Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 382990 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1610 on: December 26, 2011, 10:04:07 PM

You know what the worst part about losing my fantasy championship game by 10 points is?  It's that if I hadn't swapped out the Lion's defense for the Redskins at the last minute, I'd have won.   Facepalm Cry

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1611 on: December 26, 2011, 11:22:11 PM

Can someone explain the franchise tag to me please?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1612 on: December 26, 2011, 11:43:48 PM

The team designates a player as a franchise player - this is usually a player they would lose through free agency. They are then required to give the player a 1-year tender that is the average of the top 5 or 10 players at his position (this may have changed since the new CBA). It's a way to keep a player cheaper than you'd normally have to if he hit the free agent market.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1613 on: December 27, 2011, 09:38:52 AM

I'm sure that everyone saw this already, but it's so awesome, it has to be shown again.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1614 on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:25 AM

Pure athleticism.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
WayAbvPar

Reply #1615 on: December 27, 2011, 10:23:32 AM

I'm sure that everyone saw this already, but it's so awesome, it has to be shown again.

That was one of those plays that I was describing to people, only to have them go 'Meh' until they actually SAW it. Goddamn that was amazing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1616 on: December 27, 2011, 12:43:15 PM

I can't look at it without thinking he's doing a really shitty job of protecting the ball.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1617 on: December 27, 2011, 12:54:25 PM

He also didn't "stick" the landing as others are saying cause he put his hand down Ohhhhh, I see. awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #1618 on: December 27, 2011, 03:51:32 PM

That is only a .2 deduction though.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1619 on: December 27, 2011, 05:46:48 PM

That is only a .2 deduction though.

That can cost you a fucking gold, man. 
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1620 on: December 28, 2011, 08:30:37 AM

I can't look at it without thinking he's doing a really shitty job of protecting the ball.  why so serious?

Those sticky gloves they wear doa good job as long as no one actually bats the ball away.

I have never played WoW.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1621 on: December 28, 2011, 12:51:33 PM

Yeah, I think Dallas is so far behind on the wild card tiebreaker count that really all that matters is the NFC East title. Or they just threw their season away potentially. They looked completely inept. Of course, the Giants really didn't look much better. They got some really big plays but for the most part, their game was terrible. They can't run for shit against even a mildly competent team. And of course, the Jets could run ok but Sanchez self-destructed in his usual ways.

Giants ran like shit in the first half (16 yards or someshit) but ran for 100+ in the second half.  I'll take that.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1622 on: December 28, 2011, 02:00:16 PM

Giants are 3 point favorites at home. Remove the home point advantage, and that's just saying that nobody knows who is better between these two teams.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1623 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:25 PM

Nobody knows because it all depends on which two teams show up. Will it be the shitty ones with Eli throwing 3 INT's and unable to run the ball or the ones that bowl over opponents and gave Green Bay all it could handle? Will it be the Romo that throws up 300 yards but can't get TD's and throws INT's or will it be the guy who makes TDs and no mistakes? They are just that inconsistent. It could be a blowout or it could be a tight game.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1624 on: December 28, 2011, 04:49:11 PM

Nobody knows because it all depends on which two teams show up. Will it be the shitty ones with Eli throwing 3 INT's and unable to run the ball or the ones that bowl over opponents and gave Green Bay all it could handle? Will it be the Romo that throws up 300 yards but can't get TD's and throws INT's or will it be the guy who makes TDs and no mistakes? They are just that inconsistent. It could be a blowout or it could be a tight game.

Yah.

The Giants have looked like world-beaters (NE, GB, SF... outside a 3 minute window where they gave up 14 points), and have looked plain awful.  The Cowboys seem to have a much stronger team on paper, but they just can't put it together....  not as bad as last season, but they should be a lock for the playoffs with that lineup.

It's all going to come down to Giants pass rushing, but that's the story of the team since the '80s.  If Pierre-Paul or Tuck have a good game, win Giants.  If not, then non-Eli face Manning needs to show up and have a good game.  I just haven't watched enough Cowboys games to know what their problem is....  I mean, like I said, they should have been a lock for the playoffs just judging on talent.

Compared to the Giants, who basically got lucky that Cruz (and a lesser extent Ballard) have both been playing great football, and Eli has been coming into his own.  Running game is bleh, the veteran WRs are always injured, Tuck has been injured and the rest of the defense is meh.....
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1625 on: December 28, 2011, 08:21:52 PM

The Cowboys have a great front 7 on defense but a weak secondary (which is kind of common in the NFL these days, mainly because the pass interference rules so heavily favor the passing game). Their running game has been suspect. Felix Jones was hurt early so their running game sucked, then they got Murray and were world-beaters until he got hurt. Their O line has been a work in progress. Their receiving corps is not very deep - Austin is overrated and has been hurt. Bryant is pretty damn good but can disappear at times. Witten is still their most reliable receiver but their offense isn't really built around the tight end position like San Diego's was when Gates was all they had. And Romo is prone to fits of Favritis but without the experience to make it work.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1626 on: December 29, 2011, 10:32:47 AM

I'm not worried about JPP not coming to play, but Tuck needs to step up like he did against the Jets and not disappear like he did the last time he played the Cowboys.
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1627 on: December 30, 2011, 07:31:49 AM

I'm not sure what to do in my Fantasy leagues championship game.
I have Aaron Rodgers as my starter but figure he might get less than a half of playing time. I have Matt Moore as my back up. I am not sure who to start.

I think AR may be able to put up 200+ yds and 2 tds in that <half he may play. which I would be happy with but 150ish and 1 td is probably more realistic.
I'm soo torn. Anyone have any advice/thoughts?

Professional Forum Lurker.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1628 on: December 30, 2011, 02:23:48 PM

I won our little FFB league! Whee!

I don't even want to think about the Giants/Cowboys game. It'll just give me a headache.

God Save the Horn Players
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1629 on: December 30, 2011, 08:52:09 PM

I feel like this has been the story of the giants for the past decade really, at least since they got Manning (what is he, 7th year?).   As a Giants fan I am 100% confident that they can beat, or lose to, any single team in the league.  I mean I guess you could maybe say that about anyone, but it seems like they just seem to lack that something that gives me confidence that they know what the hell they are actually doing instead of just stumbling upon it from time to time.  Even the year they won the super bowl, they just managed to pull their shit together for enough games in a row, its not like they were a dominant team all year.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1630 on: December 30, 2011, 09:38:41 PM

The Giants have a good coach and good playmakers.  A storied franchise and a bipolar team.  I have NO idea how the Giants will do any given Sunday.

Oh and Rex Ryan?  I've honestly enjoyed your antics, but since your team didn't make the playoffs, maybe next year not so much with the bombast.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1631 on: December 31, 2011, 12:36:09 AM

Matt Moore is playing against the Jets. I'm thinking even Rodgers for a half would be better than Moore for a whole game against the Jets defense.

And the Jets still have a chance to make the playoffs. They are in the driver's seat.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1632 on: December 31, 2011, 08:08:11 AM

I feel like this has been the story of the giants for the past decade really, at least since they got Manning (what is he, 7th year?).   As a Giants fan I am 100% confident that they can beat, or lose to, any single team in the league.  I mean I guess you could maybe say that about anyone, but it seems like they just seem to lack that something that gives me confidence that they know what the hell they are actually doing instead of just stumbling upon it from time to time.  Even the year they won the super bowl, they just managed to pull their shit together for enough games in a row, its not like they were a dominant team all year.

The Giants have lots of inconsistency, but going back to Parcells/Simms they have always had lots of inconsistency.  Look at those years.  They won two Super Bowls, and in between they were mediocre.  On defense, they have always hung their hats on a couple of great players...  literally, when LT played, opposing teams had to have an LT strategy.  If you could neutralize him (there's a great section in The Blind Side about LT), then you could roll up the dee. 

Simms was good, but he wasn't great and he had bad years, plus he may never make it into the Hall of Fame.  Eli is the same...  he's a guy that can play at the highest level, but on average he is knocking around the bottom portion of the top 10.  Their O is based around having a bunch of good to pretty good players, but I can't remember since I've been alive that they have ever had a truly great Offensive player.

It makes for a team that, when they fall apart, they are truly awful.  When they are on, it's like watching a machine where all the parts are firing and guys you don't know are coming up big.  It was never designed as a team like SF in it's heydey, or NE now, or GB.  They don't have the big playmaker WR, or the fallback great runner, or a Best of All Time QB.

I think the Bears are pretty similar right now, except that Forte is amazing.  Cutler is a good QB, they have a decent dee and can be great on O.  The offensive line was sucking, but they seemed to have that fixed before Cutler went down.

If the Giants get into the playoffs, opposing teams should be very worried about them.  On a good day, I think they can smash anyone.  On a bad day, you may smash them but you have to worry about the pass rush ruining your QB.  If it's a situation where the team is worried about losing Coughlin (despite the fact that he looks like the old man from Up, the team seems to love him) watch out. 
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1633 on: January 01, 2012, 09:44:34 AM

God damnit why do I have to be in the "Chicago market"? I want to watch the packers not the bears and lions.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1634 on: January 01, 2012, 09:57:25 AM

For those who were going to use Rodgers are your fantasy QB - he's inactive today against the Lions.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1635 on: January 01, 2012, 12:50:24 PM

Congrats to the Colts awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1636 on: January 01, 2012, 01:35:24 PM

Matt Flynn...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1637 on: January 01, 2012, 01:42:08 PM

So if Rodgers had taken every snap for the Packers this season and the stats that Flynn put up would have been on his totals he would have thrown over 5000 yards and 51 touchdowns o.O .

Think about it, the single game passing yardage and touchdown records gor the team don't belong to Brett Favee or Aaron Rodgers, they belong to Matt Flynn...

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1638 on: January 01, 2012, 01:53:34 PM

20 minutes into the game and it's Falcons 35, Bucs 0 swamp poop
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1639 on: January 01, 2012, 04:07:41 PM

Looks like Denver will back into the AFC West title awesome, for real
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1640 on: January 01, 2012, 04:20:58 PM

Great, the Lions go to NO and play the Saints.  GB with a 2nd string QB puts up 40+pts, what will Drew Brees do?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1641 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:04 PM

Ok, I want the cowboys to win now simply because of the way one of the Giants lineman said his school as "university of chief illiniwek"

Fucking asshat.  Mob

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1642 on: January 01, 2012, 05:41:40 PM

Victor Cruz is such a great player and story.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1643 on: January 01, 2012, 06:05:16 PM

Rain and injured Romo = no shot

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1644 on: January 01, 2012, 06:07:00 PM

Looks bad for the Cowboys -- Romo is getting pummeled with 3 sacks already.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: