Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356834 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: February 11, 2013, 07:37:00 AM

I've stopped caring about solo ranked, without any real time team coordination it's much more like rolling the dice than anything.  Sure you can carry to 'some' extent but if you got a bad roll on your teammates then it's still a loss.
Does it still count for solo ranked if you duo with someone ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: February 11, 2013, 07:45:53 AM

It does and sometimes that will increase your chances but the randomness of it is just too much for me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1192 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:47 AM

At least then you both can have fun blaming the fuckhead who loses you the game. Or if it's one of you, you can mercilessly remind him of it over and over again.

YAY! PROMOTION!

Thought I was dead when I had a shitty game as Alistar support, but thanks to Phry, I got a good game as Mao that put me over the top. Thought it would go horribly wrong when I die to a coordinated blue invasion but apparently that was the last bit of coordination the opposing team could do. They absolutely could not win team fights. Their Akali was the only competent one on the team against our mediocre Mordekaiser mid. Their Olaf died like 3 times in the first 10 minutes AND lost his tower top to me and a Renekton that just raped face all game. Mid fell next even though our Morde was losing the lane because we got three pressing the tower at once and tore it down. It all snowballed from there.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1193 on: February 11, 2013, 09:49:45 PM

I love getting stuck with ADC because another guy called support, and then losing horribly because I've honestly never seen a more clueless support player since I've started ranked.  FFS.   THEY PICKED CLARITY.  ON SORAKA.   Argh!

Cait/Soraka v. Sivir/Sona.  She fought constantly in a lane you really can't fight in.  She took tons of free damage. Never warded.  Rushed a hextec revolver and started with a dorans. Last hit minions with starfall.  I had to grind my teeth to keep from screaming at my monitor.

Next game, I swear we would have lost if it wasn't a 4v5 from the start.  Our botlane crushed on our own pretty much, but the Vayne would have been useless late as she was pretty terrible.  Just took advantage of no jungle pressure and a support Malz (which kinda works early).  I think we were only up a handful of kills at the surrender, but their turrets were getting blown to hell.

edit:

Heh, went 10/5/14 on Swain after not playing him for like almost a year.  New itemization works pretty well for him, I'd say.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:53:14 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1194 on: February 14, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Two epic games of completely opposite proportions.

Go into ranked solo, get top, pick Renekton. Haven't played him much at all and probably shouldn't have. GET ROLLED. Figure out 20 minutes into the game that, no, his dash W ability does not actually stun people unless you hit your W first. Luckily, it didn't matter because it had to be the worst team I've ever been on. We were down 4 - 18 in the first 10 minutes. By the time 20 minutes rolled around (and of course we voted NOT to surrender), we are at some obscene level of getting facerolled and are so underleveled to the man that people are just EVAPORATING in team fights including me. I fucked it up hard, but I was not the only one. Not one person on that team could point to their own performance and say "I did OK." Lost the game at just under 23 minutes. One of the worst team ass poundings I've ever taken.

I decide I'll play one more before taking the dogs out for the night. It's only like 9:10 or something. Confusion erupts in the chat room and it may have been my fault. I asked for top, 1st pick takes top. Ask for ADC, 2nd pick takes Kha'zix and I swear he said he would be ADC as Kha. Yes, I've actually seen someone try that before. I don't dodge, but decide to take Mao jungling. Apparently, Kha'zix was going to support. 3rd pick takes Taric. Fifth pick takes Galio.  ACK! Now we have 3 nominal tanks, and no ranged ADC. This is going to be BAD. We are up against a Garen, Rengar (j), Anivia, Ashe and I forgot who the support was. Within 2 minutes, Ashe has scored a double kill. Towers get pushed. We can't win a team fight. I do get 2 early ganks on Anivia and Phry (who I had on Skype spectating the game) informs me that Ashe has 10 CS. I look and sure enough - she's got 10 CS. This is AFTER a double kill where the lane was hers and she pushed to turret. Slowly but surely, our insane level of tankiness starts to tell. It takes our whole fucking team to kill Garen who is snowballing hard but team fights last forever because myself and Taric (who was terrible) and Galio are so hard to kill. Zed is snowballing into a facemelter. Ashe can't position herself for shit, is underleveled most of the game, gets 2 infinity edges for no reason and gets caught out by my root all too many times.

70 minutes, 3 Barons and 3 aces later and we win. At level 18, the amount of crazy ass damage absorption ability we had was insane. It got so bad, I sold a tanky item to get some more damage (iceborn gauntlet). So long as they didn't focus Zed, we were unstoppable. As soon as I saw Ashe or Anivia in range of my root, it was ROOT, SLAM, ULT. If she didn't run away, she was dead. It was an epic game of bad playing and suboptimal team comps.

Rasix

Reply #1195 on: February 14, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

Wow, it saved the really choice dickheads until my promotion games.  I think I reported 5 players in two games.  undecided

It's funny when you're the guy who's promotion is going down in flames, and you're having to remind your psychotic team that it's "just a game".

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:29 AM

I can live with people getting upset when losing a ranked game.  At least it is ranked.  It is the closest thing to a LoL game that "matters" most people will ever play.  I mean, there are limits, but I can deal with some outward frustration.  What really gets me is when some guy does this in unranked.  Hell, I had a guy on my team going nuts last night in an ARAM because we were losing. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1197 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:56 AM

Wow, it saved the really choice dickheads until my promotion games.  I think I reported 5 players in two games.  undecided

That seemed to be my experience with most of my promotion games as well. I lost my first series to just some of the most horrible teams imaginable.

Rasix

Reply #1198 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:26 AM

Well, the team comps weren't great either.  

First team had no damage and a Galio that died 7 times in lane to Kayle.  Cho also managed to die to Kayle a lot ganking. Team was really beefy but did no damage.  Nunu/Cait is a tank shredder.

Second team was messed up when my client glitched out during champ select and it randomed me Sion as well as showing 2 bans for Malphite. The mid said he would play Sion.  Our top picks Poppy and everyone gives him shit.  Now, everyone's bitchy before the game even starts.  Despite that, the early game is OK and we hang with them for a lot of it.  However, Sion loses lane badly.  The jungler is awful and goes to pieces when his red is stolen. The top lane Poppy does what Poppy does and just gets a bunch of solo kills and does nothing in team fights.   Our Caitlyn does nothing but complain about her luck inbetween insults for everyone. The team is screaming at each other the entire game, using language that might make Haemish cringe.  When they run out of shit to say to each other, they say shit to my internet connection.

Just miserable.  I really wish it'd just auto-dodge instead of randoming. Or they could just not give out an outloss on promotion dodges.  A high requeue penalty would be enough.   

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:18:20 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1199 on: February 15, 2013, 08:36:02 AM

I swear half of the problem with League of Legends is they have no good way to handle disconnects or queue dodges. The other half being the shitsipping chucklefucks playing the game.

I still think there ought to be a bot that takes over for a DC. Sure, he won't be better than a skilled player. But I've had games where all it would require was a warm body autoattacking and/or taking damage for us to win a 4v5. And I've had some games where that #5 guy is so worthless, the team does better without him.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: February 15, 2013, 03:27:21 PM

I can live with people getting upset when losing a ranked game.  At least it is ranked.  It is the closest thing to a LoL game that "matters" most people will ever play.  I mean, there are limits, but I can deal with some outward frustration.  What really gets me is when some guy does this in unranked.  Hell, I had a guy on my team going nuts last night in an ARAM because we were losing. 

As someone chronically hooked on co-op v. AI matches, yeah, this.  Like 99% of the games are totally laid back affairs where you just roll around and punch shit with your team.  And then you get that 1% where some guy thinks he's John Connor or something and starts flipping his shit every time something goes wrong.  I had a game, I think it was maybe two weeks ago, where our mid was an Annie, and she spent the entire game screaming at our jungler for everything, not ganking mid, not participating in teamfights, stealing kills, not saving her when she died, etc. etc.  Literally like twenty straight minutes of her ranting into space.  I think by the end of it, everyone was something like 10/2 or 15/2 except Annie who was like 3/8.  It was ludicrous.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: February 15, 2013, 04:50:31 PM

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1202 on: February 16, 2013, 03:00:43 AM

Don't judge!  I'm the same way.  Well I wouldn't say hooked but I'd rather play a quick AI game.  I'm really pretty bad, and while that usually doesn't concern me in a pvp game, when you have 4 other people who will be detrimentally affected by my shit play, I'd rather watch streams.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: February 18, 2013, 04:44:32 PM

Mob
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: February 18, 2013, 05:39:00 PM

Hah! Just finished my last placement match. Silver 5.

See you soon, one way or the other.  awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1205 on: February 18, 2013, 07:09:49 PM

Sometimes, I really wonder why I keep playing this fucking game.

Get first pick in the queue, go ADC since Malphite got banned. Shen was left unbanned so I grabbed him and agreed to trade with last pick. He'd Shen top and I'd ADC. All good. The rest of the players pick lanes and roles except 4th pick, who finally says he's support. He grabs Thresh.

He then proceeds to inform us all that he's going to invade their red and if we don't, he'll feed. THE FUCK? Well, insane-O's plan works out, sort of as we grab the red, first blood and I think another kill or two. I finally make it bot and start trying to farm and he comes up behind me BALLS TO THE WALL RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHGHGHGHGH berzerker style, just going crazy ass buck wild aggressive to try to kill the Graves and Sona combo against us. Now, that's a really dangerous combo to try to push on, but it seems to be working. I even get a double kill when Kha'zix comes to gank and Shen ults down from top to help. So maybe this won't be so bad. However, then Thresh informs me he'll support top because I don't know how to play the game. Apparently, he plays the game to "kill a man not farm." From then on, there's no fucking telling where he'll be but it'll usually be right down the other team's throat like he's Olaf or Trynd or something. Laning is just a fucking afterthought for most of us because we're constantly having to have whacked out team fights. At 16 minutes, the kill score was 18 - 16 in our favor. So the enemy team finally figures this shit out and starts acting like a team, actively hunting us out in 4's and 5's. Idiot Jax then makes a stupid remark about Thresh saying that he's trolling and "jewing" him by kill-stealing.

Shen is Jewish, or so he says.

From then on, it's only a matter of time. Thresh insists on fighting any time he sees ANYONE on the other team, whether it's a good idea or not. I left him to die at one point because it was Khazix and Sona vs. me and him near one of their turrets. Fuck him, I ain't dying for that shit when there was nothing to be gained. According to him and Shen, that makes me bad at the game.

I want a superpower that lets me give someone the crotchrot through sheer mental will.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:38 PM

Well I made gold 5, going 3-2 in my promotion matches. Was quite a roller coaster.

Game 1: Enemy team is 5 tanky guys, I'm Thresh, they are winning early but eventually our damage outscales their defense. Pretty standard game. Win.

Game 2: Our team leader pick Blitz then says he doesn't play Blitz. I offer to trade since I do play Blitz but he doesn't say who he wants until about 5 seconds left on timer, then names a champ I don't own. I pick a top, then the other people on our team say they don't play any of the remaining roles, so basically every person is playing a role they are bad at. Blitz misses every single hook the entire game, at least outside of laning phase, including against people standing perfectly still, so it's basically a 4 v 5 game. Lose.

Game 3: I am Nami, with Graves bot. We sit in the bottom bush and when their support Zyra shows up I bubble her and we kill her. Then we kill their Cait while Zyra is in base. Then we kill both of them again. Graves has a Bloodthirster in less than 8 minutes and I have a Chalice in that time. I end up going 3/1/32. We got a kill bottom lane literally once a minute for the first 10 minutes or so and took their tower at the 5 minute mark. Win.

Game 4: Guy goes Heimer mid then goes AFK in first 10 minutes. Loss.

Game 5: Person on their team picks AD Cass then immediately AFKs. Win.

So out of 5 games basically only 2 were legit matches and only one of those wasn't a total stomp.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: February 21, 2013, 09:00:59 AM

When is the FoTM tanky meta going away? I'm getting bored with it.

I wanted to jungle with Shaco but the entire team started freaking out about Shaco jungle in ranked being horrible. Go tanky or take your ball and go home seems to be the only way people are willing to play.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Rasix

Reply #1208 on: February 21, 2013, 09:04:24 AM

Eh, if you can jungle Shaco, I'm sure it'd be a fucking terror in Bronze V.

That's a pretty awful AP Kayle build.  Jesus.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:05:55 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #1209 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:13 AM

Yi flamed the entire time and would CHASE me running away from him killing himself with each hit while I would barely have a dent in me. Was fairly laughable.
I'm never leaving bronze. Bronze for life.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1210 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:15 AM

Season 3 really does appear to be the year of the tank. If your team has +1 tank on the other team, you will probably win unless your ADC and APC are just fucking toolsheds.

Rasix

Reply #1211 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:09 AM

Yi flamed the entire time and would CHASE me running away from him killing himself with each hit while I would barely have a dent in me. Was fairly laughable.
I'm never leaving bronze. Bronze for life.

I don't think I ever will either.  Getting in 1-2 games per day on average (and skipping days..) doesn't lead to improvement, especially when you don't care.

Plus, I can't seem to win or lose more than 2 in a row.

And yah, those guys needed a last whisper or two. A burst AP carry might have helped as well.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1212 on: February 21, 2013, 09:24:33 AM

That Twitch needed to build some fucking AP for one thing. Since the Twitch revamp, he is not an attack speed/crit monster, he's all about poison. They should have built him like AP Teemo. Building that Kayle as a hyrbid pretty much ruined any chance she could do worth a damn against those tanks, and I'm sure Talon ate her lunch since she had no armor resists to speak of. Jarvan seems to have gotten a boost from S3, but I still fucking hate that character.

Rasix

Reply #1213 on: February 21, 2013, 09:31:59 AM

AP Twitch.. noooo.  He's still a hyper carry.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1214 on: February 21, 2013, 09:45:04 AM

Holy shit, apparently I didn't look too closely at Twitch's AP scaling since the changes. My bad, he's so totally not AP at all.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: February 22, 2013, 04:42:35 AM

Dinged 25.  I'm now comfortable enough in solo Q to just say that I'll play anything but Support.  Doing this in the last few games and being flexible seems to be resulting in very positive results.  Went ADC with Tristana and had Alistar as my Support.  The slamming and bamming of Alistar allowed me perfect rocket jumps all over Sona, and it shut them down pretty damn quick.

Next match allowed me to play Top with Yorick, and somehow I overcame the meta with ghoul-punching Vlad into submission.

Third match had me going Mid with Viktor, and I had a pretty pretty bad early game against Syndra, but in the end a 500 AP boosted Death Ray + ult cleaned house of the enemy team with a well placed stun trap and ally support.  The other team was so mad over it we were accused of cheating and exploiting bugs or some shit.  Apparently Viktor doesn't get that much play?  I told them it's called a Death Ray; it fucking kills things.  Deal with it  awesome, for real

One of these days I might learn Support....one of these days  why so serious?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:46:50 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: February 22, 2013, 05:38:55 AM

I'm surprised how little Morgana I see lately. I've tried picking her back up since she's "not worth banning" and she still seems very strong.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: February 22, 2013, 04:45:11 PM

Top Yorick is not outside the meta.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:45 PM

Overcoming Vlad in top apparently is, according to most champ counter sites.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: February 22, 2013, 05:06:21 PM

I'm surprised how little Morgana I see lately. I've tried picking her back up since she's "not worth banning" and she still seems very strong.

She doesn't scale particularly well into the late game compared to some other AP mid choices.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: February 22, 2013, 06:30:50 PM

Overcoming Vlad in top apparently is, according to most champ counter sites.

No. Vlad is easy to counter top and yorick counters fucking everyone(including vlad)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: February 22, 2013, 06:55:57 PM

She doesn't scale particularly well into the late game compared to some other AP mid choices.

Scaling damage perhaps but she's got such a good cc component that I think it makes up for it.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: February 23, 2013, 12:46:42 AM

The problem with Yorick is that late game he is fairly useless other than for his ult or for chasing after you win a team fight.

He's the type of champ that is only even when ahead in lane and is behind when even.

Morgana is kind of the same. You really need to get and stay ahead with her to scale into late game. Especially in this era of tanky teams.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: February 23, 2013, 02:16:15 AM

Never said Yorick was a cold-blooded killer, but his assist value is superb.  Tankiness + ranged slow/nuke + copying your team's ADC in a team fight =  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I usually do the cookie cutter with him; rush Manamune, build Merc Shoes, and then work on Frozen Heart/Spirit Visage together (I'll buy a Kindlegem and a Chain Armor/Glacial Shroud for the mid-game.).  For extreme tanky, I'll pick up Warmogs and either Runic Bulwark or Randuin's, otherwise I get crazy and grab a Atma's/Black Cleaver/Last Whisper.  The synergy between Atma's/Warmogs/Muramana/Spirit Visage/Frozen Heart is nigh insane, as they just feed into each other for extra AD and survivability.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1224 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:44 PM

Scaling damage perhaps but she's got such a good cc component that I think it makes up for it.

Not really. She has one CC ability aside from her Ult and its on a relatively long CD. Her ult, lategame, is almost impossible to use since the enemy team will just blow her up unless she builds tank... but if she builds tank she has useless damage.

She is also hard countered by high health bruisers since her ability to kill relies on enemies being dead in a combo and AD assassins (since her shield does not stop their damage)

Compared to popular mids like

Kayle, Orianna, Lux, Ryze, TF, Syndra her CC is difficult to achieve and unreliable. Compared to these champions her ability to burst down or peel for a carry is non-existent and her non-lane utility is questionable. She doesn't even compare to uncommon AP mids like Zyra, or Zilean, or Ahri, or.... basically everyone but Veigar and Alistar and Annie... which are actually useful as hard counters to specific champions (Karthus, Eve, Katarina respectively)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: