  Of course, pugs are notoriously bad at avoiding avoidable damage.

There is often so much shit falling from the sky or whatever, I have a hard time seeing where I can safely stand AND healing my group. I am sure the fight is simple enough as a DPSer or tank, but it's a bitch to heal right now.
Possible, I have never tried the fight as a healer (i just dont do healing, lol).  From what I understand, there is really only two mechanics you have to watch for as a healer untill 30%.  The light wave thing that zaps outwards like a line of moonfire, and a pulsing orb thing, that circles around her pool.  Dodge the ligthwave, step into the pool and back out again whenever the orb circles around.  Of course, at 30% the shit hits the fan with the rain of doom (the tooltip in the dungeon journal seems to indicate you might be able to avoid the damage), but really thats when you should pop your cooldowns and hope she dies.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #399 on: December 01, 2011, 11:21:49 PM

The lightwave is the thing that's hard for me to see while I'm healing.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: December 01, 2011, 11:25:19 PM

the issue is that she's nowhere near the difficulty of the other two I've seen (Baine & Sylvanas), I'm calling nerfs in a couple of weeks.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:13 AM

the issue is that she's nowhere near the difficulty of the other two I've seen (Baine & Sylvanas), I'm calling nerfs in a couple of weeks.
All 3 of the other ones are easy.

Baine is pretty much a strait up tank and spank.  Having heavy mele in your group actually makes the fight stupidly easy (if you dip into the lava and then out again, you get a mele buff that causes all your mele hits to do 10k extra fire damage or something.  He pretty much just melts.

Sylvanas is pretty easy also.  Most of her shit is heavily telegraphed: Get out of this or insta die kind of stuff, that anyone with a functioning brain can easily see and avoid.  The ghoul phase is also really easy, unless you are tryiing for the achieve.

Jaina is similar to sylvanas.  Tank damage, boss ports, dodge insanely easy to see ice spike things, repeat.  Mix in a magical land mine that someone just needs to run over to and damage soak asap, and it is alltogether super easy.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: December 02, 2011, 05:53:47 AM

Just put a brace of these up on the AH...at 9999.9999 gold each.
Let's see if anyone bites.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: December 05, 2011, 06:29:16 AM

I don't know for how long this will last, but for the past week we've had 30+ people online in the evenings. Before the patch we'd get to 13 on raid nights, with people getting passed logging off to play something else :)

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #404 on: December 05, 2011, 06:34:20 AM

It'll last as long as the last post-patch surge did.  Perhaps even less as Darkmoon was the major casual draw and that goes away after this week until January.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: December 10, 2011, 10:14:17 AM

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: December 10, 2011, 11:06:34 AM

This is pretty funny.  When design ideas fail to factor in how the community plays the game and only looks at ilvl.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3711311271?page=1
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: December 10, 2011, 12:30:03 PM

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: December 10, 2011, 12:36:21 PM

This is pretty funny.  When design ideas fail to factor in how the community plays the game and only looks at ilvl.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3711311271?page=1

They do need to add some logic to the item level calculations (which aren't new to Cata) at some point, but the Wrath queue worked the same way basically without serious incident.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: December 10, 2011, 12:51:16 PM

Random aside -- I took my blood dk into some battlegrounds and.... holy shit. Vengeance stacks up to max in about 2 seconds (there's no such thing as "don't hit the blood dk / use tranq shot / shiv" in a random battleground), and then it's time to drop a few 70k death strikes. Healers are a problem.. until they go OOM and/or eat a burst of 8 necrotic strikes, as apparently dancing rune weapon applies its own copy. why so serious?

Tank specs in general seem like 'holy shit stay away or you DIE' juggernauts in pvp now.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: December 10, 2011, 01:28:24 PM

it's the melee buff more than anything. 10% AP is a lot, and tanks didn't need any help as it is. My prot pally, that is no way undergeared, goes up to 20k on most LFD bosses with "special mechanics". And hangs around 15ish on the others.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: December 28, 2011, 10:04:27 AM

Hotfixes, getcha hotfixes here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3368932/Patch_43_Hotfixes_-_December_23-26_12_2011#blog
tl;dr - Trollroics nerfed again because fuck them in the ear.
And some other stuff.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: December 29, 2011, 01:48:58 AM

they brought them in line with the baby heroics, since people are running them to get gear for the new ones. Friend of mine was complaining that people just insta quit out of trolls, since they took way more time.

Class balance at the raiding level is completely out of whack atm. Melees are balanced to compete with legendary casters, so if you don't have a legendary or a melee character, you'd better not show up. Rogue daggers are silly, even the 397 version. Healing is also messed up - all but 1 fight are basically stack on top of the paladin and watch him jump up to 40k, while the other healers are struggling to get their stuff going. I actually did 60k on LFR ultraxion on my undergeared pally just pressing 2 buttons.

Meh. Still like the fights in DS, but I don't think many people will be sticking around for longer then a couple of months :)

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:09 AM

A lot of my guild is pretty much done, at least until MoP hits. After getting DW in the first week and farming him for a few, I just don't have the patience or desire to wipe over and over on the stupid Heroic modes just for slightly higher level trash that's getting replaced in the new xpac. At least in FL, I could justify it because the Heroic gear helped with the next raid tier, but now it's truly pointless. With SWTOR scratching the MMO itch, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep logging into WoW at all.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: January 22, 2012, 03:31:38 AM

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=199818/lunar-festival-jan-22-feb-12-guide
Not-ChineseNewYear, now with new (tradeable) pet.

(Tip: Get spares, sell to pandaren alts for ridiculous money when MoP launches).

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #415 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:52 AM

I did the year-long achievement on 3 characters.  Fuck Lunar and Fire festivals in the ear.  Those were the 2 I dreaded each time because they were just so goddamn time-consuming.

Even Hallow's Eve, which is similarly ridiculous, wasn't as bad because at least every bucket was on a flight point.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: January 22, 2012, 08:09:37 AM

Lunar is the one big one I still need on my main; I'm glad I already have a couple protodrakes in cooler colors than purple or I'd have felt obligated to grind this shit out.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: January 22, 2012, 08:37:30 AM

I am never ever subbed around new years, which sucks because I really wanted this achievment. Not for the mount, just because I like the name of it. Not pay 15 bucks for a game you aren't playing right now like it though.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: February 19, 2012, 09:22:28 AM

Official moggy gallery: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/screenshots/transmog#/1

(I'm half-tempted to make a "Let's Dress Barbie: WoW Edition" thread rather than keep bumping this one).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:24:12 AM by Simond »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer  
Jump to: