Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359520 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1365 on: June 13, 2013, 09:51:52 AM

Olaf axe throw does nice damage to everything it hits.

I think Udyr, Riven, and Shyvanna are at the bottom.

Everyone else has a bit of range or mobility or a 'grab you and drag you back' ability that is useful if you team doesn't suck.

I'd put Xin Zhao, Vi, Trynd, Renekton, Jax and Fizz in the "shouldn't be too bad, but most players will get their fool selves killed plenty" due the leap in.  Probably Rengar and Yi belong in this category as well.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1366 on: June 13, 2013, 09:56:36 AM

Well, Trynd eventually turns into a monster.  His early game is just rough, but a lucky crit, and you'll land some early kills when people do the customary pre-minion dogpile. Melee champs largely hinge on having the right team.  Bad comp and you're just going to die a shit ton.   Leap in characters are really feast or famine on the map.

edit:  I'm on a massive losing trend lately, but it's not really something that bothers me.  Hell, I even kind of just trolled one game and goofed around, which is something I never do.  We had a comp that had absolutely no chance.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:58:51 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1367 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:08 AM

Everyone else has a bit of range or mobility or a 'grab you and drag you back' ability that is useful if you team doesn't suck.

I'd put Xin Zhao, Vi, Trynd, Renekton, Jax and Fizz in the "shouldn't be too bad, but most players will get their fool selves killed plenty" due the leap in.  Probably Rengar and Yi belong in this category as well.

The one champ I always dread rolling is Poppy, and I love her in Dominion (and even don't mind her in SR if it's not too tryhard).  If her ult is down, just forget it.  You've got no heal, no real shield, no ranged attack of any kind, no farm, nothing.  The lane is too wide for her to reliably be able to stun with her dash, so unless you're pinning them against a turret, you're not using it.

Rengar I actually do pretty well with if just because he's at least got a (short) ranged attack and a manaless self heal.  Heals seem way the hell more useful on that map than they should be, I assume not healing (as well as the shop restrictions) are a carryover from the old custom games, but it seems like an awfully unbalancing restriction for a lot of teams.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: June 13, 2013, 01:23:34 PM

I played some bot lane Karma last night. She ain't that bad as an aggressive shielder/slower. I just need to get a solid support item build that gives me both AP and Mana Regen.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1369 on: June 13, 2013, 02:19:42 PM

I don't think I'd run her as a support, I like her a lot better in the mid lane. Q is really cheap for the damage it deals, and you can really win your lane hard if you outplay your opponent. Decent wave clear lets you roam more too.

AP/Regen- Morellonomicon is pretty good for that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:21:37 PM by Azuredream »

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Von Douchemore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1370 on: June 13, 2013, 04:33:38 PM

Olaf axe throw does nice damage to everything it hits.

I think Udyr, Riven, and Shyvanna are at the bottom.

Actually Fizz and Yi are supersafe harassers. Fizz Q in, E out. And Yi just alpha strikes the minions and hits everything.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1371 on: June 13, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

I would say a full tank Alistair in ARAM can change games.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rasix

Reply #1372 on: June 13, 2013, 11:30:13 PM

Yah, Heimer is ridiculous. Last part of the game was mostly dodging Yi and Shaco trying some serious ninja shit to kill me.

The apology is for dropping a turret on Teemo when he was standing in a nest of Shaco boxes.  I don't know how he managed to sit through like 4 box cooldown without DOING SOMETHING, but apparently the turret moved him and caused him to break stealth.  The guy seriously swore at me for like 2 minutes straight.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:33:26 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1373 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

Holy shit dude, you had a perfect game (no deaths).

That's fucking nuts (and in 20+mins?).  What the hell.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1374 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:37 AM

Which ever side has the most poke or the most sustain usually wins out.  In the above match, it would seem that Rasix's team had both  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ludo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: June 14, 2013, 03:35:14 PM

I played some bot lane Karma last night. She ain't that bad as an aggressive shielder/slower. I just need to get a solid support item build that gives me both AP and Mana Regen.

I have been playing mid lane Karma a bit lately, and found her an absolute beast. Her sustained damage is strong, her burst is strong, she has sustain with her heal and shields, she has excellent poke, and her waveclear is also good. Really enjoying playing her as a mid - people tend to rage early on that I picked a useless champ, but then midgame and lategame when they see the massive damage and get saved by her shields, they change opinion :)

I am building her chalice, morello, liandry's as her core, rest is situational. Rabadons is good, as she scales very well with AP.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1376 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

Holy shit dude, you had a perfect game (no deaths).

That's fucking nuts (and in 20+mins?).  What the hell.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1377 on: June 14, 2013, 09:33:20 PM

REPORTED FOR FEEDING
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1378 on: June 17, 2013, 11:19:35 AM

I have been playing mid lane Karma a bit lately, and found her an absolute beast. Her sustained damage is strong, her burst is strong, she has sustain with her heal and shields, she has excellent poke, and her waveclear is also good. Really enjoying playing her as a mid - people tend to rage early on that I picked a useless champ, but then midgame and lategame when they see the massive damage and get saved by her shields, they change opinion :)

I am building her chalice, morello, liandry's as her core, rest is situational. Rabadons is good, as she scales very well with AP.

I was solo queueing, and I had a great game where I went 8/4/27 as a bot support. Of course I'm only level 10 and not playing with very good players. But it was still satisfying.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1379 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:41 AM

I'd like one day where I don't feel like liquidating the entire LOL community. People are just fucking idiots.

I pop into solo queue ranked, and I'm last pick. I figure I'll support - I've been playing Zyra lately and really digging her. The other team picks Khazix, Xin, Draven, Jayce and finally Vayne. So it's a 2 ADC kill lane, which is something I got destroyed with on Saturday night. I have the very last pick. Our team has gone the more traditional route - Hecarim (jungle), Aatrox (top), Akali mid and our ADC chose QUINN even though she'd already seen Draven be picked. Now IMO, Quinn is a SHIT ADC. Sure, she can dole out some crazy damage late game but early-to-mid game, she doesn't impress me. So seeing the kill lane, I pick Cait and say they've got a kill lane bot.

The team freaks out. NO NO, the best counter is a ADC/Support. Well, no, not really, not at this skill level. At this skill level, you counter fire with fire. And Cait's extra range and damage/crit/poke potential would really help, not to mention the flank protection with traps. But nope, choose a support. Ok, fuck you guys, I'll be a team player and take Zyra.

Bot lane gets DESTROYED. We did ok early but eventually we just can't soak up that much damage or hold them off. They take our turret and I look up and the kill score is 1-12 against us. And it only gets worse. Our Akali is having "lag" issues and getting owned by Jayce mid. Top turret goes down because apparently every Aatrox I play with is going to lose top lane. Hecarim babysits mid and never ganks bot. And of course, they won't fucking surrender.

And it keeps going like this for 20 minutes. The other team is just destroying us. They won't surrender. Finally, mid lane team fight breaks out and it's 4v4 because Khazix is coming behind us to take out our inhibs and turrets. We are down to 1 turret. The other team LOSES the team fight and loses it HARD. Hecarim kills Khazix for an ace. We push down the turrets and the nexus before the other team can respawn.

All in all, I like the league points but we should have just surrendered. This game was not worth the wasted time and frustration. The only reason we won is because of one bad team fight because we got dominated the rest of the game. I told them they should all be ashamed.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1380 on: June 17, 2013, 07:16:07 PM

I've learned my lesson to never play ranked seriously. I pick support because, you know what? Fuck it, support lets me lock in whatever I want. Don't want to lane with teemo, too bad. Don't think gangplank support is awesome? Feel bad for you. If it works well enough in normal I play it in ranked. Why? Because the shit heads deserve ap master yi support after so many wasted games.

Now everything so often, I grow a heart and feel that playing seriously will be rewarded with maybe decent games where I actually enjoy playing win or lose. This last for 4-5 games before reality sets in and I end up getting once again trolled out of a game I actually put some effort into.
Rasix

Reply #1381 on: June 19, 2013, 12:14:52 AM

stuff

Well, if you want to go the kill lane route, Caitlyn is a pretty bad choice. She really will only be able to poke. You can always play something like Annie, Lux, Nidalee as support.  They suck, and you'll need more farm that you can get.  But you've got CC, damage that scales with level (because you won't get shit for farm), and semi-carry potential.   Yorick would be fun there too.   As an aside, a "kill lane" is usually two bruisers with CC.  Or Blitz/Ali/Leona with a bruiser.   The point is that you just jump on someone and kill the shit out of them before the other team can do a thing.

So their lane was Draven and Vayne?  Fuck, just pick a support with a heal.  Farm at tower and then win because they've got 2 ADCs splitting farm.  Have jungle camp bottom because they won't be able to do anything about ganks and when's the last time you saw an ADC ward?

You get the weirdest ass team comps in with your MMR.

I don't think I'm touching ranked again until season 4.  I'll probably play 5s on a smurf for a while, because I'm pretty sure all of this ARAM play has ruined me for laning and just play in general on SR.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:17:50 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1382 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:48 AM

I'm just gonna dump some really old pictures here. I'd love to get back into LoL but I just don't have the incentive to do so.

edit: bonus
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:51:13 AM by schild »
Ludo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1383 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:26 AM

Speaking of Teemo...

http://www.twitch.tv/teemodies

All kinds of awesome. This was made by some engineers at Riot, and streams Teemos dying via the spectator technology. These are legit, almost real-time, Teemo deaths.

In the interest of actually making this post relevant to the thread topic, and blowing off some steam: Nothing pisses me off more than a passive-aggressive thrower in ranked. Was fast approaching promo til Gold III when I met one of these people who feeds 2 or 3 kills, then decides the game is lost and starts throwing on purpose, but while trying to look innocent in chat. What kind of mental deficiency makes people troll when they themselves were the ones who have been feeding? Is it some juvenile way to save face, "I am trolling anyway, so I can pretend I didn't get schooled hard in lane". Really sad to see people waste the timer of others with such crap. And the chance of the person being punished is close to nil, unless it is a chronic offender, and those are pretty rare.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:34:02 AM by Ludo »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1384 on: June 19, 2013, 11:54:48 AM

Teemo is still my favorite character.

I miss my SS Agent Richard Gill handle, some ass complained about nazi's, so I changed it to Chocolate Jesus.

Also, holy shit Ive been playing LoL for a very very long time.

I think I've only played ARAM though for the last 6 months.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1385 on: June 21, 2013, 02:25:19 AM

Speaking of pictures, I've, ehehehe, recently remembered that I have Urgot.

Also, jesus christ schild, did it really used to look like that?! Hideous.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1386 on: June 21, 2013, 08:24:55 AM

Let me guess. The other team was made up of shitheads who treated the game like a death match?

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1387 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:06 AM

More like the other team was the average LoL playerbase.

Oh no we're up 20 to 2, lets just go back to base every 100 gold and group up to pick off stragglers.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1388 on: June 21, 2013, 08:57:20 AM

That's what I said.  why so serious?

schild
Administrator

Reply #1389 on: June 21, 2013, 12:15:15 PM

EVER HEARD OF A GANK?

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2013, 03:35:25 PM

Oh no we're up 20 to 2, lets just go back to base every 100 gold and group up to pick off stragglers.

I just won a ranked game because of that. Now granted i am down in ELO because i hadn't played ranked in a while but i whipped out the Mid Veigar as first pick. Got counterpicked... hard [Lee Sin] and camped by the enemy Shyvanna who was constantly counter jungling. Did decently in lane (I.E. Only died twice and once got a kill out of it with the other unavoidable) but in general the enemy was stomping because i couldn't put pressure down.

So the enemy waited for 50 minutes and then I was Veigar trololol.
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #1391 on: June 23, 2013, 09:52:22 AM

Just had to share this, when i'm not getting trolled every game i tend to steamroll.

hold on haemish is a terrible tech support

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:42:31 PM by Phry »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1392 on: June 23, 2013, 01:44:14 PM

But I'm very helpful.

schild
Administrator

Reply #1393 on: June 24, 2013, 04:49:37 PM

Giving my LoL account to a friend. If you see me online, it's simply not me. I've ignored everyone on my friends list. Thx.
Rasix

Reply #1394 on: June 24, 2013, 04:50:21 PM

You forgot to gift me all of your RP first.  Shaking fist

why so serious?

Actually now that I don't really play SR, the Pokemon drive is severely neutered.  I haven't bought RP in a long while.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:54:06 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1395 on: June 24, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

Let me guess. The other team was made up of shitheads who treated the game like a death match?

It was actually a bit more comedic than that. They had been slapping us around for the majority of the game, but hadn't pushed in to rax (and we'd managed to actually hold our ramp a couple of times). So they decide to take baron. I read it, and CV them as they are doing it. A short time later our Ez times his ult and snakes the kill. Understandably the other team is a bit miffed. We make a bit of a tentative foray towards mid, and they take the bait. We win a team fight because they can't make up their minds if they want to commit to an all-out battle.

Turns our, our carries have actually been farming pretty well (the Ez was killing it) and with the baron buff we frag a couple as they fall back. The remaining players try to stall us at their 2nd tower, and get run over (because Urgot ult > Caitlyn). We look at the timer and realise that we have like a minute, and that they are coming out staggered, not as one group. So we push push push and kill all mans.

The game literally turned on one-and-a-half team fights following a baron snipe. Which is why I hate people who spam surrender  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: June 26, 2013, 11:19:07 AM

I've been learning mid for a week or so now. Been playing TF and Kass. Fun champs, just got Kass last night and I love the teleporting.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1397 on: June 26, 2013, 02:39:40 PM

So, I have been playing a lot of Nasus lately, great, fun champ. Then I remembered I had his brother in my stable as well. This is unranked, of course.

So I pick Renek, team decides to send me bot with Vayne as a support (I am fine with that, she gets the farm, I get the kills).

Game starts, I notice we don't have a jungler but two ADC's (last second pick of Ez), Tryn goes top, Nid goes to mid.

I have already a bad feeling about this game. Ez sends me top with Tryn, Nid him and me try to steal blue, fail but get two enemy flashes on CD from our try. Enemy jungler is a Taric (wtf, but he had an awesome skin, Bloodstone or something).

Tryn and me push top REALLY hard, I get a kill of Irelia under the tower and a kill from Taric who tried to sneak up on my in the tribush.

Our Vayne gets killed and disconnects. I roam through our jungle, kill their Lux in mid, kill their bot Lane (Cayt+Threash), Kill Taric on my way back to base.

Then this happened.

Might have been my first game without dying.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: June 27, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1399 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:15 AM

Most impressive thing about that is that they are all played in one day.

That's a crazy streak.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: