Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer  (Read 114645 times)
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: November 30, 2011, 11:34:32 AM

I'm arguing for someone to tak the bricks out of the briefcase so you don't feel like you're doing a job when you run a dungeon. Blizzard's design of 5 mans has been as precursors to raid content. People need a way to play where they can be successful and get stuff without reading things outside of the game to win. They need something where they can show up, get useable rewards, and walk away pleased.

These aren't mutually exclusive options though. I don't think the real failing of Cata dungeons was that they were too hard. It was that Blizzard ignored normal mode in the same way that they are ignoring Heroic mode in 4.3. Would we have seen the same complaints about Cata dungeons if every level 85 heroic also had a level 85 normal version that dropped almost-the-same loot? Probably not. Blizzard decided this was too expensive or otherwise not worthwhile to do. MoP will take it one step further by having no normal mode level 90 dungeons, and instead having only 'heroics' at 90.

This is the model Trion is using, and I think it works pretty well.
Leveling dungeons: "dungeons"
Level cap versions of dungeons: "Tier 1 dungeons" (aka heroics)
Hard version of level cap dungeons: "Tier 2 dungeons" (aka 'legendary' or something similar)

Doing a model like that requires more work though, and Blizzard is doing the bare-minimum and taking 5-6+ months per patch as is.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:51 AM

As a Rift player, I will note that the T2 Dungeons, while originally that hard, were significantly nerfed not long after release. There is a single new Master Mode, theoretically more on the way, that one kind of fits your bill for challenging five man content on a par with raiding. However, it is outside of the gear trail. You don't need loot from the master mode to move onto the first raid tier. Heck, you hardly need T2 dungeon gear to get into raids as anything other than a tank.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: November 30, 2011, 11:57:31 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #353 on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

The PUG I was in wiped probably 20 times in the first two dungeons last night. (As a fury warrior I can only do so much to save them.) I could tell from Recount that they were not very good, but the dungeon finder is letting them in there. Therefore, the content is not too easy.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:54 PM

I don't get it. Is this like a internet-famous post or something?

The PUG I was in wiped probably 20 times in the first two dungeons last night. (As a fury warrior I can only do so much to save them.) I could tell from Recount that they were not very good, but the dungeon finder is letting them in there. Therefore, the content is not too easy.

How do you even...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: November 30, 2011, 12:48:29 PM

New mechanics + very loose gear restrictions + PUG factor.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:59 PM

New mechanics + very loose gear restrictions + PUG factor.
Or things like the rogue, in near full pvp gear, with 2 Brewfest Mug weapons, doing 8k dps on boss fights and 9k dps on trash, that i had in my last End Times pug.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: November 30, 2011, 02:24:34 PM

DPS breakdown at the end of my End Times run was something like:

Me - 18k
Tank - 9k
Mage - 8k
Hunter - 8k

And I am not exactly rocking the gear world or a tremendously good DPS warrior. I just mash buttons, probably in the right order about 2/3 of the time.  awesome, for real

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: November 30, 2011, 02:25:03 PM

hey I healed a pug that died a couple of times (3-4) and got acused of being a shit healer. I had my legendary on and everything. Now I'm not amazing, but I'm decent, I've 2healed everything in 6/7 heroic fl. It's just that people have a serious disconnect with their interrupt buttons, that's all. As long as there's something to interrupt people will be wiping. Also bosses kinda differ, tirande is way harder than any of the others.

Went in with a guild group and fake nozdromu is way fun with the never-ending-heroism.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: November 30, 2011, 02:26:25 PM

Yeah if my interrupt was fast enough to get every cast of stardust I'm pretty sure we'd have made it through Tyrande much more easily.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #360 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:05 PM

People who don't interupt make me so pissed off arghghghghghgh. I can't wait to do these new five mans.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: November 30, 2011, 02:31:37 PM

that and there are 2 more avoidable abilities that people fail to avoide.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:46 PM

People who don't interupt make me so pissed off arghghghghghgh. I can't wait to do these new five mans.  why so serious?

They need more abilities like rude interruption in Fury - I get a 5% damage boost for a while every time I interrupt something.  Heart

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #363 on: November 30, 2011, 02:34:59 PM

My arcane mage has one like that, I don't think my rogue does, though.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: November 30, 2011, 02:36:15 PM

Ingmar just sucks at interrupting to begin with.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:30 PM

Went in with a guild group and fake nozdromu is way fun with the never-ending-heroism.

My bear druid alt was able to keep primal instincts (50% dmg reduction) and berserk (free mangle with no cd) up for pretty much the entire fight. This was about 1/50th as fun as time reset was on my rogue. Tanks are no fun.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:22 PM

depends on the tank, buddy. Dedepnds on the tank.

Forever Wings  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #367 on: November 30, 2011, 06:19:06 PM

I've done two of the three new heroics, I think they're pretty fun. Surprisingly short, though.

EDIT: Tyrande is a bitch.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:46:24 PM by Sjofn »

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: November 30, 2011, 07:20:25 PM

And inexplicably has a Russian accent.  But that whole instance makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Over and out.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: November 30, 2011, 07:29:20 PM

My bear druid alt was able to keep primal instincts (50% dmg reduction) and berserk (free mangle with no cd) up for pretty much the entire fight. This was about 1/50th as fun as time reset was on my rogue. Tanks are no fun.
Perma Army of the Dead and DRW? Yes please.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: November 30, 2011, 07:32:12 PM

Perma Army of the Dead and DRW? Yes please.

Not only that, but the ghouls that are out don't die or disappear when time is reset.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #371 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:21 PM

And inexplicably has a Russian accent.  But that whole instance makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I  have no idea what accent Tyrande has. I do enjoy that she, Malfurion and Illidan all have wildly different accents, though. And I could listen to Illidan shovel huge fistfuls of scenery into his gaping maw all day.

But! What I meant is her boss fight is a pain in the ass. I did not enjoy healing it at all. ><  All the other boss fights I've done are fun, though.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: November 30, 2011, 09:43:17 PM

Oh, I thought you where talking about Well of Eternity.  I haven't run into her in End of Time yet.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #373 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:23 PM

She is much harder than any of the other bosses in End Time, if you ask me. Healing it was a huge, messy, ugly pain in my ass. She's a boring non-entity in Well of Eternity. Although I laughed out loud when she "ran out of arrows." So useless.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:38 PM

I would say both fights she is involved in are the worst among all the 4.3 dungeons.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:06 PM

The last fight in WoE actually wiped us because we just ignored her and got overwhelmed with adds.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: December 01, 2011, 04:14:35 AM

on the whole lore front

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:11 AM

She is much harder than any of the other bosses in End Time, if you ask me. Healing it was a huge, messy, ugly pain in my ass. She's a boring non-entity in Well of Eternity. Although I laughed out loud when she "ran out of arrows." So useless.
Actually, now that i have done her a few times, the only real difficult part is that haste buff she gets at 80 and 50% health.  As a tank, i can interupt every one of the stardust casts untill she has 2 stacks of the haste buff.  That cuts down on alot of the damage.  The rest of the group damage is largely avoidable untill she hits 30% and starts dropping the rain of death on the group.  Of course, pugs are notoriously bad at avoiding avoidable damage.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #378 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:53 AM

on the whole lore front

I went to read WoWwiki to see what you were talking about and it's not updated but.. wtf.. Thrall is so fucking over the top he even replaced a Dragon Aspect in some ritual?

Man, Fuck Metzen.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: December 01, 2011, 05:29:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYVA0Hh6u3U&feature=player_embedded that's the after Deathwing cinematic. Obviously spoilery

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: December 01, 2011, 11:05:59 AM

on the whole lore front

I went to read WoWwiki to see what you were talking about and it's not updated but.. wtf.. Thrall is so fucking over the top he even replaced a Dragon Aspect in some ritual?

Man, Fuck Metzen.

In this case I'm OK with it since it fucks a Knaak character, who are even worse.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: December 01, 2011, 12:21:38 PM

I guess I'll spoiler this for the one person who would be totally bummed out by ruining the epic ending to this Pulitzer quality story.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: December 01, 2011, 12:24:47 PM

I think technically the red dragons did as much as (or more than) us in the Malygos fight.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #383 on: December 01, 2011, 12:58:41 PM

on the whole lore front

Man, Fuck Metzen.
In this case I'm OK with it since it fucks a Knaak character, who are even worse.

I have no idea who Knaack is and don't think I want to know.

My sub ran out yesterday so I only got 1 day in the BGs and only 2 "wtf" stares at my Dranei mage in Polychromatic Visionwrap, ancestral Woolies and pointy red hat.  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get more but not $15 worth of disappointed.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: December 01, 2011, 01:02:49 PM

When does thrall ever become an aspect? as far as it looks, thrall is still just a very powerful shaman. fuck spoilering bad stories. It just looks like to defeat deathwing all the dragons used up their power, they didn't just quit being aspects for shits and giggles.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 4.3 - On a Deathwing and a prayer  
Jump to: