Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 883362 times)
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3605 on: January 24, 2017, 08:44:48 AM

Every other report i've heard so far puts Thing as one of the best out of the redo and basically op and unkillable.

Found out this is using and abusing the Invisible Woman ability and the talent that cuts the CD by 5 seconds. You have nearly continuous uptime with it then, five out of every

Really? She feels super squishy now -- doesn't dodge nearly as much as she used to.

I played ranged summoner and face tanked the cosmic trial for the most part. I only really worked to dodge Red Skulls' puddles. Note, this is in all lvl 69 stuff. I was just surprised as I did not have the DPS output previously to get even through the Madame Hydra part. The Hulkbusters got me every time as a summoner.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:47:23 AM by dd0029 »
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #3606 on: January 24, 2017, 01:39:21 PM

I'm not wild about the changes.

My main beef is that I liked being able to build any toon to have a single target spam <left>, AOE spam <right>, one button for boss damage and maybe one for AOE bomb... the rest were all maxed passives/toggles. Keepin' it simple was my game.

Logged in to find out I was doing it wrong, and situational buttons on cooldowns is the right way to play.  Meh.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:41:43 PM by March »
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3607 on: January 25, 2017, 10:08:22 AM

Played some Storm last night. She's fun with a full electricity build and lots of things to kill. She does get much better when you build her resource pool to ludicrous levels.

The big resource pool is a thing I'm noticing lots of heroes want now. The spirit relics got a whole lot more valuable and they aren't as easy to get without the uniques to relics exchange I used to abuse.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3608 on: January 26, 2017, 01:47:41 AM

I'm really, really not feeling this update.  I've buggered about with multiple heroes now and it all feels just hugely flat.  Some of them are just downright shit.  Loki, for example.  They crowed about how good his changed were, but it's baws for me - not fun at all.  2 talents that are just 'pick the least worst one' and I can't even decide what that would be.  What if I don't want to use the new fucking sword you've given me ?

Other examples, but he really pissed me off last night.  Some of the new 'we've taken the mechanics and put them in the spirit place' also fuck me right off.  Collosus Armor being an example of that.  Also, Magneto's metal.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3609 on: January 26, 2017, 03:47:29 AM

Yeah, the resource to spirit thing is really hit or miss. When it was arranged somewhat like Deadpool, ie Storm, it works. She doesn't need her resource, you just build it up and then explode doing more damage until it's gone then do it again. Magneto is a massive resource hog and goes dry really fast.

One thing I really, really don't like is that they merged your inventory and your Teamup inventory and you can't alt click things over there anymore. I used to use that for special storage, relics and elemenats and some of the crafting things. Managing it is really annoying now.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3610 on: January 26, 2017, 03:55:06 AM

Yeah.  I was hoping this would give us a really great and 'new' experience, but it's not.  There's no-one I've played where I've said 'wow, whee, that's better'.  They've all either been much the same or worse.

Don't even get me started on Rogue.  While I can see how the changes might make her for the better, I'm looking at her again and just going 'urgggg.'

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3611 on: January 26, 2017, 07:16:57 AM

I actually like the power library thing for Rogue. It's what kept me from her before, anytime I wanted to try another build, I'd have to go searching for powers. About the only thing that really annoys me is that her best powers are still buried in that raid I won't ever set foot in, so I'm always hampered in that respect.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3612 on: January 26, 2017, 08:53:58 AM

Yeah so far I'm enjoying everyone I've tried.  The only one who was really a massive downgrade was Silver Surfer, and I assume any other purely movement based character.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3613 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:09 AM

My don't like list so far is Hulk, Loki and Jean. Jean really bothers me because I really liked her with her clean four second mental rotation.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3614 on: January 26, 2017, 11:15:07 AM

Is Strange still a nightmare of 16 skills to use for effectiveness and only 8 buttons?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3615 on: January 26, 2017, 11:57:02 AM

No.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3616 on: January 26, 2017, 12:50:34 PM

Your succinct response doesn't elevate my hopes.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3617 on: January 26, 2017, 02:41:22 PM

Well, to be frank, the whole point of the patch is to ensure that you all have the same amount of buttons.  So, he's exactly the same as the rest of the heroes in that regard.  No more or less complicated.

However.  Some of the heroes are now just dribbly shite, no matter what anyone says.  It's up to you if you think Strange is now 'better' or 'worse'.

For my part, all I give a tin shit about is 'Fun'.  I don't care if they're tougher or weaker, I just want fun.

Some of these heroes have had the fun I was having with them removed.  Some not.  I've yet to encounter one that's 'more' or 'better' fun. 

So, my non succinct response probably also kicks you in the jimmies.  But bear in mind what a prick I can be.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3618 on: January 27, 2017, 09:19:11 AM

Allegedly there's a way to get Loki over 100 eHP so he just wades through cosmic bosses. I can't get anywhere close to that.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Dr. Strange is in a good place now in terms of power and durability. His summons build IMO is just ok (but then I didn't really have any summons items on him) but incantations really rocks.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3619 on: January 27, 2017, 09:39:08 AM

Well, to be frank, the whole point of the patch is to ensure that you all have the same amount of buttons.  So, he's exactly the same as the rest of the heroes in that regard.  No more or less complicated.

However.  Some of the heroes are now just dribbly shite, no matter what anyone says.  It's up to you if you think Strange is now 'better' or 'worse'.

For my part, all I give a tin shit about is 'Fun'.  I don't care if they're tougher or weaker, I just want fun.

Some of these heroes have had the fun I was having with them removed.  Some not.  I've yet to encounter one that's 'more' or 'better' fun. 

So, my non succinct response probably also kicks you in the jimmies.  But bear in mind what a prick I can be.

Nah, I want "Fun" and "Doesn't die or feel like Minions will overwhelm them"  Some heroes were fun but squishy, some were godly but not very fun. If they went through and made them all have the same buttons ans power levels are pretty good then, hooray.

Strange's Problem was to be really worthwhile he had too many buttons. He was fun without focusing on a proper rotation but too slow or squishy if you went Cosmic.  For less effort and better effectiveness and the same level of fun you could play Doom or Scarlet Witch or Magik. Which was sad because I really wanted to play Strange.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3620 on: January 30, 2017, 06:03:32 AM

So thing's invisible woman call in gives him 50% damage reduction and a dot that does like 120k dmg per tick on my shitty gear, on a 5s duration with 6s cooldown.  This is so completely OP broken at the moment.

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3621 on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:15 AM

I like some of the ideas but not much of the implementation.

Teleport charges make sense. Tiny fixed range not so much.

Reengineering Omegas makes sense. Ultra vanilla infinity system... meh.

Shift to spirit resources giving spike damage rather than being necessary to do anything makes sense. But on the heroes I've tried it just doesn't do much.

Perhaps its inevitable when they change 60 heroes at once. But everything feels mediocre now.

I'll be interested to try levelling someone with the new system. I expect the new powers system will be more friendly for the 45 minutes it takes to level a guy.

And I expect I'll keep clicking on things until they fall over in Marvel Heroes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:33:28 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3622 on: January 30, 2017, 09:11:13 AM

I have been waiting for things to settle down before playing again but read Storm was improved by the changes. I had used her when needed to kill a lot of low level stuff for a quest in the past because could turn on a toggle and just walk around killing. I had tried the cosmic trial a few times with her but never came close. Was too squishy with low damage against the boss. So this weekend I chose some powers that looked reasonable, spent about 75% of my infinity points, and went into the trial with my old equipment including artifacts which boost the wrong attributes instead of the energy and speed she now gets bonuses for. The cosmic trial was very easy. I only used a medkit heal once when I saw how easy it was going and tried face tanking Madam Hydra. Finished with a minute left on the timer for both bosses. I then went into cosmic ICP for a bit and had no problems. I think with proper artifacts, better medallion, proper challenge bonuses and a few other changes she will be one of my strongest chars if most chars have not improved or weakened.

I had no problems with travel power changes. 3 dashes with fast recharge were plenty to stay out of the bad stuff and have middle mouse button hooked up to fly when wanted to travel long distance.

One thing I did not understand was why the crafter no longer had recipes for Uniques when they are still dropping and my bank full of them from the past.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3623 on: January 30, 2017, 10:39:18 AM

I assume they don't want people to have millions and millions of gold banked for some reason, no idea why they removed the relic box conversion though.

I am the .00000001428%
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3624 on: January 30, 2017, 12:31:43 PM

So thing's invisible woman call in gives him 50% damage reduction and a dot that does like 120k dmg per tick on my shitty gear, on a 5s duration with 6s cooldown.  This is so completely OP broken at the moment.

I'm trying to get the MH community to deprecate the use of "OP" and replace it with "PERFECTLY BALANCED".  why so serious? Progress is slower than I'd hope.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3625 on: January 31, 2017, 11:15:54 AM

Been trying other chars. I have 16 level 60 characters. Most are either same or worse than before the big change. I did however find colossus improved. I never upgraded his equipment before so it is all item grade 63 instead of 69 without challenge bonuses or blessings on artifacts. All artifacts and other things are boosting health. Using the standard skills I went into the cosmic trial and had no problem staying alive but could not do enough damage before time ran out. I then switched to a summoner build and passed easy with no changes to equipment or infinity points. I never tried to move out of damage attacks and never saw my health bar move from full. I am not even using a skill that increases damage with high health so could change most of his gear and do better. Summoning gear is not needed because the pets inherit damage from colossus.

Human Torch is also supposed to be a lot better. He was possibly my worst character in the past. I took him into the cosmic trial and he did better but still did not pass with the item grade 63 gear and bad artifacts. Sure I could get through if upgraded everything but just not into him so not going to spend the time.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3626 on: January 31, 2017, 12:25:22 PM

Use the tornado uppercut build on torch, makes the trial cake.

I am the .00000001428%
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3627 on: January 31, 2017, 01:35:08 PM

You're right, passed it with tornado. Defense and offense both improved with the big change patch. Still don't like the char. I think because screen gets covered in fire effects and I can't really tell what is going on.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3628 on: February 16, 2017, 08:11:54 AM

Is there a good summation of just what the hell they did, and how to go about actually putting together builds now?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3629 on: February 16, 2017, 03:57:50 PM

A) They replaced skill points with talent trees.  B) pick some powers you enjoy and see about picking talents that enhance those powers, most heroes have several obvious builds.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3630 on: February 17, 2017, 01:32:24 AM

I'm finding that Marvelheroes.info is taking ages to catch up.  People seem genuinely befuddled about what to do.

As I've mentioned, I'm in a similar predicament.  Some of my heroes no longer make any sense to me at all.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3631 on: February 17, 2017, 05:17:48 AM

This bump reminded me to login last night.

It's no wonder nobody knows what to do. There's no "Hey click me to get a tutorial" button or anything. They upended 100% of the systems then said, "LOL, Google it." 

Talents are a mess. It'd be VERY useful if the skills the talents affected would highlight on mouseover. I don't have a clue what 90% of the skills are named, so I have to mouse back over the skills as I decide if a talent is worthwhile. The UI here also sucks. There should be some horizontal grouping widget to indicate "pick one of these three."  It wasn't intuitive and I only realized it after reading them over then trying to pick two in the same row. Erf.

As a long-time player it seems like they used talents to try and force some of the less-used skills into use. On She-Hulk the skill build I had that was fun is unviable.  Not only did several of the skills get changed to max-uses, but the respective talents force me to use one or the other, not both, and pick-up some other skill I thought was bullshit to begin with. Boo.

On Strange I have no idea what are incantations and what are enchantments or whatever they're called. Once again, shitty UI design means I have to mouseover each icon to find out any information about the skills.

Scarlet Witch? Same deal here where a nice AOE build is forced to drop skills or ignore half of a talent. That's crap.

Then there's traits, which make no sense. Do I have to select them? Can I swap them? If neither, why put them in the Talents area at all. Drop them on the lower portion of the window like the other stuff you can't change.

I have no fucking idea what's going on with my sidekick skills now, either.  All my sidekicks had the glowy "selected skill" widget around the "use while away" skill, but I couldn't flip it off to an active skill.  Is there some special UI I need to go to? Do I have to dismiss my sidekick to change skills?  It was late and I couldn't be bothered Googling at that point, so it just made me irritable.

The costume stuff seems OK, but damnit I have no inventory space for all the garbage they threw at me.  Are these the affixes I had applied to the costumes in the first place? That was my guess because it seemed like every one I got was already bound to someone.  I guess I'll have to apply the 'bound to <hero>' things as they come out of void storage by swapping heroes.

I get where they're going with the Infinity Gem changes but liked the Omega system better.  Omega had more flavor, but considering they never rolled-out several of the 'unrevealed' trees they must have lost the creative drive for it.  It's not bad but it feels like a step back. Especially since it's more like D3's Paragon system and I can't really focus characters like Ms. Marvel only on Strength and Energy, I have to pick Mind and Speed boosts too.

It looks like they made some changes to Stats, too. My Dr. Doom has intelligence of 29 now, but I don't see "increases summoned ally damage" on the stat anymore. Do stats not give flat boosts now? Didn't see any info about increase mental or energy damage via stats.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3632 on: February 17, 2017, 05:58:31 AM

Your traits are always on, you get damage based on the stats that your traits say are you main stats.  Stats don't give any flat damage by themselves, other than some affecting crit rating and crit damage.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3633 on: February 17, 2017, 09:42:02 AM

Thanks. Would be awesome if something in game explained this shit.. or if patch notes showed up in the launcher.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3634 on: February 17, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

Yeah, it may have been cursorily explained in the patch notes but if I didn't have an active and enthusiastic guild I would be just as lost.

I am the .00000001428%
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3635 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:46 PM

Well now I don't feel so bad for feeling utterly confused when I looked at the talents thing.

I couldn't even figure out if maybe I needed to be a certain level to activate them, or whatever.  They were all locked.  I don't recall any hoverover indicating what might unlock them.

Ohhhhh, I see.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3636 on: April 10, 2017, 03:16:57 AM

Oh look, it's the console port that nobody saw coming  awesome, for real

And the FAQ. Pertinent bits for PC players:

Will my progress/characters/anything transfer over to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

There are no plans for any transfers to be given from PC to Console.

Will PC and console players be able to play together?

Due to the differences from our PC version to our console versions, the ability to play across platforms is not available.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3637 on: April 10, 2017, 01:01:49 PM

Sigh.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3638 on: April 10, 2017, 04:46:32 PM

Not surprising, their development time is too slow to actually make any money.  You can farm enough splinters to get five free heroes for each one they release without trying very hard.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3639 on: April 10, 2017, 09:22:46 PM

The revamp killed my interest in the game. I tried it for a bit but couldn't get used to it. I still log in for the log in rewards and have tried out the new characters in The Raft but otherwise have given up on the game.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: