Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2017, 03:05:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random Sports Discussion  (Read 53679 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #1260 on: November 02, 2016, 12:56:48 AM

Have never seen a bigger run of punk play than Vayo ran heads up in the World Series tonight. I mean, holy hell, bet your fucking hand once in a while.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #1261 on: November 03, 2016, 07:17:53 AM

I wonder if his advisors concocted that strategy specifically for Nguyen. If Vayo had caught even half the cards Nguyen did it would have been reasonably effective. That being said, he really needed to pounce a couple of times, but he was terrified of getting 3-bet while holding air and having to fold.

You gotta give Nguyen credit- the guy is fucking fearless. I have played against guys like him before- they are a fucking nightmare when they are catching cards. They are wonderful if I am catching cards and they don't adjust, however  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1262 on: December 12, 2016, 02:10:28 PM

Seems a good thread for this, as purists don't consider MLS real Football/Soccer.

MLS cup was this weekend. Seattle Sounders vs Toronto FC. First Canadian team to make the finals.

Nil Nil after regulation and OT, including this save around the 110 minute mark:

https://youtu.be/cmRfL4BQfOg

Ended up going to Seattle in Penalties, despite Seattle having zero shots on target in the game. Seattle keeper made 7 saves.

It may not be up to world standards, but it can still be pretty entertaining (especially live).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #1263 on: December 12, 2016, 03:05:48 PM

I watched it. Entertaining it was not. I want the MLS to have good football but at least half the teams in the league do not understand the concept. Also, fuck turf. Fuck turf SO HARD.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1264 on: December 13, 2016, 07:05:39 AM

MLS, so crap it doesn't even make it into the soccer thread.  why so serious?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1265 on: December 13, 2016, 08:04:56 AM

Ok, it really wasn't a good game, I just tried slipping that by assuming no one watched it. Which is too bad, because the 5-3 semi between Toronto and Montreal before that was.

I think I was entertained by the game mostly due to the number of Winter Ales I had downed at the pub.

Yes turf sucks, but so does trying to keep a grass field alive in the winter in Toronto.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #1266 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:08 AM

That game is kind of par for the course with MLS though, at least most of what I've seen over the last few years. There are some entertaining games and teams and though I didn't watch it, the Montreal-Toronto series seemed to have all that. The Final though had all the worst aspects of MLS. I've seen more entertaining first round FA Cup matches with non-league teams on both sides.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1267 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:51 AM

Yes turf sucks, but so does trying to keep a grass field alive in the winter in Toronto.

Pretty much this. NA climate is significantly drier and colder than Europe.

I knew Bradley would miss his PK. I don't trust him.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1268 on: December 14, 2016, 04:24:59 PM

Bradley is like the "hot" girl at a small, country high school.  He's damned awesome in the right venue.... but mostly gets exposed when he's among the real players
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Random Sports Discussion  
Jump to: