Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 360179 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: February 24, 2013, 05:21:36 PM

Hourglass  awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: February 24, 2013, 05:56:40 PM

Congratulations you can't move and now they all just avoid the stun....
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1227 on: February 24, 2013, 10:48:21 PM

This game would be great if it weren't for the fucking people. Again, another rage inducing series where I get awful matchups, don't get to support, and get paired with a bunch of pimple popping, angry teens.  0-2

Yes, team, it's my fault you walk into spears.  That's all on me.  Idiots.  Me and the volibear were like the only ones that didn't eat multiple spear deaths.  And how do you fucking give up triple kills on a Nidalee roam?  Bot lane dives hard when mid is mia. I just dont'...  Argh!

So, yah, first time in a long time that I've had to mute a set of people. Taunt me for being in bronze, when you're in... wait for it.. bronze.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:50:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1228 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02:59 AM

I had to mute 2 assholes on my team within 10 minutes of a game - the first one I had to mute as soon as we got in game because he continued to bitch about pick order. He was last pick, wanted top, and was told that he couldn't have it because well... 5th pick. So he insists and continues insisting that pick order is for trolls who don't want to use common sense. /boggle

He picks Mao and luckily he does not suck. Then Katarina keeps shitting all over me and telling me what items to buy and so on (played a mediocre at best Xin jungle). MUTED X 2. Luckily we won, but holy shit sometimes I want to give all of them keyboard cancer.

Rasix

Reply #1229 on: February 25, 2013, 11:53:09 AM

I should just call support from now on.   Just had a 5/0/16 Taric game where I was just KSing for giggles at the end (we won like 42/10 in a 25 minute game).  Their support Fiddle was just horrid.  It's really a bad idea to stick around in a pushed lane when you're really low HP, and I have a stun.

Previous game was just as manly, but our top had connection problems (and fed), our jungler wasn't doing well, and our mid got wrecked.  Had a great play where they were trying to sneak in a dragon, and I managed to drop a ward,  stun and burst down their Rammus, and scare Cait away.   Nearly had her as well, and we got the low life dragon with a Nidalee spear (I would gotten it, but it looked nice at least).  Just not much we could do against a fed AP Yi with a Darius and Cait backing him up(who got like all the team fight kills).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:03:47 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1230 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:10 AM

I'm going to estimate that if you call support in ranked, you will get support without a fight in 99% of the games you play.

Rasix

Reply #1231 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:49 PM

I get a lot of poorly spelled, surprised responses when I do.  Only time you get a conflict is with a premade.  Then they end up feeding horribly and blocking the surrender votes.  Last premade bot was down 8-0 and the Trist had 27 cs by the 10 minute mark.  There was no way to even help they were down so much.  Going down there would just feed another kill.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: February 25, 2013, 12:35:00 PM

I'm going to estimate that if you call support in ranked, you will get support without a fight in 99% of the games you play.

This is my plan which usually works until...

you get a duo bot that depends they play the same lane.  Guess what? When you are on comms, you don't need to be in the same goddamn lane! Have someone in the jungle, coordinate ganks well but noooo, we're friends so we have to be next to each other!

I have never, ever seen a duo bot work well, only duo's in diff lanes. I'm sure in theory, two people who know each other could play the lane well but anyone with any kind of skill has their duo in different lanes to better coordinate.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: February 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM

This is my plan which usually works until...

you get a duo bot that depends they play the same lane.  Guess what? When you are on comms, you don't need to be in the same goddamn lane! Have someone in the jungle, coordinate ganks well but noooo, we're friends so we have to be next to each other!

I have never, ever seen a duo bot work well, only duo's in diff lanes. I'm sure in theory, two people who know each other could play the lane well but anyone with any kind of skill has their duo in different lanes to better coordinate.

I think part of the problem is that friends casually playing together don't actually necessarily play together well.  I find that I almost always do better with an adc or support that I don't know in bot lane because you have to just get a feel for what people are doing and go for things.  When I am on comms with my friends we always discuss - and by the tiem we are done discussing, its too late.
Rasix

Reply #1234 on: February 25, 2013, 02:12:22 PM

Friends aren't always the same ELO too, which makes for interesting match making.  You can't really hide the guy that doesn't belong.  He will fuck up and will end up getting someone fed.  You just have to hope that his friend makes up for it.  Doesn't happen when the higher elo support can't keep the lower elo carry from splatting every 2 minutes.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: February 25, 2013, 07:19:17 PM

Just played ANOTHER game with a bot duo.  Against my better judgement I let them even though I had first pick, lesson learned.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: February 25, 2013, 07:46:44 PM

Congratulations you can't move and now they all just avoid the stun....
Missed this so it's a late reply but...

In a team fight the enemy team now has the choice of slowly trying to run out of the stun range and if your team is in position with you then the other team gets picked off.  Whether they eat the stun or are forced to retreat it's a game changer. 

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: February 25, 2013, 10:22:50 PM

Duo bots lose 90% of the time.

The other day I played with a duo bot who before the game started said they were on Skype together and had won like 20 games in a row. Cut to 20 minutes later and our bottom lane is a combined 6/20 or something like that.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #1238 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:46 PM

So, are people not dodging because of the slight LP penalty?  I just had to support for a guy that was last pick, said he didn't play ADC, so though he'd try AD Lulu.  We got wrecked early, but he caught up late.   Game was mainly lost due to a first pick Garen that was so upset at AD Lulu that he swore (nonsense really, he was foreign) constantly and trolled the entire game.  Plus, the hyper fed Kat kept trying to 1v5.  That doesn't work when you don't buy a GA or Zhonyas.  I was amazed we could even be in position to win that.

-Rasix
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:16 PM

Only reason i don't dodge is if i am in a promotion series

In a team fight the enemy team now has the choice of slowly trying to run out of the stun range and if your team is in position with you then the other team gets picked off.  Whether they eat the stun or are forced to retreat it's a game changer. 

If Morgana can make it into the middle of your team so that she can get the ulti off then she deserves it...

But she can't so its a moot point.

Of all the game changing Ults (which is to say pretty much everyone's ult) Morgana's is the weakest
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: February 26, 2013, 06:32:47 AM

Flash, ult, hourglass.  Really not hard to get into the middle of the fray and I completely disagree, her ult is still one of the deadliest when used correctly but she's been banned so often people forgot. 

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:01 PM

Flash, ult, hourglass.  Really not hard to get into the middle of the fray and I completely disagree, her ult is still one of the deadliest when used correctly but she's been banned so often people forgot. 

She hasn't been banned often in a year. Flash does not provide enough range to get you into the middle of their team because even in order to get close enough to USE flash so you can ult their backline you will be in range of their bruisers... who will kill you. If you do make it into their entire team and they don't just kill you because you hourglass then you're still not close enough to their carries to stop them from repositioning out of your ult. Think about all the AoE Flash Ults which people find valuable and ban out today? Amumu? Malphite? They all have either range on their ult, or a separate gap closer. What about other Common bans? Hecarim, Vi, j4, Xin? Gap closers, gap closers, more gap closers.

And of course, if you require flash to get your Ult off then you have 5 minute cooldown on your ultimate.

Morgana is good for one thing and one thing only. She can farm. But so many other mids can do that now its not particularly valuable.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1242 on: February 26, 2013, 08:48:35 PM

Morg was vastly overrated for a long time. When she was banned a lot in pro play she still had like a 30% win rate. (The same is true of Yorick. Banned a lot but mostly lost when picked)

Especially in this new meta where people play tanky guys and build health and more and more characters have movement abilities. The chance of stunning someone squishy is pretty low, and outside of her ult she doesn't do much.

IMO if you are going to play her might as well play her as support. She doesn't do as much damage but still has all the same tools. Can still bind, can still shield someone from status effects, can still ult and stun. Her shield works really well on teams where you have someone who needs to run into the enemy team like Singed, Xin, etc. If you shield them there's almost no way they won't make it to their intended target.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rasix

Reply #1243 on: February 26, 2013, 10:09:45 PM

Nothing quite like turning around a 1/6 (might have been worse, the start was awful, including them nearly killing me during a blue invade) team start into a 42/15 win.  That'll teach Zed to spam laugh at me.  

Horrid laning phase (Amumu accidentally took 2nd blue), but team fights weren't even close.  The duo bot actually did some work and were nice.  shocked

And I won with Ryze.  Doesn't matter how well or how hard I carry with him, I always seem to lose. Nice to buck the trend.

edit: not sure that start could have been worse.  They invade. Nearly kill me, but they blew an exhaust and ignite, and I was able to flash away.  Amumu had to start with no blue.  He tried to steal theirs and died to Malph.  Then h tried to gank top and fed a kill and red buff to Jayce (who then killed Darius).  Tried to give me blue and acidentally took it and then Zed sniped him with Malph in the jungle.  Malph ganks me and lands an ult away my tower.  I was able to flash under but they still dove and killed me.  Luckily my ult kept me alive long enough for the tower to kill Malph (that was our first kill).  Then we just started warding up our jungle and pouncing every time they tried some cute shit.  Next attempt to fight after I got blue ended up with me getting a double kill after our bot lane collapsed in to help.  Rest of the game was hilarious stomp after stomp in team fights including a 4v5 ace while our ADC was disconnected.  Crazy stuff, but a fun game to win.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:34:25 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1244 on: February 27, 2013, 09:49:57 PM

I played Garen top lane tonight and should have STEAMROLLED a team. They picked Diana to go against me and I raped her. 5 kills before I lost 1 kill. Just absolutely dominated her but I couldn't knock down the turret. They switched Alistar to the top lane, which kept me from getting the turret down and slowed me up. Apparently, Diana used the break to farm up and shit all over the rest of the team, which allowed Brand and Cait to get fed too. From then on, the team just couldn't do a goddamn thing right - and much of the time it meant leaving me alone against 4 or 5 in situations we could win or in situations they created with stupid choices. Like the time a Taric decides to start off a Baron hit with just me and him and flashes away the minute we get engaged by the other team leaving me to get surrounded, CCed and killed. Or when we get a near ace, have all their turrets down and Ez decides to farm the minions in our base instead of pushing to get their inhibs down. I mean, we had all 3 of their inhibs uncovered for 10 minutes and never once got to hit on them because we wouldn't go as a team. I was raging by the time we lost because the team could have won if they'd have just applied some aggressiveness.

Rasix

Reply #1245 on: February 27, 2013, 09:58:13 PM

Last pick afks throughout champ select.  Randoms Ashe, asks what their role is, and then won't dodge.  Fucking assholes. (I dodged with 2s left)

So, after one loss due to an afk (jungler never moved), I get another one.   Sivir leaves and never comes back at lvl 10.   Then this happens:

Nearly lost when we got engaged on and lost 2 immediately to Kassadin (we were tanking a turret, smart in a 4v5).  I run and manage to lead Rammus, Garen, and Taric on a juke filled jaunt through their jungle.  Finally, they see that Kassadin is trying to end it, so Garen and Rammus peel off thinking that Taric will kill me.  A support v. support hilarious battle chase went halfway across the map with Taric finally saying "fuck it" in all chat and giving up.  Then Panth, Singed and Lux respawn and kill 3 of them.  awesome, for real  

That was a lot of fun.  Makes up for the OTHER 4v5. Awesome luck all around tonight.

edit: Shit, I forgot boot enchants.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:18:40 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: March 04, 2013, 06:21:09 PM

Playing support Sona, Twitch tries to go all ninja assassin on an Ashe/Taric twice in a row and dies both times.  Blames me for "not doing my job."

I'm done.  I just can't do this anymore.  I'm sick of being verbally berated by teenagers.  Every time I play this game I end up quitting  in a bad mood, win or loss.  This is the same thing that made me quit the first time around, and it's gotten bad enough that I just uninstalled again.  

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:22:44 PM by Malakili »
Rasix

Reply #1247 on: March 04, 2013, 06:52:42 PM

Playing support Sona, Twitch tries to go all ninja assassin on an Ashe/Taric twice in a row and dies both times.  Blames me for "not doing my job."

I'm done.  I just can't do this anymore.  I'm sick of being verbally berated by teenagers.  Every time I play this game I end up quitting  in a bad mood, win or loss.  This is the same thing that made me quit the first time around, and it's gotten bad enough that I just uninstalled again.  

Relevant

Lower elo players just don't know when it's a dumb idea to fight. 

"Hey, Trist, that MF now has a full bloodthirster more than you and Taric pretty much counters me. "

"OK, engage in 5."

Facepalm
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:54:19 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: March 04, 2013, 06:53:27 PM

Wish I could disagree, but I can't.

I really like the underlying game here, but being stuck in a game with four cackling jackasses is just fucking grating in a way that few other games can match.  This is one of those games I wish I had time to devote to so I could get something like a regular team going, but solo queue is just frustrating in all the wrong ways.

There's a bunch of stuff Riot could try to do to fix this (new game modes etc.) but I get the impression that they're so focused on E-SPORTS RAAAAARGH that the rest of the game languishes a bit.

I'm not quite at the ragequit stage yet, but it's definitely getting rarer for me to venture outside the marshmallow gumdrop land of Co-op vs. AI matches these days.  The new ranked system has made me super nervous to dip my toe in without being SURE I'll win, and I don't know how to get that reassurance in solo queue.
Rasix

Reply #1249 on: March 04, 2013, 07:03:13 PM

New ranked system really isn't much different except it makes people extra butthurt and trollish over their special promotion games. Plus, no one is willing to dodge now, so you get some extra special team comps.  Everyone's taking their low ass elo very seriously.

However, it's about as miserable as normal draft. Normal draft means you'll get entire premades trolling on you, should you prove to be anything less than a magical combination of every member of Gambit Gaming at every role.

-Rasix
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1250 on: March 04, 2013, 07:21:06 PM

New ranked system really isn't much different except it makes people extra butthurt and trollish over their special promotion games. Plus, no one is willing to dodge now, so you get some extra special team comps.  Everyone's taking their low ass elo very seriously.

It's just the fact that it's easier to go down than up that throws me, because you need to win promotion series to advance but dropping is automatic.  So assuming a roughly random series of games, I suspect I'll drop down to the bottom of silver 5, and the only way out will be to be so good at the game that my brilliance can overcome every feeder, AFK, and troll I run into somehow and carry the team to victory.  I just get the feeling that a chart of my ranking over time is going to look like a big U shape, with me currently sitting on one end and the gold division on the other, and a huge yawning chasm of frustrating WTF in the middle. 

Part of my mind realizes that in the long run, I'll probably end up better than I am now... but another part of my mind suspects that in the short run, this shit is going to sting.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: March 04, 2013, 07:29:15 PM

Part of my mind realizes that in the long run, I'll probably end up better than I am now... but another part of my mind suspects that in the short run, this shit is going to sting.

This is another part of LoL that I really dislike.  Games are long and often painful, and the lack of replays mean that it is REALLY hard to learn efficiently.  Coming from SC2, where I can abort a game at will if I make a big enough mistake and where I can carefully review losses that I thought I was playing well, LoL is just like an endless series of hoping I fumble into learning something.

I'm a very systematic learner, so having to basically just mass game is not my style at all.

Rasix

Reply #1252 on: March 04, 2013, 07:35:13 PM

Official replay is on the PBE apparently.  I expect it won't be fully functional on the live servers for months.

I just realistically can't play enough games to get that much better.  I could almost play enough with SC2 since most games didn't go longer than 15 minutes.  But.. alas, APM.

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1253 on: March 04, 2013, 07:48:01 PM

Official replay is on the PBE apparently.  I expect it won't be fully functional on the live servers for months.

I just realistically can't play enough games to get that much better.  I could almost play enough with SC2 since most games didn't go longer than 15 minutes.  But.. alas, APM.

You can do pretty well in SC2 with modest APM.  Diamond league is a reasonable goal.  It is also more of a muscle memory thing than it is a physical limitation for most people, it is building the muscle memory that is hard.

But back on topic, yes, SC2's game length helps a lot. combined with the fact that is 1v1 so I can dictate what I am doing, focus my practice, etc.

In LoL not only do I play few games with no replays, I am also playing 5 different roles (because I always try to fill so that the team gets off to a decent start without a huge fight) and probably 15 different characters, not to mention you have to take into account the composition of the rest of your team.  I played mid lane earlier today and I realized I hadn't even played mid in like two weeks because it always gets nabbed.  But this one time no one called it.

It just doesn't seem to be a game which is set up for someone like me to play.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1254 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:38 PM

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1255 on: March 04, 2013, 11:17:47 PM

You can install LOLReplay and it will record your matches passively.

If you're playing bot lane i would be happy to look at your replays and give you some tips

I am currently silver 1 and don't really get a lot of abuse as support. Its happened a few times, but not often. I think people realize that its a lot harder to support than it looks.

Most common complaint is "we need wards on X". Though the most funny was "some supports don't realize that sight stone just isn't enough vision" to which i replied "well if you realize it why don't you buy some wards?"
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1256 on: March 04, 2013, 11:34:42 PM

You can do pretty well in SC2 with modest APM.  Diamond league is a reasonable goal.  It is also more of a muscle memory thing than it is a physical limitation for most people, it is building the muscle memory that is hard.
[/quote]

Most APM in SC2 is ended up wasted clicking multiple times to do the same thing(beyond the best players). So long as you're actually doing things you can be successful, and most of the "doing things" part is muscle memory.

Official replay is on the PBE apparently.  I expect it won't be fully functional on the live servers for months.

Its hard to get better without watching commented games.  Studio is great and all, but i like this guy better because Studio will take like 1 hour to tell you some really simple things and this guy will pack lots of information into like 6 minutes all about bot lane dynamics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nysyli?feature=watch

http://www.twitch.tv/nysyli
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1257 on: March 09, 2013, 09:10:36 PM

So, I was feeling pretty down about my experiences with solo queue, and midway through writing my four hundred page manifesto to Riot about the problems with it, I somehow stumbled on the trailer for Dominion.  I had previously dismissed it as being the runty little brother to Summoner's Rift which Riot was trying to shove down our throats, so I'd ignored it, but the video mentioned a number of things I was specifically cheesed off with about Summoner's Rift, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Surprisingly, it actually solves most of my gripes with solo queue, and I've had a lot of fun with it so far.  The "meta" is basically "one guy goes bot, the other four are in a huge brawl at the top" so the whole pre-match argument about who goes support and who goes top is about 95% gone, just choose someone you can get kills with and ruin faces.  I'm really enjoying it, and it's pretty much single-handedly pulled me out of my "screw this game" funk for now.  I do wish Riot would support it a bit more (ranked queue would be nice) but it's still fun.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1258 on: March 09, 2013, 10:32:43 PM

Ranked for Dominion would be fantastic. I don't solo queue in SR because I'm not going to argue over position and I'm only comfortable with one support (Nunu, can't find anyone else that works quite like him). Oddly enough, the solo lane in Dom is the one nobody wants, which is just fine with me. I still take Nunu there as well. In most 1v1 matchups he's completely broken.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1259 on: March 09, 2013, 11:07:08 PM

I find Dominion is fun for when I only have 20 minutes or so to kill or I want to try to learn a little bit more about how to play a champ. There's definitely not as many viable champs for it, but you can learn a good bit about ADC/top/mids from it.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: