Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starting up again.  (Read 69480 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:06 AM

It sucks, but if you try to solo you will probably get owned hard.  At least join a corp if you're going to do faction warfare.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:56 PM

Didn't the Caldari 'win' faction warfare already?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 21, 2011, 06:09:08 PM

I think there was a point where they controlled all the Gallente/Caldari FW solarsystems, like people predicted they would when FW was introduced.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 08:23:26 PM

That's basically all I remember about faction warfare. A small Gallente force got an early 'lead' (if you could call it that), then Caldari numbers just started winning out and it wasn't even close.

Then someone figured out the best way to 'capture' a FW objective was a solo assault frigate during off hours or some horse shit and it went into full retard mode.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #74 on: August 12, 2011, 01:11:47 PM

Whats the state of BC right now? Would it be a good time for me to get back in the corp for some anomaly hunting and some beginner pvp?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 12, 2011, 02:02:09 PM

Our space is secure, our enemies are running as fast their jump drives can take them, we took on 4-1 odds with the corp vs an entire alliance, and did 66% more damage, the Incursions are rich and EC- camp is running 23/7. Life...much as I am surprised to say as I quit eve only 4 months ago...is good.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 02:38:36 PM

Hmm. I might take advantage of my free 'come back' days and retry this. :)
UsedToBeXorX
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 13, 2011, 10:31:36 AM

Oh dear. I've resubscribed. Expect XorX and Ornan back soon - once I figure out how much has changed in 3 years ...
Now, can someone help me get my forum account back ;)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:21 PM

So, I'm using my free days. In order of "WTF":

1) Character Creation SUCKED. Took forever.
2) Where the hell are my agents? Don't I have research points stockpiled? (30 minutes later, after finding them the hard way, I remember my journal).
3) Zip around, put cores up -- quick 150 million, with another 200 million on the market. Mostly because they don't accumulate when I've been unsubbed.
4) Look at journal.
4a) What the fuck is an Incursion?
4b) What the fuck is a Planetary Launch?
4c) What the fuck is an 'epic arc'?
4d) When the fuck did I join this corp? Maybe it's the "you got kicked out of your whole corp, so it's your new default corp corp."
5) I have all the skill points from the learning skills to allocate. Where the hell to put them?

Seriously, 5 is something I don't want to half ass. Do we have a non-PvP corp for F13?

I think I was fucking around training towards Interdictors -- I can't remember what skills I have left there, and had filled in cov-ops and was considering stealth bombers? I must have been, insofar as I have no other reason to have any missile skills (I've got less than a million in there, but still). Why do I have Heavy Assault ships to 4? Heavy Dictors to 4? What was I doing?

*ugh*. Is there any way to link my stupid character sheet and get some advice?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #79 on: August 13, 2011, 11:36:40 PM

*ugh*. Is there any way to link my stupid character sheet and get some advice?

eveboard.com
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:49 AM

Thanks. Here's me. I apparently do need Destroyers 5 though, to fly regular Interdictors. So what to do with all those Learning skill points?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: August 14, 2011, 09:06:39 AM

1) Character Creation SUCKED. Took forever.
2) Where the hell are my agents? Don't I have research points stockpiled? (30 minutes later, after finding them the hard way, I remember my journal).
3) Zip around, put cores up -- quick 150 million, with another 200 million on the market. Mostly because they don't accumulate when I've been unsubbed.
4) Look at journal.
4a) What the fuck is an Incursion?
4b) What the fuck is a Planetary Launch?
4c) What the fuck is an 'epic arc'?
4d) When the fuck did I join this corp? Maybe it's the "you got kicked out of your whole corp, so it's your new default corp corp."
5) I have all the skill points from the learning skills to allocate. Where the hell to put them?

I can't answer all of them

4a) Incursions are a bit like public quests in other games. A massive invasion by NPCs of a solar system, which you need a group to deal with. At the end you'll get a nice reward of maybe 10 million isk. If you fly to an incursion solar system, a new chat window opens where people will be looking for and forming PUGs. Goonswarm also runs incursion groups because they are a good way of making isk.

4b) This is when you are doing plentary interaction - Eve's version of Farmville - and you launch the products you have harvested or manufactured on a planet into space, for you to pick up in a ship. Basically, if you are not doing Planetary Interaction then ignore. Planetary Interaction itself is a bit complicated to explain. Some people see it as an easy way to make isk though.

4c) Epic arcs are long mission sequences that lead to good rewards at the end. I did the Caldari one and got a laboratory that seems to sell for 200m isk or so. The starting agents are listed here: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Epic_mission_arcs#Epic_Arc_Starting_Agents Note that you'll need to be in a ship and have the skills to do level four missions fairly easily to manage these.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 09:48:30 AM

I can do level 4s. I could, at least. :) Bit out of practice.

The planetary thing seems interesting, I will have to look at it. And I guess figure out what to do with all those skill points. (5.4 million, in fact).

So I guess to do the epics, I have to start at the beginning?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:03:09 AM by Morat20 »
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:40 AM

Yep. I got an epic quest done from start to finish in two nights, playing a couple of hours each night.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 14, 2011, 10:13:48 AM

Yep. I got an epic quest done from start to finish in two nights, playing a couple of hours each night.
So should I go track down the level 4 guy, or since my  tutorials are so far behind, go track down the level one guy? :)
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 10:18:55 AM

Ah, no. You don't need to bother with the level 1, you can go straight for the level 4.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Ah, no. You don't need to bother with the level 1, you can go straight for the level 4.
Since I forgot to load my guns, I think I might do the level 1s to remember how to, you know, fly. And which of those little icons are important. :)

I think "armor repairer" seems critical.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 14, 2011, 10:46:04 AM

The level 1 is very boring - I did it in an assault frigate. At the end you get the skill books for a destroyer! That's after needing a cruiser to do the final mission.

The level 4's you need probably want an inty, as they are in 0.0 and low sec space and get camped a lot. The rewards are described as ok.

Better idea - Join BAT COUNTRY and join us in 0.0. Then spend your skill points on the Goonswarm 60 day training plan and fly a Hurricane or Maelstrom - if you had any BS skills you can probably go straight to Maelstrom and have the Hurricane skills by default.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: August 14, 2011, 10:47:32 AM

I'm back. Watch me suck at this game.   Rock Out
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 14, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

The level 1 is very boring - I did it in an assault frigate. At the end you get the skill books for a destroyer! That's after needing a cruiser to do the final mission.

The level 4's you need probably want an inty, as they are in 0.0 and low sec space and get camped a lot. The rewards are described as ok.

Better idea - Join BAT COUNTRY and join us in 0.0. Then spend your skill points on the Goonswarm 60 day training plan and fly a Hurricane or Maelstrom - if you had any BS skills you can probably go straight to Maelstrom and have the Hurricane skills by default.
Seriously, those epic level 4s go into 0.0? I thought that was just the Pirate ones, not the Empire ones.

I currently fly a Dominix -- with full drone and armor rep skills. Looking over my skills, it looks like I had cov-ops down (I vaguelly remember scouting for Bat Country in one, before it got exploded in a fight. Should not have decloaked to add my one tiny gun into the thing) and most of probbing, but not anything new. Looks like I had also just skilled for most of Indictors and Heavy Indictors (I can fly the Gallente Heavy, not sure about supporting skills). And with all the missile skills I totally don't remember doing, I think stealth bombers caught my eye.

Just BS wise, I'm set for hybrid guns, armor tanking, and drones.

I spent most of my time running L4's in Empire, because I got a deep delight out of salvaging. I don't know why, it was fun. :) And playing the market -- I did a lot of buying and selling loot drops, mostly looking for stuff that didn't have wide orders for buying but sold pretty well and undercutting that. That was quite fun.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:24:08 PM by Morat20 »
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: August 14, 2011, 12:34:17 PM

Seriously, those epic level 4s go into 0.0? I thought that was just the Pirate ones, not the Empire ones.

I currently fly a Dominix -- with full drone and armor rep skills. Looking over my skills, it looks like I had cov-ops down (I vaguelly remember scouting for Bat Country in one, before it got exploded in a fight. Should not have decloaked to add my one tiny gun into the thing) and most of probbing, but not anything new. Looks like I had also just skilled for most of Indictors and Heavy Indictors (I can fly the Gallente Heavy, not sure about supporting skills). And with all the missile skills I totally don't remember doing, I think stealth bombers caught my eye.

Just BS wise, I'm set for hybrid guns, armor tanking, and drones.

I spent most of my time running L4's in Empire, because I got a deep delight out of salvaging. I don't know why, it was fun. :) And playing the market -- I did a lot of buying and selling loot drops, mostly looking for stuff that didn't have wide orders for buying but sold pretty well and undercutting that. That was quite fun.

The Caldari one at least, the only one I have done, did not force you to go into 0.0. At some points you get to make a choice, and you can either choose 0.0 or low sec. However, even then the mission is simply a courier mission so you do not need to risk a well-equipped combat ship.

Better idea - Join BAT COUNTRY and join us in 0.0.

Endorsing this.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: August 14, 2011, 12:45:20 PM

Thanks. Here's me. I apparently do need Destroyers 5 though, to fly regular Interdictors. So what to do with all those Learning skill points?
You're way more advanced than me, so don't think I can answer much.

If that character listing is correct though, you need to be training a skill.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #92 on: August 14, 2011, 04:37:47 PM

Morat, I believe you were getting into an Ishtar.  The rest of the skills were probably just because you had the prereqs for other T2 cruisers.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: August 14, 2011, 06:47:34 PM

Morat, I believe you were getting into an Ishtar.  The rest of the skills were probably just because you had the prereqs for other T2 cruisers.
Oh yeah! I think I was doing that. I don't remember why I was doing that? Maybe for Bat Country? I know I enjoyed cov-ops scouting (although the game seems to have changed) and probing for stuff (I practiced by finding and recovering abandonded T2 drones, mostly. Lucrative and fun) and was toying with flying a Nemesis (is that the Gallente stealth bomber?).

I also enjoyed salvaging or defending miners from rat spawns in 0.0. So maybe I should jump clone to someone without implants and see about getting out to you guys.

Could you use those skills? Otherwise, I'm a drone boat with some leadership skills. I liked the less risky "flying around invisible" stuff or the 0.0 ratting/salvaging stuff.

Um, what's the security hits I'm looking at? Empire mission running and market playing is a game I also enjoy.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: August 14, 2011, 08:10:07 PM

Covert-ops scouting is more fun than it used to be, or more frustrating if you dislike the mini-game it is now. You can make money in Deklein finding plexe's and then selling the location to someone else to run it.

Deklein is one of the best regions in the game currently, maybe better than Delve.

We have war-decs, so empire is not as safe as it would be.

We have a group of Goons who travel around 0.0 following the incursions and doing the encounters as a group of 10 or so ships. It's a very good way to make money if you're willing to do that. The final encounter/raid takes 80 goons, about 30 minutes and makes you 90 million each. If it drops the rare supercarrier BPC, everyone gets 100's of millions.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #95 on: August 14, 2011, 09:01:10 PM

The ishtar is the single best boat for effortlessly soloing Guristas complexes.  It can do everything up through the 8/10 without breaking a sweat.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #96 on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:35 AM

It used to be a sexy nano rape ship too! AH, memories!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27:27 AM

The ishtar is the single best boat for effortlessly soloing Guristas complexes.  It can do everything up through the 8/10 without breaking a sweat.
I do enjoy sitting 100km out and using Warden II's to blow apart battleships.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:04 AM

Do this. Don't do the other thing.

You would literally be better off playing WoW than hunting for fun in solo high-sec PvE.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: August 15, 2011, 09:24:49 AM

Do this. Don't do the other thing.

You would literally be better off playing WoW than hunting for fun in solo high-sec PvE.
I enjoy high-sec PvE -- honestly, mostly for the market part of the game. Salvaging, creating rigs with the stuff, looking at loot drops and putting them up on the market or accepting insta-sales -- and finding openings there for decent loot that doesn't have decent wide-spread buy orders, all of that is fun. I'd make more money ratting in 0.0, I know (I was part of Bat for awhile -- I still haven't replaced my Helios), but I've made a hundred million or so out of buy and sell orders and enjoy it.

I'm almost, but not quite, to my first billion. :) 920,000,000 or so is my current wallet.

However, I'm considering taking my jump clone out in the wilds of wherever Bat country was a few years ago and trying to get it to Empire somewhere close to where you guys are now and joining up. If you guys have the right gear, I can learn to probe for that new stuff out there.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56:21 AM

The Torrino's EC- gate is 5 jumps from VFK, and about 8 to S-D.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:45 AM

The Torrino's EC- gate is 5 jumps from VFK, and about 8 to S-D.
Yeah, that's like Greek to me. :) I take it there's a sufficient market out in Bat Country space to buy stuff? Or should I arrange for salvaging destroyers, Gallente Co-ops ships, and Dominus' to somehow get out there?

And drones. Lots and lots of drones...
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: August 15, 2011, 11:44:53 AM

I've been hanging out in f13, but haven't seen many people. Where is everyone?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: August 15, 2011, 01:08:49 PM

Probably be on tonight, but if anyone has some time -- glance over my skills and see if I have any glaring (and time consuming) holes to fill for the Interdictor role, the Cov-ops probing out bad guys or that Plexe stuff, or the Stealth Bomber role. (My missile skills are shit, I know. I've been meaning to fill in the gaps, but want to put those 5 million SP to something useful and time consuming).

Probing out plexes seems interesting -- not huge on gang warfare, but willing to do the Interdictor role or the stealth bomber hit and run role. :)

I'd like to get that backlog of skill points spent and then pick up some books to fill in any glaring gaps I have, and then see about getting into Bat Country and out to you guys later this week.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: August 15, 2011, 01:14:18 PM

Yeah, that's like Greek to me. :) I take it there's a sufficient market out in Bat Country space to buy stuff? Or should I arrange for salvaging destroyers, Gallente Co-ops ships, and Dominus' to somehow get out there?..

Once you're in the corp and have access to Goonswarm.com, check the wiki and download GTS: it's an out of gaming mapping, jumping, bridging and planning tool for ALL your needs.

The Market in VFK is quite good, better than NOL was in my opinion.  That said, there are services in S-Mart on Goonswarm.com that will move your stuff from Jita for very low cost.  So if you have an alt in Jita, just contract the stuff to your mail pilot, and they will then move it to Deklein for you, within a day or two.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again.  
Jump to: