Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359122 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1400 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:55 PM

Huh.

Hit 6300 IP and I'm not sure who I want to pick up.

Aatrox, Rengar or Thresh.

Probably Thresh for ARAM.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1401 on: June 30, 2013, 09:14:40 PM

Aatrox is a madman at times. I haven't read up on his abilities but it seems like he has a built-in guardian angel/Trynd undying rage thing going on, as well as being hell in lane with attack speed.

Thresh is real good too, though. Rengar disappointed me the last time I played him.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1402 on: June 30, 2013, 10:36:11 PM

He gets a lot of free attack speed for attacking (like trynd get free crits as he builds rage), has a lot of innate sustain in lane (especially below 50% HP) and has a semi GA as his passive(but will lose built up attack speed when this happens).

His ult is a good amount of damage and a bunch of attack speed.

I would build him AD/Crit and then HP
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1403 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:29 AM

Thresh is fucking awesome in every way possible which of course means he is banned 99% of the time.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1404 on: July 01, 2013, 09:54:36 AM

He's finally on sale too if you don't have him yet.  Thresh is super fun in ARAMs.  I had a game once where we had Blitz, Nautilus and me on Thresh.  They were a bunch of squishes too.  Hook city was in full effect.   Every 10-20 seconds one of them would get tagged and deleted.

Patriotic skins on sale also.  Statue of Karthus is lame, but I might pick up Uncle Ryze and Minuteman Gangplank.

-Rasix
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1405 on: July 03, 2013, 11:02:08 PM

Well, I think I gave Master Yi a good send off.  Got my first penta in an ARAM with him.  Hit the for the cycle as I got a quadra, triple, and double in the same game.  The quadra ended it.  It wasn't just a huge squash either, as their comp was a lot better than ours and they had a lot of methods of dealing with Yi.  But one person gets low, and it's time to Yi.  

Not a single person said something nice when I got the penta.   Sad Panda Perils of playing a champ in an environment where he can be incredibly cheesy, I guess.  

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1406 on: July 04, 2013, 08:37:07 AM

Not a single person said something nice when I got the penta.   Sad Panda Perils of playing a champ in an environment where he can be incredibly cheesy, I guess.  

Grats.
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #1407 on: July 05, 2013, 04:07:10 AM

Just won 6 games in a row for a whopping 43 LPs, then i lose 1 game and lost 23! woot
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1408 on: July 05, 2013, 07:57:38 AM

I had my first penta as well the other day on Sivir in ARAM, and no one said a word.  Right after mine though we got rolled by Ryze/Sona/Cait combo.   Didn't matter though I still enjoyed it.

Spoilered pic for hugeness
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1409 on: July 05, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

Nami is a goddamn playmaker in ARAM.  She won't rack up the kills like a nidalee or yi but ARAM it the one place where her ult rules.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1410 on: July 25, 2013, 06:34:44 PM

Here's a cool story...sold my account so that's it for me!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1411 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:05 PM

Here's a cool story...sold my account so that's it for me!

How much did you get for it?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1412 on: July 26, 2013, 09:02:35 AM

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:02 AM

Just "won" an ARAM game in a strange way. We get aced at our own inhibitor, only the enemy Yi is alive. Both nexus turrets are down, all he has to do is walk up, auto the nexus, and the game is over. Instead, he retreats back to his side of the map and lets the game continue. The next teamfight breaks out 5v5 and we ace them 5-0, march down the map, and blow up their nexus before they respawn.

After the game, a few members on my team jokingly (I assume) said 'Honor yi' "honor for yi' and the opposing Yi says in response (paraphrasing), "thanks :) play aram for fun not to win, unfortunately some members of my team don't think so"

ARAM games are short, so I can understand how one loss isn't a big deal, but still; shouldn't you at least be trying to win?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2013, 09:01:46 AM

He was fun having murdering you with Yi. He was hoping to do it again.  Ending the game wouldn't have given him another chance to ace you.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1415 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:18 AM

The new Yi is a serious glass cannon. He has face-melting damage potential, and is a serious team fight finisher with his alpha strike. But gone are the days of unkillable Yi shrugging off damage because his Meditate is so powerful you can't outdamage the heal or because he has so much lifesteal he just can't die. He WILL die taking on 2v1's or worse if he's not careful. But his damage output is just insane.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1416 on: August 09, 2013, 03:17:39 PM

So after falling in love with mundo, I decided to take the game seriously again...2 games told me that was a mistake. Dear god. Back to playing support twisted fate in ranked games  awesome, for real
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1417 on: October 16, 2013, 07:41:14 AM

Really enjoying Jinx, just no bad moves in her kit.  Even if they nerf her I think she's still going to be fun to play.  I do think her ult should have more of a wind up time (like Ezreals).

Other than that... holy crap I think I better just give Riot direct access to my bank account.   Re-released limited edition skins, new Halloween skins, sktt1 championship skins...
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1418 on: October 16, 2013, 07:51:20 AM

Jinx is INSANE right now. She has better range than Caitlyn with her slow which can do INCREDIBLE damage. I was matched up with her 1v1 last night and she just melted me almost every time.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1419 on: October 16, 2013, 10:22:05 AM

Picks leona jungle in ranked.

Hears the team moan. Here's the adc straight up bitch.

Think to myself  why so serious?

Anyway game ends with a solid win, 46 to 16, adc says i'm sorry after i call him out on his bs and the top lane i fed kills only to says good junglar, which is funny considering how badly he'd lose his lane if i didn't partially babysit his lane. 19/1 mid lane (10 of those kills were my doing) says shit besides declaring the brand he was losing lane to as bad.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1420 on: October 19, 2013, 03:37:46 AM

Man this game sometimes.

We had a Trynd who was super fed and was pushing all game, enemy team needed 3 people to stop him. So I say "let Trynd push top and we push mid. Don't need to force fight, just pressure." So instead team takes turns running to help Trynd and dying, randomly jungling, alternately backing, etc, until Trynd is no longer fed compared to enemy team.

The most basic strategy eludes people. I keep thinking maybe at some level people will grasp even the most basic strategy, but if that level exists I'm not even close to it yet. It was basically an unlosable game that we lost.

Edit: Welp. Out team is way behind, makes a great comeback, then instead of taking enemy inhib every runs into double nexus turrets, dies, and we lose.

Edit2: Welp, I've lost like 10 games in a row. Either my team is ahead then finds a creative way to lose, or all lanes get stomped from the outset. Had an Ez that got hit by every Nami bubble the entire game, not once did he even try to dodge away with E.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:03:00 AM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1421 on: October 21, 2013, 12:53:28 PM

Ahh that lovely end of the season lull where 4 out of every 5 fucking games is full of dipshit trolls and utter feeding cunts. If I had access to highly contagious viral agents right now and could send them out through the Internet, I'd probably have enough targets from this weekend alone to depopulate the fucking earth.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1422 on: October 21, 2013, 01:28:05 PM

Ahh that lovely end of the season lull where 4 out of every 5 fucking games is full of dipshit trolls and utter feeding cunts. If I had access to highly contagious viral agents right now and could send them out through the Internet, I'd probably have enough targets from this weekend alone to depopulate the fucking earth.

If you want to play with an 'utter feeding cunt' that you know, look me up.  My handle is Jackabyte and I have a mumble server. You'd probably need to use a smurf account though, I'm only level 21.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1423 on: October 31, 2013, 07:09:12 AM

I finally hit level 30 1-2 weeks ago and placed into Silver I. Went ahead and lost 5-6 games in a row. 2-3 were close losses where teams in the end couldn't manage a team fight. 2-3 games were games where we had trolls and feeders. 1/14 ADCs. Shaco supports, Kogmaw tops.

Good times.

Anyway, I fucking love the new Heimerdinger.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1424 on: October 31, 2013, 08:15:54 AM

I absolutely skullfucked a very unskilled new Heimerdinger last night as Wukong. I could see how he could be effective - he would set up these killing fields of three turrets in a triangle then try to run away, but could almost never get away from Wu fast enough before he took stick to the face. He ended up 3/15. It didn't help that their Alistar support got pissy and left at level 12.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1425 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:43 AM

They fucked his grenade so the new heimdinger is a false hope. SKill shot rockets, smaller grenade radius but 1 MORE TURRET. It's like the Eve rework, oh btw the way slightly positive change, slightly positive change, oh yeah NO MORE STEALTH, have fun.  awesome, for real
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1426 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:51 AM

I absolutely skullfucked a very unskilled new Heimerdinger last night as Wukong. I could see how he could be effective - he would set up these killing fields of three turrets in a triangle then try to run away, but could almost never get away from Wu fast enough before he took stick to the face. He ended up 3/15. It didn't help that their Alistar support got pissy and left at level 12.

A bad Heimer is easy to do. I fed with one of my first Heimer games. Heimer is an amazing lane bully if you start dropping turrets. The problem is they're squishy so someone with a normal gap closer can just squash them one by one, then squash Heimer. He's also easy to gank because he pushes so hard.

The way to go against an AD bruiser is to be a safedonger. Essencially use 1 pt in turrets then level your W and E. Start dorans shield and rush seekers. then go morellos and DFG.  Just harass with W and E and keep a single turret behind the minion wave. Then when you get a gank attempt, drop a grenade, 2nd turret and pop your ult+w. You'll win.

His grenade is so much better now. Easier to land. His old grenade was useless. DFG + R + W = death whoever. Regular W is a good wave clear too.

Unskilled dongers will just spam turrets and push lane. That's a bad idea.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1427 on: October 31, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

They fucked his grenade so the new heimdinger is a false hope. SKill shot rockets, smaller grenade radius but 1 MORE TURRET. It's like the Eve rework, oh btw the way slightly positive change, slightly positive change, oh yeah NO MORE STEALTH, have fun.  awesome, for real

His grenade is so much better than it was. The radius is, as far as i can tell, the same but it travels a lot faster.  He isn't the lane bully he once was but that is OK since he can now have 3 turrets out with 1 point in them.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1428 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:41 PM

The grenades is a false hope thing. The parts look shinny but heimer is still pretty bad. Which is fine, they put in a lot of work to make him playable in normal que.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1429 on: October 31, 2013, 01:52:47 PM

No. Whereas old heimer had a high skill cap for not much reward, new hiemer has a high skill cap for a lot of reward.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1430 on: October 31, 2013, 02:37:18 PM

Whereas the old heimer was half of a good idea, the new heimer is a completion of a medicore idea. Which again makes him simple playable in normal que. But rather worthless against what passes for a meta in bronze league.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1431 on: October 31, 2013, 04:25:55 PM

New Heimer is too much about assassinating people with R + W - doesn't feel very Heimer to me at all. In some ways he's now basically an assassin.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1432 on: October 31, 2013, 04:42:36 PM

Whereas the old heimer was half of a good idea, the new heimer is a completion of a medicore idea. Which again makes him simple playable in normal que. But rather worthless against what passes for a meta in bronze league.

There is nothing you cannot play in bronze.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1433 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:32 PM

There is nothing you cannot play in bronze.

The only decent game with heimer usually invoves a heimer on your team to cancel out each other's suck. Let alone ranked where heimer will go from 5/2 to 5/15 by the time the game ends.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1434 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:38 PM

I've won every ranked game I've played with Heimer this season. To be fair that's only like 6 games, but still.

He was deceptively good in teamfights if you could not instantly die and press R at the right time.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: