Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892259 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2835 on: July 24, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Yeah but there ARE characters who don't do massive DPS compared to others. I don't take Ms. Marvel into Axis One-Shot because while she won't die I can't hit that 4min timer after the 1st Hulkbuster with her either.

You are doing something HILARIOUSLY wrong if that is the case. To the point where I question if you have hands or a working computer screen. Ms. Marvel should not have any issues with that one-shot, at all. I regularly chew through that one-shot on Ms. M with plenty of time to spare on that little timer.

Just to be clear, we are talking about the solo one-shot, that is beside the Zoo and Wakanda on the list. Not the actual raid zone, correct?

My experience with the gatekeeper test was zone in, beat the first wave with 2+ minutes to spare, beat the second wave with just under 2 mins to spare. On my Ms. Marvel. At no point was I near death or worried about running out of time.

Cosmic Midtown is great now btw, bosses are melting and a lot less clutter and lag  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2836 on: July 25, 2015, 02:08:24 AM

I really like the idea of having two versions of CMM. One for people that have passed the trail and one for people who have not.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2837 on: July 25, 2015, 03:13:33 AM

That would be evil. Lets do it!

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2838 on: July 25, 2015, 05:50:15 AM

Boy is this cosmic trial thing a misstep. First, it doesn't work well and more importantly, who gives a flying fuck who can go in?

I got my Doom and SW through, though SW took two tries because I moved into the wrong spot and died. Madame Hydra shredded my hilariously overgeared Hulk, but I never take him in to CMM anyway. It bugged out on my thing and hung up after I killed Madame Hydra. At that point I said fuck it.

I don't want to do this 50 times to get all of my heroes keyed. This is a learned lesson. If you key something, you key the account, not the character.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2839 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:06 AM

That would sorta defeat the whole purpose.

I am the .00000001428%
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2840 on: July 25, 2015, 06:42:34 AM

That's because the purpose is fucking dumb.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2841 on: July 25, 2015, 08:55:36 AM

Tryhards make me laugh.

It's a game, locking people out of playing parts is dumb. If it upsets you someone plays badly and you're not being forced to group with them the problem is you, not them.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2842 on: July 25, 2015, 09:16:04 AM

Loki is, indeed, a beast now.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2843 on: July 25, 2015, 09:19:27 AM

Tryhards make me laugh.

It's a game, locking people out of playing parts is dumb. If it upsets you someone plays badly and you're not being forced to group with them the problem is you, not them.

Well you are being forced to group with them, that's sorta the whole point.  And honestly i would have agreed with you before this patch went in, but the difference in playing CMM now is night and day from before.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2844 on: July 25, 2015, 10:25:51 AM

Yeah but there ARE characters who don't do massive DPS compared to others. I don't take Ms. Marvel into Axis One-Shot because while she won't die I can't hit that 4min timer after the 1st Hulkbuster with her either.

You are doing something HILARIOUSLY wrong if that is the case. To the point where I question if you have hands or a working computer screen. Ms. Marvel should not have any issues with that one-shot, at all. I regularly chew through that one-shot on Ms. M with plenty of time to spare on that little timer.

Just to be clear, we are talking about the solo one-shot, that is beside the Zoo and Wakanda on the list. Not the actual raid zone, correct?

My experience with the gatekeeper test was zone in, beat the first wave with 2+ minutes to spare, beat the second wave with just under 2 mins to spare. On my Ms. Marvel. At no point was I near death or worried about running out of time.

Cosmic Midtown is great now btw, bosses are melting and a lot less clutter and lag  Ohhhhh, I see.

This was my experience with Ms Marvel as well, and mine is geared kind of 'tanky' so I was worried about her dps.  I got in easily with all three heroes I tried (Ms. Marvel, Loki and Scarlet Witch) and CMM was much more enjoyable than usual once I got in.  I was neutral about having a trial to get in when I first heard about it, but now it gets a thumbs up from me.

Over and out.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2845 on: July 25, 2015, 10:28:51 AM

Tryhards make me laugh.

In Cosmic Midtown and Cosmic Industry City, you are effectively being forced to group with them since only a limited number of people are allowed into the zone at a time (10 I think) and the bosses scale up in difficulty based on the number of people.

Over and out.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2846 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:17 PM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2847 on: July 25, 2015, 02:08:26 PM

Tryharding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtGhV5moT5c

TLDW: That's a wolverine with no omega's spent, and only wearing their slot 1-5 items and a costume core (no invulnerability core). No Legendary, Artifacts, Blessings, Relics etc.  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2848 on: July 25, 2015, 02:16:46 PM

(Wolverine is not a beast)

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2849 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:02 PM

There's a few more floating around like that, there's one for She-Hulk, Mr. Fantastic and a AFK Iceman whose only interaction is to get his golems to re-target the correct mobs.  why so serious?

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2850 on: July 25, 2015, 03:20:21 PM

I can't put Madame Hydra down in 5 minutes with either of my CMMers, Ms. Marvel and Scarlet Witch, and both are decently geared in i66-69s and decent artis (that aren't GotKs) with 2000+ Omegas. Neither come anywhere close to dying.
Don't know what you crazy kids are smoking to put out enough damage to have 2 minutes spare.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2851 on: July 25, 2015, 03:30:54 PM

I don't know why you'd have trouble unless you are beating on the bosses while they are immune.

I am the .00000001428%
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2852 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Not quite that daft, thanks. I'm wondering if I'm just having shitty luck with SW's random damage numbers. No idea what the deal is with Ms. M though. No one else I have has the survivability needed. Might as well try with SG, if I can get mobs to ignore her.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2853 on: July 25, 2015, 04:46:04 PM

I don't know the official max damage build or rotation, but how I did it was:

Charge in to activate my power buff and to land a first physical hit to activate that part of my The Power Doop Uru item thing.

With a full PE bar, use Crashdown strike to begin a full PE damage DoT, then use Stellar Flare as my spender follow up:

Pop my signature to give me a full PE bar again, then use my full PE bar to put on max damage Wave DoT and Uppercut DoT, spam the Uppercut for the rest of the signature duration.

Lay into boss with Haymaker until I get a full PE bar and then use Crashdown again, followed up by Flare again. I only use Crashdown and Flare on full PE bars for max damage.

After each Flare, I refresh Wave and Uppercut on CD, I don't need to worry about PE anymore on those, as long as the original full PE DoTs are still up. Refreshing with regular DoTs will keep the full PE DoTs alive and ticking. (this also works in reverse, where if you put up a shitty DoT first, then try to put up a buffed up DoT, the shitty DoT keeps going instead of the good one. It's important to put up your most buffed DoTs first and keep them going)

Use my dash to avoid the red zones of death and Haymaker as my filler. Repeat the process as my signature comes off CD. I did not need to use my Ult for either wave.

My Haymaker Bruts for 800k-1mil, my Flare Bruts for 2.5mil to 3mil . To give a rough range.

I have roughly 50% crit and brut rate last I checked. Just under 30k HP, just under 60% DR on all the armors. I forget the exact amount of HP regen I get full tilt, but it's an obscene number, over a 1k HP/Sec easily. I don't have a invul core, just a 400 LoH core. I am using a level 80 Shield of Perseus as my legendary because I am a dork that believes one day the taunt button will actually do something.  why so serious? . Using the crit damage relics (have like 300 of them :( ), the Power Doop uru item, 4 hela's for blessings, Lizards, GoK, Hand of Doom and a... shit I don't remember, let me check. Just using well rolled Ms. M uniques for 1-5. 1 and 5 are 69, 2,3,4 are 63 still. I have a decent Insignia that I turned cosmic, its like 1k hp, 600 CD, 1k BrutDamage, I think? My costume buffs are all Crit Damage I believe. I have random ass stats on my uniques in terms of fighting/speed/durability etc, I'd have to check (the challenge bonuses).

My Build is like, Max passives, Max wave, crashdown, flare, haymaker and uppercut... I think. I'll double check in a second. 1 Point in my CC breaker and my signature, mostly abusing lots of bonus ranks.

Have just over 2200 Omegas, they are mostly in the spintech boss damage, buffing my brut rate and stacking a few more points of HP I believe. 

I'm no where close to the max damage folks doing TTK runs on the dummy, but I'm probably above average in my gearing I'm guessing, I have pretty good rolls on almost everything I have. Lots of bonus ranks and near the top end of the random curve.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2854 on: July 25, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

Tryharding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtGhV5moT5c

TLDW: That's a wolverine with no omega's spent, and only wearing their slot 1-5 items and a costume core (no invulnerability core). No Legendary, Artifacts, Blessings, Relics etc.  why so serious?

Looks like his Clea is doing the majority of the work to me.

[EDIT] Just watched the Iceman /afk vid. Yup, that shit is broken.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:42:10 PM by Mattemeo »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2855 on: July 25, 2015, 08:04:53 PM

Yea, it was Lizard's Formula, Gem of Kurse, Hand of Doom and a Xerogen Crystal.

I max, Uppercut, Wave, Haymaker, Flare and Crashdown. Then all the passives. One point in her Signature, the dash, travel flight power and CC break. Max rank skills are in their mid 40's, 1 pointers are around 20ish give or take.

My 2,3,4 are 66, not 63. I am up to a 385 stack of Crit Damage relics woo! Using a decent MidTown ring.

With self buffs up she's at:

25% Attack speed
46% Crit rate
50% Brut rate
5400 Damage Rating
4500 Brutal Damage Rating
8800 Critical Damage Rating
I want to say my Physical and Energy Damage rating are at like 7k... but I'd have to double check.
Like 30% Power Duration.

29,268 HP atm, working on getting a better green stat on my pet.
59% Physical and Energy Damage Reduction
56% Mental Damage Reduction
41% Projectile Deflection
1400 Hp/Sec

9 Durability
8 Strength
14 Fighting
8 Speed
7 Energy
4 Intelligence

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2856 on: July 25, 2015, 10:40:29 PM

The trial was pretty easy for my not-very-geared gunner Rocket, but this is probably one of those things that's very hero-dependent. Scarlet Witch probably has a way easier time than Taskmaster or Colossus, etc. Though I don't doubt that there's going to be epeen videos of "lol this is easy, watch me beat it with underpowered_hero_01 in 2 minutes", just like there were of doing the Silver Proving Grounds in WOW with a hunter that only had an ilevel 600 bow equipped and whatnot. The more things change, the more they stay the same.  awesome, for real

It also highlights that at its core, this game is really just about pumping out the deeps along with dodging one-shot abilities (hi GW2!). Considering that high-end gearing seems to be all +crit, +critdamage, +brut, +brutdamage, I imagine that a hero with 4k+ omegas and BiS i69 gear / good artifacts is going to do like... 20x as much damage as a new 60 using average-rolled hero uniques.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2857 on: July 26, 2015, 12:50:38 AM

Someone did do a Taskmaster nearly naked!  why so serious?

I'm finding the test to be a decent enough way to gauge if a character should be running around in the Cosmic patrol zones or not. I took a couple of characters to do the test that I knew weren't up to snuff for various reasons and they failed for the exact reasons I expected.

My Ironman who I haven't touched in ages it feels like, just doesn't have the DPS in his current build. Which mirrored how it felt when I took him into Cosmic Midtown pre-test, things just took too long to kill.

My Psylocke in her lazy ass purple swords are the best swords build, easily has the DPS with time to spare, but is total glass and the SECOND I stop dashing around she folds like a piece of paper. I literally sneezed with Red Skull at 20% and got oneshot in that time  why so serious? . Which is pretty much why I didn't take her into Cosmic Midtown either, she could murder shit in seconds, but there was way too much 'oops, I blinked again'. I'm confident if I gave the test another go on her I could get it done, but I still wouldn't use her in Cosmic Midtown either way. (She currently has like 18k HP and like 4k armor maybe, not super great as a melee build!)

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2858 on: July 26, 2015, 12:46:16 PM

My Psylocke in her lazy ass purple swords are the best swords build, easily has the DPS with time to spare, but is total glass and the SECOND I stop dashing around she folds like a piece of paper. I literally sneezed with Red Skull at 20% and got oneshot in that time  why so serious? . Which is pretty much why I didn't take her into Cosmic Midtown either, she could murder shit in seconds, but there was way too much 'oops, I blinked again'. I'm confident if I gave the test another go on her I could get it done, but I still wouldn't use her in Cosmic Midtown either way. (She currently has like 18k HP and like 4k armor maybe, not super great as a melee build!)

Yeah, Psylocke is the character i have the most playtime on and i've never considered taking her to CMM.  Her survivability is based entirely on bouncing around, stealth and illusions, put her in a heavily AoE situation and she gets wrecked.  That's probably bad, but she's extremely fun to play and puts out damage with the best of them so i find it hard to complain about her not excelling in one particular situation.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2859 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:08 PM

Go to buccaneer beach and do /listen 10 times.

Yeah, I've now got this guy and he's...not hugely impressive.   Heartbreak

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2860 on: July 26, 2015, 04:04:24 PM

It's free damnit! actually "look what i can do" hits for a fuck ton.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2861 on: July 27, 2015, 12:54:45 AM

So I had the house to myself this weekend and I played a ton of computer. I got Doom and She Hulk both to 60.

Summoner Doom is total faceroll. She Hulk is pretty fun too. Very jumpy.

dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2862 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:45 AM

Loki is almost as much of a face roll. He's slightly more "interactive" in that you need to explode and resummon his illusions to refill his spirit and use his TP to more proactively dodge things.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2863 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:17 AM

He is NOW, but he's been underpowered for so long I'm always quite surprised that things are dying.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2864 on: July 27, 2015, 07:04:59 AM

I'm actually having fun playing him now, when before I'd pretty much given up at 25 for the first synergy. Only L43 so I can't say I'm feeling super over-powered or anything but at least I'm not making mobs giggle themselves to death with my own phantom tickle-party any more.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2865 on: July 27, 2015, 07:44:25 AM

So apparently there is a bug with the armor vendor, when you buy a portal darkhawk armor (very very good slot 2) and reroll it respawns with same exact stats.  So if you have a good one rolled you can keep buying it.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2866 on: July 27, 2015, 05:03:43 PM

Midtown Monday in cosmic midtown is incredible.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2867 on: July 27, 2015, 06:13:14 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2868 on: July 28, 2015, 02:08:09 AM

Nice.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2869 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:05 AM

I hope they're going to give him a new idle pose without a gun like they did with Punisher, which would be nice. That techno-organic prolapse has been imminent for too long.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: