Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 04:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Sports Discussion  (Read 111682 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1330 on: June 01, 2018, 11:18:18 AM

Has basketball abolished the huge displays where you can see the current game score? Asking for Cleveland.

That has got to be the biggest derp moment in basketball since Chris Webber's time out.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1331 on: June 09, 2018, 01:28:58 AM

Yeah team! awesome, for real

Be interesting to see where KJ ends up.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1332 on: June 13, 2018, 05:55:00 AM

Spain sacks the NT Manager two days before world cup starts  ACK!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1333 on: July 01, 2018, 08:04:52 PM

Lebron to Lakers.  Next year, and the next few weeks, in particular, could be very interesting.  He fits perfectly there.  I'm surprised it took him so long to make this move.  But he had an axe to grind in Cleveland, and I think did a damned good job of doing something with almost nothing.  So good on him.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1334 on: July 01, 2018, 08:31:36 PM

Itís kind of too bad the West is so stacked now.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1335 on: July 02, 2018, 07:32:45 AM

Every time I hear Mark Cuban talk about the death of the NFL, I take a look at the NBA and laugh. You have 1 stacked dynasty team, 1 legend who makes any team he is on a contender, 2-4 really good teams but will never compete, and the rest are trash.

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1336 on: July 02, 2018, 09:29:54 AM

Every time I hear Mark Cuban talk about the death of the NFL, I take a look at the NBA and laugh. You have 1 stacked dynasty team, 1 legend who makes any team he is on a contender, 2-4 really good teams but will never compete, and the rest are trash.

The NBA isn't even that successful. They tout all their ratings, but most of their playoff games do abysmal ratings comparatively. Their finals games did around a 17.5M viewers. Then you hear about the NFL's HUGE DROPS IN RATINGS... And you see their divisional playoff games do an average of around 34M viewers. Their absolute worst playoff game last year did 25M. The absolute best playoff finals game in the history of EVER for the NBA did 35M viewers. Their absolute best game in history is basically a run of the mill game for the Steelers and the Jags.

CPA, Sports blogger, Mount and Blade enthusiast
Braves by the Numbers, my sports blog
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1337 on: July 02, 2018, 07:24:14 PM

The only thing really interesting about the NBA these days is the drama. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1338 on: July 02, 2018, 08:41:27 PM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1339 on: July 04, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

I doubt he adds much.  Probably will see limited minutes and cause a bunch of rigmarole in the locker room and/or get hurt again. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1340 on: July 04, 2018, 06:07:28 PM

Assuming he can get back into playing condition/shape he'll be an off-the-bench player, just like JaVale McGee was, who went to the Lakers. I.e. he's going to be used as and paid as a bench role player. As for being a troublemaker he'll learn to tone it down or he won't play. And if he doesn't play and doesn't show other teams he can still play at a high level he's not going to get a big contract the year after (assuming again he can recover from his injury).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1341 on: July 04, 2018, 06:23:41 PM

Honestly, for $5 million he's worth the risk, though.  Great pick up for that contract.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #1342 on: September 16, 2018, 07:02:17 AM

I donít know why I even watch Formula 1 anymore. This year has been an absolute disaster so far.

Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton yet again running away with the title. Two mistakes by their biggest opponent (Ferari and Sebastian Vettel) was all that it took. After 14 out of 21 races. Overtaking still impossible, basically everyone that is not Ferrari or Mercedes have absolutely no chance to win or finish on podium. McLaren consistently shit. Williams can only survive by hiring shitty pay drivers. Sauber basically became the Ferrari B Team to survive, the most successful Tier 2 team Force India went into administration because they couldnít afford the budget.

The only guy able to beat Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes has been his team mate from two seasons ago and not only did he need the exact same car to win, he also needed the luck of Hamilton having his worst season of the last ten years both by individual performance and reliability of the material. Even then he just barely won. Oh and he directly quit F1 after his win.

The last two times one team and driver were this dominant the governing body of F1 did everything to break that dominance. Regulation changes, changes to the way the points system worked, Banning individual parts that exploited loopholes mid season/mid race weekend etc. (e.g diffuser, active suspension)

With Mercedes they donít seem to give a fuck though.

Also the new owner has consistently been shit running the whole show, coverage has become worse, their streaming service barely works. On screen graphics regularly still break (we still get Firstname Lastname for driver at least once per race still) and race direction consistently focuses on the wrong on track events.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion  
Jump to: