Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Terra Nova 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terra Nova  (Read 28602 times)
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:44 AM

Terra nova comes at a time when the only other show to look forward to is archer and supernatural. its harmless stupidity.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 07, 2011, 10:33:45 AM

Watched the second episode. Still enjoy it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 12, 2011, 05:45:16 AM

It's bad enough that my local Fox carrier doesn't broadcast their local content in HD, so whenever they switch the feed from HD to SD, my DVR freaks out and cuts up recorded content...now I have to go through content segments and shit that's completely out of whack due to the MLB game pushing the broadcast time back, and cutting off my House episode  Shaking fist

Anywho, this week's dinosaur guest craved nickel, the common cold can fight off man-made viruses, and the bad guys seem to have a way to make contact with the future via their own methods.

I'm thinking this show would do better on The CW lineup  swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 07:12:57 AM

Yeah, episode 4 was pretty bad, they have so much other stuff to do, but they do a "Quarantine" episode that was....rather dumb.  Shame. Needed more dinosaurs.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 13, 2011, 05:21:46 PM

So I finally got around to watching the pilot of this show.  It's been sitting on my DVR all this time but I always had betting things to do, like clean my bathroom or stare aimlessly into space for a couple of hours.  But I finally broke down and I have to say it wasn't what I expected.

I expected a bad show with poor writing.  What I got was one of the worst shows I've ever seen on network television.  If TV Tropes ever lost all their data and had to rebuild from scratch, they could take care of most of it just by watching this show.  I'm pretty sure this thing is 'written' by a computer that's programmed to scan all the plots and dialogue from the last 20 years of tv shows and regurgitate the most commonly found bits and pieces.  Except the show I watched didn't even make that much sense.

I could make a laundry list of all the things that don't make a lick of sense, only some of which has already been covered in this thread, but I won't.  Instead I'm just going to ask one question that I kept asking myself every time all these idiots were shooting their useless guns at the bulletproof dinosaurs: Why the fuck didn't they send back any helicopters?  Oh, one more: why did the Avatar dude let Tina Turner leave Bartertown with the guy who tried to assassinate him?

Anyway, now I can now confirm that staring aimlessly into space actually is a more constructive use of time than watching this crap.

Over and out.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 13, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

It puts me to sleep within 15 minutes.  It stays on the TiVo for a sleep aid.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 13, 2011, 09:59:10 PM

My son loves dinosaurs and trains.... So... my only comment is this show needs more dinosaurs and trains.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 17, 2011, 05:18:48 PM

Halfway thru tonight's show I find I like Taylor even though I know he's got skeletons.  But is he the Dictator for Life of TN?  And have they explained TN's economy?  The guy giving Taylor fruit reminded me of the Godfather going down the street.  And TN gets reinforcements, why are they scared of the Sixers? 

I know I'm not supposed to try to make sense of the show but I can't help it. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 12, 2011, 07:10:50 AM

Halfway thru tonight's show I find I like Taylor even though I know he's got skeletons.  But is he the Dictator for Life of TN?  And have they explained TN's economy?  The guy giving Taylor fruit reminded me of the Godfather going down the street.  And TN gets reinforcements, why are they scared of the Sixers? 

I know I'm not supposed to try to make sense of the show but I can't help it. 

Just remember what they did to Lost. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: November 12, 2011, 07:38:41 AM

No worries, I quit watching it. 
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 12, 2011, 02:56:30 PM

I'm still watching but not with much enthusiasm. Are the ratings still good enough to justify its expense?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 12, 2011, 04:23:12 PM

Did they ever ship a simple helicopter or two to the colonists, or is all that high technology still restricted to weapons that don't affect the wildlife and fancy medical stuff?

Over and out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #117 on: November 12, 2011, 09:43:53 PM

I'm still watching but not with much enthusiasm. Are the ratings still good enough to justify its expense?

It got a 2.6 share and house got a 2.7 so apparently so. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-terra-nova-hart-of-dixie-258757

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #118 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:01 PM

My son loves dinosaurs and trains.... So... my only comment is this show needs more dinosaurs and trains.

You and your son are aware of the show Dinosaur Train? Not sure of your son's age, but mine loves it. A time-travelling train for dinosaurs takes a family of Pteranadons and their adopted t-rex son to different eras to visit different dinosaurs for a variety of reasons including trying to find out what kind of dinosaur the t-rex kid is. They don't know because his egg wound up in their nest somehow and he hatched at the same time as their other kids. It's a PBS show and manages to pack a fair ammount of atual information into each show while still being entertaining.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 14, 2011, 10:09:37 AM

Oh I have deal with him singing the theme song about five times a day. He also likes driver Dan.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #120 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:21 PM

The episode tonight (US time) is apparently the first written by the guy I mentioned in the first post, who was a writer on Firefly, Castle and Dark Angel. Not sure if that will change anything, but he did propose a Terra Nova drinking game on Twitter.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: November 20, 2011, 07:00:10 PM

If it was drink every time you saw a dinosaur, you would be pretty darn sober by the end.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 20, 2011, 07:04:19 PM

You saw dinosaurs in every single episode of 'Land of the Lost' and that was a Saturday morning kids show.

Just sayin'.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 21, 2011, 06:52:44 AM

You saw dinosaurs in every single episode of 'Land of the Lost' and that was a Saturday morning kids show.

Just sayin'.

They just don't make Saturday morning kids shows like they used to.  So much goodness...now it's all english dubbed anime imports, and the stuff that isn't is on cable  swamp poop

Anywho, regarding Terra Nova, like Camelot, it's still a silly place.  Maybe this next episode will improve things, since it seems things are starting to come to a head now that all the players have been established.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: December 19, 2011, 07:00:43 PM

Two-hour season finale just wrapped up.  I'll nutshell it along with the last few episodes for those playing along at home.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #125 on: December 20, 2011, 07:30:08 AM

That sounds just as retarded as I expected, only with more  swamp poop

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #126 on: December 20, 2011, 08:46:42 AM

Meh... once it hits hulu, I'll finish out the season. Other shows have peaked my interest more this season though.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #127 on: December 20, 2011, 12:35:56 PM

Yeah, I felt the reveal of the contents of the container from the Badlands was completely underwhelming.

I was hoping for

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 02:02:19 PM

I think the spoilered wish twist would have been better but its not unexpected they need to keep the future past tension up for a bit.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 02:28:05 PM

I was thinking that, since they were cut off, the mercs and Terra Nova people would come to some kind of truce.  With the mystery of the Badlands now on the table, who knows what will happen.

The bigger question is, will we ever find out?  The show hasn't been renewed for a second season.  So, this finale does close up quite a few threads, while leaving some open for the future, just in case they get picked up again.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: December 21, 2011, 06:48:13 AM

There hasn't been a decision either way AFAIK.

Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: December 21, 2011, 07:47:43 AM

All I want to know is what happens to Sky? (from the show... not here)  everyone else can burn for all I care. Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: December 21, 2011, 07:56:08 AM

All I want to know is what happens to Sky? (from the show... not here)  everyone else can burn for all I care. Ohhhhh, I see.

Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: December 21, 2011, 09:49:48 AM

Not clicking that as I have gone through the whole season save for the finale. Hulu can be bitchy as to when it will allow me to watch for some reason. Not that I care. I am too busy with other shit. I did find myself wanting to choke out the son though... hot little number spots you up from day one and you are still pining for the girl back home? What the hell kind of teenager are you? Maybe teens in the future are just different  why so serious?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:16 AM

I blame it on the lack of clean air for most of his life.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #135 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:42 PM

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: March 08, 2012, 06:44:47 AM

Yay!  Now I don't have to watch this show just in case it got good.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: March 08, 2012, 10:10:10 PM

The good news is: The ending was still better than Lost's.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 05:14:41 AM

This was the worst of the recent "family drama in an interesting setting" rash of shows lately, the other two (falling skies and walking dead) are a bit better.

I am the .00000001428%
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 05:22:46 AM

I actually kinda liked this series, if anything because it was one of the few sci-fi shows that my wife enjoyed to watch as well.  Like Furious said, this one at least ended on a good note.  It wrapped up pretty much all of the season's story threads, and left enough material behind so that if it ever got picked up again it wouldn't be a total waste.

Still waiting to see what becomes of Falling Skies.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Terra Nova  
Jump to: