Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:20:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starting up again.  (Read 69478 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 04:39:18 PM

Never Stop!

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 06:10:31 PM

What happened yesterday? I looked at the Bat Country kill board and there's 96 kills, mostly PL in DKUK.

Hell, the results for this MONTH, all 6 days of is: 150 Ships killed (18.75B ISK)    40 Ships lost (1.93B ISK)    90.67% Efficiency (ISK).  Surly someone can post some battle reports, or even an update on what's happening? Am I going to have to come back so someone will do that.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 10:04:43 PM

With Rift burning me out (I've got to level 47, but the guild I was in seems to have kicked me out for inactivity) and the collapse of the NC, Eve sounds..dramatic again.

However, I keep reading every battle report as "and then 100 supercapital's landed so we ran away". Is that really the state of play or is there non-supercap battles going on anywhere?

Well since the DC can't really answer the DRF super-cap blob (if it stays cohesive and focused, which it may not if the death of the NC means mission accomplished) it's either going to be sub-cap battles, super ambushes or getting evicted back to lowsec and doing wulfpax. Win win either way. And certainly the old problem of no nearby reds has been solved and getting to follow the death of the NC was pretty epic.

Holiday almost over so looking forward to being back myself. Seeing how the new neighbors have changed the place. Of course getting my character home from vale should be exciting. Had to dock into a reinforced station to catch a plane.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 10:38:39 PM

What happened yesterday? I looked at the Bat Country kill board and there's 96 kills, mostly PL in DKUK.

Phreeze challenged Vee to an old-fashioned battleship fight under a cynojammer so there could be no supercap shenanigans.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 01:04:43 AM

Since Supercaps can wander around low sec without the threat of Cynojammers and warp bubbles, I'd say the only place you are going to see Battleship battles soon will be empire wars in high sec.

Oh, whats the timetable betting on Endie going Fukgoons?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 02:31:12 AM

Since Supercaps can wander around low sec without the threat of Cynojammers and warp bubbles, I'd say the only place you are going to see Battleship battles soon will be empire wars in high sec.
Since they're going to have to be nerfed, I'd say I hope this will never be the case.

We have a structure-shooting shiptype, dreads. We don't need superdreads with movable/killable guns (supercarriers) or duperdreads (titans). We could, however, do with more high-level strategic shiptypes.

Oh, whats the timetable betting on Endie going Fukgoons?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Huh?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:09 PM

You don't understand Endie...He will be the last goon. Well more like he will be the last 100 goons.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 03:08:34 AM

I, too am pretty bemused by the idea of me going fuckgoons.  Hell, if I had a lifestyle that let me live in the US TZ I'd be Mitten's anointed successor.  Though obviously I'd have to brush up on my sabre skills and somehow persuade my dog to quadruple in size.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 03:41:41 AM

Gentlemen, you have been

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 03:47:28 AM

Jesus h christables, himo, if that was a troll, then it was a pretty fucking weak troll. In fact, the image macro was a better troll simply because it's an image macro.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 04:13:04 AM

~MY PUPPY~ is still only 2 weeks old.
Elaen Todir
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 04:35:54 AM

~MY PUPPY~ is still only 2 weeks old.
Pics?

And I'll put 50 isk to Endie going fuckgoons in the next 12 hours, any takers?!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:22 AM

Jesus h christables, himo, if that was a troll, then it was a pretty fucking weak troll. In fact, the image macro was a better troll simply because it's an image macro.

It was a joke, but you lot took it so seriously I wound up laughing my ass off. "Endie going fuckgoons?? NOOOOOOOOO!!!" "It WILL NOT ever happen!!" "DON'T SAY THAT!!!" You trolled yourselves.

Seriously guys, you might just have a few unspoken issues here. I mean when I was in goons people openly joked about titan pilots going fuckgoons. What makes Endie persona non fukgoonia?  why so serious?

(Besides, I LOVE Dom Deluoise and it was a good excuse to use an image macro of him)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:34:08 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:56 AM

Jesus Christ Himo, there's no way Endie would go fuckgoons. People generally don't do that until they've spent a couple of years building up a bizarre personality cult on Goonfleet.com and other Eve-related forums.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 06:33:10 AM

What you seem to think happened:
"Endie going fuckgoons?? NOOOOOOOOO!!!" "It WILL NOT ever happen!!" "DON'T SAY THAT!!!"

What actually happened:
Me saying "Huh?", Pennilenko making a joke about endie's numerous (but not enumerable as it'll overflow a long long) alts, and endie typing :words:.

I'm sure there's an image macro saying something like "i troll u wolololo" or somesuch somewhere on the internet. vOv

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 09:42:46 AM

Jesus Christ Himo, there's no way Endie would go fuckgoons. People generally don't do that until they've spent a couple of years building up a bizarre personality cult on Goonfleet.com and other Eve-related forums.

why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 11:49:59 AM

Himo. You are a terrible poster and an even worse troll. But you have a magical fleet leading voice and are fun to play with.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 03:17:07 AM

Himo do you realise that not one person here believes that you were trolling?  Why not just say "oh yeah I suppose not ah well" and provoke less saddened shaking of heads?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:57 AM

Also the reason that anyone who actually knows me might suspect that I'm unlikely to go fuckgoons and leave in a blaze of tech-stealing pique is that I don't scam, don't steal and even my spy alts just move quietly on.  Hell, I was a director in Sc0rched Earth (director of counter-intel, no troll) and I looked into the corp's hangar and saw their :shobon: little pile of ammo and cruisers and left it there.

I suspect that I have access to a bit less than half a trillion right now in cash and tech, and plenty more in other assets.  I'm not even tempted.  I'm just not wired that way.  Plus, Eve without Goonswarm would be pretty pointless, and pretty much my entire Eve career has been based around entertaining other people.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 04:12:46 AM

Hell, I was a director in Sc0rched Earth (director of counter-intel, no troll) and I looked into the corp's hangar and saw their :shobon: little pile of ammo and cruisers and left it there.

You should tell some stories of the GIA - I'm sure there's a lot of Eve History that's never going to be known otherwise. Didn't you at one stage FC one fleet while running both fleets at the same time?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 05:49:58 AM

Not me: that was DBRB during the FL deployment against Atlas in 2009.  But I've been intending to declassify some stuff in updates at some point.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:35 AM

Himo do you realise that not one person here believes that you were trolling?  Why not just say "oh yeah I suppose not ah well" and provoke less saddened shaking of heads?

Hell, no-one reacted like I could conceivably have been joking.  That's what I find so hilarious  Ohhhhh, I see.

Also the reason that anyone who actually knows me might suspect that I'm unlikely to go fuckgoons and leave in a blaze of tech-stealing pique is that I don't scam, don't steal and even my spy alts just move quietly on.  Hell, I was a director in Sc0rched Earth (director of counter-intel, no troll) and I looked into the corp's hangar and saw their :shobon: little pile of ammo and cruisers and left it there.

I suspect that I have access to a bit less than half a trillion right now in cash and tech, and plenty more in other assets.  I'm not even tempted.  I'm just not wired that way.  Plus, Eve without Goonswarm would be pretty pointless, and pretty much my entire Eve career has been based around entertaining other people.

Hamlet:  Madam, how like you this play?   
Queen:  The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:14:59 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:38 PM

In this play you're the lady, Himo.

We know Endie. You can joke about him spending more time with a dictionary than the rest of his countrymen combined spend ensuring that the quadrupedal, ruminant mammals of the highlands are well versed in the arts of procreation. You could grin at him having more Eve accounts than FIFA has Swiss bank accounts. But we also know that among the best things that can happen to an alliance is to get Endie as director-level spy, for he will take pity on it and take it upon himself to run it competently. If the whole of Eve finally becomes a blue-for-all, this is the sign that Endie has finally penetrated all, and I am not referring to the practise performed with the Ovis aries of his fellow scots here. This is not because he hates spaceship violence, but because he'd hate to see his babies fight. Thank god he doesn't speak Russian. (Don't learn Russian!)

It's like suggesting that The Mittani would go fuckgoons. It doesn't work as a joke because he doesn't care about winning, he cares about playing the game. And if he tires of the game, he'd sure as hell not leave it in such a crass, copy-cat way as fucking goons by taking some isk. No. The Mittani would learn Russian. And then Swedish. And before we know it, we'd all be slaves to the HVAC industry.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:09 PM

In this play you're the lady, Himo.

We know Endie. You can joke about him spending more time with a dictionary than the rest of his countrymen combined spend ensuring that the quadrupedal, ruminant mammals of the highlands are well versed in the arts of procreation. You could grin at him having more Eve accounts than FIFA has Swiss bank accounts. But we also know that among the best things that can happen to an alliance is to get Endie as director-level spy, for he will take pity on it and take it upon himself to run it competently. If the whole of Eve finally becomes a blue-for-all, this is the sign that Endie has finally penetrated all, and I am not referring to the practise performed with the Ovis aries of his fellow scots here. This is not because he hates spaceship violence, but because he'd hate to see his babies fight. Thank god he doesn't speak Russian. (Don't learn Russian!)

It's like suggesting that The Mittani would go fuckgoons. It doesn't work as a joke because he doesn't care about winning, he cares about playing the game. And if he tires of the game, he'd sure as hell not leave it in such a crass, copy-cat way as fucking goons by taking some isk. No. The Mittani would learn Russian. And then Swedish. And before we know it, we'd all be slaves to the HVAC industry.

Rock Out Rock on! Hulk Rock

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 03:00:26 PM

That was a good post Vedi.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:40 PM

That's why my "spying" was all information-brokering.  I just couldn't see myself infiltrating an alliance and not trying to *help* them.  Trading favors and secrets is all fun and games (until you accidentally burn a source), but actually getting to be an "Agent of Influence" requires being so useful to your target alliance that if you put the same effort into your own it would be of far more use than anything you might manage to inflict on the "enemy" when you turned.  You have to *enjoy* lying to people that trust you, enjoy getting them to trust you *because* you're going to betray them, to play that game.  Which is why I never trusted Manfred Sideous even when he was in my corp, I knew that kind of spymaster is never really trustworthy.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:00 PM

But Manny is fat and jolly, how is that not trustworthy?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 05:24:50 AM

I actually got thrown out of one target alliance because I kept calling the leadership out for their terrible fleet doctrines, fits etc.  I can't help it.

Twitter - Endieposts

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:28 PM

So is -BAT- still around or did it finally go the way of all other Bat Country guilds?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 02:18:51 PM

BAT is still around and doing pretty well.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 17, 2011, 11:46:21 PM

It's a good time to return. Either to take part in the quite possible last glorious defense of Deklein or enjoy having large number of bored reds nearby and roaming through Deklein. Or failing that at least to make sure you stuff is somewhere safe.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #66 on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:11 AM

Damnit. Online spaceships sucked me back in.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I ended up reactivating. I have been puttering around empire with a friend of mine. I havent seen anyone not afk in the f13 channel to chat with.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #67 on: June 20, 2011, 06:01:12 PM

The channel has fallen into disuse lately.  I was going to try revitalizing it by forcing everyone in BAT, including the non-f13 people, to idle there.  Except I don't know who the moderators are so we haven't done that just yet.

When I'm online, I'm usually paying attention to it.  Say hi to me.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 01:43:28 AM

If I'm on, I'm in there - usually as Qormic.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #69 on: June 21, 2011, 08:33:06 AM

Has anyone done any of the faction warfare stuff? One of my characters can fly CovOps, so I was thinking about trying to faction warfare with him and attacking some people in empire for practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Starting up again.  
Jump to: