Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:45:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 408306 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1505 on: December 12, 2011, 09:19:05 AM

They would have lost because the correct answer was Jack Del Rio.

Damn it, how did I forget that mess.  Sheesh.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1506 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37:26 AM

Oh what a day.

The Packers made it look ridiculously easy against the Raiders, who are probably done. I think the Pack's defense got pissed off that people were talking bad about them and decided to take it out on Carson Palmer. Losing Jennings short term won't hurt them too bad as that receiving corps is DEEP - but I worry if he's out long term. 31-0 I'm not sure why he was in there to be hurt, but it happens.

Denver - goddamnit they just keep winning. However, I will point out that the teams they've beaten in this manner REALLY SUCK. The best win they had was against the Jets when the Jets were playing like shit. That defense is playing well, but we'll see how they handle Brady. The best QB's they've faced in this stretch have been Stafford, Rivers (when he was playing AWFUL) and everyone else is either a scrub, an also ran or a replacement. Still, watching the Bears season disintegrate is quite satisfying. Thinking of them playing with a disgruntled Forte on a cheap out franchise tagged contract next year makes me even happier. I think Barber's performance in OT proves that they need to pay Forte right fucking now.

Oh the NFC East. The Goddamn EAGLES are still in mathematical contention. I think Dallas misses the playoffs this year. Eli is playing out of his mind and if that team didn't have so many injuries, it might actually be dangerous. Their defense is really weak though - beyond that front 4, their linebackers are suspect (injuries don't help) and their secondary is at times easily confused. The number of blown coverage plays on both teams last night was insane. At least Romo didn't self-destruct tonight. If the Giants get some healthy bodies back for the playoffs, they could be one of those sleeper teams. Or they could just as easily self-destruct the last 3 games - this is the Giants after all. Dallas on the other hand looks mentally fragile and hey, no more Demarco Murray. Gone for the season. Felix Jones and his glass shoulders it is! Guess even Marion Barber looks good about now. Good thing you didn't release Tashard Choice... oh.

The Jets beat the shit out of KC and everyone else in the AFC lost, so GODDAMNIT the Jets are still in it. FUCK. I want them to lose. Oh yeah, look, Todd Haley just got shitcanned for his shitty Chiefs team. I guess it's a surprise he lasted longer than Sparano or any of the other bubble coaches. And hey, guess what, Romeo Crennel is probably taking over. YEAH!

If New Orleans can somehow secure the #2 seed, they have a chance to go the Super Bowl. If they have to go to Green Bay, forget about it. I'd give them even odds on a trip to San Fran. Of the 4 teams who might have a realistic chance at the last 3 spots (Detroit, NY Giants, Dallas and Atlanta), the only one that really scares me is the Giants.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1507 on: December 12, 2011, 11:17:53 AM

Everyone fired up for the powerhouse matchup tonight?

Anyone?

Guys?

Sjofn?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1508 on: December 12, 2011, 11:29:25 AM

It will decide my playoff fate!

On my side, Marshawn Lynch and 15 points, on his side Brandon Lloyd and the Seattle defense!

Note that in our league you get a point per reception so that is closer than it sounds.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1509 on: December 12, 2011, 11:40:27 AM

Re: Dallas, I am floored that a NFL team would plan to enter the playoff race with only 2 viable RBs. 

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1510 on: December 12, 2011, 11:49:16 AM

Re: Dallas, I am floored that a NFL team would plan to enter the playoff race with only 2 viable RBs. 

It's apparently a throwing league now.

Is it too late for Dallas to trade Romo for Tebow straight up?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #1511 on: December 12, 2011, 11:52:11 AM

On my side, Marshawn Lynch and 15 points, on his side Brandon Lloyd and the Seattle defense!

Note that in our league you get a point per reception so that is closer than it sounds.

I am down 27 with Baldwin and Jackson to go. I am dead.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1512 on: December 12, 2011, 11:58:57 AM

Everyone fired up for the powerhouse matchup tonight?

Anyone?

Guys?

Sjofn?

I don't think I even get ESPN 8 "The Ocho."

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1513 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:07 PM

My league scores .5 for receptions.  My opponent has Brandon Lloyd playing tonight, but I'm not worried since I got 171 points this week and she'd have to get 95 points from him to catch me.  shocked

I just realized that all four of the ladies in my league made the playoffs this year, which is pretty good since it's 14 teams and only 6 playoff spots.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:28:26 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1514 on: December 12, 2011, 12:21:07 PM

most often known as Drevik
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1515 on: December 12, 2011, 01:16:18 PM

My league scores .5 for receptions.  My opponent has Brandon Lloyd playing tonight, but I'm not worried since I got 171 points this week and she'd have to get 95 points from him to catch me.  shocked

I just realized that all four of the ladies in my league made the playoffs this year, which is pretty good since it's 14 teams and only 6 playoff spots.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I believe I secured first place (for the "regular season") in our tiny league. I'm on a nine game winning streak! So I am sure to completely blow the first playoff.

God Save the Horn Players
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: December 12, 2011, 01:21:05 PM

I thought NFL coaches were erring on the side of being overly cautious on the whole concussion incidents.

But not according to Colt McCoy's father:

BEREA -- Browns quarterback Colt McCoy's father, Brad, said today that Colt doesn't remember anything after taking a vicious helmet to helmet hit from Steelers linebacker James Harrison and that he never should've gone back in the game.

Brad McCoy, a lifelong high school football coach who coached Colt all through junior high and high school, said McCoy doesn't remember throwing the interception in the end zone three plays after he jogged back onto the field after missing two plays following the hit. The pick essentially cost the Browns the game and they lost 14-3.

"I talked to Colt this morning and he said 'dad, I don't know what happened," Brad McCoy said.

"He never should've gone back in the game. He was basically out (cold) after the hit. You could tell by the ridigity of his body as he was laying there. There were a lot of easy symptoms that should've told them he had a concussion. He was nauseated and he didn't know who he was. From what I could see, they didn't test him for a concussion on the sidelines. They looked at his (left) hand.''

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1517 on: December 12, 2011, 01:39:57 PM

I thought NFL coaches were erring on the side of being overly cautious on the whole concussion incidents.

But not according to Colt McCoy's father:

BEREA -- Browns quarterback Colt McCoy's father, Brad, said today that Colt doesn't remember anything after taking a vicious helmet to helmet hit from Steelers linebacker James Harrison and that he never should've gone back in the game.

Brad McCoy, a lifelong high school football coach who coached Colt all through junior high and high school, said McCoy doesn't remember throwing the interception in the end zone three plays after he jogged back onto the field after missing two plays following the hit. The pick essentially cost the Browns the game and they lost 14-3.

"I talked to Colt this morning and he said 'dad, I don't know what happened," Brad McCoy said.

"He never should've gone back in the game. He was basically out (cold) after the hit. You could tell by the ridigity of his body as he was laying there. There were a lot of easy symptoms that should've told them he had a concussion. He was nauseated and he didn't know who he was. From what I could see, they didn't test him for a concussion on the sidelines. They looked at his (left) hand.''

This happened last Friday - I recall reading it on the PDOnline. He is probably angling to get his kid outta Cleveland. I can tell you, it will not be the concussions that kill his career, it's the city. I feel bad for kids that get drafted to my curse of a team. It is really a sports death sentence. If you can escape it, take the chance - even if you have to sign with Satan.

Oh and I agree with his dad. Watching that play... fuck that.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1518 on: December 12, 2011, 01:42:22 PM

Bye bye, Sparano.  Time to sleep with the fishes.

Over and out.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1519 on: December 12, 2011, 03:00:13 PM

Kind of a shame.  He had the Fish fighting hard without any playmakers other than Reggie Bush.  Or do they have more?  I know little. 

This Tebow stuff is delicious.  Delicious!  All the fucking 'experts' on TV are looking like fools.  Oh and Marion Barber?  One question, how do you not drown when you look up at rain?  Lastly, let's not forget Prater was the one who actually made the points.  Good gut check there to kick a 51 yarder in OT.

Lions might stagger into the playoffs, but they are weaksauce.  I say this as a somewhat proud fan of the Motor City Kitties.  You don't let a 3rd string QB run over your ass like that.  The Lions were given a gift yesterday with a no-call over a 2-11 team.  Bad defense and, sorry to say, weak coaching. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1520 on: December 12, 2011, 03:04:51 PM

Kind of a shame.  He had the Fish fighting hard without any playmakers other than Reggie Bush.  Or do they have more?  I know little.

They do have Brandon Marshall at wideout, but when Matt Moore is the guy throwing to you and there's no one else on the field, good defenses can shut him down.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1521 on: December 12, 2011, 03:22:49 PM

They do have Brandon Marshall at wideout, but when Matt Moore is the guy throwing to you and there's no one else on the field, good defenses can shut him down.

Brandon Marshall is great when he's not suffering from chronic butterfingers, and Moore has actually been relatively good the past 6 games or so.  If Sparano had his players fighting hard for the first 7 games, he might still have a job.  The 'fins were just awful at the beginning of the year though, and nearly all the blame rests at the feet of the coaching staff.

Lions might stagger into the playoffs, but they are weaksauce.  I say this as a somewhat proud fan of the Motor City Kitties.  You don't let a 3rd string QB run over your ass like that.  The Lions were given a gift yesterday with a no-call over a 2-11 team.  Bad defense and, sorry to say, weak coaching. 

That bad defense got me 27 points this week though, so no complaints here!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1522 on: December 12, 2011, 03:25:04 PM

There's a very real shot that both Wild Cards have better records than the NFC East Champion this year.

Our division blows.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1523 on: December 12, 2011, 03:27:29 PM

There's a very real shot that both Wild Cards have better records than the NFC East Champion this year.

Our division blows.

Could be worse. Could be tha AFC West!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1524 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:21 PM

Beast Mode needs to be sponsored by Skittles.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1525 on: December 12, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

That last TD put me into the playoffs, roll on you Bears!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1526 on: December 14, 2011, 01:29:54 PM

Brandon Marshall is great when he's not suffering from chronic butterfingers...

... and not complaining and not giving up on plays and not being arrested.  (As a Broncos fan, I'm not really missing him.)

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1527 on: December 14, 2011, 01:43:15 PM

Or stabbed by his equally crazy wife.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1528 on: December 16, 2011, 04:52:20 AM

Oh, NFL, you just keep on giving.

Sam Hurd arrested while operating and trying to expand a major drug ring in Chicago.  (Unless you consider 1000# of pot/ week not major...) But he hired the guy that got Snoop off of a murder rap so it could all go away.

Except for that list of NFL players that were Hurd's clients the DEA now has...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/15/justice/nfl-player-arrest/?hpt=hp_t2

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1529 on: December 16, 2011, 08:04:52 AM

Can you actually call a guy that plays wideout for the Bears a wide receiver? Of course, I'm sure after a few years in the pokey, he will be.  Rimshot

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1530 on: December 16, 2011, 08:33:14 AM

Proving once again that if you have ever played for the Cowboys at any point in history, your likelihood to be busted for drug trafficking charges goes up ten-fold.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1531 on: December 16, 2011, 08:44:38 AM

I thought Michael Irvin handed new players a bag of blow as they entered training camp every year.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1532 on: December 16, 2011, 08:51:03 AM

I thought Michael Irvin handed new players a bag of blow as they entered training camp every year.

And a hot Rolex, and a hot hooker.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1533 on: December 16, 2011, 08:56:18 AM

Sums it up nicely.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1534 on: December 16, 2011, 08:57:14 AM

Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle Rofl Waffle

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1535 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:30 AM

There are not words to describe the level of awesome in that image.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: December 17, 2011, 02:56:03 PM

Why the hell can't the home team in a cross conference game be the side whose network covers the game? I won't be able to watch the packers at chefs because it is being aired on fox and is the same time as the bears and the seachickens.

Mob

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1537 on: December 18, 2011, 12:56:48 PM

So who had Indy winning their first game and Green Bay losing their first game on the same day?

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1538 on: December 18, 2011, 01:06:02 PM

Motherfucker.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1539 on: December 18, 2011, 01:09:01 PM

On the bright side the starters will be well-rested for the playoffs awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: