Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3  (Read 42799 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 01, 2011, 01:47:30 PM

Krox is probably the best Big Guy IMO, I would probably grab one.

Yeah, I think you'd be crazy not to buy the Kroxigor. Just remember not to throw speculative blocks until a) it's the end of the turn and b) you are sure you wouldn't rather have his tackle zones, guaranteed.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:00 PM

my elves just got their 3rd str4 guy on a skill up. We now have a str4 block lino, a str4 guard lino and a str4 witch elf. I now officially out str my norse opponant! bring on game day 4.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #142 on: June 01, 2011, 03:09:22 PM

Lucky me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #143 on: June 01, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

What crap. Over 2.5 seasons now, I've encountered exactly 2 usable stat increases, and I haven't even had many doubles (maybe once or twice).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #144 on: June 01, 2011, 03:38:25 PM

No one tell AndyDavo, but I have a +str runner in addition to my werewolves.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 01, 2011, 06:35:20 PM

I have a total of one double to date. On a linerat. Three +str is absurd.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #146 on: June 01, 2011, 07:00:00 PM

I blame whoever gave him a bunch of feeder matches so that he could keep leveling until he got a bunch of +str rolls.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:55 PM

why so serious?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: June 01, 2011, 10:01:41 PM

Cry
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: June 01, 2011, 10:38:09 PM

Last game of the day is about to kick off.

My team value is down to 860, and I am even more tired that last game. This should be fun.  swamp poop

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:53 AM

Another loss. 2-1 for the Neccos.

What happens if I deactivate/delete my team ?

edit: Also, thanks to my opponent for staying up way longer than planned.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:02 AM

What happens if I deactivate/delete my team ?

Don't Do That.

Seriously, the game can be frustrating at times, this I know.  I've had 4 losses and 2 ties in my last 6 games before this one.  It happens.  You had a nifty pass play to score early, focus on what went right there.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: June 02, 2011, 12:22:52 AM

That is what I keep telling me, but being the punching back for the whole league is not really my idea of fun. Just being able to react and hoping for errors of my opponent is just not really engaging.

I shot myself in the foot when I created this team without any CWs and then not grooming it in the feeder league. My fucking Mino has 2 ssp. 2! And that is my most important player who throws a block every turn he is able to.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #153 on: June 02, 2011, 03:32:31 AM

There are many punching bags, me being now officially one. You may not be having fun, but you should probably be sucking it up for it's a commitment that involves everyone else's fun for 4 more games yet. I hope you will stay, seriously.

That said, it's a national holiday in Italy today so I might be more busy than I should. I'll elaborate the stuff as soon as possible and give Day #4 a go... uhm... soon.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #154 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:00 AM

Big guys rarely get SSPs unless they luck out and get an MVP. Mostly they can't handle the ball so they only get casualty points which are unreliable.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: June 02, 2011, 05:03:45 AM

They're giving you the carrot, I'll give you the stick: crapping out on a Blood Bowl league halfway through is the biggest dick move you can do. It's up there with the biggest in any video game, anywhere, because you can't simulate games and you throw 31 other people completely out of balance

It was stated up front that some people were going to be at the bottom, that there would be games which were sometimes frustrating and that everyone needs to be prepared for their team being one of the ones getting shoved around. Don't be a fucking baby, sack up, show up for your games and foul the shit out of everyone to make the other guy hurt as much as you are.

You're an adult. Finish your commitments.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: June 02, 2011, 05:27:59 AM

That is what I keep telling me, but being the punching back for the whole league is not really my idea of fun. Just being able to react and hoping for errors of my opponent is just not really engaging.

I shot myself in the foot when I created this team without any CWs and then not grooming it in the feeder league. My fucking Mino has 2 ssp. 2! And that is my most important player who throws a block every turn he is able to.

I'm in the exact same boat as you are mate, but I'm loving the hell out of it.  Just put it all down to learning and giggle every time you see pretty much everyone on your team on your back seeing stars.

As a Skaven, I don't really get much choice.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #157 on: June 02, 2011, 05:37:34 AM

They're giving you the carrot, I'll give you the stick: crapping out on a Blood Bowl league halfway through is the biggest dick move you can do. It's up there with the biggest in any video game, anywhere, because you can't simulate games and you throw 31 other people completely out of balance

It was stated up front that some people were going to be at the bottom, that there would be games which were sometimes frustrating and that everyone needs to be prepared for their team being one of the ones getting shoved around. Don't be a fucking baby, sack up, show up for your games and foul the shit out of everyone to make the other guy hurt as much as you are.

You're an adult. Finish your commitments.

I understand what you're trying to do, but you have to remember that it is still just a game. If, at the end of the day, someone is thoroughly not enjoying themselves, they have no obligation to keep playing. Yes, it would inconvenience the rest of us, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

To be fair, it doesn't help that Helm picked one of the hardest starting teams in the game, and dove head-first into a league which is rapidly becoming more and more adversarial. Nevertheless, we ought to make allowances for people who change their mind, after they figure out that it's not for them.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #158 on: June 02, 2011, 05:40:19 AM

Tier Noob needs you, Der Helm!

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: June 02, 2011, 05:43:58 AM

I'm open to suggestions on how to set up an out for people who don't want to finish. Until then, yeah, I think people should finish what they start. In addition to the standard leaving people hanging thing, this season we had people waitlisted who didn't get in.

Sorry, it's a dick move and this is the sort of thing that gets my goat. It's ca four more hours. He can finish. Rasix could've finished, too. Also think of poor Sky if it turns out the ringers are the most reliable people in the league. He might have an aneurysm.

fe: Also, there's Tier Noob. There's even a carrot for the bottom guys this year.

fe2: I guess the prospect of being blacklisted from future leagues and basically out the cost of a game is enough of a stick. I'm not going to keep yelling at Helm. But I ain't happy at people crapping out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:45:46 AM by Modern Angel »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #160 on: June 02, 2011, 06:19:17 AM

Plus it's not like you're last. You scored a TD!

I haven't done that yet.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #161 on: June 02, 2011, 06:30:12 AM

Helm, last season we started without a feeder league and made it through. I was pissed a couple times in the season. Now we have the feeder league so we can bring in ringer assholes to minmax their team before they even start!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I think I leveled a single black orc all last season, STR 4 is nice, but without any skills it's wicked slow leveling. Hell, I don't think I leveled a Blitzer last season! Lineorcs, they ALL leveled, heh. Even though I'm finally getting my first skills on my core guys now, all the vet teams are getting their third skills on their guys, it's going to be messy against Straz. But I mostly try to learn something from the beatdowns and at least try to keep it from being a cakewalk. If I know I can't stop them from scoring, I just focus on trying to kill them! If you allow yourself to get frustrated, you won't be able to learn from the losses to better coaches.

Stick with it, once you get some skills on some guys and begin to pick up some nuances of the game it's a lot more fun. Even with ringer assholes curbstomping you.

Also, from last season:
Quote from: Sky
So, I'm not finding this game fun anymore. It wasn't even that much fun beating the shit out of Haem, since I felt bad for him, and everyone else in this division is actually good at the game, and apparently I'm very bad.

Right now I don't see sticking around for another season, though I guess I won't be a dick and quit now though I'd rather go do chores than sit through four more of tehse fucking games. I don't even remember what the score was.
why so serious? If I hadn't stuck with it, I wouldn't have pulled off the last game day upset against Iain and pissed in his playoff cheerios.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37:25 AM

That said, it's a national holiday in Italy today so I might be more busy than I should. I'll elaborate the stuff as soon as possible and give Day #4 a go... uhm... soon.

Junkie.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #163 on: June 02, 2011, 06:38:10 AM

I knew it!  awesome, for real

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:57 AM

Falc is a terrible person.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: June 02, 2011, 07:34:02 AM

It was actually wondering what happens if I quit the league. From a game mechanics point of view.

Stick with it, once you get some skills on some guys and begin to pick up some nuances of the game it's a lot more fun. Even with ringer assholes curbstomping you.
Oh, I get the nuances just fine. I KNOW what is going on. I know I made bad decisions at team creation. Had I known then that I would have to start with zero matches into the league I would have picked a very different approach.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #166 on: June 02, 2011, 07:44:30 AM

Again, you have a TD and I don't.

Stop rubbing it in! GAWD!

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 02, 2011, 07:47:45 AM

That's what happens when someone counts on flesh golems to be able to make a GFI with a reroll.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: June 02, 2011, 07:58:57 AM

I have two TDs. Yay!  swamp poop

fakeedit: Sorry.  why so serious?

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: June 02, 2011, 08:11:14 AM

One thing that no one has mentioned Helm is that while you are committed to at least 4 more matches with a team you don't enjoy there is nothing holding you to this team long term, play the 4 games, can the team and get something you would rather play and develop in the feeder league then trim away to the required 1250 TV and you are sorted for next season.

Goal aim this season - kill as many opponents as possible - which is my gameplan since I know I can't compete against the skilled teams until mine develops too but who knows what frustration, screen punching, out loud swearing you can cause when you kill that level 5 +str +agi superstar for someone (please note I will feel bad if I do that to one of you guys but when I get more comfortable with you all not bad enough to not bring it up at every opportunity).

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: June 02, 2011, 09:03:13 AM

Should I get 40.000 gold to buy my first Chaos Warrior, and should he survive the season, there will be no stopping me.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: June 02, 2011, 09:08:49 AM

Also, a lot of the teams that struggled in the prior leagues just clicked and became a lot more fun right at the end of their first season. So things may change.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #172 on: June 02, 2011, 09:32:16 AM

As someone who played a Chaos team in the feeder league, it gets MUCH better. And Chaos Warriors really don't help that much to start out. I got 3 plus a Mino to start out, expecting those fuckers to do the real damage. HAH. I think after 5 or 6 games, only one of them has leveled or even gotten any points. The Mino is level 3 I think, just a real beast, but the Chaos Warriors are slow, ponderous roadblocks at best. Once you start getting some skill ups, though, that team gets hard. But goddamn are they frustrating to start out.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: June 02, 2011, 09:40:32 AM

Also, a lot of the teams that struggled in the prior leagues just clicked and became a lot more fun right at the end of their first season. So things may change.
Yeah, it turned for me when my first black orc leveled. Once Helm gets his CWs in the lineup and the team fleshes out some, it'll be a lot better. Or, as mentioned, work up a couple feeder teams on the side for next season.

I've been trying to get in some single-player to learn the game better but I should probably just play some feeder games. I actually started a feeder orc team because I expected to dump the Tards after last season..until that level-up made me interested in them again. I also have a Norse team and three others (WoE, Nec and Und iirc) waiting to be submitted.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: June 02, 2011, 09:53:12 AM

Also see: Nifty Helmets
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: