Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Sports Discussion  (Read 329577 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1365 on: October 21, 2021, 08:15:26 PM

I asked the people at work who have been involved before, and a group of them follow the Lakers. One was enthusiastic about the Philadelphia 76ers this season: "good team cohesion and no problems with star players".

Thanks for all the tips. I'll keep reading and let you know who I pick (unless it's Brooklyn).

Umm the 76ers? No drama? WTF? Just google Ben Simmons ffs...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1366 on: October 22, 2021, 01:03:48 AM

One was enthusiastic about the Philadelphia 76ers this season: "good team cohesion and no problems with star players".

Either that's the dumbest motherfucker on the planet or he's having it on with you. The Sixers are currently embroiled in a snit with their sort of star player, Ben Simmons, who wants to be traded and is acting like a giant bitch about it. He was holding out before he finally came in for practice, then he fucked around so much at practice that the team suspended him rather than have him fuck up team chemistry. Their other star literally said "I'm not here to babysit, I'm tired of his shit" as well as saying that the team had great chemistry without him.

I probably fell into a sarchasm.

Edit: I definitely fell into a sarchasm.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 02:06:23 AM by Tale »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1367 on: October 22, 2021, 09:19:39 AM

Ben Simmons is who I was actually referring to above because he’s Australian and an All-Star caliber player but like others have said he’s a complete idiot so following whatever team he’s on because he’s the best Australian playing in the NBA right now is probably not a great idea.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: October 23, 2021, 03:35:02 PM

and fuck supporting the Nets even with Patty Mills

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1369 on: November 02, 2021, 04:47:32 AM

When things start of crazy and says "Hold my beer."

From https://twitter.com/timmedin/status/1455370743538192387?s=21

If you want to see pics of the stripper and the monkey, try here. It's SFW.

https://twitter.com/TimMedin/status/1455386815872086018

Hic sunt dracones.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1370 on: January 06, 2022, 09:48:17 AM

We're holding Novax Djocovid and we give no fucks.

Basically the world tennis number one is an antivaxer who has had covid at least once. Vaccination is required for an overseas visitor to enter the state of Victoria (having had covid is not enough), but he won't provide evidence of vaccination. He was able to obtain a visa because of a medical exemption arranged by Australian tennis authorities, but at the border he was asked for proof of medical exemption from vaccination and he had none, so they cancelled his visa. He's gone to court to appeal this, so now he's in immigration detention because the case was adjourned until Monday.

The backdrop is that he's one Grand Slam trophy away from overtaking Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for the most in the history of men’s tennis, and he's already won the Australian Open nine times, so this tournament is important to him. The Australian government is not going to intervene because more than 90% of the population is happily vaccinated and our borders are a political sacred cow.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:09:43 AM by Tale »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1371 on: January 06, 2022, 10:22:58 AM

Excuse me, I have to play a tiny Harmonica for his feelings.

Hic sunt dracones.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1372 on: January 06, 2022, 10:50:58 AM

The amount of booing, sarcastic coughing, and insults thrown at him would have been entertaining. However, fuck him. For someone that's so desperate to be liked, he sure has picked a surmountable hill to die on.

It's a bit disappointing that the most narcissitic of the big three will end up being the one with the most trophies. Nadal and Federrer are infinitely classier acts.

-Rasix
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1373 on: January 10, 2022, 09:16:12 PM

Like everything, the Australian Federal Government has fucked this up.

The judge took one look at Djokovic's case and saw that they issued him a valid visa, allowed him to fly to Australia, then cancelled his visa after arrival (half an hour earlier than they had told him they would cancel it if he didn't show proof of exemption from vaccination), and said "what more could he have done?" and set him free. Border control had also taken his phone from him when they shouldn't have.

The Immigration Minister has a power of sole discretion to still cancel his visa and ban him from Australia for 3 years. The government is still considering this option as they're now embarrassed on the world stage and it turns out Djokovic also ticked the wrong box on his immigration form to say "no, I haven't travelled anywhere else outside Serbia recently" when of course he has (he was in Spain).

The Australian Open is about to begin and tennis authorities are cringeing. The government also includes John Alexander, tennis great turned conservative politician. He wants Djokovic to stay.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:18:38 PM by Tale »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1374 on: January 12, 2022, 12:51:35 PM

Fortunately for the Australian Federal Government Djokovic can not keep himself from lying all over the place so they have plenty of reasons to kick him out now. Also the Serbian government wants a word with him when he gets back home.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: January 12, 2022, 01:18:44 PM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1376 on: January 14, 2022, 12:43:57 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/djokovic-faces-deportation-australia-revokes-070408529.html

Djokovic faces deportation after Australia revokes visa
Fri, January 14, 2022, 8:04 AM

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Tennis star Novak Djokovic faces deportation again after the Australian government revoked his visa for a second time.

Immigration Minister Alex Hawke said Friday he used his ministerial discretion to revoke the 34-year-old Serb’s visa on public interest grounds three days before the Australian Open is to begin.

Djokovic’s lawyers are expected to appeal the cancelation in the Federal Circuit and Family Court as they successfully did after the first cancellation.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1377 on: January 14, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

This means he's back in detention! (until the appeal is resolved)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #1378 on: January 14, 2022, 01:05:31 PM

why so serious?

Just a shitshow on every front, oh well
Terracotta Army

Reply #1379 on: November 19, 2022, 03:25:59 PM

Having abandoned the idea of creating a thread for this College Football season, I'll fit this here.

I have seen some last minute wins, but I have never seen anything quite like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC-yjia0wQ4

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Terracotta Army

Reply #1380 on: December 18, 2022, 02:08:07 PM

So World Cup 2022 is now over and Messi finally got his trophy. This final was a win win for me, glad for Messi and that Argentinian team but would have been happy for Mbappe and France winning back-to-backs. Didn't watch a single match for the first time in 4 cups because fuck FIFA. Still, good outcome IMHO.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1381 on: December 18, 2022, 02:27:43 PM

I am on the fuck Fifa train, but I watched the games. The final was absolutely worth it. Glad for Messi and excited to see who pays 100M+ Euros for Emi Martinez.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1382 on: December 18, 2022, 06:00:57 PM

I am sad that such a fantastic event was held in Qatar, because neither the location or FIFA deserve any credit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1383 on: December 20, 2022, 10:46:18 PM

excited to see who pays 100M+ Euros for Emi Martinez.

He is both the best and the worst goalie at the same time. Quite a feat.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion  
Jump to: