Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starting up again.  (Read 69476 times)
Amaron
Terracotta Army

on: May 31, 2011, 07:45:32 AM

It's finally been long enough that I can no longer maintain my anger at CCP to an appropriate level.   Thus I'm taking a 5 day reactivation and will probably resub.   Curious who all around here actually plays and what I should do with my newbish 20mil sp alts to start up a new fortune.   Unfortunately I probably only have a couple battleships and a couple hundred mil after I spent a lot of it on plexes last time.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:38:28 PM

Quite a few of us are still playing.  What's your in-game name?
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 04:49:08 PM

Got a few chars but the one I'll be working with is: Sorelia Avora
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:58:21 PM

Spy...

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:11:44 PM

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:18 PM

That is exactly something a spy would say...

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:55:45 PM

Spy...

Oh shut up, you stopped playing forever ago.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Looks like I may have to grind some level 4's in my crappy Dom till I get enough to put myself in a Tengu.    Do you guys actually play together or just do whatever?

Edit:  Also anyone know what to buy with Caldari/Gallente Navy LP's?  I've a lot of Gal Navy LP's.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:38:16 AM by Amaron »
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 06:33:00 AM

The right thing to do would be to come to 0.0 as fast as possible instead of grinding for a Tengu then losing it on the Torrinos gate in EC-.

I'm not saying the funny thing can't be also right though.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 07:05:35 AM

The right thing to do would be to come to 0.0 as fast as possible instead of grinding for a Tengu then losing it on the Torrinos gate in EC-.

I sure as hell wouldn't take a Tengu there.   I thought 0.0 got nerfed to shit btw?   I missed the whole "anomaly" thing but it sounds like CCP seriously fucked up 0.0 for anyone not sucking valuable on Moon Goo?  I sure as hell don't want to do missions so I'd love having some 0.0 options.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 07:21:03 AM

Spy...

Oh shut up, you stopped playing forever ago.

I only stopped because life got in the way. I still smell spy though.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 07:53:47 AM

I thought you were joking.   I'm not joining a corp here I simply asked F13's for some coming back advice.   It's amusing that EvE has made you this paranoid though.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 07:58:51 AM

I sure as hell wouldn't take a Tengu there.   I thought 0.0 got nerfed to shit btw?   I missed the whole "anomaly" thing but it sounds like CCP seriously fucked up 0.0 for anyone not sucking valuable on Moon Goo?  I sure as hell don't want to do missions so I'd love having some 0.0 options.

No, 0.0 is still multiple times more profitable, but you do have to watch your ass just like before. Maybe even moreso in our instance now that we have a lot less blues. The anomaly nerf just limited the number of systems that have high-end anomalies, but they did add new exploration sites before that, including 7/10s which give previously missing deadspace gear.

I thought you were joking.   I'm not joining a corp here I simply asked F13's for some coming back advice.   It's amusing that EvE has made you this paranoid though.

He is joking. Although such paranoia does manifest itself, but it's hidden in places like Pandemic Legion's private directorate subforum.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 10:29:13 AM

I thought you were joking.   I'm not joining a corp here I simply asked F13's for some coming back advice.   It's amusing that EvE has made you this paranoid though.

I was joking. Sheesh, why are you so defensive...

why so serious?

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:18 AM

Sheesh, why are you so defensive...

Because you blew his cover  why so serious?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 11:14:35 AM

Looks like I may have to grind some level 4's in my crappy Dom till I get enough to put myself in a Tengu.    Do you guys actually play together or just do whatever?

Level 4s vary in profitability depending on your ship and skills but over 20M/hour is possible, 0.0 sanctums turn over around 25M/hour, it's perfectly possible to find 0.0 systems you can do this in uninterrupted by the theoretical owners.

Pubbie high sec incursion gangs can take you up to 50-70M per hour but you need a good PUG.

Beyond that you're in to low sec incursions or plexes (100M+/hr), for which you really need alliance organisation or alliance space. 0.0 only got nerfed in terms of the number of players each system can support, not the money making rate itself.

All of this remains a terrible experience for solo players.

If whoever has any kind of authority decides you are not a spy you'd be much better off moving to a 0.0 corp, simply so you have something to do with all the isk.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:06 PM

I was joking. Sheesh, why are you so defensive...
 why so serious?

Nobody thinks I'm a spy now   why so serious?.

No, 0.0 is still multiple times more profitable, but you do have to watch your ass just like before. Maybe even moreso in our instance now that we have a lot less blues. The anomaly nerf just limited the number of systems that have high-end anomalies, but they did add new exploration sites before that, including 7/10s which give previously missing deadspace gear.

Hmm thinking back last I actually went to 0.0 was when I joined IAC during the war vs BOB.   They had exploration then but it sort of sucked.   Ratting in that area was sort of bleh.  Doing any of the good plexes was impossible.   It was fun to blow people up of course awesome, for real. The next time I played was when the wormholes came out so I did that instead.    Does anyone remember when they changed the exploration sites?   I really need to go back and read all the dev blogs I guess.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 04:05:32 PM

I think I found the dev blog:

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=861

So they basically added back in all the old DED complexes as part of the sovereignty thing?   This part didn't get hit by the recent anomaly nerf?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:52 PM

Hey guys let me change the subject drastically so that maybe everyone will forget that i am a spy......

Elaen Todir
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 09:59:48 PM

With a T2 tengu and fighter support (carrier sitting near a POS outside it shields) you can make 60Misk/hour with Sanctums
Just make sure you check the true security level, closer to -1.0 the better/lucrative.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:09 AM

I'm a spy.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 07:32:38 AM

I'm actually the spy.  Head of the GIA baby.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 08:08:50 AM

With a T2 tengu and fighter support (carrier sitting near a POS outside it shields) you can make 60Misk/hour with Sanctums
Just make sure you check the true security level, closer to -1.0 the better/lucrative.

I sort of doubt I'll get into a corp that has access to that sort of space.  None of my gamer mates ever really play this game.  So my only choice of corps is basically the ones who will take on strangers.  Probably why I always end up quitting really.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 09:06:27 AM

You can get into a decent corp by joining one of those open-recruiting corps in 0.0 and shooting lots of stuff.  If you don't find that fun then no decent corp is really going to want you anyway so it's a kinda of a gatekeeper thing.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 01:52:37 PM

You can get into a decent corp by joining one of those open-recruiting corps in 0.0 and shooting lots of stuff.  If you don't find that fun then no decent corp is really going to want you anyway so it's a kinda of a gatekeeper thing.

I've tried that several times before and the big problem is most of those corps are actually close to dead.   They won't tell you that though so filtering isn't so easy.  If you know some good ones though by all means toss some info.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:15 PM

From a cursory look at your history here, you'd probably pass the rigorous screening for Bat Country.  If you're interested, we can discuss it further.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 04:01:39 AM

From a cursory look at your history here, you'd probably pass the rigorous screening for Bat Country.  If you're interested, we can discuss it further.

What's your in game name? 
Elaen Todir
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 08:02:23 AM

Samson Savage / d0omer
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 11:55:48 AM

I won't be around much this weekend, but hang out in the f13 channel and someone ought to be around.
harmonicker
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:36 PM

I've been thinking about possibly coming back too. Life interrupted shortly after we joined loveu or something like that.  How many people are still playing?

-Trogdor D'Burninator
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 03:42:54 AM

Hey, Trogdor!

Many usual suspects still play. The people with the right to push important buttons hasn't changed.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 08:46:48 AM

I'm actually the spy.  Head of the GIA baby.

Nice work.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 02:43:52 PM

With Rift burning me out (I've got to level 47, but the guild I was in seems to have kicked me out for inactivity) and the collapse of the NC, Eve sounds..dramatic again.

However, I keep reading every battle report as "and then 100 supercapital's landed so we ran away". Is that really the state of play or is there non-supercap battles going on anywhere?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 03:10:33 PM

Endie kicked me out of Bat Country for inactivity, so I haven't been playing much.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 04:25:54 PM

kicked me out of Bat Country for inactivity

This has nothing to do with logging in by the way, it means he wasn't posting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again.  
Jump to: