Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356804 times)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1435 on: October 31, 2013, 09:48:51 PM

I'm sea-sawing between silver 3-2, I'd ban heimer just to not have one on my team.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1436 on: November 01, 2013, 06:27:28 AM

Whereas the old heimer was half of a good idea, the new heimer is a completion of a medicore idea. Which again makes him simple playable in normal que. But rather worthless against what passes for a meta in bronze league.

There is nothing you cannot play in bronze.

The only decent game with heimer usually invoves a heimer on your team to cancel out each other's suck. Let alone ranked where heimer will go from 5/2 to 5/15 by the time the game ends.

There's a reason why Heimer was a 100% ban on all the usual pro streams yesterday.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1437 on: November 02, 2013, 05:22:06 PM

I decided to try to get myself out of bronze before S3 ended. 93 Lulu assists later, the victorious ward skin is mine. Love this champion.

I really need to work on an alt though - I've been playing Nami when Lulu gets taken from me but I'm too inconsistent with her bubble to feel confident with her. Probably Ali or Zyra. Maybe try out something wacky like Maokai or Galio.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1438 on: November 03, 2013, 05:08:04 AM

Learn Annie support.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1439 on: November 03, 2013, 05:18:44 AM

Played a few matches with the revised Master Yi, one game as Top and the other as Jung.  Had a great time pwning people.  The Season 4 changes will make him even better.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1440 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:19 AM

Yi jungle is just sick if you're playing against a team without any CC at all or a team with a jungler that isn't counter jungling. If you counter jungle Yi early, you can really screw him up. If you play a Yi against a Vi/Sej/J4 jungler, prepare for a hard time.

Also, I've been jungling Shyvanna a lot lately. Anyone else playing her much?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1441 on: November 05, 2013, 10:46:04 PM

Played 3 ranked goes tonight. Fun.
Game 1: top dcs for 20 mins. Almost come back but ultimately lose because people don't group up. I play janna and Lane phase was just Ok.

Game 2 : sona. The game is awful. My adc isn't aggressive enough, as Jinx. Top and jungle fed all game. It's depressing. We evened out our Lane though but the rest of the team gave up too many kills to a fed rengar.

Game 3 was 30 minutes too long. We only had two Nexus towers for about 20 minutes or so and my team wouldn't surrender. People thought it was OK to play Champs they never played before.

I'm pretty much cursed or I should never play support in solo Q and take things in my own hands and jungle or top. Why the fuck would a yi 3v1 all game and feed? Why?

We were up against a tank team and no one build armor pine. Not even the adc. Shiiit.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1442 on: November 06, 2013, 11:14:22 PM

I just played a Leona game where I had the team's first 4 kills. At one point the score was like 15-4 and I had the 4. I finished the game 6/1/6, I think our team had like 12 kills in the end and probably 30 deaths.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1443 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:12 AM

My first Leona game was last weekend and I think I managed to go 4/1/2 or something before mid/late game time. I was captain cleanup in the bot lane.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1444 on: December 16, 2013, 09:23:18 AM

Well Wildstar and FFXIV are both down today, so I ran a match with Warwick in top lane vs. the new Yasuo.  I'd like to think we were on pretty even footing; I just got cocky a couple times in our one on ones.  Our Jungler Nautilus was of no use because Wind Wall negated the anchor toss, which was pretty lol-worthy watching Naut freak out  awesome, for real.

Ended up 3-2-4 with the other team surrendering.  Always nice when the ADC/supp are RL duo'ing, even if they went with Tristana and Xin Zhao  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1445 on: December 16, 2013, 06:00:12 PM

That's it xin zhao support gotta do it!!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1446 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:20 AM

*sigh* And just as my spirit rises in light of having a good match, reality kicks me to the curb again.  In the next match, I didn't get Top or Jung, so I went with Ashe ADC, and my dick of a "support" went with Cass.  We went up against Draven and Leona.  Guess which side got stomped?  Ohhhhh, I see.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1447 on: December 18, 2013, 06:55:50 PM

I went tf support in ranked. it was hilarious  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1448 on: January 12, 2014, 05:22:11 PM

So yeah, got an email from Riot saying that my summoner name is in jeopardy if I don't log in and play a game soon because I have not played in so long.

Since I can't be arsed to download the game (and since it says play a match, there is probably some cock-stabbery that requires I play a match from beginning to end for it to register) I guess I will lose my toon name. Betting I probably already lost a bunch of my good smurf account names.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1449 on: January 14, 2014, 04:05:00 AM

Yeah, I'm done with this for now.  Getting too frustrated with the bullshit of the current meta, and how basically if you don't have a newer/top-of-the-line champ, don't bother trying.

I still have hope that the Team Builder thing can help level out the playing field a bit, in that I'll gladly sit in a longer queue time if it means I won't get back-of-line pigeonholed into a roll/champ I don't want to play.  Since that probably won't see the light of day for a few more months, I'll be ready to give this another crack then.  Maybe Leona will get nerfed by then too.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1450 on: January 14, 2014, 08:25:40 AM

Do what I'm doing: Play ARAM.  

Games are quick and you don't win or lose because of last-hitting.  It's pure pvp goodness.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1451 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:18 AM

Yeah, I'm done with this for now.  Getting too frustrated with the bullshit of the current meta, and how basically if you don't have a newer/top-of-the-line champ, don't bother trying.

Champions like Sivir, Annie, Kayle?

Or Mundo, and Nasus?

Nidalee, Kassadin, Karma,  or Olaf?

Leona, Lee Sin, Orianna?

Renekton, Riven, Trundle?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1452 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:31 AM

Champions like Sivir, Annie, Kayle?

Or Mundo, and Nasus?

Nidalee, Kassadin, Karma,  or Olaf?

Leona, Lee Sin, Orianna?

Renekton, Riven, Trundle?

This ^

People are crying for adjustments to Annie, Leona, Riven, and Trundle constantly on the forums.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1453 on: January 14, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

I haven't seen any call for Trundle nerfs, but a lot of older champions are coming to the forefront again. It's mostly a tank meta now and a lot of champs are more viable now than before. Your top tier ADCS are Lucian, Jinx and Sivir. Your Supports are Thresh, Leona, Annie. Your Midlane is a whole mess of different champs. Top Lane is Shyvana, Mundo, Nasus, Jax, Renekton. Jungle is essentially Vi, Elise, Khazix right now.

Those are roughtly the top champs at each spot. Good mix of old and new.

Oh and Rengar. But fuck him.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1454 on: January 14, 2014, 02:08:51 PM

Trundle is something that has been brewing for a while, since he has so much sustain (especially on top of baron/dragon) and because his ult negates the enemies primary tank.

Basically Trundle can build semi-offensive bruiser and just dumpster full tanks. His Q reduces the enemy AD by a lot [especially against people who don't build AD], his W gives him free attack speed, his ult takes 40% of the armor/mr of the enemy and gives it to yourself.

I am not sure why people don't play him more.

edit: But since he just stomped all over a Mundo/Shyvanna duo and took Fnatic to a win over Gambit in the first game of the EU LCS expect to see a lot more of him
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:13:47 PM by Goumindong »
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1455 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:59 PM

Top is basically tanks that can do damage, and tanks that can do damage to other tanks. Trundle, Shyv and Mundo can all do damage to other tanks while still being tanky enough themselves.

Guys like Cho Gath and Malphite who don't do much sustained damage and/or can't fight other tanks seem pretty weak. Against a tanky team what does Malph do? Ult once every 2 minutes to do 10% damage and get a single knockup? I played against a Cho as Shyv the other day and just ripped through him. Killed him, took their jungle, was mobile enough to get to teamfights first as well as split push. (Shyv is a lot of fun to play I have to say)

Bot is also pretty stale. Annie and Thresh are both really good, and Leona is good against Thresh and ok against Annie. The fact that Annie can blow someone up at 6 or do 50% damage at level 2 makes a lot of bot laners impossible to play. And a lot of the old "marksmen" feel weak right now - guys like Trist, Corki, etc.
---

I've been having a lot of success with Heimer mid and top. His power curve is kind of weird - he feels kind of weak at all stages of the game but can control objectives and is great in long teamfights or to help blow up one target. When I play Heimer I feel like I'm losing the entire time, then my team wins and I end up with a decent score.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1456 on: January 15, 2014, 03:20:56 AM

Do what I'm doing: Play ARAM.  

Games are quick and you don't win or lose because of last-hitting.  It's pure pvp goodness.

I've tried that, but I'm pretty sure a combination of my inferior skill at these top-down isometric types and a string of bad luck is resulting in pretty consistent losses in ARAM as well.  Just when I think we've got a great mix of randomized champs, even getting champ I love to play, I keep getting stomped.

Gonna give SMITE a try.  Maybe a different perspective will help.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1457 on: January 15, 2014, 09:27:32 AM

You only get burnt out on this game if you insist on playing to expectation. I personally said fuck it a looong time ago and having more fun trying to do whatever than worrying about what 4 idiots think is a good idea.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1458 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:06 AM

Top is basically tanks that can do damage, and tanks that can do damage to other tanks. Trundle, Shyv and Mundo can all do damage to other tanks while still being tanky enough themselves.

Guys like Cho Gath and Malphite who don't do much sustained damage and/or can't fight other tanks seem pretty weak. Against a tanky team what does Malph do? Ult once every 2 minutes to do 10% damage and get a single knockup? I played against a Cho as Shyv the other day and just ripped through him. Killed him, took their jungle, was mobile enough to get to teamfights first as well as split push. (Shyv is a lot of fun to play I have to say)

Bot is also pretty stale. Annie and Thresh are both really good, and Leona is good against Thresh and ok against Annie. The fact that Annie can blow someone up at 6 or do 50% damage at level 2 makes a lot of bot laners impossible to play. And a lot of the old "marksmen" feel weak right now - guys like Trist, Corki, etc.
---

I've been having a lot of success with Heimer mid and top. His power curve is kind of weird - he feels kind of weak at all stages of the game but can control objectives and is great in long teamfights or to help blow up one target. When I play Heimer I feel like I'm losing the entire time, then my team wins and I end up with a decent score.

Here are a few things to try out that are different:

Malphite Support - Build like Leona, Max your Q.

Viktor Support - Upgrade your W. Build mana regen yellows, cdr blues and mp5 masteries. Your W is amazing for zoning. Also build tanky masteries a rylais. You won't do damage, but you'll have a lot of zone support and harass.

AD Eve (Assuming you can pick her) - Just started messing around with this one. Hybrid Reds/Quints, Armor Yellows, CDR Blues. Build into Second wind and rest AP/AD type offensive masters will spell weaving. Build a Triforce - Rageblade - BORK - CDR Boots (furor enchant) - then if you want to go Defensive Sunfire/Banshees or Offensive Hydra/GA. It really works. I survived a 2v1 under my turret against a Khaziks and an Aatrox and managed to pull out a double kill at level 8-10 somewhere in there.

I think champs that can do hybrid damage might be a valuable asset.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1459 on: January 21, 2014, 12:05:26 PM

I've actually done Viktor Support before.  Your team will HATE you initially, but then when they see that force field trap in action, it's lols all the way  awesome, for real

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1460 on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

You shouldn't ever max your W as Viktor. The only thing you get is CD

You should max your Q or your E. Your Q has the better trades due to its shield and CD. Your E has better total deeps/poke because your E is ridiculous.

Get death augment because Death Augment is redonk and the others are bad.

Yes this applies to support Viktor as well.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1461 on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:05 PM

You should max your Q or your E. Your Q has the better trades due to its shield and CD. Your E has better total deeps/poke because your E is ridiculous.

No, No, No.

The additional range on your W is amazing. In addition to that you get mana regen along with 10% CDR. Along with masteries/runes and ancient coin maxed out, you'll have max cdr and enough mana regen to keep you moving.

You're support, not mid. Maxing your W get's you a 44% slow instead of a 28% slow as well. If you're playing support you need to be playing control, not just another damage dealer with a mediore 600 ranged slow that is easier to avoid the stun.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1462 on: January 21, 2014, 08:46:51 PM

No, No, No.

The additional range on your W is amazing. In addition to that you get mana regen along with 10% CDR. Along with masteries/runes and ancient coin maxed out, you'll have max cdr and enough mana regen to keep you moving.

You're support, not mid. Maxing your W get's you a 44% slow instead of a 28% slow as well. If you're playing support you need to be playing control, not just another damage dealer with a mediore 600 ranged slow that is easier to avoid the stun.

No, No, No, No, No.

The additional range on your W is nice, but not amazing. You're a support so you don't need to use your skills to clear waves which means that your MP/5 is almost worthless in lane unless you're using your laser or Q to poke... but if you aren't leveling up your laser (or Q) then your poke doesn't do any damage anyway.

The "gravity" augment is by far the weakest augment. It by far it provides the fewest combat stats. You spend 1000 gold on when you could buy all the MP/5 and CDR from other items (like say a Chalice and/or Book and mana pots, which conveniently upgrade into items which aren't shitty). If you come back to lane with it, any competent support/ADC duo will win the lane on that choice right there. (Its about 900 gold worth of all in advantage you just gifted them). If you compound this by maxing W you're going to have significant problems especially in today's meta of strong ADC.s

Death Augment is a 1/3rd of a Deathcap for about 1/4 the price. It provides so much AP that Viktor becomes a significant damage threat with just it, Sorcerers Shoes, and Haunting Guise.

So yes, you're still a support, but just because you're a support doesn't mean you can't do a shit tonne of damage. And Viktor (so long as he has Death Augment) does a shit tonne of damage.

Now, you can still do this if you're against an ADC without an escape and if your ADC beats the other in lane. But you're far better off going for Karma in that situation because Krama will do more damage, have more lockdown, and provide more general utility than W max Viktor.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1463 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

You are severely underestimating the value of that additional range. Have you tried it for more than a single game? Or are you theorycrafting this in your own head? Because you sound like someone who has 1 or 2 games experience with this discussion.

I mean, if you think W is the worse augment and is useless how do I know you even tested it? Sounds like you never even tried it.

I'm also not comparing Viktor to other support because obviously there are better ones out there. Karma is pretty beastly as a support. Shields, speed boosts, good poke (but skill shotted that can be blocked by minions) and a single target root.

Viktor's W, at max range, is a pretty amazing tool that is incredibly disruptive to an enemy team at engagement. With max CDR is up again in 7? seconds which allows you to control the end of the fight assuming you won the initiation. Max range W allows you to pop that fucker at a max range of ~1000 (825 + field radius) which is just shy of a flash+tibbers.

The augment's stats, allow me to focus completely on non-utility items other than ancient coin. With that coin + augment gravity I have all the mp5 I need and max CDR. this allows me to go for Rylais/Liandrys and Boots/Sightstone. And not waste another inventory spot on an Athenes. This gives me full utility, and now my Ultimate and Beam are procing Ryalis and Liandrys on everyone. Assuming you actually get to full build.

So yeah, Viktor support with the Death Augment is going to be doing a lot more damage. But, I'm really not worried about that, Viktor focused on his W is more about control of the battlefield.

I suggest giving it a go a few times to try it out.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:30:04 AM by Draegan »
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1464 on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:50 AM

I have, yes. Shit, i've run Q augment out of the jungle on Viktor (surprisingly decent but still should have gone Death). The range on W just isn't worth it compared to the raw stats you get from spending the gold elsewhere.

The W augment doesn't "allow you to focus on utility items other than Ardent Coin" because well, you don't need utility items other than Ardent Coin anyway.

Rylai's/Liandry's is decently strong on Viktor, but only really because of the combined 800 HP it brings. Raw AP and penetration end up adding more damage onto your E and R than the burn damage(for much less gold) of the Rylai's/Liandry's combination. It does so with an earlier power spike (because Liandry's needs Rylai's to be efficient you only get the power spike after completing both) whereas Void gets that same spike 2000 gold earlier.

The Rylai's/Liandry's upgrade costs 4315 in total. And gives you 105 AP, 600 HP, 4% HP/second burn, and a slow on your Q/E/R.

Void*/+2000 gold is 70 AP + 35% Mpen + at least 760 effective HP (I.E. two Giants Belts, optionally you're ~1000 gold away from completing a Giant's Belt item if you prefer that)

*with Death Augment Void has pretty similar damage characteristics as a Deathcap unless enemies have under around 55 MR. Its cheaper and you're in the back line (regardless of how long a range your W is) and so picking it up to ensure your laser still does damage to tanks is pretty valuable. Its effective power is similar to 156+30% current AP.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1465 on: January 22, 2014, 08:05:16 PM

If Rengar's necklace change is any indication, when they ever do get around to reviewing Viktor, his Augments will fill in the trinket slot.  It would also be nice if the augments did "more" than what they currently do, in so far that'd I'd be willing to have some kind of negative put on in exchange for boosting a skill (i.e. Gravity aug would do more for his W and some other passive buffs to make him more supporty, but his E's damage and Q's effects are reduced).  You know, something that make him more versatile.

But yeah, allowing Vik to have all 6 item slots back would be  awesome, for real.  For mid, I usually just glass cannon him: Sorc Shoes, Athene's, Rabadon's, Void Staff, Zhonya's, and A: Death.  Replace A: Death with something more fun, like Morello, Liandry's, Abyssal Sept, or even Lich Bane.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1466 on: January 23, 2014, 11:25:01 AM

If Rengar's necklace change is any indication, when they ever do get around to reviewing Viktor, his Augments will fill in the trinket slot.  It would also be nice if the augments did "more" than what they currently do, in so far that'd I'd be willing to have some kind of negative put on in exchange for boosting a skill (i.e. Gravity aug would do more for his W and some other passive buffs to make him more supporty, but his E's damage and Q's effects are reduced).  You know, something that make him more versatile.

But yeah, allowing Vik to have all 6 item slots back would be  awesome, for real.  For mid, I usually just glass cannon him: Sorc Shoes, Athene's, Rabadon's, Void Staff, Zhonya's, and A: Death.  Replace A: Death with something more fun, like Morello, Liandry's, Abyssal Sept, or even Lich Bane.

Well, Viktor's Death Augment is actually pretty slot efficient. The problem is that the other augments don't provide enough stats and, on top of their not providing enough stats they aren't concentrated enough.

Basically, Death Augment gives 99 AP and 30% damage to your E for 1000 gold. Since he only has two non-ult damaging abilities on his non-ult combo/poke this is nearly equivalent to a Deathcap in terms of slot efficiency. Not quite but close enough to go "its ok". But think about how powerful his Q or W augments would have to be in order to have that kind of slot efficiency. If his W when upgraded gave as many stats as an Athenes then it would be about as slot efficient as Death Augment. But to do this it needs 10% more CDR, and 40 MR. 

For Viktor's Q augment to be as slot powerful as say, Rylai's it would need to have 300 more HP and ~25 more AP. (but you wouldn't get the slow on E or R, similar to how Death doesn't boost Q or R damage).

If the W augment basically became strong enough to fully alleviate mana issues (So you lose 3 AP/Level and gain MP/5 level, CDR, and maybe defensive stats) it would make a lot of sense to build because building it would prevent you from having to build an other inefficient mana item. If the Q augment was strong enough to be a primary defensive item (So you lose the 3 AP/Level and gain HP or MR or Armor/Level) then it would make sense to build because it would let you focus on defensive/offensive items as necessary.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1467 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:46 AM

So, yeah, I came crawling back for another hit  awesome, for real

Played through my season 4 placement set, going 4-6 overall (I blame at least one loss on our ADC going AFK, and a couple others on people that just shouldn't play ranked.  The couple others were legitimate "everyone hit the right keys, the other team was just better overall").  Landed in Bronze IV, and after my first couple of matches, I'm feelin' pretty good.  Played Warwick in the jungle both times, going 6/0/16 the first time around, and going on a god-like streak in the second.

I have hopes that if I can keep it up, and with the change they just made to allowing you to bypass your promo matches if you're  awesome, for real, I can make some ladder progress.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1468 on: February 05, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

I don't know if this is bad luck, internet providers having issues or Riot problems, but in literally half of my recent games someone on my team is AFK.

It's really fucking dumb. I keep getting to my promotion series for gold then get 2 games in a row that are 4 v 5. It also highlights how stupid the promotion stuff is. I am clearly better than the people I am playing with. So I get up to promotions, get a bunch of AFK games, lose, get up to promotion series, AFK games again, lose again.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1469 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10:35 PM

Finally got in on the Team Builder live/beta action.  Sooooo much better than the regular matchmaking.  If they ever find a way to get it into Ranked play, so much the better, but being able to consistently play the champ/lane/role I want is far better than what's given now.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: