Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3  (Read 42901 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 30, 2011, 04:38:26 AM

Kick has been something I have been missing in my team for a while. This guy is level 4 now and due to his +1 agi I tend to use him as a thrower. This means he's almost always deployed as my back marker so that he can swoop in and grab the ball if it goes loose in my half and lob it upfield for a quick return. Because he is always kept out of trouble and because I couldn't give him Pass or Safe Throw (which would have been my preference) I decided to give him the skill that the team as a whole is missing. Sure Hands or Dodge were also considered but I figured that Kick would be more useful overall.

I would have given him leap - the ability to jump into any so called cage, hit the ball carrier with block, and walk out again. Or Sure Hands to walk into how many tacklezones and get the ball. Or Dodge to walk around through any defense line. The things I can do with a +5 AG Amazon...sob.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #106 on: May 30, 2011, 05:20:31 AM

Did my abortion of a game get voided yet ?

Ah, yes of course. 2 days ago.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 05:21:18 AM

Cheers much.  We'll get replaying that one asap then.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 30, 2011, 01:15:34 PM

can i  have my game validated please?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 30, 2011, 03:39:21 PM

The Minizilla's 3 - Ironwood's Itchers 1

Ironwood and I got our match replayed after my turn 1 crashing shenanigan's on Saturday with a 3-1 win for the lizards. Odd game not played how I was expecting but having never played a skaven team I don't know if Ironwood was just super aggresive or if pure running plays and always trying to score in 2 turns is how Skaven work. Nuffle kicked Ironwood in the nuts though for the first half and non of his plays came off and having low AV linerats meant I was able to punch some holes and score a couple of touchdowns in the first half and inflict a KO and an injury to boot for no reply. Skink hand offs were amazingly reliable this half so even though all re-rolls were burned early when I needed it the dice played nice and things looked comfortable.

Second half kicks off with a rock thrown from a crown KO'ing a Saurus evening up the numbers on the pitch and I form a standard cage, punch some rats for a couple of turns and run in the third touchdown on turn 12, however not before Ironwood managed to badly hurt 2 of my skinks meaning I was very low on field cover for the 4th kick off. Then the fast running play showed what it can do as Ironwood scoops the ball, plays a pass to a gutter runner for some SPP then leaps over my defence and advances far down the left side of the field, marking up all my players in the process. Some more punching ensues but the only thing I can get free is a lone skink and with no defensive skills Ironwood leaps over him and runs in for the score. I receive on turn 14, make a safe pickup and form my cage but the only thing I want to try and do now is build some SPP so I try to protect my skinks smash as many rat faces as possible, I do badly hurt a couple of rats and suffer a KO'd saurus and 1 more badly hurt skink but the game ends with a final score of 3-1 for the Minizilla's.

Match is submitted in BBmanager but falc can you confirm if you can see it, seems to be behaving odd tonight with lots of timeouts and I am not sure if it went through properly since it doesn't list my match in the overall stats, though that might be because you need to validate it first.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: May 31, 2011, 02:46:41 AM

I don't know if Ironwood was just super aggresive

That's probably because you only have 19 posts.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 31, 2011, 03:19:42 AM

Yeah got a little bit of catching up to do with your count, but hey if this F13 league keeps running for about 20 years I may get to half your total!  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #112 on: May 31, 2011, 06:18:46 AM

Spelling, punctuation and a grasp of UTC goes a long way, too.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #113 on: May 31, 2011, 06:20:08 AM

Random profain material never seems to hurt either.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:59 AM

The point; I fear it was missed.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:11 AM

The point; I fear it was missed.

That's you're a cuddly teddy bear now? We know. It's adorable.  Hello Kitty

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:41 AM

I wish.  Christine was worried about a infarction last night, I was screaming at the monitor so much.  Fucking awful game.  Fucking AWFUL.

You should all be aware that in future, in any lizardman engagement, it's going to be my strategy just to kill Skinks.  I'm not going to worry about winning, losing or even having fun.  I'm just going to kill skinks.

Stupid fucking dice.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #117 on: May 31, 2011, 10:56:23 AM

Good thing I have no skinks to kill.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #118 on: May 31, 2011, 10:56:52 AM

To be fair if you do kill all the Skinks then you will probably win on the basis that nothing else on a Lizardman team can pick up the ball.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #119 on: May 31, 2011, 11:13:53 AM

Yeah, and you likely will not be able to affect the Sauruses with anything other than a goddamn juiced up Rat Ogre. Might as well go after the little shits anyway.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: May 31, 2011, 11:23:02 AM

Strangely, I manage to fuck up one of them.

I am in love with Leap on Skaven though.  Just an awesome skill.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #121 on: May 31, 2011, 03:28:24 PM

Killing skinks is always my goal, that's what they're there for.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #122 on: May 31, 2011, 04:07:09 PM

Why aren't we playing Day 4 yet?

Oh right, because the Commish is slacking.   Ohhhhh, I see. awesome, for real Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Tantrum

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: May 31, 2011, 04:09:50 PM

When you play lizardmen, you are required to blitz a skink every turn. It's the law. Same with snotlings.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: May 31, 2011, 04:48:02 PM

Spoken like someone without claw blitzers on their team.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #125 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:28 PM

I always save my claw players for AV8 or 9 opponents.  They're wasted on skinks and their ilk.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: May 31, 2011, 10:25:12 PM

I think he means use claw on the sauri, but the stunty still makes the skinks better for smooshin'.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: May 31, 2011, 11:23:56 PM

If somebody sees Avaia on steam, tell him/her that I am getting delayed at work and won't be able to go home a little longer.And my laptop can't play BB.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 11:53:48 PM

If somebody sees Avaia on steam, tell him/her that I am getting delayed at work and won't be able to go home a little longer.And my laptop can't play BB.

Damn.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: June 01, 2011, 12:03:30 AM

What, it's only 2 am your time, you're just getting warmed up.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 01, 2011, 12:09:09 AM

Please, I'm 40 now.  Time to start keeping normal hours.   Get off my lawn!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: June 01, 2011, 12:11:24 AM

And you don't look a day over 45.

Wait, why am I trash talking someone I won't even see in the playoffs?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #132 on: June 01, 2011, 12:48:02 AM

And you don't look a day over 45.

Wait, why am I trash talking someone I won't even see in the playoffs?

Glasshouses something something, idioms are for old people anyway  why so serious?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: June 01, 2011, 07:17:31 AM

Came home and almost immediatly passed out.  ACK! I am getting old too.

If Avaia is online today, I am just gonna grab him on Steam later on.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #134 on: June 01, 2011, 07:51:45 AM

No, no. Take your time. It's not like there have been only two games left to play for 3 days now.

Beating a Dead Horse

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #135 on: June 01, 2011, 11:01:06 AM

Settle down, skippy, this is going to happen every "day," if last season was any indication. It's rough when you have people from all over the world, we can't all be unemployed stagehands like me!

It would be easier to deal with if someone would approve my feeder teams to the feeder league though.

/sniffle

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #136 on: June 01, 2011, 11:55:10 AM

I got my first level up on a beastman and got all excited!

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:44 AM

A crushing 3-0 victory for 7 Deadly over The Bell Jar Utd. First half my sauruses elected to receive and then went on a rampage, sending most of the amazons off the pitch while my skinks ran the ball back and forth, foiling any opposing defense. Lizards have the best fans; they even went so far as to deal mortal injuries to one of the Ball Jar's linewomen, whom Falc heartlessly refused proper medical treatment. Sonneillon almost forgot to actually score a touchdown on turn 8 as the team went about its rampage, but fortunately I thought to check the timer and run the ball in before doing too many risky things.

In the second half, the amazons received and sent some receivers through my line of scrimmage, of whom Virginia Woolf managed to make a catch and run the ball dangerously close to my endzone. Fortunately, I had remembered to keep up a screen for once and she was quickly surrounded and her grip on the ball rescinded. She tried picking it up, failed thanks to being in 3 TZs, and knocked the ball into the stands, whereupon the crowd chucked it into the hands of Mammon, a saurus on the line of scrimmage. Best fans, I'm telling you. Magaera promptly kicked Woolf off the pitch - the crowd didn't throw her back in, although an apothecary saved her from missing the next game - and Mammon led a merry charge up the field, scoring with three turns left.

Drive three began with eleven lizards to six amazons. Half the lizards surged ahead to recover their wildly off-pitch kick, which had been placed into the hands of star thrower Sylvia Plath and then tossed to Virginia Woolf, while the other half prevented the amazon line of scrimmage from advancing. Woolf tried to prevent a score by throwing away the ball as the lizards backed her and her cohorts against the amazon endzone, but Pruflas intercepted the toss and ran the ball in on the last turn.

Actually having skills on my players is nice. This must be what other teams feel like all the time! Now I just need to figure out what goes with Catch.

edit: Also what to do with 220k cash. I could take a krox but I'd rather not have to deal with the reliability issues that come with Loner and Bone-head, especially now that Diving Tackle is obviating the need for Prehensile Tail. More likely I'll buy a fifth reroll and a seventh skink and then never spend money again except for replacements.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:14:32 PM by ezrast »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: June 01, 2011, 12:58:41 PM

Krox is probably the best Big Guy IMO, I would probably grab one.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #139 on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:32 PM

I just played my first game with a troll and he was nice to just have controlling the middle of the field, only spent maybe three turns of the game being really stupid. Unless you've got +STR Sauri, it's nice to have the anchor for the line.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: