Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift Releases "Ascend-A-Friend" and "Free Trial" Programs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift Releases "Ascend-A-Friend" and "Free Trial" Programs  (Read 19751 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:28 AM

Thanks!

Yes, females start off looking ridiculously naked.  You should almost instantly get a quest piece that goes completely to moo-moo style.  Then, you'll complain about looking dumpy for many more levels until you get something that resembles armor.  Now that was a mage I tried out, so different classes and factions may differ.

My armor upgrade on my warrior did at least cover my stomach so I wasn't in a metal bra any more. My cleric is still in a miniskirt, alas, I guess only mages get to look dumpy right away! I deal better with stupid light armor than stupid heavy armor, though, so my cleric just makes me go swamp poop instead of Facepalm.

It's good to know there are options that look more ... like how I like armor to look.

God Save the Horn Players
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 11:45:36 AM

There is also a wardrobe slot so even if you get upgrades you can still look how you want.  Armor dyes too.

I am the .00000001428%
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 11:46:10 AM

Yes, which makes me very happy.  Heart

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 26, 2011, 01:14:26 PM

Certainly the interface is copied almost wholesale from WoW. I definitely rolled my eyes when I hit "I" and got the dungeon finder instead of my inventory, and "B" opened my bags. That's one place where I really hope WoW doesn't become the standard, on the "I is not inventory" thing.  tongue
Facepalm
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: May 26, 2011, 01:15:53 PM

Certainly the interface is copied almost wholesale from WoW. I definitely rolled my eyes when I hit "I" and got the dungeon finder instead of my inventory, and "B" opened my bags. That's one place where I really hope WoW doesn't become the standard, on the "I is not inventory" thing.  tongue
Facepalm

I would perhaps find this conversation more useful if I understood what you were facepalming at specifically. (Yes I realize you can change keymappings, but I'd rather the defaults were more logical. I remapped WoW after all.)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:17:55 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 01:20:55 PM

The conversation ceased to be useful when you "definitely rolled" your eyes when you pressed B to open your bags.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 01:21:39 PM

Um, ok. Sorry if my little nitpicks somehow make your day worse.  Heart

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 01:26:02 PM

I raged (for five seconds) at it, too, and Ingmar and I have like 180 degree differences in taste.  'I' is inventory, dammit.  Always.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 01:40:24 PM

I like having the option of wearing skimpy outfits. 

My mage is now 50 and wearing the purple ... of the flowing dark pieces and pvp pieces, but she looks like she's wearing a shaleweave robe.  It's a pretty frock.

(Just the robe - not the weird collar/shoulders thingie).

I wish that I could have bare hands as an option in the wardrobe thingie.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 02:23:55 PM

I raged (for five seconds) at it, too, and Ingmar and I have like 180 degree differences in taste.  'I' is inventory, dammit.  Always.

I KEEP doing I-for-inventory, too, and going "argh." I should probably get around to remapping it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:27 PM

The "brawl" skill (here is a filler skill, enjoy!) feels like busy work, but otherwise I am liking it so far. Of course, I'm all of level three on my little warrior. I made an alt already, who is also level 3. I do not like the lady armor thus far, please tell me eventually my ladies will get to wear armor. Real armor. My cleric wants pants, not a silly little miniskirt, for example.

Maybe I will catch up to Ingmar on my Sjofn and we can see how DUOING works.

Here is my level 46 lady warrior. Somewhere along the way, she got to transition from bare shoulders and waist to full coverage.

The armor is all quest/cache drops. It's all very *drab* because I haven't spent any time/cash on dye.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:07 PM

Not remapping hotkeys is something that doesn't even occur to me any more.

My inventory is ctrl+V.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #47 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:16 PM

I done bought it. I was intending to play the rogue I made as my main, but I have randomly fallen for my extremely derpy male elf druid/justicar/I forget, something healy cleric. He looks like such a big goon, he makes me laugh. It might be the giant chainmail dress he's wearing.

I'm level 11, look out world!

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 04:31:40 AM

I done bought it. I was intending to play the rogue I made as my main, but I have randomly fallen for my extremely derpy male elf druid/justicar/I forget, something healy cleric. He looks like such a big goon, he makes me laugh. It might be the giant chainmail dress he's wearing.

I'm level 11, look out world!

Sweet!

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 09:21:51 AM

Shaman/Druid/Justicar is a very fun combo to play.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 09:53:57 AM

Warden in the 10-19 warfront feel very op.  Can't kill anything but takes many people to kill you.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 11:44:57 AM

Something about the graphics in this game is giving me a massive headache.   The art style just seems sort of like a blurrily underwater Guild Wars to me.  I turned the bloooooom down and messed with various antialiasing settings, didn't seem to help.  I have 5 remaining days to figure out what to fix.

Edit: I just pawed through http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/screen-shots.php, and yup, that's what it looks like to me.  Maybe I just don't like the style.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:48:28 AM by proudft »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 11:56:11 AM

I like the Guild Wars art style, so I don't know what your problem is, proudft!

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:11 PM

Me neither!
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 29, 2011, 01:48:15 PM

I generally like Rift's character art style and my main complaint about it, it's bland without being expressly functional, isn't terribly fair to make until they release a few new sets down the road.

But I as well like the Guild Wars-look.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 29, 2011, 02:15:18 PM

I like the Rift style (not as much as GW, but I'm on record as thinking they've got the absolute bestest artists), but it does suffer from something.  Trying to remember back, I think it's that it feels like things blended together.  There was no definition of objects.  Maybe it's a function of bloom, but it was just "off".

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 01:03:12 AM

Things also look kind of horrible when you have them targeted due to the way they light up.

Ended up playing it some more today, got to something like level 12. I do really like the whole rift/invasion thing quite a lot. I'm not sure if I like it enough for a subscription though.

Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 12:02:16 PM

I like the art style ok AND I get headaches from playing it more than a couple hours.  There is something about the way stuff blurs when it moves that causes serous eye-strain on these tired old peepers.

And it is definitely specific to this game as I've not had any similar problems with any other games before or since.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift Releases "Ascend-A-Friend" and "Free Trial" Programs  
Jump to: