Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:29:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 359889 times)
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #1260 on: March 11, 2013, 11:56:36 AM

I really enjoy dominion because I rarely have a whole hour for a game on SR.  Two pieces of basic advice:

When you're starting out, everyone will yell at you to fight on point and wait for enemies to come to you.  Don't listen to them -- keep your lane pushed and control the jungle so you can't get ganked while pushing. 

Take revive with the mastery that lets you move fast when you use it.  You'll know you're getting good when you start getting on teams with five revives.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1261 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:37 PM

When you're starting out, everyone will yell at you to fight on point and wait for enemies to come to you.  Don't listen to them -- keep your lane pushed and control the jungle so you can't get ganked while pushing. 

I seriously want to choke someone every time I hear this piece of shit advice, and it at least happens 3 times a day.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1262 on: March 11, 2013, 04:19:01 PM

Pushing vs defending on Dominion is basically the same as in Classic: pressuring lanes is good but you need map awareness in order to do so safely. The difference is that it's ten times harder to know where your enemies are because Crystal Scar is smaller than Summoner's Rift, blue-pill and death timers are much shorter, and players aren't as tied to their lanes. Poor map awareness is easily my biggest, most correctable weakness and about half the lanes I lose I would win if I just knew when to back off and avoid ganks.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1263 on: March 12, 2013, 07:52:37 PM

When playing Dominion you defend when you're ahead. If you have 3 points you still push but you don't want to be caught out, you want to hold the points.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:46 AM

There is only the bottom lane in Dominion.  There are no other lanes that matter.  There are nodes, the health and speed boosts near those nodes and minion waves that you might occasionally attempt to use to push a node or might be inconveniently pushing one of your nodes.

If you are not bottom and are in anyway thinking of SR while playing in Dominion, you are doing it wrong.  Top and their bottom are equidistant from your base, the only reason top is preferable is because their bottom is a shorter run for them.  If you aren't making headway up top, gank bottom, then switch top.  It's not complex, but it is not SR.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1265 on: March 19, 2013, 08:23:51 PM

Queues are full of shitheads tonight. I've had 5 straight queue dodges. Vein in my forehead pulsing. Stroke likely.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1266 on: March 19, 2013, 08:38:45 PM

I haven't played for like 2 weeks.  I just can't summon the will to dive back in. I kinda like ranked best out of ranked/normal draft/blind; but when you're an old man playing this game, it sure pairs you up with some degenerate fuckheads. When does ELO/LP decay set in?

Out of nowhere my son named one of his toys "Shaco".  He's never seen my play LoL.  I'm a bit frightened.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: March 19, 2013, 11:01:14 PM

That toy is probably hiding right next to you.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1268 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:13 AM

Had a garren ask for top. I mean whine for it. We let him top, he feeeeeeeds their rumble, begs for ganks every minute and proceeds to suck for the rest of the game. I mean damn. Why ask for top if you can't hold your lane? And you now what I wouldn't mind ganking his lane if middle and bottom didn't suck. Fucking broke my back carrying these dumb fucks. End up losing the game anyway so yeah....
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1269 on: March 21, 2013, 11:56:39 AM

I believe you were trolled, good sir.  Much like I and a co-worker were earlier today.  "Support" Jax complained about lag the entire game, while stacking 5 Giant's belts.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

Reply #1270 on: March 21, 2013, 11:58:46 AM

Garen tends to follow the rule of Shaco.  Every Garen that instalocks or begs for the lane on your team will always be trash.  They'll go 0-9 in 15 minutes and speak English at roughly a 3rd grade level with every other word being some sort of immature swear.   Every first pick, instalock Garen on the other team is Voyboy or Wingsofdeath on a smurf, and ends up being an unkillable, spinning god of death.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:00:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1271 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:30 PM

I wish I fucking knew why it was true.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1272 on: March 21, 2013, 12:09:06 PM

Confirmation bias.

"Me am play gods"
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1273 on: March 21, 2013, 12:13:08 PM

Well time to support shaco. Hue hue.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1274 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:08 PM

As every pair that demands duo bot lane will undoubtedly be terrible.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1275 on: March 21, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

Played ranked at lunch, ended up 4th pick. Called ADC which means nothing. 1st pick called support, 2nd and 3rd call top and mid. So I think, ok good, I can be ADC. Then 5th pick says he can't play anything but top or mid. This is AFTER 1st pick grabbed Lulu support. 2nd and 3rd pick do not want to trade their lanes. I ask 5th if he'd rather ADC or jungle and he says ADC so I jungle Mao.

I spent the first 10 levels of the game constantly having to go from lane to lane to try to pull off just ONE FUCKING GANK - which didn't work because every lane was either overmatched or sucked hard. I did get one kill on Lux mid lane but it was seriously like I'd be headed bot and top would need help, or mid would need help. I spent more time running over the map trying to help lanes and dying when I get there (because let's face it, I had no time to farm so had not enough tanky items to be worth a fuck). And Ashe is complaining about how no one listened to them say they can't play bot lane.

Why would you play ranked if you aren't at least willing to be halfway competent at all lanes? Game was a complete waste of time and of course "terrible jungler" was put alongside "terrible ADC." That team had a lot more problems than just my jungling.

Rasix

Reply #1276 on: March 21, 2013, 03:20:11 PM

Why would you play ranked if you aren't at least willing to be halfway competent at all lanes?

Out of 53 games, I've had to play ADC once and jungler zero times.   

I think willing to play 3/5 roles is sufficient.  Most people rarely list more than 1. I have such a low overall volume of games, it's really not feasible for me to get comfortable enough for ranked with all roles.  I've never, ever been a good ADC or jungler.  I don't see that changing unless I just playing normals for a long while.  Then my top/mid/support will go to shit.

It's very rare in my elo that someone is willing to "fill".

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1277 on: March 21, 2013, 03:29:17 PM

So I patched and came back for a game or two, hoping that some of the heroes that were added since I last played would be in the free rotation. No such luck, only the same old, same old.

Jumped into an all-pick game, and looked blankly at my list of characters. My team seemed to have sorted itself out during that time, everyone calling positions and picking characters. Seeing as we had all our caster and ranged/dps spots taken, I locked in Garen because I though we'd need something tanky to be at the front.

At some point, one of my team-mates was all like "jugnle Garen!?1" and I'm like "lol like they think I know what I'm doing".

Anyway, went top together with Diana (I think? Evil Soraka clone thing). Sat in the grass for a while, watching the enemy Nocturne "last hitting". Long story short, their Irelia came top to gank as well, and seven kills later I'm free-farming up and down bot and mid lane, their team is talking shit in allchat.

Then they surrender at 20. Wee, this game. Oh this game.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:56:51 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1278 on: March 21, 2013, 03:47:25 PM

So I patched and came back for a game or two, hoping that some of the heroes that were added since I last played would be in the free rotation. No such luck, only the same old, same old.

You sure?  The newest champ (Quinn) is free ATM.
Rasix

Reply #1279 on: March 21, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

Usually the new champ is free 2-3 weeks after release.  Rest are random/semi-random.  Some seem to be chosen on whom they're looking to adjust (nerf/buff) next.

edit: All-pick.   awesome, for real  Blind pick is usually crap.  Nobody ever wants to jungle, support or adc.  It's a competition to see who can lock in their top or mid the fastest.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:54:24 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1280 on: March 21, 2013, 03:57:34 PM

Oh yea, the hawk girl/boy thing was available, but it got instalocked before I could even find it on the grid.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1281 on: March 25, 2013, 01:27:04 PM

Played my first real game in S3.  Picked up Darius since he was on sale and tried him out.  Laned against Jayce which was bad because I really didn't know what he did (do now!).  I would have lost the lane but my friend was jungle and we had 2 successful ganks which kept me in the game.   Ended up winning the game, 12/5/13, game went really long because of a horrid baron call when we had no vision that cost us our mid inhib (and baron).

Worst part was while I was in the end game screen the pump on my CPU cooler failed and I had to shut down.  Ordered a new CPU fan (not water this time), new 120mm case fan and some thermal paste/remover.  No gaming rig until at least Thursday  Heartbreak  Hopefully my CPU is ok, I shut down quickly so I'm guessing there is no damage but I'm no expert on these things.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1282 on: April 11, 2013, 11:14:13 AM

I've been trying out Twisted Fate lately in blind and I am continually struck by HOW BAD players in blind really are. Just fucking awful. Wards? What are they? Focus fire? Nah. Don't need it. 3 games I've played with TF, and I've lost 2 and won 1. The 2 games I lost I went mid against Kassadin and Ryze and absolutely KILLED the lane. Just pushed and pushed, got kills without dying, and this was with almost no jungler ganks (because the junglers suck so hard in blind). The game I won I tried AP TF in bot lane since someone took mid before I could get it. I was getting hammered early by a Vayne/Sona combo because I was building AP and thus had too little damage. It didn't matter as we started winning elsewhere and made Vayne leave the lane to help another lane and we steamrolled.

But just... wow. I'm not as good as I've been in these blind games. The level of play is just atrocious.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1283 on: April 11, 2013, 12:10:20 PM

i love rediscovering champions. And after floundering around with various champions in ranked, I discovered jax top.... and several winning games latter finally got the hell out of tier 4 silver. Now starting to wonder if i'll get out of silver with just jax....
Rasix

Reply #1284 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:13 PM

Heh, just found a Panth + skin code in my inbox.  Wonder if it still works.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1285 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:02 PM

I realize I get stabby quite a bit but the other day, LOL made me SUPREMELY STABBY. Like burn the entire fucking thing down stabby.

I queue up, picks go fine we go to the loading screen and shit just stops happening. I figure, client crash, blow up the client and reload. Get back in game and our ADC never returns. 4v5 we lose even with me doing my best hypercarrying with Jax. I'm just simply not good enough to hyper carry even at 800ish elo. Fine. Fuck Riot.

Next game is a perfect example of what's wrong with the LOL community and why it's so irritating that Riot seems to be doing fuckall about it. Picks are going ok when the 5th pick starts in with the "N" word. No reason, no one has been unruly or douchey so the word just popping up is offputting to say the least. So when called on it, he begins shittalking and "I'm black" and etc. He picks an ADC but the 4th pick gets Xin instead. Loading into the game and our top Jax decides he will refuse to play with a racist. So he spends the whole game sitting in spawn and arguing about how he's right for doing so. I muted the racist first, and I finally muted him about 10 minutes in. Needless to say 3v5 we fucking lost hard. And of course, neither would surrender.

Why is there nothing in the champ select screen that lets me report assholes? Why can't 4 other players see that some dicknose on their team is being a troll and initiate a vote to kick him and reset the champ pick? Just start the fuck over with the same 9 players and add another one from the queue? I can see not putting this in blind or normal, but in ranked where people are trying to raise their elo/league position? If 4 other people in a random solo/duo queue want you gone, you should probably be gone. But no, the only fucking option is to either queue dodge and not play for 30 minutes as well as take an IP penalty or go into the game and hope the shitbird doesn't fuck it up too hard for you, or waste the same 20 minutes waiting for the option to surrender to come up and hope 3 other people agree with you.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1286 on: April 16, 2013, 03:23:35 PM

I'm up to Gold IV now. Haven't been playing much, maybe 2 ranked games every 4 days or so, but still winning consistently playing almost only support.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1287 on: April 17, 2013, 02:04:51 PM

I'm completely spoiled by the 20 min ARAM.

Just a sucker for random selection I guess.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1288 on: April 17, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

I play ARAM to unwind after playing ranked. I try not to play more than 2 or 3 ranked games in a row, when I do I turn into a rager.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1289 on: April 22, 2013, 11:28:11 AM

I realize I get stabby quite a bit but the other day, LOL made me SUPREMELY STABBY. Like burn the entire fucking thing down stabby.

I queue up, picks go fine we go to the loading screen and shit just stops happening. I figure, client crash, blow up the client and reload. Get back in game and our ADC never returns. 4v5 we lose even with me doing my best hypercarrying with Jax. I'm just simply not good enough to hyper carry even at 800ish elo. Fine. Fuck Riot.

Next game is a perfect example of what's wrong with the LOL community and why it's so irritating that Riot seems to be doing fuckall about it. Picks are going ok when the 5th pick starts in with the "N" word. No reason, no one has been unruly or douchey so the word just popping up is offputting to say the least. So when called on it, he begins shittalking and "I'm black" and etc. He picks an ADC but the 4th pick gets Xin instead. Loading into the game and our top Jax decides he will refuse to play with a racist. So he spends the whole game sitting in spawn and arguing about how he's right for doing so. I muted the racist first, and I finally muted him about 10 minutes in. Needless to say 3v5 we fucking lost hard. And of course, neither would surrender.

Why is there nothing in the champ select screen that lets me report assholes? Why can't 4 other players see that some dicknose on their team is being a troll and initiate a vote to kick him and reset the champ pick? Just start the fuck over with the same 9 players and add another one from the queue? I can see not putting this in blind or normal, but in ranked where people are trying to raise their elo/league position? If 4 other people in a random solo/duo queue want you gone, you should probably be gone. But no, the only fucking option is to either queue dodge and not play for 30 minutes as well as take an IP penalty or go into the game and hope the shitbird doesn't fuck it up too hard for you, or waste the same 20 minutes waiting for the option to surrender to come up and hope 3 other people agree with you.
Take a screenshot, send an Email. I have made one or two accounts disappear that way.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1290 on: April 23, 2013, 07:38:10 AM

This weekend I had my worst losing streak ever. 7 straight fucking games that saw me drop from Bronze 4 to ZERO FUCKING POINTS in Bronze 5. Yeah, it was that bad. Not only did I have some bad games (and some not so bad), but fully half of those matches had either a troll feeder or someone disconnect really early and never return. Absolutely infuriating.

So last night I decide to play one game, cross my fingers and pray. I pick Swain mid, with a Cait/Janna bot, Katarina top and Amumu jungle (we had some weird bans). We were up against a Malphite top (again, weird bans), Akali mid, Zed jungle with Ezreal/Cho'Gath bot. Load game, Cait never connects. Fuckles. So I get prepared for 20 minutes of utter shit. Happily, I do pretty decently in my lane despite only getting one unsuccessful gank (no casualties). Ok, maybe we can hang on. Then Amumu disconnects. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Fine, 20 minutes can't come soon enough. I'm winning the lane, get a good kill and am pressing down the turret. Cait comes back and we tell her to start farming and she does without complaint. She gets caught a few times because the other team starts pushing together. We take down mid turret but lose all three first line turrets. They finally punch through mid when I try to push bot and take down the inhib as well. I figure we're fucked, game over, GOD... DAMN... IT.

Then something amazing happens. Amumu comes back and we defend and defend well. We pick off a few straggler kills and just start farming up our levels and items. Suddenly, 5v5, they can't win a team fight. They can't push down turrets. They can't do shit. We finally split push with 4 of them going top and taking down the second line of turrets while I take down mid turret and the opponents are too busy trying to have a team fight top away from their turrets and losing. Then they realize mid is going, come to me and our team completes an ace. From there, we just hammer down mid turret, inhib and both nexus turrets. We pull back, mow down the bottom turrets and take out a few more of them and they surrender.

Final score 40-18 our way. Yes, that's 40 kills to their 18 with a 3v5 for at least 10 minutes of the game, no ADC bot until after the first turret was down, no real tank until Amumu came back. I had 11/3/14 with Swain and just tore through them in team fights. Their Zed was 0/9, their Cho was 0/9. Their Ezreal was the only positive one at 8/7. Their Akali was 5/11 and bitched that it was all her team's fault in the chat afterwards. None of our team bitched at each other. The Malph was 5/8 and Akali tried to complain that Katarina is a hard counter to Malph top and that she lost lane because Swain is a hard counter to Akali. Truth is, their team was just terribad and we didn't suck.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1291 on: April 24, 2013, 04:32:48 PM

I have nightmares even imagining what Bronze V is like. I'm in Gold IV now and it's still pretty derptastic. I will say though that the number of people who start raging two minutes into game or throw a hissy-fit and AFK after first blood does seem to be decreasing.

Rasix

Reply #1292 on: April 24, 2013, 04:42:08 PM

I have nightmares even imagining what Bronze V is like. I'm in Gold IV now and it's still pretty derptastic. I will say though that the number of people who start raging two minutes into game or throw a hissy-fit and AFK after first blood does seem to be decreasing.

I used to watch Haem's games a lot.  They're pretty entertaining.  

1.  Everyone builds damage, unless another stat gives you damage for free.  Then they build lots of that.
2.  Everyone fights all the time.  See hero, kill hero, screw everything else.
3.  If someone gets slightly fed, they will initiate into anything.  Akali will 1v5 np.
4.  Once people start getting kills, they stop csing all together. You'll see someone at 15 kills and sub 100 cs 35 minutes into the game.  This person will also likely have no assists and double digit deaths.
5.  The games go out 10-15 minutes longer than they should, because no one pushes an advantage or groups up as 5.  

You see some really dumb shit and some real big headscratchers, but the action is pretty much non-stop. So many kills for free.  You also see some people that honestly have no clue how to play and would lose to easy bots.  Those are the rarities, but they do exist and they do play ranked.

Some of the laners are pretty decent, but they just don't make any good decisions outside of lane and pretty much never ward.  The lanes all snowball really bad.  

edit: It's really weird, because my bronze II games just felt worlds different than what I see in bronze IV.  Granted, most of my teammates and opponents would be silver players (complaining about the few bronzies). 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:47:02 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1293 on: April 24, 2013, 04:56:32 PM

I've dropped down from Bronze 4 to Bronze 5 like 5 times now. Just the difference in skill level between those two levels is ASTOUNDING. However, being Bronze, the level of derpiness, raqequitting, AFKing and DC's does not change so even when I do good in Bronze 4, I'm often just as fucked as when I do bad.

Almost nobody wards. Sometimes not even the goddamn support wards. They often place wards in really shitty places. The lack of CS after kills and lack of grouping up is rage-inducing at times (and I am also very guilty of both this and getting killed because I'm in the wrong goddamn place).

Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #1294 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:13 PM

Lol just stop playing without me Haemish ;)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: